Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

Pegasi, Unicorns, Earth Ponies, Hippocampi-

Cute Mark(ex): Each pony has a cutie mark that helps define them. At character creation, the player can choose any one skill, profession, knowledge, or craft. The cutie mark gives a +2 extraordinary bonus to that skill.

Unicorns-

Magic Tricks(Sp): All unicorns can use Mage hand at will, and can cast light three times per day, as a spell like ability.

Griffins-

Blowhard(Ex): Griffins are great at throwing their weight around, and can use their larger size to gain a +2 intimidate bonus to any smaller size creature.

Hippocampi-

Earth Pony form(Ex): If a Hippocampi consumes water, they can choose to grow legs and move as if they were an earth pony. This effect lasts for 24 hours, or until the hippocampi chooses to revert back to its aquatic form.

Acquatic form(Ex): A hippocampi has a swim speed of 40ft, doesn't have to make swim checks when swimming, and can breathe water as long as they aren't under the effects of Earth Pony form.

Approved, as changed above.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww...I need one of Rarity's fainting couches. I desperately want to play in this game, but just cannot make the time commitment for chat. *Puts hoof to brow, attempts to look noble and martyr-like while violins play* I suppose I shall simply have to withdraw.

Best of luck to everypony involved. Have a total blast!

Aww...I need one of Rarity's fainting couches. I desperately want to play in this game, but just cannot make the time commitment for chat. *Puts hoof to brow, attempts to look noble and martyr-like while violins play* I suppose I shall simply have to withdraw.

Best of luck to everypony involved. Have a total blast!

It will be a combination of forums and chat. Combat will take place in chat, regular roleplaying will take place in forums. So at most there might be one time every week or two that you might have to get onto the chat.

Okay. I'm trying to write now but in the process of asking myself questions about my character, I'm asking questions about the setting. Mainly the world you're building.

How MUCH like FIM is it? How MUCH like insert-fantasy-realm-here is it? There is, in fact, a glorious golden palace where the Godesses of Sun and Moon reside? What of the tale of Nightmare Moon? The Elements of Harmony are well known? The holiday of Hearths Warming? What's the state of affairs in every little village the further you travel away from Canterlot? Heck, how much of standard ponidom is clothed? Inquiring minds need to know!

It will be a combination of forums and chat. Combat will take place in chat, regular roleplaying will take place in forums. So at most there might be one time every week or two that you might have to get onto the chat.

Yes! Somehow I missed that. Thank you very much. I'll have a character in before next week, if that suits?

For my part, I'm working on a unicorn paladin.

Name:

Ironmane

Sex:

Female

Mare

Species:

Unicorn

Pelt Color:

Brownish-red

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Iron-grey, with platinum highlights, kept short and functional.

Eye Color:

Deep purple

Cutie Mark:

A rose surrounded by a circle of thorny vine.

Physique:

Athletic and muscular, but not overbuilt. Tall, and a little imposing, she tries to keep her head a bit lower and her voice a bit softer than other ponies, so as not to frighten other ponies unnecessarily.

Origin:

Fort Shieldheart, a garrison town a few days from Canterlot.

Roleplay Type:

Dungeons and Ponies!

Paladin

Motivation:

It is the duty of the strong to protect the weak.”

Gardening, good cider, good bread, warm sun, and a soft bed.

Dislikes:

Seeing the weak or innocent suffer, violence.

Character Summary:

Ironmane got her cutie mark at a very early age, one of the first in her peer-group to do so. A pair of young colts were demanding something of a foal—she doesn't remember what—and the foal, a tiny golden-maned filly, was struggling not to cry but refusing to back down. Ironmane was baffled by what she was seeing: the big ponies were being so mean, and the little one had done nothing to make them mad. It was her first glimpse of unjustified cruelty, and while it was totally outside her experience, she knew she didn't like it.

The one of the colts pushed the filly down, laughing. In a sudden stroke of realization, Ironmane saw that what they wanted was to make the little foal cry, to take something from her. Ironmane couldn't name what it was, but she knew it didn't belong to the stallions.

It was wrong.

Something lit inside Ironmane, and she charged, fire in her eyes. Her cutiemark appeared in that moment, though she didn't know it: a beautiful rose, surrounded by a protective circle of thorns. The colts were much older than Ironmane, but not much bigger. In a second, one was down, and the other was staring up at a vision of righteous fury, backlit by the sun, her forehooves punching the air above him. Both bullies ran as fast as their legs could carry them, and Ironmane helped the other foal up.

From that day on, Ironmane stood against bullies wherever she could find them. Initial successes fueled and increasingly fearlessness. As she got a bit older, she began to realize it wasn't just bullying that drove her to fight against it, but all forms of injustice. Her size and strength had always served her well in her fights against these things, and she took naturally to the way of the warrior to further her quest to defend those who could not do it themselves, and to balance the scales of the world as best she could.

Ironmane's problem is that she tends to think she has to take on every problem. She hasn't fully realized that sometimes it's best to let some injustices go, or to pick one's battles. Largely this is because she hasn't suffered many defeats yet, and those she has suffered haven't really sunk in. It's going to be a hard lesson for the mare to learn, but she'll be the stronger for it when she does.

Str: 15........................................+2

Int: 12.........................................+1

Wis: 10.........................................+0

Dex: 8..........................................-1

Con: 14 (inlc. -2 from Unicorn/+1 from lvl 4)...+1

Cha: 15 (incl. +2 from Unicorn).................+2

HP: 38

BAB: +3(incl -1 from dex)

AC: 18 10(base) -1(dex) +9(armor)

Init: -1

Fort: +7 Ref: +2 Will: +6

Paladin Abilities:

Smite Evil (Swift, sight, 2/day, no DR for target, +cha bonus to attacks and AC, +pal lvl to dmg)

Aura of Good (Moderate)

Detect Evil (60ft, 40min)

Divine Grace (Cha bonus to saving throws—included)

Lay on Hooves (Standard or swift, others or self, 4/day, 2d6. Can also damage undead)

Aura of Courage (Immune to fear. Allies within 10 get +4 vs fear effects)

Divine Health (Immune to all diseases, incl supernatural diseases)

Mercy (Lay on hooves removes 'sickened')

Channel Positive Energy (uses 2 lay on hooves, 30' radius, 2d6 heal or damage to undead

Skills:

Craft(Armorer).........1+1

Diplomacy..............2+2

Handle Animal..........1+2

Heal...................3+0

Profession(Gardener)...1+1 (+2 from cutie mark)

Knowledge(Nobility)....1+1

Knowledge(Religion)....1+1

Sense Motive...........1+0

Spellcraft.............1+1

Feats:

Radiant Charge: When you hit with a charge attack, you can expend all of your remaining uses of lay on hooves to deal extra damage equal to 1d6 per use expended + your Charisma bonus (2). This damage comes from holy power and is not subject to damage reduction energy immunities, or energy resistances.

Charge of the Righteous: When you charge an undead creature or an evil outsider you do not take the –2 penalty for charging.

Weapons & Equipment: 6,000 Celestian GP

Masterworked Armored Hoofguards 308 GP/308 spent

Masterworked Full Plate 1650 GP/1958 spent

Masterworked Saddle Bags 100 GP/2058 spent

Silver Holy Symbol 25 GP/2083 spent

Healer's Kit 50 GP/2133 spent

50 ft of Silk Rope 50/2183 spent

2 Bloodblock Vials 50 GP/2233 spent

2 Bodybalm Tins 50 GP/2283 spent

2 Antiplague Vials 100 GP/2383 spent

2 Antitoxin Vials 100 GP/2383 spent

Smelling Salts 25 GP/2408 spent

Waterskin 1GP/2409 spent

Flint and Steel 1 GP/2410 spent

410 GP Traveling expenses

Remaining money donated to the Order and other causes.

Sorceror or maybe Druid.

I think I might use Bitterweed, the pony that I adopted from Angie Cakes.

gallery_473_102_126386.png

With the poison joke cutie mark I'm leaning towards either a Sorc that uses mainly debuff spells as poison joke style "curses" (i.e. Reduce Person Pony on Applejack, something that lowers Dex on Rainbow Dash, etc.) or simply going for a Druid that focuses on plants and poisons over animals. Both fairly debuff-ish, though a Sorc could maybe double as a blaster (I'm looking at Earth element bloodline for acid damage attacks, refluffed as virulent poisons) while the druid could be a healer or a frontline fighter. I'll think about it over the weekend.

Int: 12.........................................+1

Wis: 10.........................................+0

Dex: 8...........................................-1

Con: 13 (inlc. -2 from Unicorn)..+1

Cha: 15 (incl. +2 from Unicorn)..+2

It's better formatted when you use the Courier New Font, as Courier new has even spacing for every letter. Also, you need to add your modifiers to relevant skills.

STR ?? +?

DEX 08 -1

CON 13 +1

INT 12 +1

WIS 10 +0

CHA 15 +2

Craft (Armor)...................1

Diplomacy........................2

Handle Animal.................1

Heal..................................3

Knowledge (nobility).......1

Knowledge (religion).......1

Profession (Gardener)......1

Sense Motive....................1

Spellcraft..........................1

Craft(Armorer) 1+1

Diplomacy 2+2

Handle Animal 1+2

Heal 3+0

Profession(Gardener) 1+1

Knowledge(Nobility) 1+1

Knowledge(Religion) 1+1

Sense Motive 1+0

Spellcraft 1+1

I cannot seem to find my 3.5 and 4 handbooks D: I'm trying to use the wiki as best I can but... I'm wondering if I should just leave and save time for everypony I'm pretty sure once I'm past the character stage, I'll be fine. Perhaps someone could help me in the chat. I already know I'm creating a marshal as my paragon path? (I believe thats the term D:) or is that an actual base class? Just these little things would be a big help, however I will drop out if asked to.

Archived