Wisp's Scribbles ((New Art: EQ Girls))

WillowWisp

This is based on me trying to help my boyfriend do yard work.

I was suppose to rake up this moss, but it was rooted so deep it wouldn't come up at all. So he pushed down on it and only then would it work... needless to say, he was still doing the work, I was just holding the rake.

and I was like... "the moss is hard D: I can't even pull it up."

So he was like... "you can get me tools... like the wheel borrow..."

and I was like "that I can do!"

• Like 1

I was suppose to rake up this moss, but it was rooted so deep it wouldn't come up at all. So he pushed down on it and only then would it work... needless to say, he was still doing the work, I was just holding the rake.

Willow with the rake is just too darned cute. XD

Just use your unicorn powers and show him off! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Here's some art for a DA group....

Gijinka Wisp... One in a full body shot, and then one chibi to show her glowiness.

those were the weirdest feet I've ever drawn.

wa2g7t.png

352ex03.png

I like how proper she looks in the top! Weird feet are weird feet, but you can't really do much with hooves when you're trying to morph them. ;)

Just a doodle while I was waiting for a DR. Apt.

Don't know what Mac and Braeburn are fussing about... I was just scribbling and that's what came out.

With those two and how we ben playing them, could be just about anything, from fillies to carrying bales of hay to an eating contest. :lol:

Now I think somehow some bet or contest has to be worked into the RP to accommodate this image. :)

Don't know what Mac and Braeburn are fussing about... I was just scribbling and that's what came out.

With those two and how we ben playing them, could be just about anything, from fillies to carrying bales of hay to an eating contest. :D

Now I think somehow some bet or contest has to be worked into the RP to accommodate this image. :P

Lol fighting over Fillies... I could see that. May the best cousin get the date huh? XD

With those two and how we ben playing them, could be just about anything, from fillies to carrying bales of hay to an eating contest. :D

Now I think somehow some bet or contest has to be worked into the RP to accommodate this image. :P

Lol fighting over Fillies... I could see that. May the best cousin get the date huh? XD

Well, there's at least two eligible fillies, two eligible stallions which leaves...

One ineligible mare, and one very confused buck...

Well, there's at least two eligible fillies, two eligible stallions which leaves...

You'll are making this idea all too tempting! :D AS for Skye, well from what I here he never has too much trouble in that department. :P As for AJ, c'mon..its AJ, what colt wouldn't want to date her, I am sure she will be fine. :D

You'll are making this idea all too tempting! :D AS for Skye, well from what I here he never has too much trouble in that department. ;) As for AJ, c'mon..its AJ, what colt wouldn't want to date her, I am sure she will be fine. :lol:

XD A filly fight... or uh... a fight for fillies... filly fight sounds like two girls duking it out.

I just love these doodles you have ;) The colour ones especially. The hair looks particularly effective, though could do with lifting and highlighting just a little more to really make it pop out of the picture (still way better then what I can do XD )

You seem to have gotten a good grasp of something I'm still working on; the morphing of the features around an expression, rather than just the head shape with a 'generi-spression' tacked on. Out of interest how long does and average doodle series take you? I keep finding that a what should be a ten minuet sketch turns into an hour long slog, usually after picking at it and finding that removal of the one feature I didn't like results in the whole image unravelling >.<

I just love these doodles you have :P The colour ones especially. The hair looks particularly effective, though could do with lifting and highlighting just a little more to really make it pop out of the picture (still way better then what I can do XD )

You seem to have gotten a good grasp of something I'm still working on; the morphing of the features around an expression, rather than just the head shape with a 'generi-spression' tacked on. Out of interest how long does and average doodle series take you? I keep finding that a what should be a ten minuet sketch turns into an hour long slog, usually after picking at it and finding that removal of the one feature I didn't like results in the whole image unravelling >.<

Yeah the highlights in that one got a little lost due to me shrinking it to fit a certain size. ^^; Typically the shine and shadows are a lot more defined... more or less because I like to see a good contrast in hair. Makes it seem less flat.

As for getting expressions right, it can be a challenge. I find the best way to practice is to just draw faces, but not lining them with a head outline. Just focus on the bits and pieces of the expression and how they change. I have pages full in my "scribble" book of just eyes, mouths, noses ect.

These doodles, well the pencil ones, take me no more than 5 minutes. I just quickly draw them, no erasing. I consider it practice. If those look bad, who cares, they're in my "scribble" book anyway. As for compeleted images like the color ones, that depends. The sketch itself, maybe 15 minutes, but then once I scan it, depending on the simplisity it can take me up to two hours just lining it, since I use a mouse. Then probably at least another hour worth of coloring. And if I do a background, then another hour there most likely.

There is no wrong length of time though... however if you really just want to do quick sketches, set a timer... and when it beeps, then stop, no matter what it looks like. It's all part of practicing. And sometimes, well, things aren't gonna be pretty. heh.

Braeburn offers Wisp some bits... she almost takes them from him with her mouth as well... then stops when she realizes what would happen.

That was very adorable and I love how you draw them in these little sketches. I am sure it will dawn on him later what almost happened. Good thing Big mac wasn't around to tease him. :)

Because someone asked what Dandy Dill, Wisp friend who sent her a letter in this story I posted, looked like...

I just used my stock base I made for designing characters. So it's not that special. And that is suppose to be a Daffodil Cutie Mark... even though it looks nothing like one.

Because someone asked what Dandy Dill, Wisp friend who sent her a letter in this story I posted, looked like...

I just used my stock base I made for designing characters. So it's not that special. And that is suppose to be a Daffodil Cutie Mark... even though it looks nothing like one.

I like that story and feel rather bad for her because she doesn't believe she would meet anyone because of her odd hours and specialty. I am sure somepony can easily work through that. :D

Like her friend there, I could see him as popular with the fillies.

I like that story and feel rather bad for her because she doesn't believe she would meet anyone because of her odd hours and specialty. I am sure somepony can easily work through that. ^_^

Like her friend there, I could see him as popular with the fillies.

lol somepony who doesn't mind a living nightlight. Then again if she goes out while they sleep, perhaps it wouldn't be a problem. XD

Yeah I'm not too sure with him... he might be... might not be... though the person who asked to see him was pretty sure he was gay thanks to the way he writes. XD

Okay so I can't draw clothing on ponies. D:

I was trying to design a Gala look for Wisp. But I just can't get it looking right. Then again me and pony bodies still aren't on the best terms.

I was thinking the top layer and collar deep midnight blue, the middle a bit more of a royal and then the final be bit light then that... like a gradation of the night, was gonna add like some lace that looks like spider web between the layers, to match with the hair piece and front clasp. These webs would be silver and the bat black. Most likely make the shoes silver to match, or maybe the midnight blue.

D: I just wish I could make it look nicer.

EDIT: MUDDY MADE IT AWESOME! YAY

• 3 weeks later...

Very unhappy with this. I've been in an art slump and was trying to sketch rp inspired scenes... but ponies weren't working out, so I switched to people mode instead. But I gave up half way through adding details. It's mainly Braeburn that I'm struggling with... so I'm not sure if I will take the time to ink this one. Maybe if I move his arm some, and cover his legs with blowing sand it can be somewhat salvageable. But right now, it's making me grumpy.

D<

It's big click here

Very unhappy with this. I've been in an art slump and was trying to sketch rp inspired scenes... but ponies weren't working out, so I switched to people mode instead. But I gave up half way through adding details. It's mainly Braeburn that I'm struggling with... so I'm not sure if I will take the time to ink this one. Maybe if I move his arm some, and cover his legs with blowing sand it can be somewhat salvageable. But right now, it's making me grumpy.

D<

It's big click here

He looks so determined! Like there is no way he is going to let her get hurt again!

When I have problems drawing poses I walk away for a while and then come back, usually then I have a fresh perspective and immediately recognize what I did wrong and how it can be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

hi hi

If you don't mind me making a few suggestions, I'd say this: if his arms are bothering you, I would recommend adding some foreshortened elbows on there below where his hands are drawn to make it look a bit more like he's holding her up. Also, since his left (our right) hand is higher up than the other, I would suggest perhaps making his left (our right) shoulder higher up than the other as well. It might make his pose look more dynamic.

If you're not looking for suggestions, feel free to ignore me... :?

• 3 years later...