Well Berry Punch has a sister! I think Carrot Top was in there with a little sister too.

New event, Sisterhooves Social

Rarity's parents are a hoot; I wager Rarity moved out as soon as she was a mare and no longer a filly, on that very day.

ONE DAY!!

Holy Moly, Sweetie Belle's parents are SO not like Rarity. No wonder Sweetie Belle has such a problem emulating her big sis!

I kinda facehoofed when Sweetie went to clean up the creation room. Because ... I knew that the better a job she did, the worse it would turn out. Because creative types *need* their crazy mess. Exactly where they have it.

I guessed it was Rarity under all that mud. Except. Y'know. MUD. That's amazing, right there.

I couldn't help but think of the "Muddy in the Mornin" thread and the "Dirty Lyrics" threads when I was watching this. *^_^* I think there was even the phrase "What am I going to do with you?" uttered in there somewhere. Eeee! :)

My *ONLY* disappointment with this episode was that it could have been perfectly topped off if, instead of that little arguing at the end, the letter had ended with a fade-out to Celestia reading the letter to Luna. That would have been *just perfect!*

True. I guess I just got used to all the songs in the second half of season 1...

I think you misunderstood that scene. Rarity's parents were leaving on a week long vacation and were simply there to drop Sweetie Belle off. More than anything, I think the point of the scene was to establish that Sweetie Belle doesn't in fact live with her sister usually.

And this. It was that Rarity's parents were leaving, and that Sweetie was going to be staying with Rarity for a week.

My *ONLY* disappointment with this episode was that it could have been perfectly topped off if, instead of that little arguing at the end, the letter had ended with a fade-out to Celestia reading the letter to Luna. That would have been *just perfect!*

Oh yes! That would have been amazing. :D

It's a shame the writer probably just didn't think of it...

• Like 3

New canon relationships:

Berry Punch is big sister to "Piña Colada / Paradise / Apple Core"

Considering Berry Punch's fan depiction as a drunkard, I favor "Piña Colada" (an alcoholic beverage) as her sister's name.

Berry.jpg

150px-Pi%C3%B1a_Colada.png

Cloud kicker is big sister to Alula / Pluto

150px-Cloud_Kicker_id.png

150px-Alula.png

Sparkler is big sis to Dinky Doo

150px-Sparkler_id.png

150px-Dinky2.PNG

Carrot Top/Golden Harvest (Golden Harvest is her new name from a recent blind bag toy release) is big sister to "Noi / Bonnie / She of Many Cutie Marks / Odd job"

150px-Golden_Harvest_12.png

150px-Odd_job.png

And there you have it.

• Like 2

So, just finished the episode. Aaaand for once my mind isn't blown by sheer awesome. Don't get me wrong, the episode was good and I enjoyed it. Just wasn't anything new or anything particularly original. The story's a fairly commonplace trope for Saturday morning cartoons. Oh yeah, and the no song thing is ticking me off...

That said, I absolutely loved Rarity's parents and can't wait to see some fanart of them. It was also nice to see Applejack in the episode, though I didn't really get my predicted AJ and AB vs. Rarity and Sweetie Belle. That's cool, it was still nice to see all their interactions.

Well Berry Punch has a sister! I think Carrot Top was in there with a little sister too.

New event, Sisterhooves Social

Rarity's parents are a hoot; I wager Rarity moved out as soon as she was a mare and no longer a filly, on that very day.

ONE DAY!!

Sisterhooves Special as a new event?

Oh MY! I gotta work up a new character! Maybe Haywire could have a big sister.... Hmmmmmmmmmm

Meh. It was okay. There were some funny moments, true, and I sure wasn't expecting the twist at the end, but it still felt... meh. I was worried in the beginning that this would turn out to be yet another pony goes crazy episode, but thankfully Rarity kept it together.

The good:

Seeing Rarity's parents was nice, simply to have new ponies.

Dinky! Yay! I wonder if the fans will adopt Sparkler as Derpy's daughter too :P

A couple of funny jokes, though I can't seem to remember them off hand.

The bad:

Rarity. Just Rarity. I know it's a bit much to ask for another Suited for Sucess, but I can't help but feel she's dropped a few positions in my constantly changing "favourite pony standings" even with the resolution.

Also Sweetie's voice sounds different. Minor gripe.

Yeah, I was waiting for this and it didn't happen. It was so obvious a setup too. The writers have failed me.

New canon relationships:

Berry Punch is big sister to "Piña Colada / Paradise / Apple Core"

Considering Berry Punch's fan depiction as a drunkard, I favor "Piña Colada" (an alcoholic beverage) as her sister's name.

Berry.jpg

150px-Pi%C3%B1a_Colada.png

Cloud kicker is big sister to Alula / Pluto

150px-Cloud_Kicker_id.png

150px-Alula.png

Sparkler is big sis to Dinky Doo

150px-Sparkler_id.png

150px-Dinky2.PNG

Carrot Top/Golden Harvest (Golden Harvest is her new name from a recent blind bag toy release) is big sister to "Noi / Bonnie / She of Many Cutie Marks / Odd job"

150px-Golden_Harvest_12.png

150px-Odd_job.png

And there you have it.

This is interesting to see.

Berry Punch is in an interesting situation. The fandom already has her with a daughter right? Now she has a little sister who looks to be about the same age as her daughter. That's kind of different. I'm sure somepony in the fandom will write a fic about how it all works out.

Similarly, this really puts an interesting twist into Derpy's fanon family. I am seriously curious as to how the fans will spin Sparkler into things and make it work...

It's good to see Carrot Top with a little sister. Nice.

The other pair is cute too, even if they're not as big fan favorites.

favorite episode X3 mostly because I could really relate. I'm the older sister in my family, and I'm also the artistic type. when she was little, my little sister is the type who really doesn't know what she likes but tries her best to help her sister. I used to hate her because she always did stupid things with my art stuff. the whole episode just reminded me of us when we were little.

• Like 1

hi hi

So, mixed pony parents confirmed? I know dad didn't take off his hat, but he sure looked like an earth pony to me.

That picture... I admit it, I cried. Also, way to go Rarity for pulling yourself out of what could have turned into a wallowing in pity session. :)

Applejack giving Rarity lessons on generosity? Who would have thought?

I think this episode is going right up there with Look Before you Sleep on my list of very favorite episodes ever.

((P.S. As far as Dinky/Ditzy fanon goes, nopony said that having a sister in this contest necessarily means they have to be related. Could be an adopted big sis.))

also, why can't I find any episodes on youtube? usually the HD one would have been out an hour ago ._.

We have a high definition video at the beginning of this thread. :P

Also rarity's father's cutie mark is three footballs, so he is a jock and likely a former hoofball player. Any wager that Rarity's mom was a cheerleader and Rarity was their foal born to them while they were school in pony high school?

I really like the idea of Berry Punch having a unicorn daughter and a little sister around the same age, so much picture and fan fiction potential! :D

• Like 1

Applejack used Tail whip!

i definitely can relate to Rarity on this ep

thats how you make WINE btw.

Rarity with her mane straightened up looks incredibly cute!! :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: (at the end under the rain)

the little bit of arguing at the end is just perfect, brothers/sisters will ALWAYS be making a fuss over small unimportant fights like that just because, no exceptions.

again:

About the songs, by episode 5 of Season 1, all we had was "Giggle at the Ghostie" and "The Best Place For Me". And those are just short Pinkie Pie songs - "Winter Wrap Up" wasn't until Episode 11.

So I think it's a bit early for expecting them. We should get one by episode 10, though.

i should be able to multi-like this comment, wait for it people. :/

We have a high definition video at the beginning of this thread. :P

that was only posted at 11:30? that was out really late this week ._. normally I can watch HD by 9:30 or 10:00

I liked the episode but I wouldn't put it up there with my favorites. I'd say somewhere in the middle or low-middle. It was a good episode with a very good lesson at the end about dealing with siblings and just generally dealing with people, and it had its funny moments for me. But I don't know. I just didn't feel the "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME!" feeling.

I liked that they finally introduced some more parents into the mix and cleared up whether or not Sweetie Belle lived with Rarity. All the scenes on Sweet Apple Acres had me enthralled and I laughed so much when Granny Smith was giving her speech. But honestly though, I might be bias seeing that AJ has remained being my favorite pony since I pretty much came into the fandom. I would really like to see more episodes with her.

What I didn't like though was how Rarity suddenly forgot she's the element of generosity and wasn't willing to compromise with Sweetie Belle. Dunno, felt a bit too forcefully convenient for the episode. Also, Sweetie Belle's voice does sound different.

But still, I really liked the episode and I think the rest of the season is showing promise. It just wasn't one of my favorites.

I really loved this episode. I guess they wanted to focus on sisters. And since none of the others have sister's it kinda makes sense how Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Dash, and Fluttershy weren't in there. Either way I really liked this episode. I will get my filling of Rainbow Dash in that episode where Dash looks for a pet. Is that next week or the week after? I forgot. All in all good episode.

BTW I am quite sure that Sweetie Belle is a better cook then I am. LOL!