Nightmare Moon's Monument

SunsetSombra

Nightmare Moon's Monument

As you near the edge of the festival grounds, you see a long shadow seeming to seep out of the Everfree Forest. However, upon closer inspection, you see that it is just a statue of Nightmare Moon. You approach, and notice an inscription:

You dare to seek out Nightmare Moon? Then prepare to meet your doom!

For foals she finds a special treat- unless you leave her something sweet!

The evening is wearing ever onward, and the weird atmosphere of this spot is starting to get to everypony, even yourself...so much so that you could almost swear that the Nightmare Moon statue is ready to spring to life any moment and steal all of the delicious candy hoard you've ammassed.

the weather out here is getting a little chillier as the hours wear on - perhaps being in this section of the forest isn't such a good idea afterall...but the promise of sweet treats is way too strong to ignore, even despite the fact that you're in the piercing gaze of an eerily accurate statue of Nightmare Moon herself...

Still, you're with a group of other ponies, right? So What could possibly go wrong now?

Celestia had just appeared again giving out more candy. Insight seemed to notice a trend. It was the second time that she had appeared at Nightmare Moon's monument. With every other Pony moving on to other places, he decides to stay and do his research for a change. He studies the monument, moving around it reading the inscriptions.

"Just as I thought, nothing special..." Insight yawns as he lays down. The night is finally taking its toll on him. He was starting to get sleepy so he decided to take a little nap by the monument.

For the third time that night, Stormsong approached Nightmare Moon's Monument, admittedly feeling much better now than either of the other two times she had been here. She'd had the good fortune of meeting both princesses of Equestria tonight, and was in such a good mood, she felt she could sing. Which is, in fact, exactly what she started doing as she laid herself down behind the statue. This would be a wonderful way to spend the rest of the night, she thought, just lying back here and singing to herself, oblivious to the presence of the pony on the other side of the monument.

"Huh?" Insight rubbed his eyes as he awoke to the sound of singing. "Singing? What a beautiful voice."

He stood up and wondered where the singing was coming from. He looked around the corner, not revealing himself, and spotted a familiar blue mare he had seen before when he first visited the monument. He wanted to go introduce himself but he didn't want to intrude on her singing. He decided to just keep to himself and listen to the rather joyful song that she was singing.

Seeker had been terribly disappointed. He had left the monument early yesterday, still being sleepy from the night before, and had later found out that the exalted Celestia had been here!! At this very monument.

He had always dreamed to see the godlike princess once, after hearing all the stories from his parents and aunts and uncles. He would have been the first in his family to see her in person.

Seeker wasn't terribly hopeful to find see her, but this place was nice and peaceful enough compared to the other place he'd been so far, so he decided to come again.

Maybe he would be lucky.

MAdFR.png

Nightshade returned from the town, and began on his way back to the Mare of the Night's stone idol. He arrived rather fast, faster than usual. He had no reason for speeding up, he simply let his hooves carry him as they wished. He was slightly sore in the stomach from a few to many blueberry scones, but he wanted to go back to the monument for a rest. For some odd reason Nightshade had thought of the monument area of a good place to rest, ever since the first time he visited the clearing. "Ugh, it's been a long couple days, and my treat bag is nearly empty too... Not very good progress..."

He life's his head from a lowered position and thought out loud. "Wait... Am I getting sucked into this? ...Well, it isn't that bad I guess. Man I'm tired..." He let his head droop down again, letting himself lull into a deep sleep. A fairly un eventful night, but a good rest is always welcome.

Douglas trotted around the Everfree, again returning to the statue of Nightmare Moon. He was far from content with himself. In a effort to get out of the Mirror house with the other ponies he had been knocked into a batch of Poison joke...and boy had it done it's job. Douglas kept his fedora tilted over his face in some small attempt to hide who he was. The last thing he wanted was a friend to see him. "I really dislike the mob mentality..." he thought to himself, glancing at his hooves. His left foreleg beamed fluorescent blue while his right glowed orange. He groaned, his entire coat had changed into a slew of different colors, with his head being a snot green.

The faux Detective adjusted his coat and fedora, making sure his costume at least looked partway decent. He could only hope that he didn't run into any more trouble at the Nightmare moon statue, his last visit turned out to be quite fruitful. "...If somepony sees me like this I'm likely to uproot a tree with my bare hooves..." He sulked as he moved toward the statue.

Orange had run here from Pinkie's Hilarious House of Horrors after seeing Nightmare Moon 'oh god what happens if she follows me, that will be bad she is the most evillest pony that ever existed, she might banish me to the sun or something' Orange thought as he ran not really looking where he as going "I've got to get out of here maybe hide in a bush ... yeah no one will find me in a bush or what if" Orange continued to contemplate possible hideaways while he ran towards the edge of town.

Orange had ran unwittingly towards the Nightmare Moon statue, 'huh what's that' Orange thought "Oh Celestia, she's found me got to run, got to escape", Orange then hastily started to turn and run but had ran into another pony who was dressed as a detective "Oh I'm so sorry did I hurt you, I'm just kinda trying to escape and stuff and probably hide in a bush ... hey what's wrong with your coat why is so weirdly coloured?" Orange asked, completely forgetting why he had started running in the first place.

"Oof" Douglas let out, feeling something bump into him. Glancing up slightly it was as he feared, he came across another pony. "Well, this night is officially complete..." he thought, watching the pony back up. The pony soon spoke up and apologized for bumping into him. Douglas was about to tell him it was alright, until the pony pointed out his coloration. He stammered slightly, wondering what he should say. "Could I tell him it's part of my costume?....No, what the hay kind of sense does that make?" Douglas fought over what he should say before finally giving up.

"Yeah, Ah'm alright. I was uh...pushed into some Poison Joke...it turned my coat this color...Err, colors." Douglas admitted, feeling foolish for letting himself be pushed into the Poison Joke in the first place. He could feel an awkward silence fall upon them. "So...how's Nightmare Night treating you?" Douglas decided he might as face whatever comes of it. "You heading to the statue as well?"

chicken_pie_by_keinzantezuken-d4dj64i.png

Pinkie Pie

Tonight you've decided to give the Nightmare Moon monument a go. The last few nights went so well here, that you were hoping to snag more candy or at least catch a glimpse of one or both princesses! Excitement tingles your hooves as you walk up towards the monument, bowing your head in respect to the mistress of darkness. Then you hear a squeal.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! It's Nightmare Moon! Run! Run for your lives, everypony!" you look up and see a pink earth pony in a chicken suit zoom by you. Quickly checking your surrounding, all you see is nothingness at first, and glancing up at the statue reveals nothing out of the ordinary. Shrugging it off, you leave the monument disappointed that you didn't get any candy, nor did you see the princesses. All you got was a Pink Pony in a Chicken Suit overreacting to a scary statue.

Orange heard some screaming behind him "Oh no" he looked around to see a pink earth pony chicken naturally Orange just assumed the worst "Nightmare Moon has turned her into a chicken and now she's here for us" Orange screamed as he ran away as fast as he could heading to the only place where no one could sneak up behind him the mirror house. Completely forgetting the strangely coloured pony he ran off as fast as his hooves could carry him.

Storm was startled out of her song when she heard somepony nearby squeal. Opening her eyes and looking around, she spotted a pink pony in a chicken suit running past the statue for the second time that night, apparently still afraid of Nightmare Moon. It was then that Storm noticed several other ponies gathered around the momument, and she grew incredibly nervous about the fact that they had heard her singing, and she didn't even know how long. "O-oh my... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb anypony!" she blurted out before walking off.