Brony Behind the Computer

AznAxis

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

These threads always fascinate me. Mostly because I am surprised by the volume of the participation.

me too. I always found it strange that people post pictures of themselves online, but now that I've posted myself online, I understand why people do it. when people say stuff about it, it gives me a little rush XD

there's more pictures of me on Canterlot than there are on Facebook :P

These threads always fascinate me. Mostly because I am surprised by the volume of the participation.

Meh, my philosophy is that my picture is already all over the internet, one more place won't hurt, especially if it is a picture of my choosing that does not color me in a negative light.

me too. I always found it strange that people post pictures of themselves online, but now that I've posted myself online, I understand why people do it. when people say stuff about it, it gives me a little rush XD

there's more pictures of me on Canterlot than there are on Facebook :P

Every person has a different reason for sharing their photo imo. I don't think my visage is something that needs to be kept secret. Name? Sure, Birthday? Definitely... Picture? What can be done with a picture? I probably have my picture taken hundreds of times a day by various cameras, I'm somewhere on the internet in some database somewhere. One more place won't hurt.

omg ppl! O__O lol sorry guys i share my pic with no one! xp

And that is perfectly alright. It is your choice :)

Guest EoLPinkie

420318_2278759107833_1814436649_1437801_774274978_n.jpg

Yup thats the Outlaw before coming home, just hanging out at the Barrack break room relaxing.

Marine Brony Hoo-RAH (or for you civilian bronies Bro-Hoo-RAH!)

It's my favorite war horse! Where'd your pictures from last night go? :sad:

420318_2278759107833_1814436649_1437801_774274978_n.jpg

Yup thats the Outlaw before coming home, just hanging out at the Barrack break room relaxing.

Marine Brony Hoo-RAH (or for you civilian bronies Bro-Hoo-RAH!)

In the same boat as me, are you? A Marine stuck in ACUs xD

Were you in a joint command?

I also wanna know how you got the nickname 'Derpy' xD

Is there a particular story behind that?

Alright, I'll post a few.

First - Me and my little PaPerK pistol (crappy PPK I made from paper and tape. all white)

Second - Just plain me.

I took these photos with my laptop's webcam.

120202125928.png

120202130828.png

Notice how I kinda resemble my characters? Yeah, their appearances are based off of mine. My character Dice's eyes look the most like mine of all my characters. I would have given my chars half-frame rectangular glasses like mine, too, but I find drawing them (my chars) too hard and the Pony Creator only had full framed. Oh well. ^_^

In the same boat as me, are you? A Marine stuck in ACUs xD

Were you in a joint command?

I also wanna know how you got the nickname 'Derpy' xD

Is there a particular story behind that?

Yeah the ACUs, we were working jointly with the Army boys from the 10th Mountain at the time :x not going into too much detail that was a couple years back when i was still green, before all the pony shenanigans I stumbled into. As for my nickname Derpy that's just another form of my original nickname Derps that just sprang up at Boot, soon after one of the LCpls went to find me and asked where I was and my Buddy "Meatstick" replied "Derps is out being derpy again". It just stuck :P

Alright, I will post a pic:

IR_1551.jpg

kinda. I took it myself by the way. If I could have held the camera further away I would have but it has a fairly narrow focus. I also had a friend snap some pictures, but in the end, the severely close up image had the best detail.

Taken with my company's Flir infrared camera. No longer is hotness a matter of preference. I have numbers!

My nose and ears are cooler than the rest of my face, because I just came in from outside without a hat. My neck is burning up the pic because it was covered by my coat.

My beard is cooler than my face...for some reason. Reading these images is tricky.

The number in the upper left is the temperature in the middle of the crosshairs, and you can see the scale of the temperatures on the bottom.

Archived