Best Background pony? (Poll)

Rain

Who's your fave background pony?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite background pony?

• Vinyl Scratch
    • Octavia
    • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Lotus & Aloe (Spa ponies)
    • Lyra & Bonbon
    • Colgate
    • Seafoam
    • Berry Punch
    • Fleur de lis
    • Caramel
    • Hayseed
    • Carrot Top/ Golden Harvest

Background ponies might not get much screentime, or dialogue, but we still love them. Some of us like to imagine what they may act like, and make up our own versions of who they are.

Your favorite background pony ought to be someone who can be recognized by name. and seen in multiple episodes.

Tell us who your favorite background pony is and why.

I've edited the poll, added a few choices, and removed a few choices as well.

This is a list of just some of the background ponies, obviously not all of them, there'd be a too many to choose from. :blush:

If your favorite isn't here, tell us about her/him in a comment, and what episodes they're in.

Please add the Spa Ponies to the poll.

Edit: thanks!

The spa ponies are some of the few background ponies with vibrant colors and unique and interesting cutie marks. They also have defined carers, nice manes, and cute accessories. Not to mention the fact that they look great together.

I really don't consider Big Mac or the Cakes background ponies. They're supporting characters with set voice actors, multiple lines of dialog and certain levels of character development.

Also, where are Lyra and Bon-Bon?

Either way, Derpy is best pony. :P :P :P:?:

I probably shouldn't have made this a poll, since there are so many background ponies. :blush:

Oh, well, I don't wanna take the poll down, so I guess i'll just add them as we go. :)

You could always add an "Other" option to catch all the rest.

There are a few other ones that seem rather notable to me, like Fleur-de-Lis, Berry Punch, Screwball and such, but I think you got most the biggest names covered as far as fan favorite background ponies go.

Although if you consider all minor supporting characters, then yeah.... you're missing a lot.

I'm torn between Doctor Whooves and Lyra and Bonbon and Octavia. I'm actually not a huge fan of Derpy (though I love what the creators have done with her though).

I suppose I'll go with Doctor Whooves on account of my whovianness... Though the other two choices make it hard.... I am especially fond of Octavia.

Doesn't that remove the votes?

Nope, votes aren't deleted unless the poll is actually reset.

Edit: Unless the IP Boards system changed for polls from 3.1.4 to 3.2.3 that is. I have extensive experience with the former. This is my first time on the latter.

I really don't consider Big Mac or the Cakes background ponies. They're supporting characters with set voice actors, multiple lines of dialog and certain levels of character development.

This.

Of the ones listed, I'd have to go with Scratch, she's imo the most unique background character and I'd love to see her pop up more (and I have a soft spot for DJs)

Also, just to clarify, WHICH Dr Whooves? We've seen 5 so far! (pay close attention to sweet and elite, multiple incarnation of The Doctor appear in pony form! ED made a nice list of them if you dig back to the time S&E aired)

This.

Of the ones listed, I'd have to go with Scratch, she's imo the most unique background character and I'd love to see her pop up more (and I have a soft spot for DJs)

Also, just to clarify, WHICH Dr Whooves? We've seen 5 so far! (pay close attention to sweet and elite, multiple incarnation of The Doctor appear in pony form! ED made a nice list of them if you dig back to the time S&E aired)

HEY! Don't fault Dr Whooves for being a little regeneration happy! Not to mention that you are forgetting that each time we see him we don't know how much time has passed for him! The TARDIS is a time machine as well as a space craft, so it could be hundreds of years difference between sightings!

I guess my sig says it all: Seafoam.

Just look at her. The same rose eyes as Rainbow Dash's, but on a beautiful, classy unicorn. She's the same type of pony as Colgate, yet her colours give an impression of elegance rather than just cuteness. I'm not saying she isn't cute, mind you. Speaking of her colours, she's one of the few ponies whose cutie mark matches the rest perfectly colour-wise. She's the Rose of unicorns, somewhat. And unlike Sparkler who's different shades of purple all over, her eyes stand out.

In the show, she does get her share of exposed scenes. First of all, she had a certain tendency to be in the middle of group shots during season 1, and she hasn't been cloned all over the place as much as Colgate, Lyra or Sparkler (let's ignore Hearth's Warming Eve where 14 Seafoams watched Seafoam on stage for a moment). She was one of the three ponies to say, "Muffins!" and the only one of these three to end up sick.

I've actually got the impression that her scenes in season 2 are growing less and less subtle. In Lesson Zero, she was on top of the pile of ponies trying to snag Smarty Pants from Big Macintosh. The bowling scene in The Cutie Pox was remarkable—not only did it put her in the foreground in at least one shot and gave her a hobby, it also gave her her only real speaking line so far. She actually managed to totally distract me from the Dude. Last but not least, Hearth's Warming Eve gave her the most attention of all background ponies (remember the close-up when her eyes tear up) and showed what a capable actress she is.

By the way, she seems to have a BFF (Best Friend Forever). She is frequently seen with Wind Whistler. Probably the only case of a unicorn and a pegasus being close friends other than Rarity and Fluttershy.