MLP FiM: Open World RPG Project

SirShadowdeath

oooh this seems interesting! good luck, I'd offer help, as a game designer, but I am majorly a level designer and you require none xD

good luck and if you're still looking for OC's, my OC Strife may be interesting otherwise forget I even mentioned it.

btw, looking good so far.

Oh so this is where the Topic is

Okay Rarity's Boutique is taking alot more time than expected.

It's rather...Round and I have no idea how big the tiles should be...

I have an NPC though

Name: Barii

Aperance: http://i48.servimg.c...23/mypony15.png (<Yikes, That's HUGE)

Interests: FIreworks, Green, Spinning

Cutie Mark: Fireworks(The Fireworks from Mario)

Relations/Friendships:

Home/Location: Barii is from Solstice Heights, but he travels around.

Ideas for your character's ingame dialouge:

(First Meeting) "Oy-oy! I'm Barii, Nice to meet'cha, you seem ready to travel the big world, I travel myself, Got these Bonza fireworks to sell, so If you see me again say G'day!"

(Other Meetings) "Oy-Oy, Nice to see ya again! Ow's me Cobber? Been havin' them ace adventures?"

(Buying) "Oy-Oy, The Fireworks I sell are real beauts, 'Ere you get the mate's rate~"

(Selling) "Need some Quid eh? Oy-Oy No worries, Flick it on me!"

(Quest Givings) "Oy-Oy, Nice to see ya again! Look, I was wondering if you could do ya pal Barii a favor seeing as your good at all the ruff-an-tumblin, Could ya fetch me [Number] of [item]? Only [Monster]'s Drop it, C'mon I'll give ya an extra helpful Prezzy~

(Accepting Quest) "You will? Well ain't you a Fair Dinkum of a Mate~

(Denying Quest) "Aw, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lend off ya.."

(Quest Complete) "Oy-Oy, Lookit you, Grinning like a shot fox, Holy-Dooley you got me goods! Awwww, I'm all stoked now~

'Ere's ya Prezzy now, make good use of it! Let's 'ave a Pash sometime~"

(His dialogue does not change with Gender.)

Character Events?: (Shop, Quest, Etc) I was thinking maybe he could sell the items you can use to attack enemies (In the form of Fireworks), He usually asks for the rare drops of the enemies around the curretn town, But for each quest you do, He'll get another item in stock.

I hope you get the chance to work some things out.You're not alone with the problems either though, I don't have a computer until I graduate.

Also, my main writer is having some major problems as well. He's dropped out for awhile...or maybe permanately. I've also had personal problems lately which have kept me out of my home and onto my iPod, which I can't code from. Lot of problems with the project lately.

I'll pull it all togethor soon. Promise.

Ooh, looks neat. Are you using an RPG Maker engine? The sprites look familiar.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

No, I'm using a custom engine that borrows RMVX elements, including the sprite format. Sprites are modified from Sai'Kar's pony sprites, and tiles are slightly modified from Celianna. Ruby can be integrated into so many other languages, so basically I'm emulating RMVX data inside of a modifiable seconday engine layered ontop in C# and minor C++.

Dude that's awesome, I wish I knew how the use that C++ stuff.

By the way, here's an OC you could use.

Name: Hakeem the Griffon Sage

Picture/Description:

2j1phu9.jpg

Hakeem is an old griffon who has dedicated his life to mentoring future heroes and protecting the land. However, he is extremely lazy and apathetic, and will only really do his job if it is a case of an emergency, or if his lazy habits are at stake. He specializes in magic tablets, that can grant whoever is worthy of them great power (something he hasn't been able to use for many years).

Interests: Skipping work, reading magazines while not working, drinking while not working, and not going to work.

Cutie Mark: n/a

Relations/Friendships: He is a hermit, but does occasionaly go into town for the newest magazines and drinks. He also considers his boss, the Griffon King to be a nag, and prefers to not interact with him.

Home/Location: He travels, but prefers the mountains.

Ideas for your character's ingame dialouge:

• Make it quick.
  • You remind me of myself when I was your age, stupid enough to do someone else's dirty work.
  • Have you read the paper recently, this fool keeps talking about the "sun moving on it's own". What a nut, right?

Character Events:

• His tablets have been stolen by some diamond dogs while he was taking a nap. He'd go get them back himself but he found a sap to do it for him (you).
  • After retrieving his tablets, if you have a skill shop system, he could open one up for the player. If not, he could also give advice or teleport the player for a small fee.