Discoverer

janglehooves

Wow, a couple of weeks ago I never thought I'd be registering on a MLP forum but here goes! Being both 33 years old and male I still can't quite figure out how I came to be here but it's been a wonderful journey so far... :D

I discovered MLP FiM through the recommendations of a couple of friends in another fandom. I'd seen ponies appearing in various places on the internet so I was dimly aware that this new show was attracting a following but I figured it wouldn't be something that would appeal to me. However, having been informed that it was awesome, I grudgingly decided to check it out. So I fire up the first episode thinking "Yeah, here we go, it's just going to be a bunch of colourful ponies prancing around the place"...which it was (to an extent :D )...and I still couldn't wait to watch the next episode... So what I discovered were wonderfully strong characters with real depth, inventive and detailed animation, intelligent and very funny writing and speaking as a (very) amateur musician, brilliant songs.

I'm also really digging the fandom, one of the most positive groups of people I've seen emerge from the net in a long time.

So that's my story, I hope you will accept me in the herd.

Welcome to the Equestria Forums!

You are certainly among friends here; and many of us share a very similar story, finding that our wary disbelief gives away to the disbelief of how enthralling ponies can apparently be. I'm glad to see you found your way here, and personally look forward to seeing you around the forums :}

A good place to start is exactly where your at- here in the introductions. Take a few minutes and hop around introducing yourself to others, and welcoming them as well, or feel free to tell us more about yourself here. Once your up to 5+ posts, the rest of the board opens up to you to post in; and we have quite a bit going on here!

There are also some helpful links in my signature that point to the rules of the board (always a satisfying read over muffins and a latte), and a link to our character creation forum, where you can find some resources to help you create you own character if you wish to RP here on the forums.

Wherever you decide to get settled in, whether one corner, or all over the place, know that your welcome and we're happy to have you.

Welcome to the herd Rickenpony!

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this for a change of username. Rickenpony was something of a placeholder until I came up with something more better...which I didn't...so I went with Janglehooves. It's a bit of a callback to a username I used in another fandom and it reflects my strange obsession with Rickenbacker guitars... Now if I could just figure out how to play a 12-string with these hooves...