Best Kind of Mix 2: the Replay

SunsetSombra

The walk had been a pleasant one, and Vinyl found herself feeling that it was a fitting end to such a great night out with this rather cute pegasus - what they'd been through together tonight had been a mix of interesting revelations and new feelings for the both of them, and she wasn't really sure she was ready for it to end. Still, considering everything...she was still glad to have had even what they'd had - and knowing that Ace was to be redeployed didn't make the goodbye easy.

And his asking her to not forget about him was essentially a silly question - after all, he'd just moments ago promised to write...she smiles, floating over a small scrap of paper and a quill, jotting down a couple of addresses for the pony. " I stay at these addresses in manehattan, canterlot an' Ponyville. I should be at each of these for a little bit...I'll let you know where I am, so you won't be sendin' replies to dead air - and I promise t'reply as soon as I can! "

She pauses to clear her throat slightly - geez, it wasn't often the white unicorn felt a little misty eyed, and she couldn't help but wipe away a small droplet from behind her shades. She was feeling a little ruffled and fuzzy about just what everything was going to mean from hereon in - they could hardly just go back to being 'detached' about things now, as it was clear that the feelings between them had flourished during their times together.

" well, Ace - in...in a situation like this, I'm not really fond of using goodbye! " She says softly, placing a light kiss on the tip of his muzzle and raising an eyebrow as she chuckles softly.

" I'd prefer to say...see ya later - 'cause I know we'll definitely cross paths again, Ace! "

The unicorn mare takes a moment to give the scrap of paper floating before her a playful kiss before floating it into Ace's saddlebag for him.

" Just...take care of yourself out there, okay? " She asks the pegasus sincerely, nudging her glasses gently back up against their normal resting place, flicking a few flecks of mane out of the way - she was beginning to feel the wear and tear of the night, and suddenly just found herself wanting to curl up in bed after they were done here - it was all well and good to have a good, emotionally fulfilling night...but when it was coupled with the knowledge that one of the reasons for such a good night was also going to be distinctly out of communication for a good proportion of time, well it was just too mentally exhausting for words.

" Look after yourself, Ace - I'll probably be at this hotel for the next week, so if you feel like...well, sending a letter, that'd be a good time! " she says, brushing a hoof through her hair before glancing over to the receptionist, nodding before making a request for her keys. Looking for the last time back at the Pegasus, she smiles and rests a hoof on his cheek gently - she just wanted to carry a mental visual of the moment with her for a while, a little something to just remember tonight with.

" I've really enjoyed tonight - thanks for, y'know, taking the chance t'open up...I had fun! "

She turns around and hums softly to herself as she slowly makes her way to the staircase...wiggling her flank playfully at ace as she walked away - knowing that the normally adamantly composed pony would no doubt find himself enjoying the view - she giggles slightly to herself as she disappears out of view and up the stairs.

Sometimes, she mused to herself as she journeyed back to her room, the best kind of mix was the one you least would have expected

To be continued in: 'Best Kind of Mix: Correspondence'

Edited by Robikku Pegasus