Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

Manestream

Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

You know that Pinkie Pie always has the best—and also scariest haunted house in Equestria on Nightmare Night. Pinkie loves to pull pranks, ALMOST as much as she likes throwing parties. What better way to combine the two than on Nightmare Night?

Against your better judgment, you step inside. Every year, Pinkie's haunted house gets worse, more scary than the year before. It's something Pinkie enjoys immensely, and she goes all out, preparing for weeks on end. Pinkie Pie has even roped some of her friends into dressing up as horrible creatures, ready to jump out and scare anypony who might chance by!

This haunted house is well decorated this year - the painted skulls, glowing ghosts and the suspended bats swinging on the ceiling all look as though they could start chattering and making noises at you at any moment...the howling wind through open windows almost seem to be calling out to warn you of the potential troublesome spooks in the dark...waiting to leap out and scare anypony silly enough to cross them.

But you're all already far too deep in to turn back now - there's a prize in here someplace, a reward for those brave souls who have ventured into this dark, creepy place with the intent to conquer it this year...but of course, there's still much more in the unknown than you've probably seen, and who knows what other creepy surprises lay in wait for the unwary and the easily scared?

Dare you go on in?

Stormsong, still flustered over having disrupted the other ponies at Nightmare Moon's Monument, inadvertently walked into the last place she wanted to be tonight: a haunted house. She realized her mistake once she was inside, and gave out a frightened "Eep!" in response to the horrors that met her vision. Feeling that she had already encountered more than her fair share of scares for tonight, she moved quickly through the place, looking for the exit.

She had just rounded a corner that looked promising when suddenly, a zombie pony jumped out in front of her, snarling and reaching its hooves for her! Having lost count of how many times this particular response had been given tonight, she shrieked in terror and ran blindly through the haunted house, occasionally slamming into a wall in her need to escape. Very soon though, she was out of breath, and instead of continuing her mad gallop to the exit, she curled up into a shivering ball in the corner and began to cry.

"I'ma gonna try my luck here agin," Haywire said as the white sheet covered filly entered the Haunted House.

"I know what to expect here! A ghost pony should fly out from over here when I touch this board in the floor!" she said as her hoof stomped it. Nothing happened. :Hay! Wait a minute! Someone changed all this here! I'ma gitt'n outta here!"

Turning to run, a trap door opened beneath the rust colored filly and down she went. A slide with all sorts of twists and turns with scary lights and faces all around her. Suddenly, the slide stopped and Haywire landed on a springy matress that bounced her upward, through another opened trap door before landing on the floor of the haunted house once more.

"Whoa nelly! That was a wild ride!" Haywire shouted before hearing crying in the distance. Instinctively, she ran towards the sound and stopped when she spotted Stormsong, alone and sobbing.

"Hay thar friend, what's the matter?" she asked softly and politely,

Stormsong gave another frightened "Eep!" when she heard a voice nearby, addressing her. Looking up from where her head had been resting on the floor, she saw that she was being addressed by... a ghost! No no no, she realized, she was being addressed by a rust brown filly covered in a white sheet, which was, by far, much less scary than a ghost.

She sighed and sniffled before laying her head back down on the ground, giving a sorrowful reply of "I-I just... tonight has been really s-scary, and now it's almost over, a-and... and... I haven't even found my friend who was supposed to meet me here. W-we were supposed to have... s-so much fun together t-tonight..." She gave another sniffle, a hiccup, and closed her eyes, feeling a fresh wave of tears making their way down her already tear-streaked face.

"I didn't even mean to come in here." she continued, voice muffled from her face being covered with her hooves now. "I was just walking around, a-and the next thing I knew, I was here instead of in town, a-and... I c-can't find my way out now."

Haywire looked down at the new pony and smiled.

"My name's Haywire, and I kinda got lost in this here place too! I was fixin' to do some great scarin' tonight, but so far, I ain't had much luck. No, I've had luck tonight, all BAD! No need to panic, maybe if'n we stick together, betwixt the two of us kin find the exit. Whew, it's powerful warm in here, gonna take off my sheet fer a while."

The filly removed her white sheet ghost costume to reveal the red devil outfit she wore underneath it.

"The only pony I got a good scare on tonight was Granny Smith, but that old gray mare's scared of her own shadow!"

Storm couldn't help but smile back at the filly, already feeling a little better now that she was in the company of a friendly face. She took her hooves away from her face and looked up again, managing to get out a quiet "My name's Stormsong", which she was quite proud of in her current state.

What happened next, she was certainly not prepared for. The filly in front of her took the sheet that was covering her, revealing that she wasn't an innocent filly after all, but a devil! Imitating the pink pony she had seen twice tonight, she got up and ran through the haunted house once more, this time screaming, "Eeeeeeeep! It's a demon filly! Everypony run for your lives!"

On her way back home to Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom couldn't help but stop at Pinkie's haunted house just once more. The pooped little filly was just barely on her feet, dragging her hooves and dragging shreds of her now completely glow-less ghost costume behind her. She had lost her phosphorescent cowboy hat earlier somewhere in the hall of mirrors. "Ah sure home Applejack ain't mad that ah lost one of her hats". The line was much shorter to the haunted house now, and the pace at which the ponies were going through seemed to have slowed down.

Without the benefit of her glowing costume, the filly was hoping she would still make it to the Mad Scientist's lab at the end, before being ejected from the dark maze. Her time in the haunted house had been such a blur when the night began that she was hoping to have more time to study the craftsmanship that went into building the props this time around.

She was just admiring the skillful detailing on a coffin when suddenly she was bowled over by what sounded like...Pinkie Pie? When she was able to focus her eyes again, though, she could just make out an unfamiliar blue unicorn, running scared and still screaming in the darkened hallway.

"You're goin' the wrong way!" Apple Bloom shouted after her. Gesturing weakly with her hooves she added "The exit's that way!"

Woops, looks like you're in trouble...

nightmare_moon_by_miketheuser-d3g67ct.png

It turns out that Nightmare moon is here to scare some ponies silly - you're forced to sacrifice a candy and run away...

But at least you managed to escape with your rear ungobbled - this year at least!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Haywire screamed out. "EVERYPONY FOR HERSELF!"

This was the second time tonight the filly had the misfortune of encountering the scary mare of darkness! The frightened Haywire galloped off, dodging mirrors on her way outside.

"Nuts and shoes! I lost a piece of candy to boot! If'n I wasn't so scared of that mare, I'd run back in thar and give her what fer!"

Hearing Nightmare Moon's booming wicked laugh once more, Haywire EEPS! and then dashes off into the night.

From her position in a heap on the ground, thanks to Stormstong's quick exit, Apple Bloom saw the waving hair of the nefarious...the horrifying... the terrible... NIGHTMARE MOON! The alicorn of deepest midnight stepped into the ill-lit corridor and looked haughtily down at her with her sapphire eyes narrowed, assessing. "Oh no, please don't eat me, Nightmare Moon", the little filly pleaded with her, holding a sun-shaped yellow candy above her head, balanced carefully on the flat of her hoof.

Apple Bloom clenched her eyes, hoping that the angry princess wouldn't stomp on her, or worse, gobble her up, but still holding her hoof aloft. She stayed in this position a while longer, not hearing a sound but her own racing heart, until she got up the courage to open one sunset-colored eye just a peep. Empty. She was the only pony in in the faintly glowing corridor. Hoping that her tactic of laying still had perhaps saved her candy, she lowered her too to discover that, yes indeed it was gone. She hadn't even felt it being removed.

"Aw shucks!" she lamented, "Ah was savin' that one for Granny Smith! Guess ah'm gonna haveta keep goin' through the haunted house and get some more candy so me an' Granny, an' Big Macintosh, and AppleJack can all have some."