How did you find ponies?

Tam

My story is a little on the mature side, so I'll try and clean it up a bit for the all-ages appropriate atmosphere, here.

My girlfriend at the time (we're not dating anymore) was a big fan of MLP, and tried to get me into it. I gave her the typical response you can probably expect from a guy who doesn't want to deal with any of that frilly froo-froo nonsense. Eventually, when I went to visit her, she roped me into watching it with her in bed. So, there we were, a laptop in between us watching the first two episodes of season 1. I riffed on it mercilessly. Then when episode two was done, I sighed and said 'alright, let's watch episode 3'.

Time goes on, and I'm just willingly asking to watch the next episode again and again. I mean, I can't really go anywhere, she's got my clothes, so I might as well. Found out that while Rainbow Dash and Pinkie got on my nerves (I like them a lot more now), Fluttershy pretty much instantly captured my heart. My totally-masculine-guys-I-swear-I-don't-like-ponies heart. When we finally reached Dragonshy, I just stopped fighting it. Bronification go.

Yeh, the girl who got me into the show can go... uh... be loved and tolerated. *grumbles* But by somebody else.

I do watch the show with my nieces though, ages 4 and 2, and getting to see the reactions from little kids is strangely refreshing in a way. Little Dehana, the two year old, just laughed at Pinkie when she goes nuts in 'Feeling Pinkie Keen', and they both had a riot at Flutterrage. Oh, innocence, and not corrupting things. :blah:

About a year ago my parents and I went on a holiday to the flinders ranges for a few days. It's a verrrry long drive to get there, so I loaded up my iPod with podcasts. One of these podcasts was the sceptics guide to the universe, with Rebecca Watson. Rebeca mentioned the show during a segment and spoke highly of it, and scorned the other hosts for not knowing about the show. I thought that it was just a silly show for little fillies, so I ignored it.

Skip forward a week or so and I was trawling the interwebz. For some reason Rebecca's comment came to mind, so I checked it outthe first clip that I saw was from "a dog and pony show", where rarity illustrates the difference between complaining and whining. The rest is history. Happy history, but history.

About a year ago my parents and I went on a holiday to the flinders ranges for a few days. It's a verrrry long drive to get there, so I loaded up my iPod with podcasts. One of these podcasts was the sceptics guide to the universe, with Rebecca Watson. Rebeca mentioned the show during a segment and spoke highly of it, and scorned the other hosts for not knowing about the show. I thought that it was just a silly show for little fillies, so I ignored it.

Skip forward a week or so and I was trawling the interwebz. For some reason Rebecca's comment came to mind, so I checked it outthe first clip that I saw was from "a dog and pony show", where rarity illustrates the difference between complaining and whining. The rest is history. Happy history, but history.

I've never heard of such a thing, a guide to the universe that mentions MLP ....?

Literally everywhere I went I'd see something with a pony on it!! I'd always wondered what they're from (Had no idea it was mlp). Then a couple weeks ago I made a new friend who absolutely loves mlp. He showed me the first ep, then the next, Before I knew it couldn't stop watching it. I'm so glad my friend got me into it! :halo:

I had always seen the memes and liked them a lot. I didn't know if they were from a show or just a children's toy line. When I finally found out that it was from a show that I can actually record on my DVR I started recording the episodes and was knocked over by the amazing quality of the writing.

I haven't enjoyed a show this much since I was a kid watching Star Trek.

I haven't enjoyed a show this much since I was a kid watching Star Trek.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the show likened to StarTrek... though I suppose I can see some parallels... *loved TOS and DS9, but not the others*

Wait, the ponies were hiding? They weren't doing a very good job. D:

LOL +1

I think my first encounter with the ponies was from a webcomic I read, El Goonish Shive. The author uploaded a joke about the characters and their reactions to MLP (well, two at least) and said it was a pretty good show. I didn't pay it much mind, but a few weeks later something happened I can't quite remember and I suddenly found myself watching ponies. After the first episode, I was hooked, then immediately spread it to my friends in a manner similar to this: "Dude, My Little Pony is actually a decent show! In the first episode, they start the end of the world!" I know it's really just eternal night but it sounded cooler put like that, shut up.

• 4 weeks later...

Post your stories on how you became bronies!

I became a brony after I saw that men were fascinated by a little girls show. So since it's not like me to make fun of something without giving it a fair shot, I watched my first episode!!("Luna Eclipsed"). And I've been a brony ever since!

My story is not interesting at all. haha.

The show used to come on about half an hour before I left for school, so one day I had extra time and I sat down to watch it. My first episode was "Fall Weather Friends". I thought it was really cute, and then I saw the Discord episodes about a week later and I knew I had to watch the entire series. That's how I got hooked. xD

Nope. I've only mentioned that I watch it in passing though because the topic just never really comes up. My closest friends know I watch it, but they're not into it. (At least, not that I know of. haha)

No one in my school knows I watch it...It's quite sad...And I can't tell anyone either!

I became a brony when I was an assistant at a summer camp. The teacher of the course, a good friend of mine, had another friend who loved the show. Neither me nor the teacher really understood what all the hype was about, me having heard about it a week or so before on the radio. Finally, my friend watched it, and came in the next day with the news...

The show was fantastic.

I was a little startled and apprehensive at first, but eventually, he got me to watch it. Needless to say, I loved it as well. But that is not the best part. My friend began drawing ponies on the whiteboard (we taught photoshop to the kids, it wasn't really an outdoorsy camp), and we told our classes about the show. like most, some were unsure, but we got about 3/4 of our students to at least try watching it. That is pretty much the story in a nutshell.

Yeah, it was awesome