Why hello there

ZephyrBurst

Hi there! Decided to check this place out. I were recommended to watch MLP about a month ago and was fairly skeptical at first, not because it's MLP, but that I never did like any of the earlier series and wasn't expecting much going into this one. As with probably everyone here, I was pleasantly surprise by what I saw. The pilot hooked me in and I was addicted by episode 3. [insert adjective-heavy description of MLP and how much I love the show.]

As for stuff about me. I'm a gamer, I play pretty much any game genre out there, with Action and Platformers being my top played genre. Some of my favorites are God Hand, Yoshi's Island, and Viewtiful Joe. I'm a big Zelda fan, but I can't say the games are my favorite. I just love the Zelda universe.

As much as I like gaming, I love designing games more. I've made small games in a number of programs, such as Flash, Game Maker, and the Unreal Engine. More recently, I've been getting into Unity. It's an awesome piece of software and if you know C# or Java, you can do a lot with it. I use Game Maker to prototype games since it can get things running quickly.

I suppose I'll stop there. Oh, once I can use a signature, I'll link to a game I've made in Game Maker. I'll probably idle (and hopefully chat) in the irc room here. I'll most likely go by DarkYoshi on there. RainbowCrash seems to be taken. I'd state who my favorite pony is, but I think it's fairly obvious.

Some of my favorites are... Yoshi's Island...

You are 20% cooler for this.

I loved that game soooooooooo much. "Touch Fuzzy get dizzy!" ;)

Exciting to hear that you've had your hoof in making games before, when you get your sig up i'll certainly go take a look.

Exciting to hear that you've had your hoof in making games before, when you get your sig up i'll certainly go take a look.

Most of it is for code practice and to play around with a few concepts, so if you don't mind ripped sprites, go for it.

And thanks for the compliment. XD I loved Yoshi's Island for its superb level design.

I'll try to remember to greet a few others on here Tam. It's always nice to come to a new forum and have a nice welcome.

Quite a welcome party.

@Ruqyo: Fluttershy was my favorite at first, then it was Pinkie, but Rainbow Dash ultimately won in the end. Still a hard choice because I like all the lead characters. Even Twilight, who is kind of an antisocial *****, is very likable to me.

Hi! Are you the one who makes the 8-Bit remixes of the MLP songs? That persons account name on YouTube is RainbowCrash88. If it is you, then I looooove your stuff!! And if it isnt you, then check out the music it's epic :(

No that's not me, but a friend that I got into MLP showed this to me 2 days ago. I basically was O_O at it. Me and music don't mix well, at least when it comes to making it.