Hello!

Thunder Boomer

Greetings everypony!

I'm 25, and a female (Even though my favoritist pony OC is male. I blame that on not enough boy ponies to go around when I was little.) I'm a pony collector that also enjoys comics, anime, video games an' you know, the usual junk. I actually left the MLP fandom long ago. I still collected occasionally, my love for toys kept me doing that, but the forums and superfans were just too much.

A friend of mine showed me FIM quite some time ago. I wasn't so sure about it at first. Because, for all the nostalgia, the original MLP cartoons were admittedly terrible and the newer straight-to-dvd movies Hasbro has put out previous to FIM have been even worse. Buuuuuuut . . . after the first episode I couldn't stop watching it for some reason. I found out a short time later when I researched it, that Lauren Faust was the creator and THAT made sense. I've been a fan of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's since ever.

Well, anyway. I've been lurking around chans and a bunch of brony sites for a long time. I figured I figured I should join a forum so I be around likeminded people and didn't have to argue with "purists" on deviant art that poo-poo about how the new style isn't the 80's style when they clearly have never watched an episode.

Welcome to the forums Thunder Boomer! Your among fellow fans here :3 I did a fair share of lurking around chans and Equestria Daily before winding up here; but since I discovered the boards they have become the core of my pony-fix every day. We have a lot of members and activity on the site, from everything pony to art, writing, and RP.

Before you can post in any of the other forums though, you'll have to get your post count up to 5+ here in the introductions section. So feel free to welcome other members, take a peek at other introduction threads if you haven't already, or tell us more about yourself :3

If you have any questions or concerns about what is allowed on the board you can check out our rules page.

If your interested in roleplaying your OC characters here on the forums, we have some good resources for you! If you are still designing them, I would recommended taking a look at the free templates and tools we have available to you here, and when you have your design and characters ready to go take a look at the application form, and make sure to fill it out and submit it for approval so that you can join in on the RP!

Its good to have you on board, welcome again, I look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Hehe, I've never even seen screenshots of the original cartoon but when I saw the first episode of FiM, was hooked! Even though the second episode made me go "huh?" I love Lauren Faust's humor that she brought into the show from Power Puff Girls and Foster's. Those were two of my favorite shows too.

But yeah, welcome! Bring on the male OC ponies!

Hehe, I've never even seen screenshots of the original cartoon but when I saw the first episode of FiM, was hooked! Even though the second episode made me go "huh?" I love Lauren Faust's humor that she brought into the show from Power Puff Girls and Foster's. Those were two of my favorite shows too.

But yeah, welcome! Bring on the male OC ponies!

Yeah, the animation quality of the original series is absolutely terrible and the writing can be painful at times. I still enjoy the movie though, that holds fond memories. You can find some of that old stuff on youtube if you dig.

Hey Thunder,

Cool OC. Can't wait to see more details on him.

Hey, thanks!

Greetings everypony!

I'm 25, and a female (Even though my favoritist pony OC is male. I blame that on not enough boy ponies to go around when I was little.) I'm a pony collector that also enjoys comics, anime, video games an' you know, the usual junk. I actually left the MLP fandom long ago. I still collected occasionally, my love for toys kept me doing that, but the forums and superfans were just too much.

A friend of mine showed me FIM quite some time ago. I wasn't so sure about it at first. Because, for all the nostalgia, the original MLP cartoons were admittedly terrible and the newer straight-to-dvd movies Hasbro has put out previous to FIM have been even worse. Buuuuuuut . . . after the first episode I couldn't stop watching it for some reason. I found out a short time later when I researched it, that Lauren Faust was the creator and THAT made sense. I've been a fan of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's since ever.

Cool, I like comics and Anime too. Also do some gaming. I wasn't sure about FiM at first either. I enjoyed the cartoons as a kid, but I had seen some of the G3 videos...

When I first saw the series, the animation did remind me of PPG, and the show just looked like the Cartoon Network style. Did you also know the voice actor for Bubbles is the same as Twilight Sparkle?