[Appleoosa] The Good Ol Hoedown [open]

Boss_Hoss1

Dunder smiled. Satisfied that one of his few kisses was a good one, and sucessfully got the mare happy. He accepted the wing mesh and hugged her softly while hearing her out. "The Cloudsdale Hop? I love that one! Sure... not many pegasi around to join anyway."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: Sorry for the delays. some medical issues on my end.)

Madam Caramel Bistro smiled and blushed brightly as her date kissed her on the cheek.

[colour=#800000]"Why thank you Braeburn, I most certainly did! I must thank you for being such excellent company on my first Hoedown."[/colour]

She gave him a peck in the cheek in return and stepped back through the door behind her. [colour=#800000]"And have a good night, Braeburn."[/colour] as she went inside to freshen up before bed.

Meanwhile, back in the dance,

Candy tugged on Dunder's hooves as she drew him up to dance with her in a fast, darting hover over the crowd of ponies, making dancing movements with her legs.

She was bouncing her flank side to side in a quick shimmy as she moved her legs side to side like she was on solid ground. She was determined to make the most of the last dance of the night.

Had Dapper Dan asked Haymaker earlier about her cutie mark, she'd been offended but now, as the two walked together, the red maned Earth mare felt comfortable enough with him to share her story.

[colour=#0000FF]"I got mah cutie mark when I was young. My brother and I were often picked on in school cause of the way we talked and how we were from a hay farm. My dumb brother would laugh it all off, but I jist couldn't stand it, so I'd fight back, literally. I'm proud of mah farming heritage and don't take kindly to those who look down their snouts at us! Spent a lot of time in the Principal's office, but I didn't care cause I was standin' up fer myself. Well, one day, I watched a group of smaller foals gittin' bullied by four older colts and I came to their defense. All four tried to jump me at once, but I was ready. Beat'm up so bad, they galloped home cryin' to their mommies! It was then that I got my cutie mark. Hayseed and Haywire thought it was cool, but mah parents couldn't believe it! I'd like to think that this here cutie mark stands fer the way I'll fight fer what's right and not back down. But havin' a boxin' glove cutie mark ain't exactly lady-like. That dumb brother o' mine really embarrassed me tonight tryin' to show it off to everypony. But that's my brother, I love him but thar's times he goes too fer in teasin' me. Maybe Haywire gits her orney-ness from me. I don't know."[/colour]

Haymaker smiled as she looked into the stallion's eyes.

[colour=#0000FF]"Fair is fair, Dapper Dan. How'd you git yur cutie mark?"[/colour]

By this time, Haymaker and Dapper Dan were so far down the street Hayseed and Haywire could no longer see them.

[colour=#B22222]"Never knew how many streets were in this here town!" [/colour]Haywire complained as she tossed more trash into Hayseed's wagon.

[colour=#000080]"If'n we hurry, maybe I could catch some of them purty fillies and git to swoon'm!" [/colour]Hayseed neighed.

[colour=#B22222]"Yur jist as bad as Haymaker, ya rural Romeo!" [/colour]the blank flank filly laughed.

[colour=#696969]"Little filly," [/colour]Doc Holly Day said as he continued supervising them, [colour=#696969]"someday yur gonna find out that romance and love ain't a bad thing."[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"You ain't seen mah brother tryin' to court girls, Doc. Tell'm what happened with yur last girlfriend!"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]"Hay! It weren't MAH fault that canoe I took'r out in the lake with flipped over! Good thing she could swim!"[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"How hard did she hit ya after ya both got to shore?"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]"She hits bout as hard as Haymaker and... HAY! Shut up bout that!"[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Less talkin', more pickin' up trash you two," [/colour]the red mustached unicorn said sternly, trying not to laugh at Haywire's story. Meanwhile, at the apple orchard, the Sheriff and Louise LaMare walked under the starry sky.

[colour=#8B4513]"Sure is a purty night, ain't it?" [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar asked.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes it is, Sheriff," [/colour]the Pegasus mare replied. [colour=#FF0000]"Watching the Hay Family got me to thinking. Have you ever thought about raising a family here in Appleoosa?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"Well, gotta admit, I do from time to time and..." [/colour]the mustached lawpony stopped when he realized what she was talking about, but before he could say another word, Louise planted a big kiss on his lips.

Dapper Dan listened politely to her cutie mark story, nodding. It was quite the story, and rather noble, to stand up for oneself and for others like that. He smiled a bit and laughed when she asked about his own story.

"Mine?" He asked, shrugging a bit. "It's not as interesting. I grew up around my father's barbershop in Fillydelphia. I used to love hanging out, chatting with the regulars whenever they came by. After teaching me the basics, my Dad let me try it one day, and I did quite well. Got my cutie mark that day, and a regular customer of my own." He broke off a bit when he heard a voice and hoofsteps coming up. It was one of the larger ponies from earlier...Shadow Boxer if he remembered right.

"Oh, hey. Yeah, I'm loving the hoedown so far. What about you?" he asked. "It's...Shadow Boxer, right?" he asked, just wanting to make sure he got his name right. He smiled a bit and idly pushed his glasses back up his nose. He needed to get them refitted, they kept slipping on him.

Braeburn was grinning a big, huge, goofy grin as he drew back from the kiss. As smooth and suave as he liked to paint himself, he could still be rather shy when it came to strong displays of physical affection, and this moment certainly qualified. That slight blush only grew when the caramel colored mare kissed him on the cheek in return, which he didn't expect. [colour=#daa520]"Oh, it was mah pleasure, Miss Bistro, Ah shore had a great time with y’all tonight!"[/colour]

Braeburn stood there still smiling as she went inside. He wasn't that experienced with dating, but this one went very well. It had been a perfect Appleoosian date, what is more romantic and fun than a good old-fashioned Hoedown? It wasn’t till the door had been closed for half a minute that he finally turned and started to wander off down the street, whistling happily to himself. [colour=#daa520]"Ah wonder if’n ah should tell Apple Pie about the date? Nahh, she'd probably be just bored with the story; Ah hope she’s in bed by now!"[/colour]. His little cousin did have a tendency to stay up waiting for him when he went out at night.

Braeburn stopped for a moment on the way past to give a ruffle little Haywire’s mane. [colour=#daa520]"Y’all were a barrel of laughs tonight, kid."[/colour] Braeburn gave a little wink and trotted on. He didn't know if there would be anymore dates with Caramel, or where her romantic desires lay; but at the moment it didn't matter. They’d had a great time.. Appleloosian style!

((Braeburn exits))

• 4 weeks later...

[colour=#000080]Shadow Boxer blinked and looked at Dapper Dan, as if he hadn't expected the ponies he addressed to actually talk to him. He glanced over at Haymaker, then back at Dapper Dan. "Uh, hoedown's alright," he mumbled, scraping a large hoof in the dirt. "I ent such a good dancer but I guess I could learn..." He trailed off into awkwardness and looked back at Dapper Dan. Then his ears perked up at the nearly inaudible sound of wings, a sound he could only hear because he had years of practice.[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"Now int that a coincident," Straight Arrow told Haymaker. The pegasus hovered in the air above the other three ponies, leaning down to peer at them with lidded eyes. "Me bruvver 'ere got t' same story 'bout 'is mark. Show 'em, Boxer."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Boxer's blue cheeks turned pink, and he turned his flank in Haymaker's direction. On his large, rock-hard flank there rested a mark of a worn metal tower shield. It looked old and beaten, but still reliable in a pinch.[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"Way back when we were wee lads, Boxer 'elped save me an' summore foals from a gang a' older kids. 'e got the wits beat'n outta 'im an' more. Imagine me surprise when I firs' saw tha after th' bandages came off!"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]"Uh, kin I stop now, Arrow?" Boxer asked. He'd lowered his head and folded his ears back, occasionally glancing in Haymaker's direction.[/colour]

[colour=#800000]Arrow snickered and nodded. "Yeh, go 'head and stop." As Boxer resumed his normal position, Arrow shrugged and looked at the two other ponies. "Poor lad's a mite shy in sitchations like these."[/colour]