Celestia's House of Mirrors

SunsetSombra

Celestia's House of Mirrors

You suspect the only reason Celestia volunteered to run the House of Mirrors was so that she could admire her own wings—but you'd never say it aloud. Still, it's a rather fun attraction, even if—oof—you find it difficult not to run into somepony. Or, was that just your reflection you bumped into?

At any rate, it's fun for awhile, but you seem to be lost...

Some of the mirrors are a little dusted over in places, and it's hard to see your reflections truly clearly...sometimes a trick of the light makes you feel like they're watching you - that it was merely only seconds away from a reflection leaping out and doing...Celestia-knows-what. Sure, it's a crazy thought on a night like this, but sometimes nights like this were where the impossible became real - which makes it all the more reason why you and the others keep your wits about you

The everfree forest adventure didn't quite go as Blueberry Blossom had planned. It started out great she scared some poor unsuspecting pony soul, then a very realistic ghost pony came by and then Discord! Of all things she expected to happen on that path Discord was not one of those possibilities, after quickly and 'calmly' hurrying out of the forest the shadowbolt member decided to give the house of mirrors a twirl.

Pulling her uniform hood up once more Blueberry, now known as Midnight Dove, paid her fees and entered the house. This is the best way to scare ponies standing in a certain mirror would make thousands of copies of herself to scare the willies out of anypony! Taking her spot near the heart of the fun-house Midnight sat and waited for an unsuspecting pony.

Nothern Lights grumbles as she hasn't gotten a single candy yet. Tail swishing, she decides to give the house of mirrors a try... after all, Celestia is running it, and she would be sure to appear to give candies, right? She wanders aimlessly through the halls, finally ending up at a dead end.

"I'm not really sure how getting lost all the time is fun," she mutters to herself. This seems to be happening a lot to her.

Douglas stopped outside the entrance to the House of Mirrors. "Alright, The last place I haven't hit yet! This should be good! Gin-gin got quite a scare here. Onward!" He called, trotting into the door. Stopping just inside, he caught himself in the mirror. By golly was he having quite the night! He'd already met both Princesses! And while the younger of the too played the biggest scare, it was her elder that played on his fears with the faint noises and sounds of the Everfree. He couldn't wait to see what the Mirror house had for him!

Douglas put his attention on the reflection in the first mirror. Eying his costume's condition he hummed, his Detective costume had sure seen real wear and tear throughout the night. A ketchup like blood stain on his coat from the haunted house, dirt and grime clung to his coat tails and shirt cuffs from walking around the Everfree. Yet through it all, the beige basked Detective looked quite dapper as he fixed his fedora and took out his genltecolt's pipe. Giving a pose in the mirror and blowing a few bubbles from the pipe, Douglas let out a chuckle and moved into the Mirror maze.

As Douglas moved through the halls he began to think to himself. "This has been quite a night, I can't wait to see what I get from here...hopefully it'll be someth-" His train of thought cut off as he rounded himself right into a mirror with an audible 'Oof!' Taking a few steps back from the mirror he noticed how dangerous it could be to have a pipe in his mouth if he bumped face first into a mirror.

Letting out an embarrassed chortle he put his pipe away before moving down a new hall. Which had lead him to see a mare before a dead end. As he was about to speak Douglas heard her say something about getting lost. "Why Hello! What were you saying about being lost?" he asked approaching the mare until he could see she was a Unicorn. "Nice to get lost with you, the name's Douglas." he said, holding out a hoof.

After Celestia had left, a bright flash happened and Beat Match found herself in the middle of a house of mirrors. "What the!?" she yelled out. "This is weird but kind of awesome..." as she walked through and bumped into a mirror. "Ow! Haha!" as she continued going through. "I wonder where they got all these mirrors at..."

The mirrors around you seem to be eminating an odd gleam, and the air around you becomes filled by a dull laughter that grows, becoming louder until it's virtually all around you - after a moment, the laughter dies down and each mirror nearby is 'graced' by a vision of Discords amused eyes!

" HELLO, My little ponies - I'm here by order of the princess to make your night a little more FUN! "

that_discord_by_blooddragonx-d4adz75.png

The eyes pan back, revealing discord - and he's doing the discord shuffle on your reflections head before a piece of candy appears in one of his hands...which he promptly stuffs into his mouth with a devilish grin. Well, this clearly wasn't going to end well for anypony!

" None for you I'm afraid - here, have yourselves a few small OTHER tokens of MY appreciation in return for being a MOST wonderful audience! "

He clicks his fingers, and dozens of black spiders with red eyes start coming forth from the mirrors...each one squeaking like a dog-chew toy, but still managing to look somewhat menacing regardless...whilst the god of Divine Chaos bursts into hysterical laughter as he watches the event from his vantage pont in the mirror.

Unfortunately, it also appears as though a poison joke patch had been 'flashed' into existance along your escape route - Yup, you just had yourselves a discord run-in...and he's subjected everypony here to a dose of poison joke as a result. Time to go find Zecora, eh?