[Tier 3] Uncle Apple Strudel

Mojo

150px-AppleStrudel_ID.png

Personal Note -- I would like to apply for Uncle Apple Strudel as a Tier 3 FiM Cast Character (pending approval of the mods). He would make a nice 'addition' to the Apple Family in RP situations.

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Uncle Apple Strudel

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: Pea Green

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: White with matching beard and mustache

Physique: Stout for a pony his age

Cutie Mark: An apple strudel

Origin/Residence: Ponyville (but lives in Fillydelphia)

Motivation: "Have as much fun in retirement as I can! Ja!"

Likes: Yodeling, Skiing, Playing the tuba, polka music, travel, Germaney culture and songs

Dislikes: stairs

Character Summary: UPDATED (For the sake of his backstory, I am going to assume that he's Granny Smith's younger brother - one who wasn't born yet at the time of the 'Family Appreciation' flashback. This would make him AJ's, Big Mac's and AppleBloom's GREAT Uncle.)

Apple Strudel was born many years after his elder sister, Granny Smith, named to carry on the proud heritage of the Apple family line. He was always an curious foal, paying close attention to the way his mother (and later, Granny Smith) baked things in the kitchen and offering to help her all the time. After successfully baking apple pies and turnovers, the foal Apple Strudel decided to create his namesake treat, Apple Strudel, and when he did, it was a big success with everypony who ever tasted it. It was no surprise when his cutie mark came in as he was selling a batch of strudel at the family's apple stand. Apple Strudel then became fascinated with the culture and folklore of Germaney, perhaps one of his parents was from that general area. In no time, he was not only wearing Germane style clothes but was learning to play the tuba and developing a love for Germaney music, the polka in particular. By the time he grew into adulthood, Apple Strudel was 'living the part' of the typical Germaneian (right down to the accent!). Ponies love the way he seemed to be always 'in character' at the bakery he opened in Ponyville, a bakery he worked hard at every single day until he sold it and went into retirement. Always the happy-go-lucky type of pony, Apple Strudel is now enjoying life, visiting his relatives and trying to spread joy whereever he goes. "Have tuba, vill polka!" is one of his favorite sayings. Yes, Uncle Apple Strudel is strange, but he's a kind hearted stallion with a heart of gold.

Switched this to FINAL status and added the Character Summary, but when I did, the crazy thing posted weird and I have no idea how to fix it.

Guess the site's Editor is in DERPY mode now!

:D:D:D:D

EDIT: Fixed it (at least the best I could with my limited net skills)

Given his apparent age, he may be a great uncle to Applejack (thus a sibling to Granny Smith, possibly one who wasn't born yet in the flashback) rather than a son, as he comes off as being around as old as she is; great uncles are usually still referred to as "uncle". I also go with this as either Aunt or Uncle Orange is AJ's blood relative (thus a child or maybe grandchild of Granny Smith) and both looked the same age as the mane six today (so although now they would like older than in the flashback, I don't they would look like advance senior citizens).

Given his apparent age, he may be a great uncle to Applejack (thus a sibling to Granny Smith, possibly one who wasn't born yet in the flashback) rather than a son, as he comes off as being around as old as she is; great uncles are usually still referred to as "uncle". I also go with this as either Aunt or Uncle Orange is AJ's blood relative (thus a child or maybe grandchild of Granny Smith) and both looked the same age as the mane six today (so although now they would like older than in the flashback, I don't they would look like advance senior citizens).

Excellent deductive reasoning, Brian! I agree and have updated Apple Strudel's backstory to reflect that!

:D:D:D:D