[Canterlot] The tour [PM TO JOIN]

Conor Colton

Gladwin rubbed his now healed talon with his other, healthier, talon. He flexed it this way and that, testing it. A wide smiled began to creep across his face as he realized that his talon was truly healed. "Wow, you really are the best of the best, huh?" He continued examining his talon as the doctor talked on, but Gladwin was too interested too listen. One sentence did catch his attention though, "Excuse me? I have to stay here?" He said, as he pointed down, indicating the hospital as a whole, "Like, here, here? In the hospital?" Gladwin looked away from the doctor, towards to ground, a little worried. "Eh... If it's not ENTIRELY necessary..." He said, looking every which way but towards the doctor, "I think I'd rather get out and stretch my wings, S-so to to speak." He said with another nervous laugh. "Im not too good with hospital scenes," 'Gladwin lowered himself onto the ground, again testing his talon. He tapped his talon against the ground a few times, "But this is really great doc, and I gotta say I'm glad I came here. We griffins don't have magic, so it would of been surgery city for this griffin." He gestured toward himself with one of his claws. "Oh, and what do I owe ya?" Gladwin said as he suddenly realized that this treatment would cost bits.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flux had just finished writing out the letter when Colton returned to his seat. She had to admit to being confused by his sudden desire to stretch his legs, but she had been more occupied with letter-writing. As she signed the letter, she quietly excused herself from the seat trotting off down the hallway to the left. As she travelled toward the area where the transport owls landed once their deliveries, she had that elusive time to consider Colton's actions. He seemed pre-occupied, nervous even, when he was around her. His strange excuse only contributed to a pattern of behaviour that flummoxed the unicorn. Does he not enjoy my company? Such a sentiment would make his actions clearer, but based on past indications, that cannot be correct. Perhaps he merely needed some time to think and collect his thoughts. I can certain sympathize with that intention.

Mulling over the possibilites, Flux managed to walk straight into the open window that owls flew through at their leisure. After extracting herself from her position halway outside of the windowpane, she search the room for any off-duty owls. Spotting a golden feathered horned owl perched on the opposing window, Flux trotted over to the bird. "Please deliver this correspondance to Torvus at the old clock tower in Canterlot," she said, telekinectically holding out the letter for the bird to take. The owl did so with a glint of understanding in its eyes and took off through the window and out into the darkened skies.

Flux trotted back toward the seats outside her father's office, reclaiming her position beside Colton.

---------

"Oh, bits? That's right," Dr. Scalpel said with a chuckle, reminded by Gladwin's words. "Well, since you're a friend of my daughter's, don't worry about the cost. Its not all that much anyway." He dismissed the notion with his hoof absentmindedly, filling in the patient treatment charts for the secretary to file into the Medical Centre's archives. "Since you aren't staying the night and you now have a clean bill of health, you're free to go at any time."

With those words, he trotted back out the door and addressed Colton. "You, on the other hand, are staying here. So, I'll direct you to the overnight ward."

Colton wasn't sure if his past exclusion of himself had given the wrong impression. Colton wanted to say something to let Flux know that he enjoyed spending time with her, he intended to tell her all his feelings later but for now he just wanted to say something to let Flux know that he valued her company. Colton finally looked away from the floor and said straight to Flux's face, not showing any signs of backing down, "Thanks again for staying with me Flux, um, I really like spending time with you." Colton said as he rushed the last part of his sentence and hid his face slightly.

Colton awaited Flux's reaction to this, but sadly her father interjected before she got the chance. Oh come on! Colton thought, Can't I have one second? He thought as he reluctantly stood up from his chair and followed Flux's father, still wondering how Flux would react to what he just said.

Gladwin followed behind the doctor and rejoined his former companions, "Your father is pretty amazing, Flux." Gladwin said with a smile. He then turned to Colton, seemingly with an apologetic look, Sorry, "He said I'm actually free to go! Good deal if you ask me," He again tested his talon in disbelief that it was fully healed. Gladwin had never had many injuries, and the ones he did have were worked on by Griffins or earth ponies. To have a unicorn 'operate' on him made their magic seem like a miracle. "So, I will actually be leaving, f-for now. I'll still be in Canterlot though, maybe we'll see each other around?" Gladwin looked to Flux and Colton, addressing them both with his warm smile. "It's been awesome meeting you two," Gladwin dipped his head, like he had seen a few Canterlot ponies do, he then looked to Colton, he couldn't think of a non-obvious way to say good luck, so he only looked to the pegasus. With another nod of his head, "See ya!" and Gladwin began to walk off. Who knows, maybe I'll see them again sometime. Maybe at the Gala as a couple. Gladwin chuckled to himself as the taps of his talons on the tile echoed in his ears.

"Farewell Gladwin, I too look forward to rejoining with you at some point," Flux capped off her goodbye with a friendly wave as Gladwin walked down the hallway leading to the main exit of the Medical Centre. After Gladwin had said his goodbyes, Flux considered Colton's rushed statement. Interesting, it seemed as though Colton wished to continue on that line of thinking. Perhaps I was correct in my supposition. Why is this so difficult for me to decipher? Flux let those thoughts hang in her mind, answering her question only half-heartedly. It is good to know that he does in fact enjoy me company, however.

The two unicorns and one pegasus trotted one after the other down the hallway opposite to the hall Gladwin had taken, with Dr. Scalpel in the lead. He guided the two younger ponies through the Centre's layout, taking seemingly random turns through its corridors. Flux had never travlled through this part of the Medical Centre before, so even he usually good instinct for navigating the hospital were of no use. Her father once again stopped suddenly, backpedalling slightly to reach a door labelled 'Short Term Care Ward'. With a nudge of the door, Dr. Scalpel led the two into the area where they would be spending the night.

It had a very sterile feel to it and the persistant medical smell wafted through this ward as well. The beds looked comfortable enough and it wasn't particularly crowded, so it had its positives to counter the less enjoyable factors. The unicorn doctor led them over to a bed that was layed against the south wall, giving a dazzling view of the night sky. Just the sight of so many stars made Flux think of her nightly astronomic ventures with her mother in the Whitetail Wood. Dr. Scalpel placed a clipboard at the end of the bed and placed a bell on the nightstand. "Make yourself comfortable, Colton. If you need anything, just ring the bell and one of the night nurse will arrive as soon as they can. I'll come to check on you in the morning." With those words of parting, the doctor left the ward, leaving Colton and Flux in the artificial candlelight of the ward.

Colton watched as Gladwin walked out of the centre and said only a few parting words, "Goodbye Gladwin, hope to see ya again real soon, you take care of yourself you hear. Oh and stay away from the cold." Colton shouted to the departing griffin as he chuckled.

Colton followed Flux and her father to his temporary room for the night, all the while wondering how Flux had reacted to his statement about enjoying her company, the pegasus didn't want to make his worries seem to obvious though as Flux's father was still in the immediate vicinity. When the three reached the room Colton got a good look around the place, it was what he had come to expect at this point in a hospital. But the pegasus couldn't get over the view though, he stared out into the night sky and just envisioned himself soaring across it but that quickly faded as he had a sharp pain in his wing.

When Flux's dad left, leaving the two alone Colton decided that it was now or never. The pegasus sat down on the side of the bed, next to the one candle lighting the room and asked Flux to accompany him, "Hey Flux, could you, uh...sit here for a second? There's uh, something I have to say." Colton said as he rubbed his cast.

When the unicorn sat down next to the pegasus Colton cleared his head, all those questions he had in his mind were all gone and he was free to voice his feelings in peace. Colton looked Flux straight in the eye and said it, "Flux, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." Colton said as he took a small clichéd gulp and continued, "Flux....I um, this may sound stupid considering we only met today but, I like you. I mean I really like you, I'd go as far to say that I have....feelings for you." Colton stated clearly, not wanting to be misheard, finally satisfied that he got all that off his chest.

As Colton sat down, he requested her to do the same. Having intended to do so even without Colton's request, Flux quickly took a seat beside the pegasus. The light of the candle flickered slightly as she sat, the natural air disturbance created by her movement passing over the fire. Colton looked intently at Flux, a rather serious look on his face. Then, with only a few sentences, Colton managed to say the one thing that Flux found the hardest to answer.

Immediately, her mind exploded with thoughts. Wait, what? Did I hear him correctly? Of course I did, he was very deliberate in his wording. What on Equestria can I say to that? The truth sounds like a good option. But, I've only known him for so long and this is so...confusing. Though she had suspected Colton's feelings, having them actually presented to her were something that Flux hadn't been completely ready for. All of that earlier inner turmoil come rushing back, not even allowing her to focus on her earlier thoughts. Alright, just calm down, she commanded, silencing all the conflicting voices in her mind. This is extremely against the norm for you, both situationally and emotionally. A rather cynical part of her quickly cut across her rationale. Well, there's certainly an answer to your earlier question isn't it.

However, the key question was whether or not those strange feelings she had felt throughout the day were similar to those Colton had expressed. Flux wasn't a romantic by any standard. She had never held much interest in tales about love as a child, but she had felt...something...with Colton. The scientist pony had always considered herself married to her work, so to speak, but her recent forays into friendship had started to dispel those ideas. Though science would alway be one of her primary focuses, Flux felt that having relationships of any degree with other ponies was an important factor as well.

She decided on the best answer she could give: the truth. "I honestly have found myself at a loss for words. I'm extremely flattered, Colton, and I believe I can return the sentiment. However, I'm not very certain on how such relationships would function. Especially since I do have to dedicate much of my time to my work. I am certain the situation will sort itself out, but I think we both need to be aware of what exactly we would be getting into."

Colton watched as Flux thought over her answer, as he did he began to have questions pop into his mind like earlier, Well what are you gonna do if she doesn't like me back? How will I cope without her? Maybe she just values science over me.... Colton's mind quickly expelled those thoughts though as Flux gave her answer, and to be honest, Colton was very surprised but he was also pleasantly surprised.

Colton was so relived that Flux had felt the same way, all his worries had been put to rest, that was until Flux brought one of his earlier concerns to light, 'How would this work?'. The pegasus sat for a bit contemplating how he should respond, he didn't want Flux to feel like she had to abandon her work that was one of the reasons he liked her soo much. But the pegasus was determined to find some way of making this work, he once again looked into Flux eye's and said what he truly thought, "I have given it some thought....and I know this might not be the easiest thing to work out, but I promise you I'll find a way to make this work." Colton said as he gently placed his hoof on Flux's, "It doesn't matter to me what you do, whether it be your research or anything else....The only thing that matters to me, is being with you every step of the way." Colton said as he mentally cringed at the thought of how cheesy that must have sounded.

Flux smiled at Colton's rather cliched words, but she could tell that they expressed a completely pure sentiment. Flux couldn't seem to find a way for their relationship to work, between Colton's travelling and her own research, but she was certain that both of them together could figure it out. She blushed slightly at Colton's hoof over her own, but the lack of a strong light source in the room mostly hid her reaction. "I certain we shall,' she agreed.

From her sitting position, Flux could once again see the multitude of stars that filled the night sky. She spoke absentmindedly to Colton, resting her head on his shoulder. "When I was younger, my mother and I would travel out to the Whitetail Woods on nightssuch as these. By the time we reached the edge of the treeline, it would be well into the nighttime. She would always find a specific spot to stargaze, approximately in the middle of the woods. There was just enough luminence from the surrounding town of Solstice Heights that the use a lantern was only necessary for fine motions, but not enough to ruin the view of the stars. My mother would point out all of the constellions, Ursa Minor and Major were her favourite. While she recorded the stars' locations on her charts, I would peek through the telescope to look at them as well. Eventually, I would fall asleep and wake up the next morning back in Canterlot."

Finishing her nostalgic tale, Flux lifted her head a small amount. "I hope I am not boring you with tales from my foalhood. I have a tendancy for nostalgia on starry nights." Flux's talk of her mother reminded her of a possible complication. I am going to find it necessary to inform my parents about this development. Flux wondered how her father would react, already knowing that her mother would merely tease her good naturedly about her turn around on the subject of relationships.

Colton smiled lightly as he managed to catch a glimpse of Flux's blushing under the candle light, of course the pegasus was blushing as well but it didn't detract from the sweetness of the moment. Colton felt at ease as Flux rested her head on his slightly-broken shoulder, he rested his head on her's as she began to weave stories from her childhood.

The pegasus stared out into the night sky as Flux did, hanging on every word the unicorn said all the while keeping his light smile. Colton put his hoof around Flux and rested it on her shoulder, the pegasus was still wondering how he would make this work but for now that didn't matter. When Flux and finished and raised her head Colton responded almost right away, "No, of course not, I love hearing your stories." The pegasus said as he stared back at the unicorn.

Since the conversation Colton began to think about the subject, How would Flux's father react to all of this? Colton thought how any rational pony would act in this situation, that thought terrified him though so he turned his avenue of thinking in a different direction. "Your mother sounds like a very nice pony, although I probably could have guessed that when I first met you." Colton said as he thought back and realized what an eventful day this was, he then realized what he just said and turned back to Flux, "...Sorry...I'm a bit of a hopeless-romantic, with a bit too much emphasise on the 'hopeless'" Colton said as he sighed and chuckled at the same time, "I wish I had some stories to tell you about my folks but my minds drawing a blank right now." Colton said as he knew why, not because he didn't honestly have any stories but that he was just soo at ease that it didn't matter to him.

Flux felt quite flattered, if surprised, that Colton was indeed interested in her tales of the past. It wasn't a subject that she shared lightly and so she was glad to know that it was appreciated. She sighed contentedly, not bothered at all by the lateness of the hour. Flux merely savoured the moment, enjoying Colton's company and the wonders of the night.

Upon his declaration, Flux couldn't help but share his chuckle. "I suppose we balance each other out then. It's refreshing to have someone so open about their feelings, even if they are a bit cliched on occasion. After all, cliches would not be so unless they did in fact occur." Flux reflected upon her words after she spoke, not feeling pressed by the flow of time. She wasn't a bleeding heart, but she was discovering more of the benefits of at least some romanticism through the events of this one day. It amazed the unicorn that so much could occur and cause change in a pony during the events of a mere 24 hours.

Suddenly, a trail of light streaked across the sky. The tail of the shooting star lingered behind it, arching across the sky. Flux formed a silent 'wow' with her lips, as it was not every day that a comet appeared. "Some ponies have thought that comets are not actually stars at all, but luminous chunks of old energy from some mysertious source. My mother could never really answer whether that was the case. She always wanted to be sure what she said was correct and supported by-" Flux stopped herself. "That's not very romantic, is it? Perhaps we should just make a wish instead."

Colton smiled back at the unicorn as she wasn't bothered by his rather self doubting comment. After Flux finished her first statement Colton responded in suit, "Well once again you have a good point there Flux." Colton said as he stared deep into the unicorns eyes, wrapped up in the warm loving atmosphere of the moment. He felt rather flattered at her previous statement as it wasn't usually somepony would say when Colton expressed his feelings.

When the comet came cruising over the night sky Colton couldn't imagine a better view or a more perfect moment. When Flux began to speak once more Colton listened intently as he always would, almost finding himself lost in Flux's words, he rested his head on hers, smiled and shut his eyes slightly but the pegasus didn't dare fall asleep less he miss one second of this moment.

When Flux stopped herself however it snapped Colton out of his state, he looked back down to the unicorn leaning on his shoulder and listened to her final statement, "A wish huh?" Colton stopped to think of one but couldn't imagine how this situation could be any better so that's what he said, "That's just it though Flux..." Colton said as he gently lifted Flux's head to be at level with his own, "I don't have to wish anymore." Colton said as he leaned in closer, closed his eyes and kissed the unicorn.

Flux's eyes widened at the close contact between the two ponies. She was completely unprepared for Colton's actions and was not exactly well-versed in the art of kissing. However, she certainly could not say that it was not a pleasant surprise. Once the pure shock wore off, Flux's eyes closed again and she kissed the pegasus in return. It was a very different experience for the unicorn, as until that very day she had found no interest in the subject. It had been touched upon in several of the biological texts that Flux had read, but she never had found it to be a matter of great importance.

The kiss was warm, though that mental description made some part of Flux face-hoof. It felt rather liberating as well, which brought to mind the wonder of whether flying felt the same way. She allowed herself to just think, not worried at all about the world around her. In the unicorn's opinion, Equestria itself could vanish and such an event would pale in comparison with this one. She didn't know how much time had passed, as it simultaneously felt like an eternity and barely a moment.

Unfortunately, all good things did come to an end and Flux broke away from the kiss. She guessed that the shade of red she wore would be comparable to that of a ripe tomato. "Wow," she breathed, echoing her earlier thoughts of the luminous arc that had finished crossing the sky.

During the kiss all Colton could feel was Flux's lips against his own, nothing around him fazed him in the slightest it was as if the entire world grinded to a stop for this moment. All the pain Colton's injuries had caused him went away and he didn't feel any discomfort from them, all his inhibitions and worries seemed to melt right out of his mind it was like Colton was in a trance, a trance he never wanted to leave.

But sadly he was forced to as the kiss came to an end, the pegasus went back to the sitting position he was in before and looked over at Flux as she blushed. The pegasus smiled and blushed also, a few seconds after Flux's last statement Colton couldn't help but smile. He sat there for a few more seconds before he spoke, "Yeah.....wow." Colton said as sighed during his comment, it was a pleasant sigh however, "I don't usually, do that." The pegasus stated as he rubbed the back of his brace.

The pegasus moved slightly closer to Flux and placed his hoof on her's once again, he looked and admired the red-faced unicorn before he spoke, "So...what did you wish for?" Colton asked softly with an equally soft smile.

"My wish?" Flux repeated, having been too caught up in the moment to fully register Colton's words. "Oh yes, I must have missed it. However, I don't believe it shall be necessary now." The unicorn closed her eyes, wanting to remember this point in time with a much accuracy as possible. She took in all the feelings and scents of the moment, feeling completely at ease with the world. The smell of the candlelight was quite pleasant, only adding to the wonderful atmosphere that Flux was memorizing.

Opening her eyes halfway, Flux gave a tiny yawn. The quiet sound was magnified in the comfortable silence held between the two ponies, filling much more of the empty space than the involuntary sound would have otherwise. Flux didn't change her contended smile as she spoke quietly to Colton. "I suppose we should get some sleep now. That injury will not heal itself without some modicum of rest. We do still have the entire city to explore tomorrow." The white unicorn's horn glowed with a faint green aura, summoning one of the blankets left on the nurse's trolley towards the two. Flux lay it across herself and Colton, surprised by the warmth and comfort that the standard issue blanket provided.

Taking a final view of the awe-inspiring night, Flux drew the curtains with her magic. The action left the room in near complete darkness, only lifted by the faint candle that still burned on the sidetable. "Sleep well, Colton," she whispered, extinguishing the candle with a smoke-less spell.

Colton listened intently once again as Flux finished her statement about the wish, "Yeah I guess you're right...." Colton said as he rested his head on Flux's once more. Similar to Flux, Colton closed his eyes and took in everything around him less he ever forget this moment. The room became quieter and quieter as Colton drifted into an almost euphoric haze. Colton was snapped out of this though when Flux let out her yawn.

Colton gave a similar yawn and stretched his hooves above his head trying to get comfortable, he was expecting that Flux would leave him to his own rest but when Flux brought the blanket around the two of the Colton's eye's widened as it was no doubt a pleasant surprise. When the two put their head down on the soft hospital pillow Colton looked over to Flux and smiled slightly as she closed the curtains still admiring his current situation.

When Flux blew out the candle and went back to her own sleeping position the room had almost become pitch-black, but Colton could still make out the shape of the mare sleeping beside him. Before the pegasus drifted off into slumber he leaned over towards Flux and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead, finally responding to the unicorn's last statement, "You too Flux." Colton said with a smile as he lowered his head and drifted off into a sound sleep, awaiting what tommorow would bring.

The bright light of the morning was a sharp contrast to the blanket of night that had covered Canterlot the following night. Just as the moon and its fellows in the night sky had been quite spectacular, the intense and warming rays of Celestia's sun was also a sight to behold, especially during the darker winter months.

The rays slowly awakened the sleeping unicorn, bringing her from pleasant dreams into the new day. With a quiet grumble, Flux raised her head from the pillow below. Quite strangely, she found herself face-to-face with an owl that perched itself upon the window. Taking the letter from the owl with her magic, Flux reoriented herself in order to better read the messy script upon the parchment.

Got your letter, don't worry about me. I've been looking out for m'self before you came around. Have a good time on that tour and give my best to Colton.

- Torvus

With a light smile, Flux folded the letter and placed it inside her bag. She left the window open, allowing a soft winter breeze to enter the room. As quietly as possible, Flux got out of the bed and put all four hooves into contact with the ground once more. Deciding to take care of the procedurals for Colton's release from the Medical Centre, Flux invoked a quick spell to tidy up her appearance and then set out in search of her father.

Colton slowly opened his eyes to the warm morning sun light hitting his face, he covered his eyes with his hoof for a breath moment before they adjusted to the rays. Colton sat up on one side of the bed and stretched his hooves above his head in a similar fashion to before he actually went to sleep and luckily the pegasus felt no pain when he did so. The pegasus let out a slight yawn as he looked around the room, still in a morning haze Colton had failed to realize that Flux wasn't there on the bed as she was before, but that was quickly rectified as he turned his head.

Huh? I wonder where Flux went... Colton thought but quickly dispatched the idea in his head when he thought, I'm sure she's fine, she's probably gonna go find her dad......oh Celestia she's gonna go find her dad! Colton thought with a slight panic. His inhibitions went away though when he heard a familiar chirping noise from a nearby open window. The chirping came none other than from Sparks who was sitting with a rather peculiar look on his face, "Oh it's just you buddy...Uh, sorry for sending you on that wild goose....er ferret chase yesterday." Colton said as he nervously rubbed his head.

The sparrow continued to stare, the bird rested his side on the window frame keeping what could only be described as an 'assuming' look, "Why you looking at me like that Sparks, you're starting to creep me out buddy." And still the bird glare. The pegasus swallowed his pride and spilled the beans to Sparks, "Okay... something did happen with Flux alright." As soon as the pegasus uttered these words the bird flew and perched himself in his usual spot on Colton's head, "Oh it was great Sparks, there was beautiful sky, a comet, the best sleep I ever had in years..." Colton said as he sat back on the bed and let out a pleased sigh, "I'll have to tell you more about it, but first, we gotta get ready." Colton said as he almost sprung from the hospital bed and readied himself for the day to come, "Today's a big day Sparks." Colton said with a smile as he got his hair back into an appropriate state and continued with the rest of his appearance.

Flux trotted through the mostly empty halls of the hostipal. Her hooves made a distinct clacking sound against the polished marble floor that echoed throughout the deserted hallways. The unicorn passed a nurse ocassionally, giving the staff member a curt nod before continuing on. She determined that her father's office was not far from her current position in the intersection of the 'Intensive Care' and 'Short Term Care' wards. Her memory led her to a corridor that seemed familiar and sure enough, a plaque reading 'Dr. Scalpel Flux, MD' was inlaid in a wooden door. With a quick knock and an acknowledgement form the unicorn within, Flux opened the door and entered the office.

The contents of the office ensured that Flux's memroy had served her correctly. Her father sat behind the piles of paperwork seen yesterday, a pair of reading glasses hung low on his muzzle. He looked immensely tired, as though he had been up all night sorting through and approving certain procedures and filling in forms. Flux spotted a series of papers marked with the name 'Colton Cloudkicker'. So as not to disturb her father's work, Flux extracted the release form with a levitation spell. "I'll give that a sign once I check Colton over quickly," said Dr. Scalpel, raising his head from a lengthy form.

Flux nodded, leading the doctor back towards the room where she and Colton had spent the night. She hadn't seen any discomfort on the pegasus' features when she had woken, leading her to assume that his injury was likely healed and Colton would be cleared for admission quickly. Though the hour was early, Flux was eager to begin showing Colton around the city. She had been mapping out the key destinations as she had travelled through the halls of the hospital, ensuring that all the important locations would be covered in their journey.

Colton checked himself over one last time before turning to Sparks for confirmation, "Well...be honest." The bird let out a comical gagging noise as he smiled smugly, "Like you look any better." Colton said as he tapped the bird on his head. Colton had to check himself on last time to make sure he looked presentable, he ran his hooves through his hair to give it that particular 'messy' look he always had.

Afterwards Colton thought to wait for Flux and her father but a certain 'rumbling' from inside the pegasus' stomach seemed to send that plan out the window, "Ah they'll probably not be back for a while now...and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I got a small snack." Colton said as he gestured the bird to follow him out the door, Colton slowly opened the door as he spouted a few sentences to the bird, "You have no idea how good I feel right now Sparks, I feel great, I had the best night of my life." Colton said as he flung open the door in joy and as he walked out the room and turned he said a few more words to the bird.

"Heck I might even go as far to say that I'm in lo-" Colton was cut off as he turned the corner to see a rather familiar face infront of his own, the one belonging to Flux's father, "Oh um....Good morning Dr.Flux." Colton said as he tilted his head slightly and saw Flux behind her father, "Good morning to you too Flux." Colton said as he turned back to Flux's dad, a strange thought entered his head, Has she told him yet? Colton decided to play it safe though and not bring it up, "I...probably shouldn't be out of my room, should I?"

The doctor and his daughter turn the corner sharply, nearly walking into none other than the subject of their travel. Dr. Scalpel chuckled slightly, backing up from the pegasus to allow him some personal space. In response to his question, the doctor looked the pegasus up and down once before responding. "Well, we'll have to see. Though, by your ease of movement, I'd have to say it's almost certain that you've healed significantly."

He lifted the brace from Colton's shoulder blade, allowing it freedom of movement. He inspected the healing tissue with a passive expression, not allowing his diagnosis to show on his features. "Colton, I pronounce you officially healed enough to allow discharge from the Centre." With a magic-propelled swish of a nearby quill, he signed his named upon the release document in long, flowing script. The parachment rolled up and hovered to a position nearby the doctor's ears. The stallion smiled at Colton and Flux, then turning tail and trotting back toward his office.

Flux stood beside Colton, quite pleased that he had healed so well. "Shall we?" asked Flux, her trip plan already coming to mind. "Our first destination is quite an interesting one. I believe you will find it satisfactory."

Colton was surprised at how quick the entire procedure was, after the form was signed Colton stretch his wings out and felt them feeling relatively normal again, well normal enough for flight anyway. He smiled contently back to Dr.Scalpel as he was discharging him from the centre, Colton and Sparks couldn't wait to see what lay ahead of them.

Colton turned to Flux who was now standing beside him and responded to her question, "I believe we shall, my wings feel great, my back feels great, everything's great......" Colton said as he smiled and looked at Flux and almost got lost in thought. He snapped out of it though when Flux finished her final statement.

"Oh well I'm sure it will be....uh where is it?" Colton asked trying to sound as confident as he could but looked more like a slight fool than anything else. Then another thought came to Colton's mind though, one regarding Flux's dad. He bit his bottom lip and asked Flux about it as the two set off, "So....uh, did you tell your dad? About last night I mean..." Colton said as he tried to make it sound like he was okay with any answer the unicorn was going to give.

"This way," Flux answered, a playful tone filling her voice. She didn't usually hold back information in an effort to create a surprise, but Flux decided there was a first time for everything. She trotted down the streets of Canterlot, which were mostly empty in the early morning light. Buisiness ponies rushed through the streets and university students travelled toward their classes, but otherwise most ponies were only just beginning to open their windows.

She turned her head toward Colton once he had asked his question. His expression was difficult for the white unicorn to read, which made her slightly apprehensive. "I didn't have much of a window of opportunity. My father seemed quite busy and I didn't want to heap extra thoughts upon him. I was planning to inform him later today." She hoped that the answer was not distressing to the pegasus in any manner. She lapsed into silence, allowing Colton time to form a response and herself a time to ensure that she was headed in the correct direction.

Seeing the approach of their destination, Flux picked up her speed. She had only visited the location twice before and was eager to see it in the soft dusting of snow brought by the winter. "Alright, I believe that this part of a surprise involves shielding one's eyes."

"Really, this way?" Colton said in an equally playful tone as Flux's. These vague details only made Colton wonder further about they're destination as Flux was obviously playing with him at this point. He didn't mind however and continued trotting along with Flux, eager to see what she had in mind but he tried to not seem 'too eager' less he begin to act foolish again but that didn't mean he wasn't excited.

When Flux answered Colton's question about her father the pegasus took a moment to think over the unicorn's response and then said his own, "Well that''s understandable, your dad's obviously very busy, besides we can tell him later anyway." Colton said in a clear, confident voice. Inside though Colton felt extremely relieved as he wasn't sure how Flux's dad would react to their actions last night, he just thanked Celestia that he didn't have to face him first thing in the morning. That would have probably led to Colton slipping up and saying something...well...stupid.

Colton looked at Flux with a smile as she finished her last statement, "What?" Colton asked as he raised a playful eyebrow, and the unicorn wasn't budging so Colton closed his eyes and for good measure he put his wings over them too, "Okay....work away.....I'm pretty sure your just playing with me at this point though." Colton said playfully as he chuckled slightly. Sparks followed Colton's example and did the same with his wings as he perched on Colton's head once again.

As soon as Colton's eyes were closed, she guided him forward slowly. Their final destination was not very far from their current path, but Flux wanted to build up the suspense. It continued to baffle the mare that Colton brought out such a carefree attitude in her. Flux was used to being more of a stick in the mud in the opinion of most ponies, but she felt almost lighter around the pegasus. Perhaps it was his own nature rubbing off on her, but the snow-coated unicorn could not conclude anything with certainty.

The two soon stood before the arch-shaped entrance to the first stop on their tour. With a silent count to four in her head, Flux announced, "Alright, we have arrived." Before them stood the famed Canterlot Hedge Garden. The arch was made of perfectly shaped greenery with roses peaking out at systematic intervals. The land before the two ponies was flat, but as green as the hoof of the ponies who tended to the Hedge Garden. Several impressive hedges in the shapes of important figures from Equestria's past stood proudly in the sunlight.

Flux waited for Colton's inevitable with a casual smile on her muzzle. She hoped that the sight would be as awe-inspiring for him as it had been upon Flux's first sight of it.