Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

SunsetSombra

Pinkie Pie's Hilarious Haunted House of Horrors

You know that Pinkie Pie always has the best—and also scariest haunted house in Equestria on Nightmare Night. Pinkie loves to pull pranks, ALMOST as much as she likes throwing parties. What better way to combine the two than on Nightmare Night?

Against your better judgment, you step inside. Every year, Pinkie's haunted house gets worse, more scary than the year before. It's something Pinkie enjoys immensely, and she goes all out, preparing for weeks on end. Pinkie Pie has even roped some of her friends into dressing up as horrible creatures, ready to jump out and scare anypony who might chance by!

This haunted house is well decorated this year - the painted skulls, glowing ghosts and the suspended bats swinging on the ceiling all look as though they could start chattering and making noises at you at any moment...the howling wind through open windows almost seem to be calling out to warn you of the potential troublesome spooks in the dark...waiting to leap out and scare anypony silly enough to cross them.

But you're all already far too deep in to turn back now - there's a prize in here someplace, a reward for those brave souls who have ventured into this dark, creepy place with the intent to conquer it this year...but of course, there's still much more in the unknown than you've probably seen, and who knows what other creepy surprises lay in wait for the unwary and the easily scared?

Dare you go on in?

Starburst, after getting scared out of her wits in the Everfree forest, returns back to Pinkie pie's haunted house. She now had three pieces of candy, and was rid of her poison joke affliction after she fell into a puddle. So now not only was she dirty, but she was covered in filthy water. She shuddered and imagined the bathtub back at her tea shops upper floor, dedicated to return there after this was all over to get herself a nice warm bath in its scented waters.

She sneaks into the back door of the house, using a cloth she found in the kitchen to wipe away some of the water, muck, and dust that's collected on her pelt during the nightmare night celebration. After exiting the kitchen she decides to try scaring anypony for once. She sneaks up behind somepony, gently places her hooves on their flank, and gently exclaims, "B..boo!" with minor confidence.

Her bumblebee costume is hardly scary though, so at most the response she expects is based on the noise and the touch.. but it was such a soft voice, that she doubts anypony would be scared by her, bringing a sad expression to her dirty face.

Beat ran back into the Haunted House and said "I went in here to go through, finish this haunted house, and have fun. And by Celestia I'm gonna have fun!" as she ran through. "Time to finish this" as she smirked and ran through. She saw a very shy pony trying to scare people and failing miserably. So she said to the mare "Need help? This is how you do it!" as she hid. As another pony went by, Beat jumped out screaming "WASABIIIIIIIIII!" as the mare was sure she'd scared the pony badly.

Douglas decided to return to the Haunted house where it all began! His Nightmare Night extravaganza started in this ridiculously scary and overly detailed place crafted by what could be the most cheerful, peppiest pony he ever met! Oh how it made him shudder to think what went on under that happy exterior. Still, there was no going back now. The Faux Detective adjusted his overcoat one final time, taking out his gentlecolt's pipe to blow a few bubbles. The fedora on his head sat firmly to his head as he began to approach the entrance. Of course he would wind up back here, every criminal returns to the scene of the crime! Now it was simply finding him...Or so Douglas playfully mused in his head as he entered the Haunted House.

Douglas stepped into the Haunted house and looked about. He saw somepony shyly standing around, as if waiting on something. Her bumblebee costume stood out, it had been the one Pegasus he came across earlier. It seemed that her Poison Joke had worn off finally, but he wondered if she was feeling better than she was before. He slowly started to trot over and see how she was when suddenly someone shouted something very loudly from behind him. The jump in his heart caused him to grab his hat and barrel roll across the floor till he hit the wall.

Coming out his terror roll, he wasn't sure if he should expect a fight or not. He could feel the hairs of his coat stand on end and his eyes tried to relax. That was surely not a trick the last time he was there. Feeling himself calm down, he saw another pony standing there beside the shy Pegasus. Regaining his thoughts, Douglas burst into laughter. "A Decoy scare?! I haven't been caught like that in years!" He exclaimed, walking back to the two mares. "That was a great one, biggest jump I've had all night!" he spoke to the Unicorn mare who scared him before turning his gaze to the shy Pegasus. "So then, I guess that means you're feeling better?"

Douglas could feel his heart finally falling back into a regular rhythm as he sat on his haunches. He looked over the two mares as he blew another stream of bubbles from his pipe. "How has your Nightmare Night been?" he asked, trying to make a little idle conversation before moving on. "So ladies, shall we go through as a group?"

MAdFR.png

"Well then, my second time here and nothing's really changed. Of course, then again, what should? Maybe somepony is going to try to scare me? Oh I do hope so, I could use some excitement." Nightshade casually trodden into the house, not even bothering to acknowledge the various spooks and scares that loomed around nearly every corner. He simply wanted to find somepony inside to try to scare him, or try at least. As that would be the only unexpected thing in the house. "Anypony in here? I'm dying for some conversation." he sat down in front of what appeared to be a cutout of a manticore and simply waited for a response.

Shaken and mopey about her encounter with Nightmare Moon, Apple Bloom trudged dejectedly thorough the rest of the haunted house, not even stopping to admire Pinkie Pie's stunning handiwork on the props like she had originally planned to. The evening had started out promising. She ran into Pinkie, and Princess Celestia, three times even! But now the yellow filly was officially having a rough night.

Her costume was in shreds from the ragged ghostly edges being stepped on by panicked ponies. She had lost one of her pieces of candy, and REALLY needed four to share with her immediate family when she got home. Frustrated, tired, and more than a little cranky as she had not run into her closest friends even ONCE tonight, the filly began to reach her limits. She had really put a considerable amount of effort in her costume to disguise herself so she could scare her brother and sister, and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders, but even her teacher had recognized her. Even those two cootie-infested colts in her class had recognized her! Things just weren't going the way the imagined that they would. And on top of it all, amidst all this frustration, she was STILL a blank flank!

"It Ain't FAIR", she shouted, foalishly kicking her hooves at the nearest prop in a hissyfit. The realistic wooden cutout of a manticore, complete with glistening fangs and real ruby eyes, tumbled from the wall, threatening to crash into a pegasus standing nearby.