[Froggy Bottom Bog] A Trip Into The Dark

Dubstep

Dark couldn't help but laugh as the cloud of horrid smoke clung to Pinkie Pie, almost like a swarm of angry bees chasing after the pony who broke their hive. The even was made even more humourous as she ran right straight into a tree, falling to the ground and flailing, "Dahahahhaha! Oh man, that's hilarious! Pffffhahah...ahh...Okay, heh. Now that you're alright..." Dark said beginning to dig through his cape before finally pulling out a viscous looking dark purple potion and passing it to Pinkie, "Here, you have the honours and I'll..." Dark quickly dashed behind a tree a few yards away, "observe from over here! Better angle and all that."

Part of the villain hoped that it would cause a large explosion, or at least cause the smoke to cling to Pinkie again, he would just have to wait and see it seemed.

"Okie dokie loki," said Pinkie amiably as Dark took cover. "Let's see what happens." Without further ado, she dumped the entire vial into the box. There was a hissing sound, and the amount of smoke pouring out intensified. The smoke billowed out unnaturally, and strange, monstrous faces began to form in it, each grinning ghoulishly in the air before dissolving back into smoke.

Pinkie burst out laughing and began to make silly faces right back at the smoke. "Eeeeheeheehee, oh that one was great, now the smoke makes funny faces, see!" She shot a doofy grin back at Dark. "Come on, hand me another one. Or more than one. Lets see what they all do!" She giggled again, and the smoke billowed out a grasping claw that flailed at her while her back was turned, but it was still just smoke, and it broke back into harmless plumes when it hit her.

• 4 weeks later...

Dark stood there in awe for a few moments, watching the billowing smoke shift through things Edgar Allen Poeny probably saw in his dreams each night. It was so beautiful. Like a cascade of images both horrifying and beautiful in nature, "That...is so....AWESOME! I will HAVE to remember that one." Dark said tapping his head, as if to embed the mental note.

"Another couple? Alright, let's see what we got." once more digging through his cape, Dark walked over to where Pinkie stood, handing over a white silver potion and a potion that seemed to shift between pink and blue in the right light, "It doesn't seem that first one had any dangerous side effects. Maybe it's safer than I thought it would be!" he said, both happy and sad. He kind of hoped there would be some vicious sludgy ooze monster that would rage out and attack Ponyville! But alas, it didn't seem that would be today. Maybe he could make something like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie snatched up the potions and looked at them. "Pink should be first, 'cause it's my favorite." She poured the pink vial onto the horrid cupcakes and stepped back to watch. The cupcakes trembled for a moment before beginning to suck in on themselves, slowly imploding downwards. As they neared the ground there was a POP and where the baked bads had been, there was now a neat array of flowers.

"Oooh, cool!" Pinkie clapped her hooves together happily at the transformation, dropping the second vial in the process. It fell from her mouth right onto a hoof, where it broke and spattered her with elixer. "Oopsie," she said, as she began to turn slightly transparent, the potion's effect spreading from where she'd touched it to cover her entire body. "Woah... I'm see-through. And I'm floating," she suddenly realized, flailing her hooves in the air as she floated a foot up off the ground.

"Oh my gosh! Ghost potion! I bet I can walk through walls now too! Well, float through them at least." She flailed her hooves again. "Um... how do I float forward?" One of the cupcake flowers made a small burping noise and emitted a puff of angry smoke in response. The smoke pointed at her and stuck out a spectral tongue in mockery.

"Well that was unexpected...Flowers..." Dark thought for a moment and shrugged, "Nope, can't think of a use for it. Maybe turning pony's houses into flowerbeds? Hmm. Something to think on." he said as he made another mental note. He really should have brought a notebook or something, oh well, he was sure he wouldn't forget about evil things he could do.

"Uh oh, that can't be good..." the colt winced as Pinkie dropped the second potion. Watching curiously, the villain was rather surprised at the results, not only did it cause her to become translucent, but also float! That could have SO many uses! That is if it allowed for floating through walls. So many evil deeds could be done as a 'ghost'! He HAD to make more of that potion at some point, "Hmm, intriguing...Well, let's see. Try walking normally. Maybe it works the same way? It can't be that hard I'm sure."

• 3 weeks later...

"Hmm..." PInkies hooves flailed ineffectually at the air in an exaggerated walking motion. "Nope, not working. Oh, maybe if I blow real hard I'll go in the other direction." She turned around without thinking about it, simply rotating around without any leverage. She then began to take deep breaths and blow as hard as she could, an act which resulted in nothing happening whatsoever, save that after a few minutes of it, she began to turn purple.

She huffed and gasped for a moment, "This... isn't... working... either." She paused, trying to catch her breath. "I think... I'm gonna lay down for a bit... ok?" She flipped over in mid-air. "Mm, floating is awful comfy. No wonder pegasuses like to sleep in clouds." She closed her eyes and began to float upwards very very slowly.

Dark tried his best not to laugh at the shenanigans. Not only was it all absurd, he wouldn't want to give Pinkie the impression that her company was actually ENJOYABLE. Which it wasn't. The antics may be but she most certainly was not. Okay maybe a little. A small chuckle escaped the colt as she huffed and puffed enough to put the big bad wolf himself to shame, to just about as much effect too. Which is to say none, "Well at least no one's out here to call you a blowhard heheh." he said, laughing at his own pun, despite how horrible it was.

"I can only imagine, they look like they'd be ex...ceed...ing.....ly....Well that's unexpected." the villain watched in surprise as the spectral earth pony floated up. It wasn't very fast, but it was noticeable, "How are you doing that?"

• 2 weeks later...

"Doing what?" Asked Pinkie, her eyes snapping open. "Oh, did I move? Hmm, maybe it's just thinking about where I want to go. 'Cuz I was thinking of floating in the sky, so I floated towards it. Maybe..." She closed her eyes again and in a flash she zipped away home, leaving Dark Core suddenly and unceremoniously alone in the forest.

(Exit)