Sepia Veterinae [Final]

Haserman

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Sepia 'Doc' Veterinae

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Bright green (00FF00)

Coat Color: Dark khaki (BDB76B)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Dark brown short cut but still messy mane (BDB76B)

Physique: Average height but is somewhat chubby but not unhealthily

Cutie Mark: Typical vet symbol, much like this one but without the background or the ring

Origin/Residence: The foothills, Solstice Heights

Occupation: Veterinarian and owns his own clinic in Solstice Heights

Motivation: Helping other ponies as well as animals and being as eccentric as possible

Likes: Animals of all kinds but in particular dogs, happy customers and playing pranks on unsuspecting customers

Dislikes: Scratchy cats, moody animals, people calling him 'Doctor' or 'Doc' and serious ponies

Character Summary:

-History:

Grew up in Solstice heights and still continues to live in the same city, had a number of pets while growing up after he had found his special talent ranging from dogs to fish to cats to birds. Now lives in his clinic in a cornered off area inside so if the need arises he can be close to the animals under his care to look after them.

-Cutie Mark Story:

On a cold winters day young colt Sepia wandered the fields, enjoying the crisp clean air and the crunch of the snow under hoof. Sepia like yesterday and the day before was enjoying his carefree life during the magical time during the school holidays, the time of year when the work was minimal and the days were filled with excitement. But alas for young Sepia being an only colt he was lonely both his parents worked during the days and he was left at home alone. During these days filled with boredom and loneliness Sepia would either waste time perfecting a prank to perform on his next victim or spend his days outside walking around. So on one of these lonesome days Sepia found a small bird no bigger than his hoof under a snow laden tree, shivering the bird sat there huddling trying to find any scraps of warmth. Its wing lay limp by its side contorted in an unnatural angle, young Sepia spotted this bird and slowly made his way up to the tree out of curiosity. Slowly and carefully Sepia made his way up to the tree doing his best not to frighten the bird, when eventually he had reached the tree he noticed the bird's condition. In an act of compassion Sepia picked up the bird gingerly and wrapped it up in his scarf, "Don't worry it will be alright, I'll take you home and make you feel all better" Sepia cooed as he started to make his way back home with his new friend wrapped on his back. After arriving home Sepia immediately went to work on warming the bird up and general care of it, after many days of care and sleepless nights the small Bluebird started to walk around and chirp around. As Sepia watched 'Twitter' walk around he smiled to himself knowing that he had helped save that birds life, it wasn't until his parents had come home that night and pointed out the new addition to his flank that he noticed it, he had finally found his special talent. Twitter still with a permanently broken wing was unofficially adopted by Sepia and was his first of many pets to come, Twitter still lives with Sepia and occasionally 'helps' around the clinic and is always a constant reminder of why he's a Vet.

-Personality:

Sepia can be a slight bit overwhelming to new people due to some of eccentricities, he is known to try to put a smile on anypony's face but is prone to pulling a few pranks on unsuspecting victi ... customers. Most pranks although harmless are met with mixed results but none are too devastating and most just foalish pranks (bucket of water above door etc.) Sepia is always happy to help out but when overwhelmed is prone to panic attacks and rash decisions. Known through Solstice Heights for his hooves on approach with dealing with animals, preferring the use of his hooves wherever possible saying that 'it calms the animals down and it just all round seems more caring'.

Edited by Haserman

Are you a James Herriott fan?

A few comments, suggestions and questions: First his name, at first I thought he was going to be a war veteran. May I suggest Veterinae? It flows better with Sepia, and actually is just the latin word that Veterinarian is based on (it means something to the effect of working animals)

Why is he such a cut-up? What kind of pranks does he pull on his clients? Does his unicorn magic help healing the animals in any way, besides the advantage of being able to levitate bandages and possibly telekinetically hold broken bones in place while they are being set? (I kind of liked that it wasn't the emphasis on his character, that he still did a lot of the physical nurturing)

Are you a James Herriott fan?

A few comments, suggestions and questions: First his name, at first I thought he was going to be a war veteran. May I suggest Veterinae? It flows better with Sepia, and actually is just the latin word that Veterinarian is based on (it means something to the effect of working animals)

Why is he such a cut-up? What kind of pranks does he pull on his clients? Does his unicorn magic help healing the animals in any way, besides the advantage of being able to levitate bandages and possibly telekinetically hold broken bones in place while they are being set? (I kind of liked that it wasn't the emphasis on his character, that he still did a lot of the physical nurturing)

Ok thanks, for the suggestions I'll start working on it now. Also super thanks on the name I always suck at coming up with good pony names guess it has to do with me being the least creative person in the universe but any thanks I'll work on it now

Also yeah I guess you can sort of call me a James Herriott fan but I mainly love animals and may someday become a vet (depends really)