How did you find ponies?

Tam

A friend found it, and introduced it to the rest of us, I watched the first episode a while back, then didn't touch it for a while, I lurked on the Allspark's threads until I finally decided to go ahead and watch it.

I was not disappointed in the least! After finishing the show I basically fell overboard and joined the pony fandom as a whole.

MASTERLINX uploaded a few episodes on Youtube.

I thought he was being silly, and I wanted to be silly too, so I watched it.

Immediately hooked.

Fall Weather Friends was my first episode, which is weird, because I don't like that one that much now.

Immediately hooked.

Fall Weather Friends was my first episode, which is weird, because I don't like that one that much now.

Hay! lol i use Masterlinx too, he/she is super reliable, i totally recommend masterlinx.

Immediately hooked.

Hay! lol i use Masterlinx too, he/she is super reliable, i totally recommend masterlinx.

Wait, you use them for mods or ponies?

I was linked to the first episode by a friend. I watched a few minutes and got distracted.

A few days later I remembered that I never finished it and gave it another go. I ended up watching every available episode over the next two days.

Now I watch every episode the day of release or the next day, have Pinkie Pie as the background of my phone, have her as my twitter icon, annoy friends with MLP references, and even found a DL of most of the songs (which I have on a CD now in my car... I promise if an official CD is released I WILL buy one ^^; )

I'm 15. Yes, i'm young. I'm a student.

Thedailywh.at.

On one of the This x That posts, they posted this picture:

610cfe78-6424-442a-b0fd-f3780e29a9dc.jpg

I thought, "Oh hey, that looks cool! Kind of wish i knew where this from..." And only a week later, If i'm correct i was on Know Your meme, and it said in the trending bar, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". I thought to myself, "My little pony? seriously, 4chan? I clicked on it.

"Oh hey! THAT'S where that picture was from! I think i might watch the first episode, see if it's cool."

Halfway through on facebook: "{youtube link} Holy crap, this is so ga-HOLY CRAP THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER."

And it all went downhill (uphill?) from there.

AND I LOVE IT.

I kept on seeing fanart of it all over the place, and actually disliked it at first, but after a while and reading from people how AWESOME it was, I decided to give it a go.

Now I love it.

That seems to happen with alot of cartoons I like. I used to hate El Tigre, Danny Phantom.... and those are 2 of my favourite cartoons.

Originally, My Little Pony made me puke in my mouth a little. Every Christmas, the ads for the toys would appear on TV, and I tried my best to look away.

A few years ago, I was randomly going about my random internet exploration when I happened to come across MLP. I did a bit of research here and there, simply because I was bored. I then noticed episodes of MLP Tales on YouTube, so I thought: what the hay - it can't be that bad.

I actually enjoyed it. I watched all 26 of them by the time I was done, haha. And then I noticed the G3 feature-length ones, which were my absolute favourites. I watched these tons of times, and then my pony passion entered a long lull.

Until FiM, of course. At first, I wasn't convinced. I wasn't a fan of the 'Flash generation' of cartoons. But when I happened to watch it... everything changed! ^^

"...and that's the story of my entire life. Well... apart from today. Would you like to hear about today?" XD

This is pretty simple. I don't have cable, but my sister does. She called me and told me that there was a new TV Channel called "The Hub", and she was specifically excited, because her favorite anime, Deltora Quest, was on it.

She said there was a new My Little Pony show and it looked pretty cute. Well, I didn't think too much of it at first. We both loved My Little Ponies growing up, but horses and ponies, they were all really her thing. The one day she IMed me and was like "Pinkie Pie! She's JUST. LIKE. YOU."

Well, she sent me the first half of the first episode on youtube, and I rightly agreed with her, pink, bubbly, non-stop talker, a great representation of myself as a pony. Still, I wasn't hooked yet.

But it wasn't even a week later, when I was at a friends, when she said she had on demand, and the first episode of "Ponies!" was amazing. So we watched it, I still wasn't hooked, but I really loved the animation.

Second episode got on demand, Pinkie started singing, it was done. I was hooked forever.

Quick scale on ages ; me: 20, sis: 23, friend w/ on demand: 22

But i never grew out of kids shows, so it's really not too surprising.

Really when friends kept telling me about the show as they always knew I had a soft spot for "cute stuff" if its done well. I was pretty dismissive at the idea of even watching at first because after all it was "My Little Pony" and all my memories of the franchise was from that bland Eighties cartoon and the related toys my sisters collected back then.

My friends were pretty persistent and sent me a link to Youtube to watch and again I almost brushed the whole show off because "oh another one of those damn lazy flash cartoons" mentality I had. Still I gave it a chance and listened and watched one night on my computer the pilot two parter, then the next episode, and so forth... and the rest is history.

The show manage to conquer every one of my preconceived biases that originally kept me away and that is pretty damn impressive. Being a dude in my thirties, that is even more shocking. :shock:

I was going to a site one day, and generally I had to sit through an ad before fully being able to enter the site. For some reason, that day I decided to watch, instead of flipping to a new tab and doing something else until it was over. It was an ad for www.hubworld.com. I noticed as it flipped through different shows that one was a new My Little Pony show. I was a fan back in the day, and I was curious. I'd also seen some of the G3 videos...Let's not talk about those. So I checked it out, and it was actually a good show.

I'm 20 now, but when I was 13, I suddenly caught the Pony Bug. I joined a G1 collectors forum callled Twinkler and Tigerhawks Little Purple Board of Destruction, aka: TNT. I made many close friends there and collected a massive amount of ponies. After a few years, my dedication to Ponydom faded somewhat when TNT largely disentegrated and I sold off most of my ponies. I still kept in contact with a number of old TNTers.

In about December, a former TNTer and a good friend of mine messaged me. "LSDKJLFASDKH ML ML ML, THEY'RE MAKING A NEW MY LITTLE PONY SHOW!"

It's been rainbows and plastic equines since then.

One of my best friends, Matt, is a war hardened veteran and professional bad ass. One day, he noticed a facebook status I made about My Little Pony. Next thing I know, he's at my door step at 2 AM. He just looks me in the eye and says....

"We need to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic right ****ing now."

We spent the rest of the night marathoning all that had been released up to that point. Every Friday night, he comes over and we watch the new episode.

My mother and sister have a soft spot for the show and enjoy watching it if I have it on TV.

I'm male, 32, and Canadian.

I found ponies thanks to /b/ and furaffinity.net.

This drove me to check out the first episode, and then I was hooked. Hooked so much that my fursonna became a MLP.

I had been into them slightly before, having played 'Pony Wars' with my sisters when visiting them in Australia. (we used the same rules we had for LegoWars, a simple paper/rock/scissors system)

But I have to admit, I like the FIM better. ;)

I'm male, 32, and Canadian.

I found ponies thanks to /b/ and furaffinity.net.

This drove me to check out the first episode, and then I was hooked. Hooked so much that my fursonna became a MLP.

I had been into them slightly before, having played 'Pony Wars' with my sisters when visiting them in Australia. (we used the same rules we had for LegoWars, a simple paper/rock/scissors system)

But I have to admit, I like the FIM better. ;)

Oh yeah, I recognize your avatar, seen him around FA.

Oh gosh, I feel really old reading all these replies ^^;

I got into MLP when I was 2. It's been an obsession of mine since then. Through the first gen show and then My Little Pony Tales in the 90s. At first I was really wary of MLP being re-released, but FiM is definitely adorable and didn't let me down like the first retry of ponies did a couple years ago (though even those were cute in toy form, just a little too sickly sweet in animation form :3 )

When I was about 8 years old, going through my "horsie phase", I really wanted that one G3 pony with the boombox, otherwise I was decidedly uninterested and I preferred the realistic horse toys.

Nine years later the Cave of Dragonflies forums goes crazy for Friendship is Magic, and I, being someone who isn't afraid to check out new things no matter how pink, also fell in love with it.

Not really much to my story. :[

Oh gosh, I feel really old reading all these replies ^^;

I got into MLP when I was 2. It's been an obsession of mine since then. Through the first gen show and then My Little Pony Tales in the 90s. At first I was really wary of MLP being re-released, but FiM is definitely adorable and didn't let me down like the first retry of ponies did a couple years ago (though even those were cute in toy form, just a little too sickly sweet in animation form :3 )

Don't feel old! Heh, I haven't seen a single person here yet that has met my age (even if I am still in my thirties). :)

Im 21, and live in Florida

I actually knew and half watched the old MLP when I was younger, but I didn't really like it a whole lot, mostly I just watched it because my sister was watching it. Though a few monthes ago some people I was watching in deviantart had posted some MLP:FiM fanart, I looked at them and thought, 'what a great style (the g4 style) for MLP, if only the show was like that!' The a little while later I saw the threads surfacing on /co/ and I realized, 'omg that mlp is real' I went to youtube and found masterlinx's episodes and was hooked after I first saw the new art, and then the characters, and the pure awesome that followed is, as they say, history.

saw the trending status of the show on knowyourmeme.com, read through the monster post and passed through the pics, didnt really find it interesting until i found this pic (actually a wall of text but is a .jpg)

Well I admit, this is a my innocent, silly, escape show and fandom. Normally I would only pay attention to programs or games that were thoroughly adult in story or content; and/or contained ridiculous amount of "typical" dude-fare action with guns, explosions, violence, and/or tons of cool looking vehicles. I never cared for anything like Pokemon or Sonic or Disney. Perhaps the fella in your link is right, perhaps this show allows the expression of that small "little girly part" of myself that I previously never really allowed myself to express; after all I have a little Applejack and a little Derpy on my desk, I would never thought in a million years before this I would own some MLP. These are as good excuses as any for me for being such a fan of something I otherwise wouldn't have been if I didn't sit down that first day and watched the show.

Some friends and co-workers give me constant crap about being into FiM, refusing to watch and thinking "what the hell happened to him to like this", but I have learned to be alright with it, everyone deserves one little innocent escape, and this one is mine.

I'm Kristen~ Age 16. x3

I found out about the whole show because of Razzek of DeviantArt posting some *cough*sexy*cough* pictures of a few MLP FiM characters. <3

I ended up getting curious about the show; did some research, and headed off to Youtube to watch some of it. :lol:

I'm Kristen~ Age 16. x3

I found out about the whole show because of Razzek of DeviantArt posting some *cough*sexy*cough* pictures of a few MLP FiM characters. <3

I ended up getting curious about the show; did some research, and headed off to Youtube to watch some of it. :lol:

Ha! I am going to have to mention this to Razz (I know her and her husband), she will get a big smile out of it. :)