[Ponyville] Cutie Mark Crusader Planning Picnic, GO!

Bramble Rose

A line had been drawn somewhere, but he wasn't particularly sure where it'd been drawn, whether it was laughing at the fillies or fanning his own anger as his loathing bubbled quietly inside himself and it reached boiling point as he saw this chocolate coloured foal get up close and personal with him. Oh no. Nuh-uh. This scrawny little geek didn't just demand something of him, who the hay did this creep think he was? A Royal Guard or something!?

Snorting in Moose's face those thick, well used hooves pawed the ground like an angered bull as he took some heavy set steps closer to the other.

"You think a little creep like you is gonna MAKE me appologise to some little fillies just because they're too sensitive?" Snapping harshly at Moose he squared his shoulders and stared the foal down. Briefly he'd glance at Grim and suddenly he felt rather rounded upon. He hated this town and these ponies, they were all so -lame- and he found his tail thrashing angrily for a few seconds as some frustrated whinny's escaped his muzzle.

"And what about YOU!?" He snapped at Grim. "You gonna make me appologise to some fillies like yer dimwitted friend here??? I'll take you BOTH on!"

Sweetie Belle gave a little sniffle, leaning into Scootaloo, tucking her head underneath Scootaloo's for a moment. She knew she should be OK, that her friend coming to comfort her should make everything better, but the fear still coursed through her. Singing in public! And being laughed at! Oooooo... how horrible! But after a couple minutes of her sides quaking, and her tears slipping down over her muzzle, she finally drew back and straightened up. "Thanks, Scootaloo," she said demurely. "I'm sorry for worrying you..."

((shoot you guys took of running while I was stuck in the car. lol))

His head was swimming. First there was a song, then crying, then yelling and now it looked like he was going to be drug into a fight. Grim's ears flattened back against his head when Champ set his eyes on him. All he wanted to do was read at the library. How did it turn sour so fast? And he was not the type to stand up to a bully, he just avoided them.

"No, but can make you apologize," A voice picked up from behind the group. Willow Wisp had woken up when her bat decided he needed something to eat. And seeing that her cousin was out, she went looking to see where he had ventured too.

"Now you better cool your hooves. Leave my cousin and his little friends alone. There is nothing wrong with them having a good time. If you think you're too cool for it, then get moving," She narrowed her eyes at Champ as she scolded. even a faint red glow coming to them.

"And if you don't want to play nice, I'm sure I could find your mother and tell her how you're picking on others."

"Wisp!" Grim ran over and stood a bit behind her. At least she was there now; he thought she was the greatest Unicorn in all of the land. And usually bullies didn't give her any guff.

((Sorry, I'm scared cause I'm about to go on a road trip and wont have acess to the internet for like week))

Apple Bloom and Burtrum arrived to the Library, "Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle" she called as she ran up and hugged her friends, "You two okay?" she asked

Burtrum trailed behind her and watched the little foals cuddle together, he frowned when he saw Sweetie Bells in tears.

Moose's ears flipped back when he heard Willow Wisp speak up, but he still stood his ground.

Pomelo appeared around a tree, but saw Willow already calming the situation, he smiled to her before coming out completely and striding up behind Champ and looking down at him.

Sweetie Belle sniffled softly, rubbing her head against her friends' necks. "Ah think so," she sniffles, giving a lil' smile, then wiping at her cheeks to try to get rid of the tear marks. "Thank you both for worrying about me... "

She shakes her head, straightens up. "We should get back to our picnic! What if that big meanie ruins the food!"

Sweetie Belle straightened her back, lifted her head, and brought her tail around to quick dab at her eyes. She took a deep breath, and then was smiling brightly again. "Right!" she said happily. "Cutie Mark Crusaders Picnic, take two!"

She gave both her friends a little nuzzle of thanks, then trotted out from behind the library, and over to the blanket in the town square. Her spurt of crying over, she was full of self-confidence again. She just wouldn't be trying to sing again. She pawed at the blanket, straightening it out, and gave it a little tug here, a little tug there. Her curly tail brushed over the top of it, getting rid of any dust that settled on it, and then she was ready to sit down.

As far as her attitude was concerned - Champ wasn't there. An adult was handling it, and that was good enough for her. Rather, *her* job was to be a proper hostess and get the picnic ready for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and those two nice boys who were standing up to the bully! The one didn't have a cutie mark, so he could even join in their cutie mark crusade, and though the other apparently had a cutie mark, he had protected the crusaders, so he could have half a cupcake, too!

delicately, she removed the cupcakes from the basket she had carried over. they were dark carrot cupcakes, with creamy off-white frosting, and topped with a little baby carrot. She also took out a small knife with her teeth, carefully cutting each of the three cupcakes in half. Half went to each of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and two halves were set aside for each of the two nice boys. The third half-cupcake was set aside just in case someone else came along!

For a moment, little Champ looked bent on charging at Moose if it weren't for a voice behind him as he turned and peered up at the dark mare with a faint blink, blind sided out of his anger if momentarily before the mother subject came up and he just stared. His mother? Yeah. His mother. Narrowing his eyes ever so slightly he barked a laugh up at the older female and even the tangerine coloured male as he puffed out his chest and tried to look as mean as he possibly could whilst biting down every urge to yell, to scream and go into a fit for mentioning the subject as he squares up his chances with the older Ponies. He doesn't stand one, but he can atleast show he doesn't care for them or their words right now.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try that, you old nag!" Came the foals harsh words, pawing at the ground uncaring if any dust went flying out from behind him. But as he opened his mouth to yell more angry, snipey little words he was interupted by a rather irritated yell from across the way of the street facing the left of the library.

"CHAMP OAKHOOF!"

The foal stopped in his tracks, ears drooping as from across the street, a darker coloured stallion trotted over heavily hoofed and glared at the young colt through small, silver rimmed half-moon glasses and a chatreuse forelock. Standing to Champ's side, he glanced at Willow and Pomelo almost appologetically, maybe even embarassment before his glare turned on the young male.

"Champ Oakhoof, are you causing trouble again?"

Champ darnright refused to answer to the stallion, squaring his jaw and facing away as he let out a loud, derisive snort at the deep aqua adult whose eyes burnt into his back with his glare.

Scoot smiled and followed her friends back to the picnic but when they got there and scoot saw all the yelling and the adults she couldn't even think about the picnic. She whispered "Sweetie Belle... maybe we shouldn't be fixing up the picnic right now, what if this gets worse?"All she could do was stand there and stare at the whole mess worried about what would happen next.

Sweetie Belle tossed her mane lightly as she continued laying out the plates and cupcakes, trying to take on Rarity's air of refinement. Unfortunately, she didn't have Rarity's air of refinement, and she was still terribly nervous, stammering out her words in a quavery voice.

"A lady does not let a ruff.. ruff... rufflemint ... a bully like him ruin her plans! She remains ... ah ... um ... poised! Even in the face of danger!"

"Old...Nag?" Wisp's right eye twitched at that comment. She was about to let to little upstart have it; how dare he so such little respect towards adults. But it seemed like someone stepped in just in time to save Champ from a thorough chewing out.

She assumed that this Stallion was probably the boy's father. He seemed a little too far in age difference to be a brother. Though he could have been a cousin like she was to Grim. "I didn't see the whole thing, but Champ, was it? Well I think he's been picking on those cute little girls over there. At least that's what I heard."

That said she looked back to her cousin hiding behind her and she turned to nose him. "You okay there, Grimmy? I saw you weren't at home so I came to see what you had wandered off to do."

"Uh... yeah... I'm okay Wisp." He seemed calmer with her around. Willow Wisp may have been his sister as close as they were.

"Well come on and introduce me to your friends. I'm glad to see you meeting up with other foals your age." She nudged him along over to the blanket and then smiled. "Hello girls. Looks like a nice little picnic you're setting up. Thanks for inviting Grimmy."

Sweetie Belle smiled happily at Scootaloo's support. Somehow, she always felt better, braver, when Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were around, and helping. She still felt scared, and worried, but she could deal with it.

She smiled up to the mare who brought Grim up to them. "Oh, well, it wasn't so much 'invited' as he happened along! We're planning how to get our cutie marks, and he doesn't really need to worry about that, but he certainly can have half of one of our cupcakes for helping us out and being so brave against that big bully! There's always plenty to share!"

She let out a bright and happy smile directed towards Grim, the little white unicorn always happy to meet new friends. "And besides, my big sister says that a proper lady is always ready to act as hostess to any guest who might come along!"

"A proper hostess hmm?" Wisp smiled. "Well I think you would do your sister proud then. You seem to be doing a nice job with hosting. It's very nice of you to invite others to join you even if you don't know them."

She gave Grim another little nudge towards the blanket. "I just moved into town and my cousin was sent to live with me for awhile. But Grimmy here is pretty shy. So I'm happy some nice foals like yourselves have asked him to play with you."

"But..." Grim looked down a little. They were calling him brave and offering him a snack. But he didn't do anything. And they thought he had his Cutie Mark too. Well of course he didn't tell them otherwise. In fact he played along and told Scootaloo he did have it. But it was making him feel bad now. He knew his cousin wouldn't spoil his secret.

"Now Grimmy, don't be so shy. Most boys would give their front hoof to be invited to a picnic by some cute fillies." Wisp laughed lightly.

"Wisp.... stop it..." Grim looked down. "You're embarrassing me..."

The Unicorn rolled her eyes and looked back to Sweetie and Scoots. "Planning to get your Cutie Marks huh? Well you can't rush those things, but I suppose looking doesn't hurt. What are you girls good at? Surely you have some skills you're figuring out."

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle smiled happily to Willow Wisp. "Oh, well, we'll be sure to play nice! We're planning on making cookies today... then eating cookies... oh, there's so many things to try! But I already know what my cutie mark is going to involve, even though I'm trying all this other stuff! I'm gonna get a cutie mark to do with fashion and being a lady, so I can help my Big Sister Rarity in her botique!"