I liked it except for the actual race segment at the end. But it's not a bad episode though.

I was getting a "127 Hours" vibe from Rainbow's wing being stuck under the rock.

Still, I wonder if this was inspired by that one fanart of Dash with a tortoise pet, or if it was just a coincidence.

I highly doubt it. Most of these were well into the conception stage before that anyway.

hi hi

Awesome :D

I wasn't sure at first, but the moment Rainbow Dash said she might want a pet and Fluttershy perked up, I was sold for the rest of the episode. Then there was an awesome song, which honestly was a bit hard to top for the rest of the episode, though the race through the gorge sure gave it a run for its money. I was surprised by the direction they took the moral of the story, they start you off thinking its going to be a Rainbow Dash episode, but its not, its about a turtle who never gives up.

• Applejack: "Does she understand what a pet really means?" Touché. Maybe we'll get an episode about that later.

• Twilight Sparkle not qualifying to be Rainbow Dash's pet. (I can hear the ship-fic writers wailing in agony now.)

• Curling Eagle: So curling is a sport in Equestria after all. :)

• Tapdancing duck: A shout out to daffy duck's famous routine perhaps?

• Rainbow Dash: "This isn't a game you know.... Now, these games..."

• Dun dun dunnnn! *that was awesome!*

I thought it was great, and I can't hear all y'all neigh sayers through my impenetrable turtle shell neigh sayer shield. :P (its +5 you know.)

hi hi

I always thought that the fan art of Rainbow Dash with a turtle was inspired by the toy line, where Rainbow Dash has a turtle as one of her pets.

I thought the toy line had RD paired with a flying squirrel. I thought that's what they were going for when they had the squirrel in today's episode...

hi hi

I always thought that the fan art of Rainbow Dash with a turtle was inspired by the toy line, where Rainbow Dash has a turtle as one of her pets.

I remember that back then, there was already fan art of Dash with a turtle (Speedy the turtle). Fans considered Speedy was half-canon when they actually gave Dash a pet turtle in the toy line (as well as a random squirrel).

Of course, Dash actually has a tortoise now.

hi hi

Also, while it might have been seen as little more than a silly sight gag, the turtle copter at the end basically showed Rainbow Dash admitting that she could meet her pet halfway, rather than just demanding that it fill all of her requirements. (Kind of like how the other five went and met Rainbow Dash and Tortoise halfway at the end by moving the finish line... very subtle, writing team.)

Just finished watching the episode.

Has anyone noticed there are more noticeable and greater flaws in the animation now? At 8:54 -ish Dash skids across the ground in front of the pets, and it looks like they forgot the drop the Duck back a layer. Oh well, I suppose that's a simple mistake to make.

Anyways, this episode had me smiling through the whole thing. I was hoping the tortoise would win via Tortoise and the Hare style, but I'm glad they went the way they dad. I assume it was a 127 Hours reference? The song could have been better, but I still liked it; probably won't go to my MP3 player unlike the other songs though. I also like how silly Rainbow was through this episode! The "DUN DUN DUNNNN!" scene literally had me laughing out loud.

reactions in order of happening...

woah, owloicious (sp?) like a boss...

ok she's dreaming...

bunnyfaced winged alligators? lol buck off tiger caval-*Opal comes from its goddamned MOUTH* OMFGWTFBBQ KILL IT WITH FIREEEE!!!!! D:

*overenthusiastic Fluttershy* HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*dies*

finally people will stop whining about the songs

*song ends* not_bad.jpg.... oh hai Derpy.

reality tv.... on MY PONIES???

isnt that animal abuse??

lol opal you damn bi- wait....

the butterfly? what will it d-ALL GLORY THE HYPNOBUTTERFLY

d'awwww at Turtle Tortoise's attempts

ok, this is SERIOUS animal abuse

moar d'awwww at tortoise

*living giant eels of DEATH* somepony call animal protection.... BAT LIKE A BAWSS

way to go RD, you broke a canyon.

DD'AAAAWWWWWWWWW AT TORTOISE!!

Falcon like a gentelman!!

TANK, OMG AWESOMEEE :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

im guessing Twilight could cast some spell on him so he can f-OMFG TORTOISECOPTER!!!!! :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

-------------------------------------------

so far 2nd fave ep of the season

Am I the only one who could tell that she was gonna be with the turtle BEFORE the race? They seemed to hint at it with his persistance during the song.

Still, good episode. Not my favorite of the season, but I enjoyed it.

Yeah, it was fairly obvious. Still, I liked seeing the competition itself, even if I did know the outcome. Also it's been pointed out that Tank won due to his loyalty to Dash. Nice touch.