Celestia's House of Mirrors

SunsetSombra

Celestia's House of Mirrors

You suspect the only reason Celestia volunteered to run the House of Mirrors was so that she could admire her own wings—but you'd never say it aloud. Still, it's a rather fun attraction, even if—oof—you find it difficult not to run into somepony. Or, was that just your reflection you bumped into?

At any rate, it's fun for awhile, but you seem to be lost...

Some of the mirrors are a little dusted over in places, and it's hard to see your reflections truly clearly...sometimes a trick of the light makes you feel like they're watching you - that it was merely only seconds away from a reflection leaping out and doing...Celestia-knows-what. Sure, it's a crazy thought on a night like this, but sometimes nights like this were where the impossible became real - which makes it all the more reason why you and the others keep your wits about you

It had been a short but eventful night and after seeing so many things go wrong for everypony Cheerilee was just glad Nightmare Night would soon be over.

She had seen ponies sevely distressed, by posion jokes, the efforts of other ponies who meant no harm and said pony's own overactive imagination.

Luck had been on her side too, nothing bad had happened to her (thank Celestia!) and she had met both royal princesses; though usually while she was in the midst of aiding a traumatized pony so she never really had the time to stop and chat.

"Well I might as well take a look here" Cheerilee thought to herself as she stepped boldly into the house of horrors; quietly confident that all fears were just nothing but a figment of some pony's imagination

Stormsong rushed into the House of Mirrors, not even remembering how she managed to get here. She had been scared for so much of tonight that all she wanted to do now was go home, but she couldn't seem to escape the horrors that made up Nightmare Night. Pausing to catch her breath, which she seemed quite short on tonight, she pulled back the hood of her black cloak to take in her surroundings. From what she could tell, she was surrounded by lots of herself and lots of fuchsia coated mares. One thing she was glad to see was that there was nothing immediately scary that she needed to run from, and that she had managed to keep her blue and purple scarf on after her mad gallop out of the haunted house.

Not feeling up to conversation with all the stress she had been in tonight, she simply laid herself down in front of a mirror and looked herself over. She looked like she had been frightened half to death, at least she thought she did. That was nothing a good sleep tonight wouldn't take care of, and she sure knew she was going to sleep well after all the running she had done. Or sleep horribly, after all the "fun" she had partaken of; she couldn't really decide which.

Orange looked around the night almost over 'finally' he thought to himself 'this nightmare is almost over, I just hope that I can escape this night with the rest of my dignity'. Orange started to trot around mindlessly just waiting for the night to be over and for everypony to go home so he could escape this crazy town without anypony realising. The mirror house was the where Orange started his nightmare so it was just that it would also serve as the place where it would end. Orange had been scared half to death by everything, he had hid and uprooted a bush and feinted about 3 times meanwhile loosing all his dignity to anypony nearby him.

Orange just couldn't wait for the night to be over he just continued to trot on hopelessly lost but he couldn't care less for soon the night would be over, he would be able to go home and tend to his farm and maybe one day forget this night altogether, "what am I thinking, I'll never forget the night I humiliated myself in front of everypony 3 times in one night. Oh well at least I don't have to come back here anytime soon" Orange said to himself as he passed mirror after mirror dreaming of home.

April Showers waddled through the entrance to the house of mirrors, silently cursing her bulky thundercloud costume as one of the cardboard lightning bolts snagged in a gap between two of the mirrors. Grabbing the offending piece of board in her teeth she tugged hard, unable to suppress a squeak of surprise when it suddenly came free, sending her sprawling backwards into a heap. Scowling she struggled back to her feet, exhaling loudly through her nostrils in frustration as she glared at the spiraling reflections of herself in the mirrors. She was tired, slightly nauseous from too much candy and her costume was beginning to itch.

It was time to call it a night. Huffing again she turned back the way she'd came, the clop of her hooves echoing as she headed towards the exit.

THUD!

"What the hay?" she sneezed as she frowned at the large, dust covered mirror blocking the hallway she'd entered through. Rubbing her nose with a hoof she turned around, letting out a yelp of surprise as she spotted a sudden flash of orange streak through a patchwork of mirrors in front of her. Spinning around she felt the hairs on the back up her neck stand up as she was met with a dark, empty hallway.

"H... hello?"

chicken_pie_by_keinzantezuken-d4dj64i.png

Pinkie Pie!

"Bkaaaaaaw! " You look up and see dozens of pink earth ponies in chicken suits zoom by you! You step to the side, trying to avoid the reflections of the panicked chicken-pinkie scrambling all throughout the room- but it proves useless as the real pinkie crashes into you in a flurry of feathers and candy! Coming back to your senses, you collect your candy, and find that you have one more than you previously did before- what fortune!

Cheerilee's ears picked up as she heard the clattering of hooves and some odd whispering that she couldn't pinpoint, which she immediately dismissed seeing as that she can't be the only pony in here...right??

"That's strange....the clattering is getting lou-" Oomph!....Bkaaaaaaw!

Cheerilee got up slowly, untangling herself from what seemed like a giant chicken which jumped up comically and shot down the corridor; and all Cheerilee could catch was a glimpse of a familar looking tail....

"Oh its just Pinkie Pie" thought Cheeilee "Silly pony must have been scared by her own reflection; and whats this?" Cheerilee picked up 1, 2, 3, 4? candies. She looked at Pinkie's direction wondering if she would have a chance to return the candy, but by that time, Pinkie was long gone so the only thing for Cheerilee to do was to keep it and leave, allowing herself to grin at her good fortune.