[Ponyville] Cutie Mark Crusader Planning Picnic, GO!

Bramble Rose

(( This is the Cutie Mark Crusader thread, but it's open for anyone who wants to come along! ))

It was a gorgeous day. The sun was high and warm, sparse clouds drifting through a magnificently blue sky, and the pegasus ponies said it wasn't going to rain all day. The perfect day for a young foal to get out and about, enjoying the wonderful weather, and running energetically through the fields.

One young foal, a white unicorn with an elegantly curled pink and lavender mane, was prancing happily through the streets to the center of town, a little picnic basket held in her teeth and a blanket draped over her back. Through her mouthful of handle she hummed happily to herself, her eyes very nearly closed as she made her way amongst all the ponies in town.

When she reached the town square, just in front of the library, she stopped and set down her basket. Her humming swelled to soft song as she reached back and took the blanket between her teeth, her head flicking forward to make it spread out across the grass. o/~ they say that we will find our marks.. when the time is really riiiight... o/~ She circled around the blanket, tugging at the corners with her teeth to make it lay flat, her tail held high with her joyful spirits. Today was the day, she was sure, that she would finally find her cutie mark! Maybe even a picnic cutie mark! She took a moment to check her flank. Awww... no picnic basket. Still just a blank white flank.

She laid the basket down on the blanket and started laying out three plates, and three cupcakes. She hoped that Apple Bloom brought some of Applejack's wonderful food for the picnic! Applejack was the *best* baker in town, and her mouth watered at the thought of some of her apple fritters. Her head lifted and peered around. Where were the other two?

Apply Bloom watched as they filled her bag with apple treats, but the little foal trotted in place "C'mon, I gotta go" she whined as she bit her bag and attempted to throw it up on her back. She growled and tugged trying to get to move, but her cousin placed another couple candied apples in Apple Bloom's bag "Maybe that new pony who lives across the pasture can help you carry this?" her cousin offered with a coy smile; Apple Bloom snorted, "I got it" she huffed, her cousin glared at her. Apple Bloom sighed, "Please, just put it on my back, Please." she gave her older cousin doe eyes and the mare picked up the bag and dropped it on the little foals back.

Apple Bloom hit the ground, but she quickly tried to stand and managed to stand, "See, I got it" she bragged as her little body shook and again her cousin glared at her. Apple Bloom sighed, "Can you go fetch him for me?" She asked in a defeated tone, her cousin shook her said, and Apple Bloom dropped her head and started out of the barn,"I heard he doesn't have a cutie mark either" Her cousin called after her. Apple Bloom's head picked up and she darted off with her spirits renewed "maybe this foal would like to join the Cutie Mark Crusaders" she thought to her self as she raced down the row of apple trees, out of the gate, and finally down a dirt path where she hit a new cottage. She looked at it before trotting up to the door and knocking "Hello?" she called, shortly after a little caramel colored foal opened the bottom half of the door, "Hello?" he ducked his head and went through the door to look at Apple Bloom.

"I'm Apple Bloom! An I was wonderin' if you wanted to hitch along on a picnic!" She smiled hard, "It'll be fun" she added as he stepped closer to the slightly larger foal. "I'm Moose and um" The foal started, "I don't -" Apple Bloom cut in, "C'mon Moose it'll be fun!" She cheered and tried to herd him toward the barn, "Um okay" he said slightly bashfully.

Before little Moose knew anything Apple Bloom herded him up to the barn and had already had the bags on him, "C'mon it's in town" she said has she started to little him, "Um, so who's all there" Moose asked, "Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle" she said simply. "Um" Moose hinted toward more information; Apple Bloom laughed "Sweetie Bell is a unicorn and boy howdy she has a voice! Well, and Scootaloo is the fastest pegasus on the scooter you'll see! Or wont see. Well she's pretty fast!" with that Apple Bloom chattered on.

Moose could easily tell his new friend was excited, he looked away from Apple Bloom and saw a little white unicorn, "Um Apple Bloom, is that Sweetie Belle?" He asked, Apple Bloom opened her eyes, "Yup!" was all she said before she trotted off, "Sweetie Belle!" she called as she tackled her friend.

Moose made his way to the blanket and slid off the bag off him before looking at the two "I wonder who is this Scootaloo now is" he said to himself...

"WE ARE THE CUTIE MARK CRUSAAAAAAAAAADERS!!!" Scoot sung quite loudly (and badly) as she raced through town looking for Sweetie Belle. Her loud singing dropped to loud humming as she got distracted looking for her friends. Scoot's little cutie mark crusader cape was waving in the wind as she went faster and faster on her scooter. She was really hoping everybody else remembered their capes, and maybe if rarity wasn't busy Scoot could get hers fixed. She thought back to the time it got stuck on Fluttershy's fence and giggled a little. That was such a fun adventure, even if the cockatrice did scare everybody. "AAAAAND WE'RE GONNA GET OUR CUTIE MARRRRRRRRRKS!" As she got to town square she dropped back to humming and looked around for Sweetie Belle.

Hey There she is! Scoot thought as she raced over to the tree. She used her little wings to slow her down so she didn't crash into her friends. Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle were already here and somebody she didn't recognize "Hi I'm scoot!" She said with a huge smile to the caramel colored foal. Scoot reached into her saddlebags and pulled out a bag full of treats. Sticking her mouth into it she only pulled out crumbs "Oops... I guess the cookies got smooshed when I did that really cool triple flip and landed in a tree on the way here" She frowned a little and looked at her friends. "Maybe we can go on a cookie cutie mark adventure!" Scoot said enthusiastically trying to remember if they've already gone on one of those or not.

Why was he outside? His cousin wasn't. Then again Willow Wisp was a rather nocturnal type, she always slept during the day. Well unless she had something she had to do. But since she been so busy moving things into her new home, it was no surprise she was out like a light now. But that meant the little foal was on his own.

Grim would have much rather stayed inside. He didn't like going out, and he didn't know anyone yet to boot. Of course he was due to start at the school soon, which made him nervous as well. Back home all the other foals in his class though he had his Cutie Mark. But that was because he always wore his saddle bag so it hid his flank. They just all thought the ink well and quill pen patch on his bag matched what was on his pelt. And he wanted to keep it that way. It was bad enough he was kind of scrawny for a boy; so not having his mark on top of it, well made him feel really weak.

He was trotting through town, hoping that the library was open. That would be a nice quiet place to just hide out for the day. Maybe not too many other ponies went there. He had heard somepony lived in the loft of the building, but that must have meant they liked quiet places, so that wouldn't be so bad.

But as he neared it, he saw a collection of a couple other foals sitting down for a picnic. Grim froze in place, looking around for somewhere to hide. What if they saw him? What if they wanted to talk? There was more than one, and that made it a crowd, he really didn't like crowds.

'Okay... just... back up... maybe they won't notice,' he mumbled to himself.

Muse smiled at Scootaloo, "I'm Moose" he looked back to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, his ears flicked and he looked over to see another foal he didn't know, he felt kinda bad, so he started to stand up and turn around. Moose smiled toward the foal and he started a trott, "Hey" he called, but his eyes caught an all to familiar shadow right next to the new foal. "Watch out!" he screamed as he darted toward the little foal, but once his little hooves hit maybe the half way mark, there pegasus slammed his hooves on the ground and leapt over the new pony.

"Uncle Burtrum!" Moose scolded as he ran under his uncle to the new foal, "Thats not funny!" he stomped a hoof as he started to really get on to his Uncle.

Burtrum looked to his nephew "Your mom told me to come bring more food of the picnic" he stated simply before he saw the other foal, "Sorry, I didn't see you there, little guy" he said as he turned around and nudged the foal with his nose, "You okay?" he asked.

Apple Bloom heard all of the commotion and looked over as she hopped off Sweetie Belle, "Whoa, did you guys see that!" She called to the other three, "That Pegasus almost crush that pony!" she exclaimed.

Sweetie Bell let out a *squeak* as the energetic little yellow earth pony, Apple Bloom, tackled her. She laughed and wriggled, and rolled to her feet. "Hi, Apple Bloom!" she cried happily, glad to see her friend.

Then she turned to Moose and crossed her forelegs in a polite little curtsey. "And it is a pleasure to meet you, sir!" she said, trying to act all fancy like her big sister! She peered around to see if he had his cutie mark. Nodding with satisfaction, she gave a smile. "We're all working to find our cutie marks, today!"

She tromped her hooves on the ground in applause as Scootaloo delivered one of her flashy trademark entrances, but let out a dissapointed *awwww* as she saw the cookie crumbs... then cheered up at the mention. "Oh, great idea!" she said. "Or we could get some ice cream, and pour the crumbs over the ice cream! Cookie crumbs go great on ice cream!" She nodded sagely, as if imparting a great wisdom.

Her head lifted, then, and her pure, strong voice carried. "It's rude to hover around the edge of a crowd eavesdropping!" she said, quite clearly, to Grim, trying to match Rarity's voice, but her voice was too sweet to carry quite the same haughty tone. "Do you want cupcakes? We only have three, but we could cut them in half!"

"Cookie crumbs on ice cream? That's a great idea Sweetie Belle! but do we have any ice cream?" She had a puzzled look on her face trying to think of where there little ponies could get some. Before she could think about it too much a pegasus almost landed on a foal a little bit away from their picnic!

This was shaping up to be quite an adventure already "Yeah applebloom that was crazy! do you know this pony too?" Scoot said, looking at the newcomer. Scoot hurried right up to the new pony "Hey are you ok? what's your name? I'm Scootaloo and this is Moose and that is Sweetie Belle!" she said in a very bubbly and energetic tone, she was all excited from that crazy landing the pegasus just did. She looked up at the adult pegasus "That was awesome! can you teach me that trick?! Scoot had a big smile on her face.

The poor dog's ball was soon set to blaze across the sky, or atleast over several Pony's gardens much to the little canine's dismay as it went after it. Champ was in full revelry today, after a thorough fun making of that little pale pegasi punk and a few rounds of Ponyball to stretch out his limbs before he went on a stroll through Ponyville and had a further look about his new home. This place was stupid, but his dad had said there were better job opportunity's here than there were in Fillydelphia, not that he knew much about that. All he knew is that they had to move and he had to say goodbye to his pals that he'd known since he was a little foal.

And he hated that, a lot.

Flicking his hawked mane slightly he noticed the commotion infront of the library, a nerd convention, great. He was about to sidetrack around it, since he was already in such a good mood before he noticed a few familiar faces, weren't one or two of them from miss Cherilee's class? That little red head was he was sure of it, 'AppleFlume' or something. The others he'd seen now and then around the town but didn't know them. He only heard the gossip from those whinnying filly bird brains Diamond and Silver.

They never shut up. Continuing to try and sidetrack he eye'd up the treats and grinned to himself, well, atleast he could get a free meal out of this if nothing else scintilating and he slowly made his way over to the group with his head held rather high.

"Hey little girly-girls!" The overactive jock called out as he approached, uncaring of the adult's presence or unaware if they were with the foals, he was more focused on the foals themselves.

"What you got there?"

Sweetie Belle was about to react to the rest when the harsh, taunting voice cut across their discussions.

She had to act quickly. She was pretty sure Scootaloo or Apple Bloom, the tomboys they could certainly be, would respond harshly to a bully, and she didn't want their picnic ruined. So she put on a bright smile. "Oh, wonderful!" she said cheerfully, "A new friend! How lovely to meet you!" She pranced up towards him, tossed her lovely mane to her best advantage, and said, "I'm Sweetie Belle! What's your name?" Her big, wide eyes fluttered, glistening eagerly in her sincere desire to be friends.

'I...I...I...'

Grim couldn't hardly form words. He'd almost been stomped into the ground by an incoming Pegasus and the whole event left him in the middle of the attention. It was clear he was uncomfortable, his legs shook a little as he looked from one pony to the next, not sure what he should even do.

When he was nudged he just about jumped out of his pelt, but he didn't have time to react before Scootaloo was right up in his face offering an introduction. And all he could do was stare. The crowd of three he had happened upon had now doubled and that was way more than he could handle.

'Gr...Grim... Grim Tales. I'm sorry... I was... I was just going to go to... to the library.'

Oh great, now he was stuttering. Well at least he could blame that on almost being a landing pad. But he had a feeling that image would last. It was important to make a good first impression and this was hardly the kind he needed. Especially as a rather tough foal joined them as well. He knew the type, those were the boys he avoided back home, because Grim was easy pickings.

'Well I should um... I...' he just hung his head, eyes on the ground and sighed. There was no taking back his show of complete cowardice. '...go.'

Moose stood next to small foal as Scootaloo buzzed around the newcomer, Scoot turned to his uncle, but this he was already distracted but another male foal who happened by, he glared and looked to Apple Bloom. The short time they've known each other Moose already knew Apple Bloom would rather kick somepony in the mouth that be called girly-girl.

But quickly again his sort attention span pulled his notice toward Sweetie Belle, she was a darling little thing very proper for her name has she treated the intruder with courtesy. Moose was temped to go stand by her so the 'bully' wouldn't treat in a disrespectful fashion, now little Moose wouldn't stand that.

As Grim started speaking Moose looked at him "Hi, I'm Moose, and sorry bout my Uncle." he apogized, "Are you sure you don't wanna join us?" Moose noticed Grim was shaking, but he thought it was about Champ, "Don't worry about him, Apple Bloom will him" he winked to grim

Burtrum looked down at Scootaloo "Anytime, Sugarcude" he said nicely before looking again at Grim before turning and going to place his load down, he dropped his satchels next to Apple Bloom's little green ones, "I brought some fruit from Uncle Pomelo, and some chocolates and ice cream from your Moma" Burtrum said toward Moose. His ears flipped up as he looked to a blue foal, he gave a glare, he decided he'll stick around to see if Grim was alright and to watch over Champ. Burtrum wasn't the type to scold kids, but if anything got to bad, he'll go get Pomelo. Now every little misbehaving foal was afraid of Pomelo, he would nag to no end.

Burtrum opened the bags and laid down next to the blanket as he watched the foals.

Apple Bloom snapped around to Champ, "Who you callin a girly-girl!" he demanded as she stood next to Sweetie Belle, "Only girly-girl here is Sweetie Belle" she stated, she glared hard at Champ and puffed out her chest. "And If you must know we're havin a picnic" she snorted and stomped a hoof, "You be welcome to join if you act like a gentlecolt" he held her self like a proper filly, "By the my name is Apple Bloom"

"Go? Grim why would you go you just got here!"Scoot put her arm around the little foal, totally not paying attention to his awkwardness "We're having a picnic and than we're going to go on an adventure to find our special talents! Sweetie, Apple Bloom and I all don't have our cutie marks yet." She frowned a little and looked at her blank flank "Your saddlebags have a cutie mark! So you must already have yours! Maybe you can help us find ours! Tell us the whole story of how you got your cutie mark!" Scoot was going on and on like she ate a whole bag of sugar cubes for breakfast, probably because she did eat a whole bag of sugar cubes for breakfast. Scoot looked up at the adult pegasus "Any time? Awesome!" and she perked up at the mention of ice cream "Thank you! now we have something for my cookies!

As Scoot was scaring poor Grim, Sweetie Belle was talking to a very mean looking foal not too far away. Sweetie was being way too nice to this guy, considering he was clearly a meanie just trying to mess with their adventure. Keeping this in mind, Scoot let her keep being nice, Sweetie is a lot like Rarity and Scoot has seen Rarity make boys act stupid just by talking to them. That was probably exactly what Sweetie was doing.

As he drew closer, Champ picked out the easiest pickings of the bunch, that gray coloured shakey looser looked easy enough for a good laugh, so did that chocolate coloured one. Both easy punching bags if he ended up getting in an ill mood or they get in his way, or if he dang well felt like it and he would've felt like it too if not for the whizzing ball of white and pink streaked lavender that suddenly appeared infront of him. Blinking at Sweetie Belle, his ears fell back in slight confusion. He was used to little ponies trying to stick up to him like that mouthy olive coloured one, 'Apple Bloom', or whatever she said he name was. He wasn't listening. Or even being afraid or nervous around him like that gray looking nerd by that little orange filly.

But the whole friendly act just kinda put Champ in a bind. He didn't like hurting fillies, he never had, didn't even like picking on them if he had to be truthful, partially because they cried -so- much...but mostly because it didn't seem right with fillies.

He was about to answer in his usual attitude to both the little white unicorn and that loud mouthed apple kid before the glare from the older pony put him off, dangit why'd he have to be around? Ruin his image! Squaring his jaw at Burtrum defiantly as he stomped one hoof into the dirt heavily, he looked back at Sweetie Belle and grumbled. May aswell play ball till the adult's away. So raising his head he placed the best cocksure grin he had on his face in some hopes to impress these foals.

"The name's Champ, for -obvious- reasons!" Running a hoof over his hawk he looked over the picnic basket and the like before looking back to Sweetie Belle and the others. "So what exactly are you guys doin'?"

Sweetie Belle put her leg over Apple Bloom's shoulders, to calm down the excitable earth foal, but also just looking friendly and companionable as she cheerfully chirped, "We're having a special Cutie Mark Crusader picnic for the foals who don't have cutie marks! We're on a quest to try everything we can till we figure out what our special talent is!" With that she stepped away from Apple Bloom to the basket, nuzzled into it, and pulled out her special Cutie Mark Crusader Cape. With a flourish she twirled it around before her and settled it about her shoulders, posing cutely with it for Champ.

She smiles happily, and flutters her lashes again. "You must be really good at stuff if you're the Champ! And your cutie mark shows what a star you are! Can you think of anything we can try to get our cutie marks? If you figured out our special talents, you'd be our hero!"

Well so much for his attempt to leave. Grim suddenly had a leg put over his shoulders as Scootloo continued to talk to him. He only nodded to Moose after his introduction since Grim really didn't know what to say. He never knew what to say in such situations.

But then Scootaloo mentioned his bag, and he could have swore he felt all the color drain from his denim pelt. His mark? They wanted to know how he got it? He never got asked back home. They all just assumed he had it and that was that.

'My Cutie Mark?' Grim squeaked out, clearly not getting away from the whole group. He glanced back to his bag, it was still in place so his flank was covered. Could he just make up a story? He was good at writing, maybe he could just leave it at that; it wouldn't be a complete lie then at least.

'Well um... it's a ink well and a quill because... I'm... I'm good with writing.' He attempted to smile but it looked rather forced. 'Just woke up...and there it was one day... hah... not all that exciting right? Hah... hah.'

Scootaloo continued to ignore Champ, Sweetie seemed to have things under control. Scoot wanted to keep talking to Grim, he's funny! "Oh my gosh that is too exciting! how awesome was it when you woke up with your cutie mark? did you freak out? I'm totally going to freak out when I get mine! and you're a writer! Maybe you can listen to the song the cutie mark crusaders wrote! WEEEE ARE THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" and there was no getting Scoot's attention now, she was singing the entire cutie mark crusader song loudly right in Grim's face and looking very proud about it. She had no idea Grim was feeling awkward or that she was being a pain in the flank or anything. As she sang she looked to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom hoping they'd join in.

Apple Turned from Champ, and hopped over to Scootaloo "On a quest to find out who we are and we will never stop the journey, not until we have our cutie marks!" She sang along, just as loud as Scoot but in Moose's face. She threw her arm Scoot's shoulders and swayed as they sang, part way through she looked over to Sweetie Belle.

Moose's ear flipped back and she started to giggle and slightly dance along, he found all to funny. He started to sing a long, but not knowing the words he butchered it every way possible. He saw Apple Bloom look at Sweetie Belle, and he looked over to see her dance around Champ in her cape, he slowly planted his hooves and looked to his uncle.

Burtrum just gave a confused face, and he stood up and looked back at them and gave Moose a look before walking down a ways to Pomelo's house.

What in Equestria was he watching? Blinking at the two other fillies and that caramel coloured shrimp began to sing, he could only gawk at the scene before him for a few moments or two before he felt his lips quivering with a wanting snicker. Cutie Mark Crusaders? Picnic? Adventures? This was like something out of a story book...or a comedy act! While the grownup was going he felt he was about to burst and as much as he tried to hold it back, he could feel his face going a shade darker as he held it all inside of him before releasing it. He laughed.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! Wh-What is WRONG with you foals!?" He continued to laugh raucously, using one hoof to hold his belly as the stitches pinched and plucked at his sides. This was the stupidest and funniest thing he'd ever seen in his entire, short lived life and as he looked back to the group he had to wipe a tear from the corner of his eyes.

Sighing in faint relief he offered that cocksure grin to the group as one large hoof of his gently pawed the ground.

"You guys are honestly putting -all- this effort into finding your cutie mark? Pfah! It's sooooo easy!"

Sweetie Belle cringed inside as Apple Bloom looked at her pointedly. They were singing, in front of people! They were so brave... she wished she could sing in front of people, too...

But they were the Cutie Mark Crusaders! And she had to support her friends, no matter what. She stepped over to Apple Bloom and, quaking, lifted her head. No support music. No practice. No preparation. Just her voice. She took a deep breath, and only a scared squeak came out... she worked her tongue inside her dry mouth, and tried again, a tiny, tremulous note emerging from her lips, singing along with her friends timidly, her heart fluttering in her chest.

Then Champ started to roar with laughter, and even that timid voice cut off with a squeak... her eyes watered at the laughter, and the taunting insults. Her tears leaked down her cheeks, and she turned and fled, sobbing.

Scoot stopped singing, she was so angry at that mean pony! She walked right up to his face and started screaming "Wrong with US?! What is wrong with YOU? We were trying to have a good time and you came over here to ruin everything! Don't you have anything fun in your own life to do so you can stop bothering us! You are SO MEAN! Go find somepony else to be a jerk to and leave my friends alone!" She kept yelling in right in his face, she wasn't scared of him. Scoot puffed up her feathers and yelled some more about how ponies like him end up with no good friends and nopony to play with because they're so mean!

Once Scoot was done screaming turned to Apple Bloom "I'll be right back, I have to get Sweetie Belle, keep an eye on this stuff and make sure that meanie doesn't hurt anybody else"she jumped on her scooter and chased after Sweetie Belle. "Sweetie Belle! He's just a big jerk, come back you're the best singer!" Scoot was so mad!

Apple Bloom's face turned red, and her cheeks puffed out and she growled, she quietly watched Scoot leave to catch Sweetie Belle, "I told you to behave your self!" she roared as she stomped up to Champ, "Count your self uninvited to this picnic and you ada leave before you get whats coming to you!" she glared as much as her big eyes would allow and her hoof scraped the ground and she hunkered down as if ready to run him over.

Moose watched Scoot chase after Sweetie with a sad face "Poor little darling" he thought to him self, he looked down to Grim and patted him with a hoof and was about to same something. His train of thought halted once he heard Apple Bloom screaming, he looked up from Grim and right to Champ and glared, he snorted too.

Now Moose wasn't as brave as Apple Bloom, but his uncle Burtrum was right over there, then he remembered his uncle left. That gave him butterflies, a bad case to and it showed a little, but he sucked it up quick for the girls "Apple Bloom, go help with Sweetie Belle" he said normally as he stared down Champ.

Apple Bloom didnt look away from Champ "He needs a good lesson though" she huffed as she ready to charge.

Sweetie Belle didn't stop running for a bit, her little legs churning frantically as she tried to get away from the laughter, her tears streaming behind her. She ran around the library tree, trying to find someplace without ponies to see her, but then Scootaloo cut her off. Sweetie Belle backed up against the tree, sniffling, her head ducking... "S-sorry," she sniffled. She ducked her head, and tried to say more, but couldn't get the words to come out.

Normally these things would go smooth, he'd laugh, someones emotions would cripple and he'd feel better about himself, but always with fillies it felt akward and as he saw that pale little unicorn start bawling her eyes oput he soon enough felt his laughter die out to an akward drawl. Aw jeez, why did -he- always have to be the one feeling bad in these situations. Watching the snowy white foal run off he was cut off his actions first by that orange pegasus who suddenly now spoke, or rather, screamed into his face, but she ran off before he could say anything. It did rile him up though. A lot.

Feeling a frown crease his brow and his hooves agitatingly pawing the ground, he peered at the caramel coloured colt and then to the little red haired bumpkin, feeling his frustration grow far more and more with the passing words of these stupid foals.

"Hey!" He snapped rather harshly. "It aint my fault you all sound like a rusty gate when you sing, nor is it my fault this idea is the lamest thing I've ever -heard- of!"

Sneering, he glared Moose down with a slightly threatening growl from between his teeth, he wouldn't be stared down by some confectionary coloured creep nor some little brat with a ribbon. Pawing at the ground again he kicked up some dust at the pair of them, not enough to reach the eyes, but enough to make a point of how much his temper was rising.

"And by the way, Apple Worm, I wasn't invited, I was just going to snatch and grab a free meal, blame your little Belle friend for being friendly to strangers." He snorted and rose his head slightly. "Everypony knows you don't go around doin' that, she must just be dumb or fearless."

As soon as Scoot caught up with her friend she wrapped her hooves around her and gave Sweetie a big tight hug "it's ok, that pony is just mean" she said quietly, looking at Sweetie Belle with big sad eyes. "If you want, later we can sing in the tree house, we could invite Grim and Moose and not tell that jerk Champ about it" Scootaloo tried not to look upset but it was hard. Let's go back to the picnic and help Apple Bloom get rid of that mean pony so we can get back to the fun. Scoot smiled and nudged Sweetie a little bit.

Apple Bloom gasped when she heard his name fore her, "She's fearless!" she argued, "You gotta be when you wanna be nice in the world and there's rotten apples like you goin around!" she stomped her front hooves and bowed her head and charged at Champ!

Moose jumped up and caught her tail to hold her back "Don't go fighting colts, Apple Bloom" he said, she snorted and looked back at him, he gave her a stern look and he let go of her tail.

Apple Bloom gave a hurt face before she hurried off to find Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo by the library.

Moose looked at Champ "It's wrong to make fillys cry" he said as he walked up to Champ after he gave a quick glance to Grim. "Who do you think you are? Hurtin people who treat you nice" Moose's draw got thicker the angrier he got, he wasn't southern, but he inside he thought of himself as a big tough southern stallion. He got his Champ's face, "Better go say sorry to the fillys" he demanded, by this Moose grew slightly ignorant to the situation he was in; Champ was much bigger than he was after all.

But no good Southern Stallion was gonna let an outlaw pony talk that way to his fillys.

Burtrum gaited up to his front door "Pom, come help me watch Moose and his new friends!" he called into the cottage, Pomelo's head appeared, "Moose made friends?" he asked; Burtrum laughed, "He's always be a nice pony"

Pomelo pushed open the door as Burtrum back up to let him through, "He's on a picnic with five little foals! They all seemed to good together" the rainbow maned pony gestured to follow, "Five? Well, I guess it was a matter of time" Pomelo chirped as he followed his younger brother out the door.

Pomelo chattered like always and Burtrum just smiled and nodded, he stopped once he saw Apple Bloom "Sugarcube, where are you off to?" he asked as he stopped her.

Apple Bloom looked up and her eyes were watery "Champ laughed at us singing and he upset Sweetie an, an Moose wanted to clobber him!" she wailed, she was upset cause the Cutie Mark Crusader's picnic went down the drain for her.

Burtrum looked to Pomelo, who gave a blank look "Go find Sweetie, I'll get Moose" he said before dashing down the road to find his nephew.

Burtrum looked to Apple Bloom and they started off again to find Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.