Celestia's House of Mirrors

Manestream

Celestia's House of Mirrors

You suspect the only reason Celestia volunteered to run the House of Mirrors was so that she could admire her own wings—but you'd never say it aloud. Still, it's a rather fun attraction, even if—oof—you find it difficult not to run into somepony. Or, was that just your reflection you bumped into? At any rate, it's fun for awhile, but you seem to be lost...

As the night begins to deepen, the halls of Celestia's House of Mirrors darken as well. Each reflection seems to be shrouded in more darkness, the shadows looming in every corner, shifting, seemingly ready to reach out- as if to touch you. As you wander the corridors, the sounds of others lost within the halls echo back to you; but it is unclear where they come from, and whichever direction you turn your head to hear better, you can only see yourself staring back. You can hear hoof-steps above you- maybe if you continue further into the house you will be able to uncover its secrets!

The path is not too difficult- but if as the night grows later, you cant imagine how dark and confusing the house might become!

Starburst wanders into the maze of mirrors, bumping into herself countless times on the way inside. She bumps into a mirror she steps back, bows, and says, "I'm sorry.."

Near the entrance to the mirror maze, Loud thuds heard are followed by, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Please forgive me... I'm.. sorry. Oof... I'm Sorry. I'm.. I'm sorry."

The previous evening had been unexpected. It seems that there was something going on in Ponyville. Insight never thought that the Monument would be of any interest to any Pony. The sudden visit of Princess Celestia was also quite surprising. He was given a piece of candy that night. "The Princess must be holding some sort of contest or something..." he murmured to himself.

He heard that the Princess had a house of Mirrors, so he thought he would pay a visit in the hopes of seeing the Princess again. As he ventured inside, he got lost and confused among the reflections, all the while hearing somepony apologizing to someone.

In a mild funk, Beachnut wandered into some kind of attraction. It wasn't until she was inside that she realized what it was. She smiled. Everypony knew, of course, that the mythical gorgony's gaze was deadly, much like that of the cockatrice of the basilisk, but her reflection was not. She grinned at the myriad serpentine ponies around her and began to walk through the maze, easily navigating her way through. The mirrors didn't confuse her in the slightest, she was used to navigating around reflective surfaces, since that's what the air looked like from beneath the sea.

Unfortunately, while the mirrors failed to confuse Bea, the maze itself was fairly complex, and she spent quite a bit of time retracing her steps. She couldn't remember exactly how to get back out, so picked a direction and started following the wall. Eventually she'd find her way out.

Ditzy trotted into the house of mirrors, she was slightly out of breath from dashing over from Pinkie's haunted house but she still had a huge grin on her face. Her muffin treat pail made a light rattling sound as the piece of candy she had received from Pinkie Pie bounced around inside. She trotted happily through the maze of mirrors giggling at her reflection as she wove through the maze. As time went on though the maze became darker and much harder to navigate. She bumped into another pony in her confusion.

"O-oh excuse me. Sorry about that." She rubbed her nose with her hoof as she apologized to the mirror she had bumped into.

As the time passed the house of mirrors became creepier and creepier. Ditzy folded her ears back and did her best to keep calm. She thought the house of mirrors would be a nice break from the spookiness of Pinkie's haunted house but in some ways this was WORSE! At least at the haunted house you could see what was scaring you, but here every bump and ghostly giggle came from the shadows and it was left to your imagination to make up what had made the sound.

Ditzy tip toed around the next corner as her imagination got the best of her. "H-hello? Is a-anypony there?" She jumped as another wave of echoed laughter came flowing down the hallway.

Well, after his and Paradise's moderate success in the haunted mansion, the intrepid explorer had come to the mirror hall to try his luck - as he enters, a thousand familiar yet distorted reflections of the ponies familiar grin all beamed back at him - it was a little unnerving, but Brazil was far too focused on his eventual goal...

" Ha, one piece of candy down, dozens more to go! " he mutters aloud, making his way with the group - he was quite enjoying this rather unusual night...just as he always enjoyed those events that were a touch above the norm. Nightmare Night, although still very much in it's infancy as a holiday, was proving to be just as much fun as any other of the more unique celebrations that he'd taken part in.

He keeps his eyes peeled for anything unusual...trick or treat was on it's way, and Brazil Nut refused to be denied his second prize of the night!

Paradise was having a BLAST all these mirrors showing her gorgeous face, oh man! She totally made kissy faces at her self, strutting across the floor for her reflections. Man this was fun! She bumped into a pony on accident , snerking and muttering some sort of apology before continuing on her self gratifying strutting!

"Wooo weee....These fancy mirrors may make me look silly....but I'm still looking good at the same time!" She grinned, galloping through the halls of mirrors, passing by a bunch more ponies including her father once again! Was he stalkin her or somethin?

"Better watch out...ya might lose that candy iffin ya aren't careful"

mine_mine_mine_by_keinzantezuken-d4dw9xf.png

You trot confidently through Celestia's Mirror Fun House. Nothing can be scary in a fun house, right? You continue to go deeper into a maze of mirrors, bumping into your own reflection once or twice. Well, that's as many times as you plan to admit it anyway. The deeper you go, the darker the funhouse appeared to get, until the hairs raise on the back of your mane. You hear a giggle, as if from your ear, and you pause to look left and right down the corridor.

"Hello?" you call out, "Is anypony there?" but only silence replies to you in the darkness. You shrug it off, thinking it was your own mind playing tricks on you, unawares of the pink menace creeping up behind you. Waiting for the perfect moment to pounce!

Nearing the end of the funhouse, you realize there is a new echo of an extra pair of hoofsteps matching your own. You stop, but hear nothing in the growing darkness. Peering through the gloom, you are about to continue when there is a tap at your shoulder. Whirling around reveals nothing behind you! Another tap from behind, and you turn, when suddenly a pink shape jumps out of the darkness and cries "BOO!"

Panicked, you run out of the 'fun' house in a blind terror, bumping into almost every mirror on the way. Harrowed by the unknown pony's laughter ringing in your ears, you burst out of the doors and come to a halt and look yourself over. It seems that Pinkie Pie got one over you, and you lost one of your pieces of candy too!