Nightmare Night Guide and Rules!

Manestream

Nightmare Night Instructions:

*updated!* - check end of post for additional material!

Here's the game, and everypony has to play! Well, not if you don't want to- but there will be a prize for the pony who gets the most candy! There may even be awards for those ponies who achieve something great! Here's how it works:

There are four locations, and each night of the event you may choose to trick-or-treat at one location. Each night, a different character will appear at a random location, and you will be tricked, or treated! The object of the game is to be treated the most times, and end up with the most candy by the end. There will be a real prize given away, so do your best to get as much candy as possible!

Basic Rules:

-Once you pick a location for that 'night' (one location per RL day), you may not be active in a different location until the next night!

-Each night you can choose a different location to try your luck at, or choose to revisit the same one you last visited- but you may only trick-or-treat at one location per night!.

-Also, no wings, and no magic! Wait, that's not right! Oh, you can only have ONE character participate, although it can be a cast character if you have one. Remember, you can go to the same place every night, but the fun is in mixing it up!

-Each topic is open for 24 hours- to Trick-or-Treat for that day you must choose one location and RP your chosen character (OC or Cast) within that thread during those 24 hours! At midnight (my time) each topic will be visited by a mystery character, and all the ponies present will be tricked, or treated accordingly, and the thread will then be closed to all posts. New threads will open up at 12:01am the next morning starting a the next 'night' to be RP'ed! Be sure not to miss a night, and try to get as many candies as possible!

Trick-or-Treat outcomes:

Treat – Receive 1-2 pieces of candy

Trick – Lose 1 piece of candy

Poison Joke – The next round, your character is cursed with Poison Joke! However, they may continue to play as usual, just with the effects of Poison Joke.

This event will run from October 29th until November 4th!

*~Updated~*

There are five possible characters that can visit each location (topic) per night- but only 4 locations- each character does something different, and you never know which character will show up in which thread- its always random! At midnight each night, the threads will lock and I will post which character has visited each thread in the thread- I will then unlock the topic and you can RP out your character's reaction to the trick-or-treat result! Every post after mine will not be counted towards candy- since the topic has already been trick or treated. Each thread will stay open only 24 hours after it has been visited by its mystery character for you to RP your reaction- once it is closed, it is closed for good!

I will post rankings soon!

yup, no negatives anymore. Please be patient as some results are subject to correction. Post Number 3 in this thread will be edited to reflect the new standings as soon as they are available. If you see any inaccuracies, please don't hesitate to comment on them.

Question: For how long is the poison joke supposed to last?

yup, no negatives anymore. Please be patient as some results are subject to correction. Post Number 3 in this thread will be edited to reflect the new standings as soon as they are available. If you see any inaccuracies, please don't hesitate to comment on them.

LOL NEGATIVE candy!

(trying to picture what 'negative candy' would look like)

Hay, this is the World of Equestria! All things are possible, right?

:D:D:D:D

Third day and still out of candy... fate is too cruel, I gonna hide in my Manehattan flat.

By the way how the numbers are determined? All characters can give or cost candies or some only give and others only cost?

Well, if you checked the other topics, you would see that Nightmare Moon and Discord take candy, while Luna and Celestia give candy.

hi hi

Ohmygosh! I thought this was only going on for four nights. I don't know what to do or where to go now. *panics* :-|

I thought the same thing. Everything specially timed last week ends October 31st, so it caught me off gaurd as well.

Well, if you checked the other topics, you would see that Nightmare Moon and Discord take candy, while Luna and Celestia give candy.

If it was random there would be no way I would know that for sure, I could only assume. Especially considering Pinkie can give or cost candies apparently.

I was thinking hypothetically...

If the same kind of event would happen again next year, it wouldn't be that bad that the worst visit would be 0 candy and/or poison joke. Because at the moment it can be frustrating to return to 0 when characters already at 0 can't lose anything and the last day if you lead the classement there is no obvious benefit for your ranking to participate to the event.

Not that the competition itself is everything but that's still to considerate.

It's a fun event but for people not talking english so well it's kinda time intensive to participate everyday out of the week-end XD

I was thinking hypothetically...

If the same kind of event would happen again next year, it wouldn't be that bad that the worst visit would be 0 candy and/or poison joke. Because at the moment it can be frustrating to return to 0 when characters already at 0 can't lose anything and the last day if you lead the classement there is no obvious benefit for your ranking to participate to the event.

Not that the competition itself is everything but that's still to considerate.

It's a fun event but for people not talking english so well it's kinda time intensive to participate everyday out of the week-end XD

I like it a lot, its like RP but snack sized, especally since I'm not out to win :P

With a name like "Ginger Mint", it figures she'd have the most candy after six rounds!

:D:D:D:D:D

Sure hope Haywire can do better than just two pieces of candy for the night.....

• Like 1

hi hi

Whoa... I wasn't keeping track. How did I end up in the lead? I guess on some of these nights I was lucky to find time to write up a post at all and maybe that carried over? I have a feeling Nightmare Moon is going to gobble up some of my candy tonight though, cause I'm never this lucky. *yay luck superstitions!*

• Like 1