Brony Representatives

boatloadsbaley

I had this idea for a fanfic, though I'm pretty sure someone may have done a similar story already. Basically it involves all the crazy OC ponies (the recolors, neon, emo, etc) suddenly appear in Equestria and the Mane 6 have to find a way to send them back. One of the aspects of my story would involve a meeting with an emissary of basically the main contributors to the Brony community. My question is who would be the Mane 6 Bronies? I know I want Purple Tinker in there since she organized BroNYCon and is the biggest community organizer. I also wanted a fanfic author, an artist, someone in voice over, and whoever is best known.

Thoughts? Ideas?

If you want to put an artist in there, I recommend CSImadmax, johnjoseco, or egophiliac. If you're looking for a voice over person, I could recommend Rina-Chan (or whoever), the chick who tends to play Twilight Sparkle in the fandom. Her, or BaldDumboRat, who is the fandom voice of Derpy. As for fanfic author, that's a bit of a tough one... maybe the writer of Antipodes, or maybe the original writer of Fallout: Equestria (since that fic seems to have spawned a lot of fan fanfics).

Oh yes, if you're going for a musician, Eurobeat Brony is the one!

As for fanfic author, that's a bit of a tough one... maybe the writer of Antipodes, or maybe the original writer of Fallout: Equestria (since that fic seems to have spawned a lot of fan fanfics).

As for this... I meant Conversion Bureau.

I'm thinking Seth from EQD would be a good addition to the group... General Mumble on Youtube makes a lot of cool music fro mwhat i can tell... Zephyerstar created the Ponies The Anthology video, so he might be good too.

And maybe me... I DID do the 'how we became bronies' video :20: *shameless self promotion that i should be ashamed for*

I'll definitely keep you in mind, plus I need to go check those videos out.

Quick digression: Is there a fanon name for Lauren Fausts OC that anyone else is aware of? I don't believe she has one (being too busy in the business of animation to think up OC pony names) and I wasn't aware of any fanon names for her either. I bring this up because the emissary of OC ponies would come representing her as their princess/queen.

I'll definitely keep you in mind, plus I need to go check those videos out.

Quick digression: Is there a fanon name for Lauren Fausts OC that anyone else is aware of? I don't believe she has one (being too busy in the business of animation to think up OC pony names) and I wasn't aware of any fanon names for her either. I bring this up because the emissary of OC ponies would come representing her as their princess/queen.

I dont think she does... and honestly, i'm not entirely sure that the OC pony of her was actually made BY HER. at least not designed by her. i would guess it would be on her DA page, but i haven't seen any big announcements saying "HEY! Faust just posted her OC pony somewhere!" So i dont know that there would be a name for her other than Lauran Faust... you could just call her 'the creator' or something similar...

I dont think she does... and honestly, i'm not entirely sure that the OC pony of her was actually made BY HER. at least not designed by her. i would guess it would be on her DA page, but i haven't seen any big announcements saying "HEY! Faust just posted her OC pony somewhere!" So i dont know that there would be a name for her other than Lauran Faust... you could just call her 'the creator' or something similar...

do you mean this pony? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-x1o0k-fqfIU/TnKEfowVcZI/AAAAAAAAAC0/BBQtpZ1qY_Q/s1600/LF_pony_sepia.jpg

because that's definitely by her.

See, i never saw that specific pic, nor the EQD interview... i was expecting some huge announcement or something... but okay.

Fairly certain there was... I mean, LAUREN FAUST DREW HER OC. It's... kinda old news. I mean, I think she made a blog post, of course EqD had something... heck, it was an interview with her! I mean, how big did you mean?

What is more representative of bronydom, some well known person that might take offence to his/her name being used or the run of the mill brony? ("Brony" defines nothing after all. We are too multifaceted of a cult.)

Furthermore, whoever will be the main protagonist needs to be well known enough not to warrant googling.

(Personally I do not recognize any of the names here. But that's just me being ignorant in the Cult of Internet Personality.)

So, I'd suggest making entirely fictional char that you yourself define, have a prologue explaining this representative or place enough BG information into the story itself.

That way you so not antagonize anyone and are not bound by the personality.

I'm afraid I'm not familier with the characters, and the setting of them suddenly appearing isn't really...interesting, if there was more of a reason why they appeared or why they have come here or where they came from would be most appreciated before giving my answer to the idea.

• Like 1

PrinceHeru, the idea was that the world of the fandom, with the stereotypically awful Mary Sue/Gary Stu OCs and Equestria being overrun (a la parasprites) and the representatives coming in to meet with Celestia and Mane 6 to figure out a solution before the two worlds become one crazy, overpopulated mess, or some other realities start coming into the mix.