Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

Manestream

Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

You know that Pinkie Pie always has the best—and also scariest haunted house in Equestria on Nightmare Night. Pinkie loves to pull pranks, ALMOST as much as she likes throwing parties. What better way to combine the two than on Nightmare Night?

Against your better judgment, you step inside. Every year, Pinkie's haunted house gets worse, more scary than the year before. It's something Pinkie enjoys immensely, and she goes all out, preparing for weeks on end. Pinkie Pie has even roped some of her friends into dressing up as horrible creatures, ready to jump out and scare anypony who might chance by!

The first hour or so of the night has gone by- and the party has only just begun! streamers and spooky decorations are EVERYWHERE! Not to mention the house glows in all shades of eerie colors, and the windows and doors are all boarded up! And the only thing more in abundance than the food lying around is the volume of the music! Every amp you've seen tonight has its knob turned to a setting hastily drawn in chalk - "11". Strangely enough, nopony is dancing, and it just makes the whole house seem a little- spookier. Like somepony might be sneaking up right behind you- and you'd never be able to hear them!

Spiders dangle from the ceiling, disembodied hooves can be seen grabbing at other ponies from bowls of sweets and goodies- and strange sounds can be heard from all corners of the house- it seems like a party, but at the same time you get the keen feeling that zombie ponies might show up at any minute! Better watch your back- and stay clear of the punch! Your not sure why its green, and your not sure you WANT to know...

sml_gallery_475_9_23915.jpg

Poor Haywire was running in fright like her tail was on fire!

"That thar's THE last time I ever begged to git scared!" the rust colored filly in the white sheet yelped as she trotted away from the Everfree Forest. Now she realized how foalish it was to stand up on that stump and 'challenge' the forest to frighten her. It appears that the 'forest' replied in full, WITH NIGHTMARE MOON! As she reached the entrance to Pinkie Pie's House of Horrors, the scared filly stopped for a quick rest.

"Maybe some candy will settle me down," Haywire said as she peeked inside her bag. "HAY! I LOST A PIECE OF CANDY!"

Now she was angry and under normal circumstances, she doesn't get mad.. she gets EVEN. However, these were NOT normal circumstances. No WAY she was going back into that Everfree Forest right now, not when Nightmare Moon was there!

"Guess I should try this here place. Hmmmm. It says, 'Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors'"

"How bad can THAT be?" Haywire thought as she walked inside.

Snails bumped around inside the Haunted House, jumping at the tricky scare traps.

He found he had taken the turn into the more difficult part of the Haunted House instead of the way out, along with ome of the others of the group.

Snails was passing a crudely boarded up window, with foal sized gaps marked "Zombpony Emergency Egress" when he heard one of his new classmates outside.

"Haywire? Izzat you? Come on in! Pinkie Pie just handed out candy!'

meanwhile he looked around for the other ponies of the group "Snips? Is that you behind me? I hope that's you?..."

While she appeared to have found some candy Aloe was still lost in the maze of mirrors. Maybe she was on the right path though. The route only twisted and turned instead of branching every few feet. After a few more bumps she ended up at another dead end. However, instead of a black wall or just a plain mirror there was a large pink tinted balloon shaped mirror with what appeared to be a hoof sized indent in the middle? She tentatively placed a hoof on the mark and felt something grab onto her. Before she could react she was pulled through into the middle of what appeared to be a haunted house. She teetered for a moment before ultimately losing her balance.

Aloe scooped up the hat of her costume and quickly turned around. She only caught a glimpse of a Sparkling white sun shaped mirror before a clicking sound was heard and the wall revolved away. There wouldn't be any going back through that portal, if it even worked two ways. She took a more careful look of her surroundings. The room was strangely empty, particularly jarring was the lack of door. There were no exits to be seen other than a mouse hole on the far wall. A number of arrows were painted on the wooden wall with what looked like blood. (In reality it was a mixture of ketchup and hot sauce, a special Pinkie concoction that looked realer than real blood and it tastes delicious if you're a little crazy.) With no other options Aloe went over and tried to peer through the hole.

It looked like there was something a foot or so inside but before she could try and reach in the floor sunk an inch or so and another click was heard. "Uh..." before she could finish the trapdoor completely slid out from under her. She shrieked as she slid through a hidden passage filled with cobwebs before landing on a dusty old mattress. A painting of a stern looking Earth Pony Stallion slid back into place hiding the hole. She trebled a little as she gathered her fallen cap once again. "That... that was good. I'll have to 'thank' Pinkie for that one." She whispered to herself. It really was clever, it would be hard to concoct a prank of equal surprise and hilarity. She squinted through the settling dust and spotted a costumed colt. She couldn't quite make out who it was through the insectoid costume. She picked herself up and walked over catching him say something that she couldn't quite make out. "Who?"

"Did y'all say.. candy?" Haywire asked as the filly galloped over in the direction of Snails' voice. "Oh hi Snails! Y'all ain't gonna believe what I saw back thar in the Everfree Forest! It was Nightmare Moon! THE Nightmare Moon and she scared the willies outta me! Even lost a piece of candy there, betcha she SNATCHED it from me!"

Haywire gave an angry snort when she thought of how she had lost some of her precious Nightmare Night haul. Then the filly in the white sheet came to her senses.

"Now Snails, what's this here you're a-sayin' about Pinkie Pie and CANDY?"

Snails neighed in surprise as he peeked at the adult pony behind him, his pumpkin treat pail bouncing against his chest as he looked over the pony with a jester cap with three bells. The music was so loud he didnt hear the bells. He also noted she was in a white jester outfit and a red cape. Well, with the flashing lights, he thought those were the right colors anyway. "Oh! Sorry Ma'am! I was lookin' for my pal Snips! Didja see a Hydra around here? I'm Snails! Is my costume scary enough?"

Suddenly, Snails saw Haywire trot into the room, dressed as a ghost. "Wow! That was fast, Haywire. It took me a while jest to get here!"

He eeped and looked around nervously at the mention of Nightmare Moon actually showing up. "Eeyipes! I hope she dont come in here! I got mixed up after Pinkie Pie pranked us and hoofed out candy. If we stick together, Pinkie might come back and do some more scary pranks."

"Oh its a Parasprite!" Aloe discovered after looking a little closer. The light was terrible in here, it was hard to make out details. They certainly were distressing creatures but she couldn't say they were the scariest, at least compared to falling through a trapdoor into a pitch dark slide. "I'm very surprised. Though I'm a little confused too on how I got here. I thought I was following somepony in the House of Mirrors but now... This is Pinkies Haunted house isn't it?"

"And, Haywire is it? You say you say you saw Nightmare Moon in the forest? I could have sworn... maybe what I saw was just somepony in costume." her head bobbled as she tried to comprehend how somepony could be in two places at once. She turned back to snails with a slightly malicious grin. "We should do that. I have a few tricks of my own I'd like to show Pinkie Pie." She thought to what she had in her pockets. Perhaps the slippery lotion might be the best start.

"That's a great idear!" Haywire neighed. "Let's prank the queen of pranks! Tell ya what, I'll hide over here, you two guide Pinkie Pie over this way and then, I'll SCARE the living daylights out of her!"

Before hearing from Aloe and Snails, Haywire gets herself into position behind a fake tombstone.

"Now all we have to do is wait," the filly said before she felt something poking her flank. "No guys, you've not supposed to be back here with me."

Once more, she felt something poking her flank and again Haywire replied without looking back.

"Cut it out, save the scarin' fer Pinkie Pie!"

Then she spotted Aloe and Snips exactly where they were standing before. Once again, Haywire felt something poking her flank.

"Wait a minute. If those two are over there, then who's back... here..."

Turning her head to look back, there was a white glowing pony sketelon with it's front legs reaching out to grab her. Haywire let out a scream at the top of her lungs as she galloped past Aloe and Snails further into the funhouse.

Rose didn't know how the hairs on her werewolf costume were standing on end, but they were! After she got a nasty shock from Nightmare Moon, she galloped out of the forest and back to the safety of civilization as fast as she could. She could have sworn that she was being chased all the way through, the evil mare hot on her hooves, but then again, she did have an overactive imagination.

Regardless, once she finally stumbled to a stop, she felt her heart race and knew that she had probably hit the highlight of the evening right there. Nothing beat a really good scare on Nightmare Night, after all. It wasn't until a little later that she realized that she ran so hard it bumped some toffee out of her bag. The prospect of parting with toffee was a lot less ideal than that of getting scared, but she'd likely never find it again in the darkness of the Everfree.

No, the right thing to do was visit the biggest sugar fiend around, the one and only Pinkie Pie, and hope she had candy to spare. But such a task proved more complicated than Rose thought. While the party pony herself was nowhere in sight, she'd left behind a haunted house just full of creepy imagery and hidden scares waiting to pop out at her. She tread carefully through the house, until she caught sight of her friend for the evening once again.

"Hey, Hayw-!" She took a step forward and triggered a trap, causing part of the floor to part and reveal a cake with an evil face frosted on it. In a split-second, a powerful spring propelled the cake directly into Rose's face. She stood there for a few seconds, trying to get a grip on what just happened, before she opened her mouth and started licking the cake off. "Mmm. Kind of a waste, isn't it?"

Snails had a confused look on his face when the adult pony started talking about having just seen.. who? She trailed off with a worried look, leaving the question unanswered. He was pretty sure from the accent it was one of the spa pony sisters though.

The mare and Haywire both got excited about playing a trick on Pinkie "All right! That's a great idea!"

Snails then looked at Aloe. "Who are you if you dont mind me askin'?"

Haywire jumped behind one of the tombstones, and as Snails looked he suddenly went wide eyed. He pointed behind the foal in horror at a glowing pony skeleton but she finally figured it out anyway and ran past the ponies, shrieking.

Before Snails could follow her, another pony came into the room and called out to Haywire -or tried to, suddenly getting a cake to the face.

Snails giggled and came up, grabbing a chunk of cake from the floor and nommed it down. "Hi, I'm Snails! Yer welcome to come with us as we catch up to Haywire. -Afore she runs all th' way to Canterlot anyway. Um Didja see a blue unicorn in a Hydra costume? I got seperated from Snips earlier..."

As Beat saw a pony running away screaming, she just started laughing and said "Yeah, I can already tell this night is going to be hilarious!" She ran up to the glowing pony skeleton, high fived it and said "Nice job!" as she continued on. Suddenly she tripped and fell off a platform onto a matress. "I love this!" as she cantered on smiling.

"Oh sorry. I'm Aloe. My sister and I run the Spa in town. Its near the joke shop, if you know where that is... Is something wrong?" he seemed distracted by something. Before she could turn Haywire went running past the two and a fourth pony had entered the room. She heard a familiar click as the pony stepped onto a trigger. Aloe immediately spotted the cake door opening to her side "You may want..." her warning to the mare came too late. "to duck."

She couldn't help but giggle a little at the werewolf now looking far less intimidating covered in black and orange icing. "Sorry, sorry. Here." Aloe reached into the folds of her costume and pulled out a non-pranked handkerchief. The one covered in charcoal black make-up would be used another time. She carefully handed it to the Unicorn. "I suppose we can expect a few catapulted confections tonight."

Snails blinked as he heard Aloe speak to him "Oh Sorry, I was distracted by that skeleton that scared off Haywire over there. Yeah I know where the shop is, I go to the joke shop all the time, and my Mom goes to your spa just as much."

Snails giggled as Aloe spoke about more cakes likely flying "I hope I catch them.I love cake!"

The unicorn in the Parasprite costume looked the newcomer over as she cleaned up "Cool werewolf suit! Snips has gotta see this if he catches up."

He sidled up to Aloe "So hows do we prank Pinkie pie, by the way? "

Snips was frustrated. Not only had he gotten to the haunted house too late to get any candy, he'd gotten separated from Snails after Pinkie's appearance. Now, he was lost in the maze of the house, been spooked several times by traps and ponies jumping out at him, and had nearly lost one of the heads on his hydra costume.

He was moving slowly forward, staying close to the wall to avoid any traps in the middle. As it turned out, it didn't so any good. In the darkness, he stepped onto a board that sank into the floor under his hoof. Suddenly, the whole floor and the wall beside him spun around in a circle! The floor stopped moving on the opposite side of the wall, and Snips fell to the ground at the sudden stop.

Feeling dizzy, he looked around, and finally spotted the big parasprite. "There you are Snails!" he said in relief, "I've been looking all over for you!" Snails was accompanied by a jester, a ghost, and a werewolf.... who was covered in cake. Snips was really glad he hadn't walked into that trap. "Hey everypony," he called out, "you know a way outta here? I dunno if I want to run into any more of Pinkie Pie's 'surprises'..."

" Congratulations, you made it! "

princess_celestia_by_zutheskunk-d3hdo0g.png

An almost singsong voice nearby lets the other ponies know immediately that the speaker wasn't of average pony - that hunch would be immediately correct thanks to the gentle hoofsteps that reveal themselves to be belonging to the Princess of Equestria herself, Princess Celestia.

{ Of course, all of the group ponies bow before her majesty - t'is courtesy! !}

" It seems that you have been lucky here tonight...especially in these ghostly surroundings - I shall hope for your luck to continue, and now reward EACH of you with one piece of candy each for bravely facing down your fears on this, the most mysterious and wonderous of nights. "

The candies appear out of nowhere, and land within taking distance...she gestures for everypony to rise again as she spreads her wings. " For now, I shall bid you all farewell and wish you good luck on the rest of this night - may you all reap the rewards of both the real...AND...the emotional sweetness you all seek! "

With a strong flap of her wings, she takes off out of the haunted house - you could swear that she had had a mischievous glint in her eye and a smile as she left, but that feels so incredulous that you cannot help but laugh at the thought - surely you're just imagining things!

Ah well, whatever that was...you're a candy richer for the experience, and that's what matters most, right?

...Right?

Haywire stopped running when the mighty Princess appeared in front of her. At first, the frightened little filly screamed, but then after realizing who she was, the rust colored foal stopped and bowed to her. After listening to her majestic voice, a piece of wrapped candy floated up towards her.

"Now THIS is more like it!" Haywire shouted as she grabbed the piece of candy and placed it in her bag.

"Maybe my luck is changing! This ain't gonna be such a bad Nightmare Night after all. I wonder where the rest of my friends are? HAY GUYS! YOU HERE?"

((I can't help but feel that there is a princess shaped hole in the wall. How exactly do you fly out of the interior of a building if the windows are nailed shut?))

As Aloe scooped up her sun-shaped treat she noticed it smelled faintly of mouth watering oranges. She tucked it next to the candies she suspected were from Princess Luna. She had to admire Pinkies forethought in building this place. This room was lit by natural moonlight through a large hole in the wall that extended up to the second floor. If she squinted she could just barely make out a painting of a disappointed looking unicorn glaring down at them. "Haywire? We're over here!" She couldn't quite see the ghost pony but she suspected she was only one or two rooms away.

((Aloe will be continuing in this location, see everypony who's willing to stick around in the next thread.))

Rose had thanked Aloe for the napkin and was wiping herself off when the Princess arrived. She blinked in amazement, then bowed like the rest of the ponies in the crowd. She didn't often think of Celestia - the princess's presence was a bad fit for the murky world of Rose's imagination - but much like the rest of the nation, she held Celestia in high regard when she did think of her.

So why would the most important pony in the realm stop by merely to reward some strangers with a piece of candy? Was it special candy? Rose only saw an ordinary piece of butterscotch before her. Oh well. She put it in her bag and shook her coat free of any last bits of cake.

"Well, that was fun. I think I'm gonna go visit the Nightmare Moon monument for a bit. You guys have fun, okay?" She trotted out of the house before anypony could reply.

Haywire rushed over to Aloe, Snips and Snails.

"Hay, did y'all see that? It was Princess Celestia, THE Princess Celestia! WOW! Ain't she the greatest? Must be great to have all that thar magic! Wonder if an Earth Pony like me could ever git some? Well, I'm on my way over to Celestia's House of Mirrors. Who knows? Maybe the Princess will appear there next! Ain't this been a fun Nightmare Night so far, guys?"

Silently, Haywire was a little disappointed she didn't get a chance to scare Pinkie Pie, but that disappointed was short lived knowing she had gained a piece of tasty candy!

(OOC: I'll go ahead and switch locations since Haywire left and Snips I.C. wants out too.)

Snails heard a noise behind him and turned, seeing a section of the wall rotating and leaving a yellow hydra to flop over on the floor dizzily.

"Snips! There ya are!"

He bounced on his hooves happily as the smaller unicorn ran up to him. "Oh sure, We should be able ta find a way out! Just stick close, eh?"

Suddenly Princess Celestia appeared! He bowed quickly to the floor as the mare lit up the room. A piece of sun shaped candy appeared before him, and he rose as she had motioned everypony to. "WOW! Thanks Princess Celestia! That was AMAZING!"

The commotion also let them find Haywire again, who suddenly said she would head to the mirror maze.

"Well hay! Finding a way out sounds better than trying to out-trick Pinkie Pie...Come on Snips! She's gonna leave here!"

He followed Haywire and noticed a bell rope hanging by one of the doorways "Hey, maybe this will get someone ta let us out..."

He grabbed the silken rope in his mouth and pulled hard.

Suddenly the floor dropped out from under them and several other ponies.

After sliding and slipping for a moment, Snails suddenly found himself dropped out into Celestia's House of Mirrors beside the other ponies.

Was this how the Princess had left so quickly?

"Snaisl got up and dusted off his costume "Oh... wow! That was Soooo coool. Did Snips drop out with us?"

(OOC: Onward to the Mirror Maze! :D )

Snips' eyes went wide as the princess appeared before them. I mean, sure, he'd seen Princess Celestia in Ponyville before, but only at a distance. She was HUGE! With seemingly effortless magic, she had made candy appear from nowhere for each of the ponies present, then flew off in a flash.

Snips stood there for a moment, stunned, wide-eyed, and slack jawed. "That... Was... AWESOME!" he finally got out. "Snails, did you SEE that?! That was really the Princess!" Snips got his usual bounce back after that, costume or no costume.

"Hay, did y'all see that? It was Princess Celestia, THE Princess Celestia! WOW! Ain't she the greatest? Must be great to have all that thar magic! Wonder if an Earth Pony like me could ever git some? Well, I'm on my way over to Celestia's House of Mirrors. Who knows? Maybe the Princess will appear there next! Ain't this been a fun Nightmare Night so far, guys?"

Snips finally recognized the ghost with Snails. "Hi Haywire! Yeah! I shoulda' tried to get her to sign my magic hat!" he answered the filly excitedly. Snips then noticed Snails with the rope in his mouth. "Uh, Snails, maybe you shouldn't..." and then the floor dropped...