How did you find ponies?

Tam

I became a brony when I was an assistant at a summer camp. The teacher of the course, a good friend of mine, had another friend who loved the show. Neither me nor the teacher really understood what all the hype was about, me having heard about it a week or so before on the radio. Finally, my friend watched it, and came in the next day with the news...

The show was fantastic.

I was a little startled and apprehensive at first, but eventually, he got me to watch it. Needless to say, I loved it as well. But that is not the best part. My friend began drawing ponies on the whiteboard (we taught photoshop to the kids, it wasn't really an outdoorsy camp), and we told our classes about the show. like most, some were unsure, but we got about 3/4 of our students to at least try watching it. That is pretty much the story in a nutshell.

Yeah, it was awesome

That's a way better story then mine!

ah, I'm just going to post my story here anyways XD

some time in march, a video clip of derpy showed up in my recommend videos on youtube. at the time, I didn't explore the interwebs much outside my circle of friends I'd made in the fanime community on YT, so I'd never heard of FiM. I read the comments and found out that Derpy was from my little pony. I was confused as to why there'd be a derp-eyed pony in mlp, and why she got so much fan love, so I watched all the episodes in two days. (I think there were only 16 at the time)

• Like 1

ah, I'm just going to post my story here anyways XD

some time in march, a video clip of derpy showed up in my recommend videos on youtube. at the time, I didn't explore the interwebs much outside my circle of friends I'd made in the fanime community on YT, so I'd never heard of FiM. I read the comments and found out that Derpy was from my little pony. I was confused as to why there'd be a derp-eyed pony in mlp, and why she got so much fan love, so I watched all the episodes in two days. (I think there were only 16 at the time)

Haha! I love derpy!

Well it all started on my minecraft server. At first I actually disliked it for quite some time - 3 months to be exact. Through over time when i migrated to Lol, many of my lol friends watched MLP. So a day before New Year i watched the first few episodes just to find out why all of 'em like it. Thats when it started .

At my school it is! No one is open to anything different! over half of them are homophobes!

Sounds like my old school.

When I saw it...I wan't sure how to react!

My mom was talking to me at the time when I was watching the show (I think it was something about my sister's car breaking down). Right when I heard words leave Derpy's mouth, I completely flipped out. My mom was so confused. :lol:

But on topic, I was introduced to the show in February of 2011. Someone I knew was talking about it in the chatroom of a site I went to, and decided to check the show out on youtube, having no knowledge of the growing popularity at the time. I enjoyed the first two episodes, and added the episodes to my favorites, seeing myself watching more of the show in the not-so distant future. I scrolled down to see the ratings. Having no faith in the youtube community, expected most of the feedback to be negative, filled with bias that It's a show for little girls. When I saw that there were far more likes than dislikes, I was like "Now what's going on here? o.o"

• 9 months later...

I got into ponies when my friends showed me Fluttershy "I have had a weakness for pure and innocence creature they remind me about happiness and joy in life" that was the turning point. thing led to thing. one of my main tipping points was when I was asked to write a fan fic about the solar empire. The solar empire reminds me of russia which is not a bad thing its just not a good thing because they become corrupt. That was when I became a Brony Hail the solar empire

My first contact with FiM was about eight months ago. I was a small janitor in a small forum that time. Some people started to spam FiM related image macro and meme in my subsection, of course me being considerably pissed I started to go around removing them from the posts. Cue flamewar.

Long story short... I got permahammered, and I ended up as a brony myself. l0wtt.png

Removing spam got you banned? what were the intermediate steps to that?

1. Bronies be crazy, spamming stuff and whatnot
  2. Me enforcing rules
  3. Turns out one of the admins is a brony
  4. Me removing spam could not be justified because the image macro "was not disturbing the public order"

I am sure you can guess what happened next :sleep:

Hey, maybe it wasn't that big of a loss after all.