The banner in your sig dude. Actaully, I blocked it with NoScript after I saw it. I caught the part about the mysterious mare showing up Dash though.

I'm not mad though. I'd just prefer to go into these episodes any prior knowledge.

Well I apologize. I didn't realize people felt this way about it. Most of my ep banners are horrible guesses as to what will happen, and I'm usually wrong. So, do you even know anything about next weeks episode?

Just got around to watching it. Not much else to be said, seeing as how I'm kinda behind (I had the stream open in the background but then I forgot about it and went to play video games. Curse my short attention span!) but here goes:

Overall, it was okay. Not great. Strangely, I really felt bad for Dash in this episode. Like, really frustrated. Couldn't her friends just have spoken to her instead of humilating her in front of the entire town? (inb4 "but then the episode would be over in 10 minutes) Also at first I assumed AJ, but the instant I saw the colour of Twilight's magic I knew it would be all of them (or at the very least Twi, AJ and Fluttershy, one of each pony). That's rare for me. I was the one who didn't realise Philomena was a phoenix even after she combusted.

The RD fan club. That's... wow. Okay XD. Snips and Snails though? I guess it makes sense; they seem to need someone to fanboy over. Perhaps even crush on? On a related note: Trixie was not the mysterious mare. THANK GOD. I hate Trixie. I was worrying about that ever since the synopsis was spoiled for me (Riverhippo :roll: )

The construction site: Ponies build using machinery, clearly electrical. Yeah, yeah, magic, I know.

Pinkie Sense returns. Bleck, I was hoping they'd forgotten about that. I hope they don't bring back the stare.

The mayor is starting to get on my nerves too, can't quite explain why though.

Rainbow Dash making a fool of herself. I didn't really want to watch that. It was painful.

Still, overall I enjoyed it, but I'm in no hurry to rewatch it.

The stare was jumping awesome.

2699%20-%20Code_Geass%20fluttershy%20parody.png

Seriously that's hardcore

Well I apologize. I didn't realize people felt this way about it. Most of my ep banners are horrible guesses as to what will happen, and I'm usually wrong. So, do you even know anything about next weeks episode?

It's fine. And I'm probably the only one. As I said, I didn't read the whole banner, so maybe I overreacted?

And no, I have no idea what the next episode is about.

Don't forget that the construction machines were made of wood, so it might just be a series of levers and pulleys

The little foal was something to be expected in the FiM universe, as for some shows show the correct thing in kids shows well they /do/ 99.9 percent of the time just /1/ appearance shouldn't make it terrible. I agree with what Phil said about Pinkie being scared about the ghosts I think she was doing it because A. She's Pinkie and B. It makes it funny(to the kids)

I enjoyed the aspects of the show, but I think it's starting to get to everypony seeing as we're older and can spot the lesson before the episodes over. I think a lot are expecting a little /too/ much from the show now for some odd reason or another, this is a kids show so there will be times when things become painfully obvious to us but not to some kids. Remember this is a show aimed at kids, but is made so that adults can enjoy it too.

I'm starting to ramble, anyway I loved this episode my favourite part was AJ stopping that carriage with her beautifully named hooves, Twilight fixing the dam, Fluttershy being excited about being included by just being a pegasus and the return of Pinkie Sense.

It's fine. And I'm probably the only one. As I said, I didn't read the whole banner, so maybe I overreacted?

And no, I have no idea what the next episode is about.

You're not the only one. I should probably tone back the banner implications anyway. I'd play the 'not knowing it' card, but being on a few brony sites daily is kinda hard to avoiding all the of the rumors and synopsis' that get spread.

The stare was jumping awesome.

Seriously that's hardcore

Eh, maybe it's just me but I'd prefer it if Fluttershy had sway over the animals without needing to resort to magic staring tricks. Why does the element of kindness have that any way?

Honestly, stuff like Pinkie Sense and The Stare bug me, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because they came right outta nowhere, were never explained, and then were forgotten again (well, until now). Eh, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

Eh, maybe it's just me but I'd prefer it if Fluttershy had sway over the animals without needing to resort to magic staring tricks. Why does the element of kindness have that any way?

Honestly, stuff like Pinkie Sense and The Stare bug me, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because they came right outta nowhere, were never explained, and then were forgotten again (well, until now). Eh, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

I would say that it only bugs me if they use them too much. We all know the fandom overuses them, but the show doesn't for most of them.

Fluttershy's rage and stare are funny because they are totally unexpected from her personality. If we start seeing too much of that, she becomes less and less a shy pony and more a yellow pegasus that has a creepy edge about her.

I had a friend who was super conservative and very introverted. One day he tells us a dirty joke and it caught everyone off guard. It was hilarious. But if he did it everyday, I'd start to be creeped out by him.

I HAVE SAVED THIS GRASS!

also I love the pony opening the jar, though her fan name escapes me

Starburst.

You think RD would have learned to not be so shallow in "May the Best Pet Win!" but apparently she's forgotten her previous lesson. I don't like how knowledge between episodes doesn't carry over.

She didn't learn anything in that episode. She started with "I want a pet to serve my needs" and she ended up getting one, even if she was wrong about her needs.

Of if I'm not going to be a troll, I'd say that she learned not to judge OTHERS by the wrong standards, and here she learned not to be so boastful. Just like we learned in Boast Busters

I'm stunned. I may have had problem's with previous Season 2 episodes, but this wasn't even My Little Pony. It was just a dumb superhero show, and a badly written one at that. I think I'll leave it at that for now, I need to go to bed.

This episode was worse than the last one, and it might well be the worst episode of the series.

keeping to the show... really that thing bugs me to no end.

That baby was hideous. I guess it rings true in the sense that human babies are hideous, but animal babies are supposed to be cute. And besides, yeah, foals can walk within an hour of being born. No point in a carriage.

You're not the only one. I should probably tone back the banner implications anyway. I'd play the 'not knowing it' card, but being on a few brony sites daily is kinda hard to avoiding all the of the rumors and synopsis' that get spread.

Riv, your banners are awesome, and I encourage you to do more of them.

This episode was BAD, you guys. Second bad episode in a row. I'm losing faith in the show. </3

There was a hydroelectric dam, with structures very specific to electrical transmission.

Electricity is canon, and has been since Twi hooked Pinkie into a machine to study Pinkie's sense. People dismiss it as "just a gag," but a lot of other gags are accepted as canon.

She didn't learn anything in that episode. She started with "I want a pet to serve my needs" and she ended up getting one, even if she was wrong about her needs.

Of if I'm not going to be a troll, I'd say that she learned not to judge OTHERS by the wrong standards, and here she learned not to be so boastful. Just like we learned in Boast Busters

This episode was BAD, you guys. Second bad episode in a row. I'm losing faith in the show. </3

Yeah, I was thinking that after I made my post, but still.

I'd say that it's too early to lose faith in it! We're getting a third season, aren't we? :P

• Like 1

Wow,

I am not sure what to really think here. I have generally enjoyed season two. I though The Return of Harmony was excellent. Lesson Zero was a bit freaky but quite humorous. I loved how they portrayed Luna in Luna Eclipsed. Sisterhooves Social was mediorce, but it had some real adorable moments and Sweetie Belle made me aww so many times. The Cutie Pox was excellent. Now I admit I was rather disappointed with the last episode, I didn't think it was bad, just average with some opportunities missed.

This episode though, this was crap. Now granted season one had (to me) a totally crappy episode, "Owl's Well That Ends Well", but this one may actually be a little lousier. What was sad is it started out well with the Rainbow Dash fanclub hosted by Scootaloo, but then it went downhill pretty quick. Look I know its supposed to be for kids ultimately, but what hooks all of us (other than the utter cuteness) is the subtle humor, the interesting interactions of the characters and how they play off each other, the wit. All of this was missing in this episode.

Even all of that could have been salvage by having either an interesting new or a returning season one character appear, but when I saw the Mare Do Well do the magic I was rather suspicious (because it had Twilight's color); once I saw her fly it was obvious it was the other five. The problem with that is that it would have made far more sense for them to tell Dash directly early on as her BFFs that she was acting like a total ass; problem solved.

Also was disappointed that Scootaloo, of all ponies basically dropped Dash when the Mare Do Well started becoming the talk of the town; it would have been far more interesting if Scoot stayed loyal to Dash (something that may have double meaning given Dash's element).

Crap that baby pony was ugly, not drawing them like that (why do they need a carriage?)

Sparkler's voice was really nice though; that is all I liked about this episode. The RD fanclub also had a foal smaller (thus younger) than the other foals, showing really young ones are also cute as heck (Dash is also popular with the teenage colts it seems).

I guess it was bad enough to make me pause and go "this is the show I put so much effort into the fandom of?" It really did. Kinda want to go back to just working on furry art for that dysfunctional, vapid fandom I don't even identify with (other than just liking anthro artwork) after this and that is pretty bad, but hey it may be rather vapid but its not "typical kids cartoon" vapid. However I won't let one baddd episode ruin all that I love about this show (and the fandom, and the people in it around me), even if it gave me pause for a few minutes, but I really do hope it was just a bump in the road.

Rarity your up in the next one, please my beautiful marshmallow, bring me a great episode with your over the top dramatics and yet wonderful personality! You never disappointed me yet (unlike Dash, my least favorite of the six. :P )

• Like 4

They air them out of order? :-|

That is how many think season 1 went. I am going to assume it is the same for season 2.

I don't know if I would lose hope in the season just yet. It hasn't been great like the first, but some of the episodes are fun to watch. I didn't expect a deep episode when I heard that it was going to be a Dash episode. She is the least mature of them all imo. I am disappointed. I was hoping that we would see her grow more this season. Instead it looks as if she is still the exact same character we started out with. I am sure most of us are looking into it a little too much. As Jester said it is a show for kids. Unfortunately that is starting to show a lot more now.

It doesn't have to be electricity. Magi-technology is a well established concept in general fantasy fiction. Why are people so keen on declaring it electricity?

I disagree on the pet question, still. Tortoises are lame! Especially to kids! Only nerds could think a flying tortoise would be awesome.

This is the first episode written by Merriwether Williams, a new writer on the show. All things considered, she probably hasn't adjusted to the show's lore yet, which could explain some of the...lesser aspects of this episode (Like that baby pony. I think it's the diaper that really screws it's appeal).

That being said, she's supposed to be experienced.

I'm seeing a lot of correlations with the reactions to this episode and "Look before you sleep" from last season. 8th episode curse, perhaps? Of course, those episodes are nothing alike, so I guess I shouldn't look into it that much.

Too many problems in ponyville

OH NOT THE SUNGLASSES

Rainbow 'Danger' Dash

Autobiography of Dash written by Spike xD

Look at all the cute lil Fillies :D

Wait is a nerdowell (however its spelled) a bad doer?

Ponyville has a dam?! We NEED to RP this! Are thos tesla coils on it?

ITS TWILIGHT! WAIT WINGS?!!!!

Granny AGAIN

OMG 3 OF EM