Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

sorry! didnt mean to step on any hooves, I'll back down.

(though if your interested in adding just a hint more pony, let me know, I'm rebuilding some parts to the old Zap Apple mod, new wood, new foods, etc)

Back down from what?!? Just saying how Bramble and I dealt with the Canterlot server closing, that is all. We love the game too much not to keep playing; the fact we have a server shouldn't alter anything you are doing. :-|

Back down from what?!? Just saying how Bramble and I dealt with the Canterlot server closing, that is all. We love the game too much not to keep playing; the fact we have a server shouldn't alter anything you are doing. :-|

...oh... I thought you were saying that you two basically were running a new "unofficial canterlot MC server" and that I was encroaching on your server by offering to open mine up for the community...

...oh... I thought you were saying that you two basically were running a new "unofficial canterlot MC server" and that I was encroaching on your server by offering to open mine up for the community...

No, we just started our own, although we have a few Canterlot peeps on there who asked to join.

No, we just started our own, although we have a few Canterlot peeps on there who asked to join.

Ah, I'm hoping to open up a public server just with one dimension intended for canterlot specifically :)

oh and my offer still stands, if your interested in my Zap Apple mod (1.6.4), let me know, I've got about 1/3 of it working!

• 1 month later...

I thought Ashton created his own public unofficial successor peeps can join.

He should probably make his own thread for it to avoid confusion ^^:

If there's enough interest I'll start it back up, I had one I was working on and then I only had one person interested in joining (and I had a lot of coding to do to try and get some of my mods I'm making to work) I have hosting and a mostly-ready server (minus the fact that for some strange reason the world gennerated with literally NOTHING around for miles except water... (literally flew in one direction for 30 minutes and all I found were a few islands of a dozen blocks wide or less) may just regenerate the world since I didnt have a lot built yet...)

yeah, but that gets boring if nobody's on. I'm including Custom NPCs, so when, say, the library is built (well, gennerated, I have a skematic for it), Twilight and spike will be there, and Celestia/Luna are in canterlot, Braeburn is in Aaaaaapleoosa, etc. There will also be a number of quests and custom items. (I'm even developing my own custom magic system) Havn't decided if I'm going to do anything special for pony races...

People can get bored on Minecraft?

When you constnatly get lost in your mine, never find the blocks you want, keep getting killed by mobs when you DO find the blocks you want, yeah...

Well, maybe "bored" is a poor word to use. Frustrated might be better. None the less the game starts to lose it's luster. I played on a vanilla server for several months and eventually stopped for these reasons.. On a server like mine, when you get frustrated you can go on a quest, collect some tokens and BUY the block you want (granted it will take MORE effort to get it this way than just mining it, but you wont face getting lost and dieing all the time)

Also griefer protection with ability to set zones where players cant edit blocks, and banks!

When you constnatly get lost in your mine, never find the blocks you want, keep getting killed by mobs when you DO find the blocks you want, yeah...

Sorry, but it sounds like you are bored or frustrated with Minecraft because you are not particularly good at playing Minecraft.

I do not understand why people don't set up a simple system in their mines that tell them which way to go for the exit(s). Personally I use dirt arrows in the stone floor to tell me which way to go, you can make them straight or diagonal easily enough, or on walls for going up or down. Others use torches on the walls facing towards the exits, although I don't find this as intuitive.

Always light your mine with torches in regular intervals; I never have mobs in my mines because of this. Run into a dark cavern? Block it off until you are ready to fully explore and light it up (or up to a point and then block off the rest of the dark). Have armor and a weapon! I don't know any overworld enemy that can come close to killing you if you have both.

On our server, the admin will trade difficult to get blocks or resources for other resources you have; we have to get more (30 wheat equals one emerald for example) but ti is worth it when needed.

Also griefer protection with ability to set zones where players cant edit blocks, and banks!

That is why you need to be picky and active in who you let in. We have zero griefing on out server because of that.

Meh, yeah I could do better, and so could a lot of other people.

Problem with the 'admin-trade' system is an admin has to be on, with CustomNPCs, the shopkeeper is always there 24/7. (I also include a lot of plots for the world to make it feel more alive)

No griefing? Even the best players often get bored, I remember specifically on the old server that one day I filled your house with chickens! ;) lol

But seriously, its not like players come with references, you have to just hope for the best (and sometimes it can be an accident and the block is broken instead fo re-placable, like glass) and dont forget creepers, the built-in griefer system! (Love the fact I can set zones where they dont spawn so at night certain streets or rooms can be low-light for puzzle's sake)

And yes, my server, for better or worse, is less a "traditional" server than a small MMORPG... though it still had PLENTY of space for building (and a need for builders to help finish quest areas...)

Have an active admin that is reachable through other means like we do.

Doing practical jokes that are, ultimately harmless, is not griefing. We do practical jokes all the time on our server but we don't ruin other people's work.

Silk Touch - Solves all your broken glass or bookshelf problems.

For anyone interested...

Server is setup. There is a bug or two but I'm working on that...

Still building starting area though...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...

So much has changed in a few years. Like brain cells!

I think the ones in charge of remember the minecraft information vanished off to somewhere.

Don't suppose I'd be able to hop back onto the server again? Kind of curious to see how much has changed :)

Wow...

So much has changed in a few years. Like brain cells!

I think the ones in charge of remember the minecraft information vanished off to somewhere.

Don't suppose I'd be able to hop back onto the server again? Kind of curious to see how much has changed :)

That server is gone. Bramble and I though went and started our own with a few Canterlot peeps.

Have an active admin that is reachable through other means like we do.

Doing practical jokes that are, ultimately harmless, is not griefing. We do practical jokes all the time on our server but we don't ruin other people's work.

Silk Touch - Solves all your broken glass or bookshelf problems.

-glares at Brian- Yeah a PURPLE sheep named Twilight keeps showing up in me and randy's house :P

-glares at Brian- Yeah a PURPLE sheep named Twilight keeps showing up in me and randy's house :razz:

LOL! Epic trolling, Brian ^____^

And for those wondering about my server... I've got about 1/2 of the Tutorial area done, will be working on it more tonight, then I just need to add the starting town and create the dimension for Equestria (since I'm betting that's where everyone will want to go from here) If anyone's interested in helping me build the starting town, let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...