[Manehatten] The First Appearance of Nighthoof [Closed]

Neoniie

Neon Stargazer nearly cantered out of the small kitchen that took up about a quarter of his family's Manehatten apartment. He had just finished unpacking the last of his belongings and had been forced to endure both a gruelling first day at school and an agonizingly slow dinner. He was almost vibrating with excitement, unable to contain both his apprehension and his joy.

For tonight was the night that Nighthoof, Defender of the Weak, would be revealed to all of Manehatten under the shadow of Luna's wonderful night.

Nighthoof hadn't had much of a job to do in the peaceful city of Filydelphia, where Neon and his family used to live. But, here in Manehatten, he would become the scourge of the scary, the bane of the bad, the terror of the terrible, and the defeater of the dastardly! However, a quick look at the pile of papers on his bedside table reminded Neon that even the colt moonlighting as a totally awesome superhero had to get their work done.

This is so...not awesome, Neon thought with a bored sigh. If I don't do it though, my dad will totally ground me. Ugh, why can't Nighthoof be the destroyer of homework too?

As Neon managed to finish his schoolwork, the moon started to reach the peak of its nightly arc. It's now or never, let's do this! Running over to his closet, Neon fished around for the box that contained his superhero costume. He hid it near the back so that nopony could find it, even if they did manage to brave the horror of his closet. Triumphantly, he withdrew a black cape, eye mask, and a uniform that covered the entirety of his yellow body – complete with a fake cutie mark that matched his eyewear.

He put on the dark costume quickly, leaving the whites of his chocolate brown eyes as the only source of illumination. Once he'd finished tying a knot on his cape so that it lay correctly upon his shoulders, he jumped atop the botton of the windowpane. With one last look at his room, Nighthoof slipped out the window of the apartment and out onto the roof of Manehatten. The colt superhero only had one thing on his mind: Let's find some ponies to save!

• 4 weeks later...

It was a rather peaceful night as PaintedWings trotted along the sidewalks of Manehatten, the first night since her 'incident' that she went out alone. The older filly had finished her daily duties at home she ran them through her head just in case before she got too far from from home. "First I did my school work, then I did my deliveries for Ms. CookieSweets, I made sure my room was nice and tidy. . . . and I told Ms. CookieSweets I would be out for a while." she nodded approvingly to herself as she also did a mental note of whats in her saddlebag. 'Sketch book, coloured pencils and paint brushes are in the left saddle bag. Bag of bits, which should carry at least 20 bits, and a box of cookies from Ms. Sweets kitchen'

Just as Painted finished making a mental note of everything important she noticed a shadow that seemed to look.... pony shaped! The filly tried to stifle her rising panic as she looked up and noticed it was just a colt and an Earth Pony at that. She let go of the breath she didn't know that she was holding, fear was soon replaced with curiosity as the young pegasus wondered what this colt was doing dressed up like some sort of super hero. She opened her wings and flew after the mysterious colt trying to catch up to him "E-excuse me!" she called to him in hopes of gaining his attention.

It was really Neon's favourite time of day, nighttime. He felt so much more free under the cover of darkness and the city itself had a more mysterious quality to it. He remembered his first few nights as Nighthoof and the rather painful experience of learning how to leap across the buildings properly. It was certainly an aquired skill for the Earth Pony, as he had no wings to ensure the absence of a nasty fall. However, it had eventually gotten a somewhat shaky hold upon the ability. The gaps were slightly farther apart in Manehatten, which made this first night out a more difficult experience than usual.

He had just taken his first steps into the jump when a voice interrupted his movements. Nearly making a temporary head-to-roof fall, the caped colt managed to catch himself as he toppled off balance. Thank Celestia that I caught that. I wouldn't want to be seeming foalish on only my first night here. Neon turned his muzzle toward the creator of the voice, a creamy brown pegasus. She was a filly, about his age, which made him feel less concerned about his blunder earlier. The Earth Pony cleared his throat quietly, "Yes, miss? How may I, the great Nighthoof, be of service?" He attempted to keep the excitement out of his voice, knowing that he needed to seem professional if this was somepony who was in danger.

The professional tone was something PaintedWing did not expect especially from a colt her age playing super hero. She bowed politely to Nighthoof before introducing herself "My name is PaintedWings and I was just curious as to what you were doing, Nighthoof. How long have you be around here? I haven't see you here before especially the night I was. . . " she couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence due to the memories it would bring back. She shook her head lightly as if trying to dislodge the bad thoughts from her mind. "Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you."

She reached into her saddlebag to pull out a box the smell of freshly baked cookies came strongly from it, Painted set it on the ground. "I don't know if you're busy or not right now, but I would love to get to know you better and I even have cookies! Fresh baked too!"

Cellar Cask wandered about the tall buildings of Manehattan, admiring the city in the depths of night. He had finished the night at the restaurant with some criticisms from customers; many of them complained that their meal had too much chilli in it. However, the week previously, Cask could swear he remembered the same ponies complaining that there wasn't enough chilli in the dish. He sighed. Customers... they're so very- he struggled to find the right word, temperamental.

It would be a long day the next day, with the restaurant being open for a convention for the most part of the afternoon; however, his insomnia prevented him from sleeping and getting the rest he needed. He had left his apartment and started wandering the streets to clear his mind. Looking up, he saw the moon at its zenith - maybe 2 in the morning? - and surprisingly bright for such a dense urban atmosphere. Cask turned a corner and saw a filly offering a colt a box of something. The colt seemed to be excited, but it quickly faded as Cask approached. He passed the two youths with a mumbled "Evening" and smelled the distinct scent of cookies among them.

Cask was about halfway down the street before he realised that going for a walk was an extremely bad idea at this time of night. Instead of feeling tired but unable to sleep, Cask quickly realised that he was feeling extremely lethargic and his hooves were becoming heavy. Oh, Celestia, please no! he pleaded with his body. However, it was all for nought and soon he had fallen onto the sidewalk and was sleeping peacefully on the cold concrete.

[EDIT OOC: Oh dear, it seems I got in before you, Neoniie. I think this may still work after your own post, though...]

Neon looked curiously at the filly, her bow catching him off guard. He wasn't sure exactly how to respond, so he copied the respectful tilt of the head that he had seen his parents use before. PaintedWings, huh? I wonder if I've seen her before. We do probably go to the same school, after all. He quickly focused himself, however, and answered PaintedWings. "I arrived in Manehatten recently. Before, I defended the streets of Fillydelphia. My par- I mean, my duty called me to this city." Neon had to resist the urge to bonk himself on the head. He wasn't used to being Nighthoof around ponies his own age and it was causing him to slip up.

Her caught the pegasus' abrupt ending of her words and shake of her head, but he thought better of bringing up the subject. "And I, you." He had noticed the improving in his superhero voice ever since his parents had taught him Manehatten ettiquite. He just had to add in a bit of formality and already he sounded more professional than his actual amateur superheroing was. When he saw the cookies, the colt couldn't help but have his attention drawn to the box. It has been a slow night, he thought. I can spare a while. He smiled a bit too widely, but caught himself before it became noticeable. "Why not? I think I have some time."

However, he noticed that the hoofbeats of the stallion who passed them a few moments earlier had stopped. Neon was a bit incompetent, but he knew that something was amiss. With a urgent look toward PaintedWings, he dashed off down the street. When he reached the stallion, it seemed as though he had collapsed on the concrete. Unfortunately, Nighthoof was still just Neon and he had no idea about what to do in this situation. He turned back to Painted with a slightly pleading expression. He knew it probably diminished his superhero rep, but Neon figured that it was better to take a tiny blow to his pride if it could shead some light on the situation. Besides, he could tell that she knew he was not exactly a powerful stallion, as much as he tried to look the part.

"Move here from Fillydelphia huh? Not too enough crime for your superheroing heart?" PaintedWings asked in a part serious and part playful manner. She picked up one of the warm chocolate chip cookies and munched on it as she listened to the crusader talk. She noticed that the colt had a hard time separating talking like a super hero and talking like young pony and when he caught himself it made him flustered, Painted giggled at it because it seemed cute. The young pegasus hoped to learn his true identity so she could look out for him at school tomorrow, 'If he seemed this fun as a super hero maybe he's just as fun as a normal pony!' she thought happily.

A young stallion trotted past the duo and gave a small nod PaintedWings nodded back and mutter a small "Evening" as he passed by. Just she was passing the box of cookies towards Nighthoof the stallion suddenly collapsed! She stole a glance in Nighthoof's direction but already noticed that he was right by his side giving her a pleading look. Putting the box back into her saddlebag the pegasus flew over to the stallion's other side panic rising in her chest "Wh-what happened to him? Should we go get some help or what?" she barely able to contain her fear.

Cask was sleeping a dreamless, peaceful sleep.

Somewhere distant, he registered a cry of shock. The voices of two younger ponies hovered above his head, asking what to do and worrying about current situation. All he wanted to do was open his eyes and tell them that he was fine; just having a nap. As it was, Cask had no ability to do anything of the sort. Bless them, he thought, they actually care about a stranger like me. As Cask's dreams re-entered his mind, his conscious thoughts started slipping away from him.

[OOC: Sorry I couldn't do much in this post. Rest assured that Cask should wake up within an hour or less, depending on what the others do.]

Neon spluttered, not really sure how to proceed. He needed to do something, but what exactly they ought to do was beyond him. He was just a colt underneath the superhero persona, after all. The Earth Pony didn't want to worry PaintedWings any further than she already seemed to be, so he took a deep breath before answering. Don't worry Neon, you can do this. "I don't know," he admitted, knowing that such an answer was not the best way to reassure somepony that he knew what he was doing. "But we cannot leave him on the streets in this condition," he added a bit more of his 'Nighthoof words', remembering that he was supposed to be in superhero mode.

He scanned the area, trying to pick out some area that seemed suitable. He noticed the steps of a nearby shop of some sort were still lit at this hour. It's this or the roof, he supposed. As he knew that even with the wings of a pegasus. Painted would have a hard time lifting a fully-grown pony, it did seem to be the only option. "We should try to move him over there for now." He put his hoof under the pony and hauled him to his hooves gently. Or as close to standing as a fainted pony could get, anyhow. He questioned moving the pony for a moment, but even if they did get help, it would take a while to arrive and sitting in the street wouldn't do. He slowly began toward the steps, his steps shaky from her weight of a stallion added to his own.

Zephyr Breeze slowly trotted down the empty sidewalk, the patter of his hooves melding into the steady noise of the city around him. It was dark, and it was rather empty, yet Manehattan still seemed alive, a gentle hum of activity still lingering. It was one of the few things Breeze liked about his home.

Breeze winced as the bucket he carried in his mouth struck the edge of an uneven panel of sidewalk, the metal’s sudden vibration causing his jaw to burst into a sudden aching pain. He quickly dropped the bucket, the bits he'd earned for his extra work crying out as they bounced withing, and raised a hoof to massage his jaw. “Ain’t this just how these days go…? Doin’ one good thin’ just makes the rest of the day harder.” He’d worked overtime at the wind farm today. There were few things Breeze did not enjoy in this world, and one of them was overtime. To top that off, it was dark out by the time Breeze had finished up, and he while he was a fan of Luna’s night, he didn’t enjoy the darkness part too much, only liked the stars. With a sigh, he grabbed the bucket again. He just wanted to be home.

Breeze rounded the corner almost to his home, but then stopped short, his bucket sliding out of his gaping mouth. About a block away, he could see a group of ponies, one of them struggling to move a stallion. After a second of dumbfounded staring, he realized two things. A) The stallion was unconscious. B) One of the two younger ponies was in a costume of sort. Concerned and confused, Zephyr Breeze spread his sore wings and sped forward, his worn wings’ heavy flaps echoing through the street. Stopped a few feet away from the colt carrying the man, and started to ask a question, but then realized the colt was struggling to carry the stallion.

“Um… would you like some help with that?” Breeze asked, suddenly unsure of what to do in the new situation.

PaintedWings gave him a confused yet worried look, saying he didn't know wasn't a very calming thought but she did agree that they needed to get him off the streets at least until he comes to,'If he comes to' she thought dreadfully. The pegasus helped lift some of the weight off the colt by hoovering just above them and lift as much of the stallion as she could off Nighthoof.

They were making a little progress the weight of the stallion was a little too much for her small frame to handle even with Nighthoof's assistance. "There has to be a better way to get him off the streets Nighthoof." she said through gritted teeth. A few seconds later a new pony appears, another pegasus asking if there was anything he could do to help, she was certain from another pony's point of view this would of look rather odd and might of called the authorities on them. PaintedWings was just glad this stallion decided to help surely he could move the fainted stallion much faster than two young ponies.

"Well it would be great if you could help us move this pony off the streets! Me and Nighthoof here," she nodded towards the colt as she said his name "Were talking and suddenly this guy walked by us then a few seconds later he passed out in the middle of the street! So now we want to get him off the streets and maybe try to wake him up."

(Hope you guys don't mind me joining in here :) )

The white pelted, blue maned pegasus Colton Cloudkicker was wandering in the strangely empty streets of Manehatten, he had traveled to the city before but he had never seen the streets this deserted. He looked about strangely, wondering what the reason for such an odd situation was. is mind quickly drifted though when he was reminded of the task at hand by his pet sparrow and travelling companion Sparks, the bird gave him a clip around the ears to break him out of his thought filled trance, "Hey, what was that for?!" Colton said, displeased at the birds actions. Sparks then pointed to Colton's saddle bag which contained some important documents Colton was going to have to get checked out at the town hall.

"I wasn't getting distracted..." Colton said as he lightly nudged the sparrow in response to his actions, "I just find it odd that the streets are so empty is all...." Colton said as he shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his mind and ficus on the task at hand. He reached into another saddle bag in hopes of pulling out a map to find the town hall, sadly his hopes were misplaced as the saddle bag was completely empty. He turned towards Sparks who tried to put an innocent look in his face, "You...didn't pack the map...did you?" Colton said with a raised eyebrow and a scowl towards the sparrow. The bird didn't respond and acted like nothing was wrong.

"....Birdbrain..." Colton stated displeased as he just wanted to get these documents delivered so he could have some down time. He then decided to do what he did best, flying. The pegasus shot up into the skies over the city and tried to get a decent lay of the land in hopes of finding his destination. What he did find though was a small crowd of four other ponies, he couldn't quite make out their specific details but one of them looked like he was wearing.....a costume?

He glided down a short distance away from the group and decided to walk the rest of the way, all the time wondering about the strange pony in costume. He got a bit closer to them and called out in hopes for assistance, "Uh excuse me.....do any of you know where th-" Colton was cut off as the ponies from the group turned to look at him and then Colton saw a specific detail he failed to miss from the sky, that one of the ponies was passed out.

"Uh....what happened here?.....Is that guy okay?" Colton asked with a concerned tone in his voice, wondering what he just got himself into this time.

The first thing that Cask noticed as his mind groped towards consciousness was that there was a heavy pressure under his armpits. Slightly confused, he opened his eyes and gave a slight gasp as he saw a large group crowded around him. There were the two teenagers he had passed earlier, along with two pegasi stallions.

"Woah," Cask mumbled. "Who are you ponies? Oh, sorry; that was obtuse." The chef was slightly disoriented after waking up on the streets and he felt it was intruding on his personal form.

Cask took a deep breath and requested he be put down. "Anyway, thank you for helping me. Not many ponies would stop by at this time of night to help a stranger."

Cask stood shakily, for he was rather dizzy, and introduced himself to the four ponies. "I'm Cellar Cask. You may have heard of me as the narcoleptic chef who falls asleep at the stove - mind you, I seriously hope not. I really am sorry for the fuss; I don't have much control of when I fall asleep. Please, is there any way I can make this up to you? I could manage a free dinner at my restaurant if you so wish."

(I changed this to "Closed" now, since I think we have enough participants. Everyone alright with that?)

Thankful for the help that the filly gave him, Neon continued upon his slow path toward the set of staris he had identified earlier. At her statement, Neon knew that PaintedWings was right, but he couldn't think of any other way to move the stallion that didn't involve some sort of miracle or magic. As an Earth Pony, both thing were as unlikely for him as a stick suddenly becoming a fully grown tree. However, two much older male pegasi trotted toward them. Initially, he was worried that they had the impression that he was robbing the unconscious stallion, but their helpful questioning disuaded that thought.

Just as he was about the answer them, the khaki stallion's eyes opened and his return to consciousness was signalled by a gasp. At his request, the colt let him down carefully. He looked the pony up and down, surprised that he seemed to have no ill effects from his fainting spell. His introduction confused Neon slightly, but he gave a nod all the same. He considered the proposal that Cellar Cask gave, not wanting to take away time from his patrol. After all, there could be somepony in danger. However, it seemed rude to dismiss the offer and the colt just stayed silent to await the opinions of the other three ponies who stood in the vicinity.

Breeze regarded the newly awakened pony. He was tempted to say no, it'd been a long day and he was very tired, but food... It was a compelling offer. Besides, the earth pony chef's name rung a bell in Breeze's head, though what it was related to he wasn't quite sure. "I didn't exactly do much sir... I just showed up 'round here right 'fore you woke up. I su'pose it's the colt and filly who deserve most the credit." Breeze's stomach took it upon itself to voice it's own opinion, a large growl of hunger rumbling from it. "Though I guess, if you were still so inclined, I'd be a fool to turn down your kind gift." The green pegasus' eye fell to the ground. An' now here I am trying to get somethin' for doin' nothin'. Don't feel too right but I do need some food, he thought, hopefully they don't mind me sayin' yes too much.

PaintedWings was relieved when she felt the young stallion stir in her hooves and gently put him down at his request. The filly looked around to see that quite the crowd had gathered 3 stallions, one colt and her. It made her happy to see that so many ponies would care about a random stranger on the street. When the khaki stallion introduced his self the name rung a bell as she recalled CookieSweets talking quite highly of the chef, maybe she should get a autograph before they all part ways surely Ms.Sweets would enjoy it!

She hovered next to Nighthoof as Cellar Cask offered to have everypony over for dinner, free dinner at his restaurant! She couldn't help but to let out a small squeak of excitement and whispered in Nighthoof's ear "Maybe we should take the offer, like your first reward of many for a job well done! I mean that is what super heroes do right? Then after you finish you could disappear into the night mysteriously! So what do you think?"

Colton couldn't help but be shocked by the sudden change in events, he just came over to ask for directions and now he was being offered a free meal at a restaurant. Sparks almost jumped out of his little bird skin as he rushed to thank the newly conscious pony, but Colton grabbed his wings and placed him on his head were he wouldn't cause any trouble. Colton still didn't know how to react to this though, he had done absolutely nothing but was being given a reward.

However after he observed everypony's reaction he figured the best course of action would be to give into his rather odd temptation, after all he hadn't eaten for a while on his journey to Manehatten, he turned towards the newly conscious pony and responded, "Uh....sure I guess...thank you, I've actually heard about you before Mr.Cask....this is a great honor..." Colton stopped himself as he didn't want to sound overly grateful and awaited further indication of his next destination.

But as he did Colton couldn't help but be perplexed by the costumed colt infront of him. He didn't want to seem rude but he just had to inquire about the situation, he gently tapped the much smaller pony on the shoulder and began to speak, "Uh...if you don't mind me asking.....what's with the get-up pal?" Colton said, trying to not sound rude, still wondering what he got himself into.

Cask wondered about the four ponies (and sparrow) in front of him. They all had heard of him as a good cook, and now they had met him in person. He absently thought about their opinions of him when he noticed a problem in his planning. He looked upwards at the moon; it was just past its peak.

His restaurant had surely closed by now and his cooks were all at home.

"Oh, Celestia!" he exclaimed under his breath, interrupting Nighthoof's reply. "I'm sorry everypony, but I lost track of time and my resaurant's closed for tonight. If you really need to, I can still give you a dinner tonight; however, it will take longer and be of poorer quality and we may not have the ingredients... Again, I'm sorry. If I were you, I would come in two days' time. Is that okay with you all?" Cask feared for his loss of face for forgetting what time it was, and held his breath breath for the others' replies. What have you gotten yourself into, Cask?

Neon watched the older ponies - and PaintedWings - all give their agreement to Cellar Cask's suggestion. Painted's suggestion did strike him a pretty cool way to make his first mark on the people of Manehatten. Another, more weighty factor was the sudden reminder that jumping around a city as large as Manehatten had taken considerable effort from the colt. Before he could repliy, he decided to address the white pegasus who had questioned him. "I am Nighthoof! The Saviour of the Saddened! The Protector of the Persued!" After each exclamation, the colt struck a dramatic pose, trying to seem intimidating and awesome. I think he probably gets it, he chimed, stopping his dramatic listing of made-up titles. "Ahem. Anyway, surely you've heard of me?"

As he waited the reaction of the pegasus, Neon remembered Cask's question. "I would -" The stallion quickly interjected with his realization, making the masked face of the colt fall slightly. "Not to worry, citizen," he cried dramatically. However, he stopped suddenly, not sure what else to say. "Your offer alone was generous." Neon privately couldn't believe how lame he felt, but if adults spoke like that there must be some benefit to it.

Breeze looked down at the super-colt, the young pony's disappointment was rather obvious. Poor kid, he's tryin' hard, he thought. He sneaked a sympathetic gesture the colts direction, hoping the young 'hero' wouldn't take it the wrong way. He then started to turn to the chef, but his eyes widened as he realized something. The pegasus abruptly looked back, then sighed; a wave of relief flying through him as he saw the bit filled bucket was still where he'd dropped it. He turned back to Cask, a smile easily now coming to him.

"Sir," Breeze said, tipping his head slightly, "I have to say, I think that'd work much better. M' day has already been a mite bit longer than I'd hoped," he said, holding out a hoof to the narcoleptic stallion. "I'm Zephyr Breeze, it's a pleasure to meet you Cellar Cask."

"Please, the pleasure is all mine," Cask replied. "Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I ask your two names," he continued, motioning to the filly and the pegasus with the sparrow. "It'll save some time if I can introduce the ponies who looked after me to the waiter." He committed Neon's and Breeze's names to memory, and thanked them. The conversation between the five ponies lulled and was bordering on awkward when Cask tried to break the silence.

"So, does anypony else have any curious conditions? I feel as if my own can sometimes lead to amusing situations." Cask realised a bit too late that his question could be considered by many as invasive and offensive, and nearly turned to leave, remarking about the time. However, he simply bit his lip and waited.

Colton honestly had no idea how to respond to the apparent costumed colt, he didn't want to damper his spirits; which were evidently high so he decided to not say anything except a bit of banter, "Well....it's a pleasure to meet you Nighthoof." Colton said as he noticed Sparks was keeping bubbles of laughter at bay momentarily. He then noticed that the newly conscious chef had asked about his identity, so he promptly responded.

"Not at all." Colton said with a smile towards the inquisitiveness pony, "My name's Colton, Colton Cloudkicker...." Colton said as he took the little sparrow proudly off his head and presented him to everypony, "And this here is my buddy Sparks" The pegasus said as he placed the bird once again on his head and the sparrow took it's rightful perch.

However, Colton couldn't help but wonder just what was going on exactly; this was certainly a strange situation for him. It's not like the pegasus hadn't experienced strange sights before, but this; this was defiently something he never expected. Regardless though he turned to answer the once again inquisitive chef, "Well.....I don't think I have any conditions.....But..." Colton said as he once again took the sparrow proudly off his head, "Sparks does tend to....well....not pay attention at times." He said with a shrug.

The young earth pony was slowly learning all of the names of the various ponies who surrounded him, making sure to note them. He always introduced himself quickly when meeting somepony new, at least in his regular life, as referring to somepony as 'that pony' felt odd to Neon. Internally glad that he was now on name-basis with everypony, the colt kept a stoic demenour on his outward appearance.

When met with Cask's question, Neon took pause. He wasn't exactly sure what the pony meant. He did dash about the streets of Manehatten at night, but Neon had still maintained quite a layer of naievette. He pondered exactly what the chef could have meant. Well, school isn't exactly great at the moment, with all my awesome superheroing taking a chunk of my time. Oh, maybe he meant conditions as in rules! Hmm...haven't got a whole lot of interesting rules. Rules are broing anyway. However, Colton's answer gave Neon's brain a jolt.

"I am not without my own quirks." What on Equestria does 'quirk' even mean? Weird grownups and their words. "But, I'm not aware of any conditions of mine. Other than awesomeness!" Quickly, realizing another case of his personality belnding with that of Nighthoof, he corrected himself. "Pardon me, I misspoke there. Superheroism is what I have meant to say."

PaintedWings couldn't help but giggle at the little sparrow as it seemed to have quite the personality. The filly patiently waited for the Colton to finish introducing himself before she turned to the chef and bowed before him and introduced herself "My name is PaintedWings, young painter in the making. I lend my wings to my big sister CookieSweets, who is a huge fan of yours Mister Cask, when I'm not helping her I'm furthering my painting skills!"

She was quite for a moment as she tried to think of any possible conditions that might be as severe as the chef's after a few minutes she came up with nothing "I don't think I've come across any conditions as of yet."