Jump to content


Stop using Celestia's wings from the Pony Creator

Wing Wings Celestia Luna Pegasus Pegasi Nightmare Moon Princess Luna Princess Celestia

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

I don't know how many Applications I went through today of Pegasus characters who had the wings of Princess Celestia. Those are not normal wings for a Pegasus! If you have them on your character, even just as the picture—CHANGE THEM.
BEFORE I FIND YOU.

Here, I made a comparison:

Posted Image


Posted Image


Spoiler




Users Awards

#2 Davroth

Davroth

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 2,697 posts
  • Ask Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

I have a pegasus with luna's bodytype and therefore gave her luna's wings, too. I don't quite see the problem with that.

Also, supposing that pegasi can grow to that size on their own (And Fleur de Lis suggests so), why wouldn't the wings grow with them?



Users Awards

#3 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

But my pegasus Character has already been accepted WITH her wings exactly how they are, she's a tall  lanky  pony with wings big enough to support her body....



Users Awards

#4 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

I have a pegasus with luna's bodytype and therefore gave her luna's wings, too. I don't quite see the problem with that.
Luna's wings are UNIQUE. Nopony else has them. If I am proven wrong in-show, so be it! However, at this point in time nopony should have any wing type other than the normal Pegasus wings.

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Also, supposing that pegasi can grow to that size on their own (And Fleur de Lis suggests so), why wouldn't the wings grow with them?
Though they would indeed be larger, the overall shape would stay the same.

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

But my pegasus Character has already been accepted WITH her wings exactly how they are, she's a tall  lanky  pony with wings big enough to support her body....
Yes, it was something that was being missed by the staff... Celestia's wings are the only ones that should have been able to ever make it through, as they do look close to that of a regular Pegasus, if you don't pay attention. Also, don't the wings grow with the size of your pony on the generator?



Users Awards

#5 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

No they don't they stay pretty tiny, so if I went by the Pony Gen she'd be a tall lanky pony with  stubby wings that would never lift her off the ground.


Plus I fail to see how  the shape of the wings affects anything, QuickLime doesn't have magical  Celestia  wing powers from it...



Users Awards

#6 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

No they don't they stay pretty tiny, so if I went by the Pony Gen she'd be a tall lanky pony with  stubby wings that would never lift her off the ground.

I just messed with the generator... if the Pegasus wings don't fit your Pegasus, your Pegasus is too big. That goes for anyone. If they look a little too small, just mention that they are bigger than the picture, if anything. We all know that they'll be able to carry your Pegasus, obviously. : P

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Plus I fail to see how  the shape of the wings affects anything, QuickLime doesn't have magical  Celestia  wing powers from it...
Because they're unique. Nopony else has been shown to have that style or size of wings. It's the same as their horns, nopony else has one as long. Nopony else is as tall, and nopony else has astral hair. It's a unique trait, and if you're not a Princess, you just don't have it. :Luna:



Users Awards

#7 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

So...I have to go mess around with the Generator and make a new version of my pony identical to my old pony color matching and all  just to fix the wings? Even though she's already BEEN accepted exactly how she is..?


That's sort of sucky....



Users Awards

#8 Davroth

Davroth

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 2,697 posts
  • Ask Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yeah I'm not going to change them in the pictures I drew of her, and I find this an unreasonable demand, to be honest.

As a comparison:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Why doesn't Fleur have one of those stubby unicorn horns anymore, just bigger? Are you going to agrue that Unicorn horns can grow with the body, but wings stay the same form, just grow in size?

Actually, it only a question of aestetics, since this has nothing to do with anything RP related. There are no incredible flying powers related with Celestia's of Luna's wings. The reason why they look different is most likely because they are less simplified, since they are bigger.



Users Awards

#9 Mojo

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

So, when it comes to Celestia's wings, there'll be no more 'winging it?'

(sorry, I couldn't pass up THIS pun!)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D



Users Awards

#10 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yeah I'm not going to change them in the pictures I drew of her, and I find this an unreasonable demand, to be honest.
If you're talking about Opal Shards, the wings in her profile picture were bent (therefore at an odd angle) and can totally pass for normal wings. You are safe. :)

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Why doesn't Fleur have one of those stubby unicorn horns anymore, just bigger? Are you going to agrue that Unicorn horns can grow with the body, but wings stay the same form, just grow in size?
Nice catch! And I would say... yes! Horns remain the same shape, why shouldn't wings? If you were born with those wings, they are the wings you will always have. Though Luna has grown in size from season 1 to season 2, her wings have not changed.

Also, as a side note... prosthetics COULD be used by rich ponies... including a fake horn. It's a tough call, and is may require further staff input as far as the horn length goes.

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Actually, it only a question of aestetics, since this has nothing to do with anything RP related. There are no incredible flying powers related with Celestia's of Luna's wings. The reason why they look different is most likely because they are less simplified, since they are bigger.
They are as unique as their astral hair.



Users Awards

#11 Davroth

Davroth

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 2,697 posts
  • Ask Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

If you're talking about Opal Shards, the wings in her profile picture were bent (therefore at an odd angle) and can totally pass for normal wings. You are safe. :)

I literally lifted those wings off of a Luna picture from the Luna Eclipsed. And the pose. And the body type.

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Nice catch! And I would say... yes! Horns remain the same shape, why shouldn't wings? If you were born with those wings, they are the wings you will always have. Though Luna has grown in size from season 1 to season 2, her wings have not changed.

May I ask why a purely aesthetic choice like that is such an issue? It's wings. They don't even have their own point in the character description. They don't give you any powers. They don't even stand out so much, otherwise this would have come up sooner.

Bigger versions of the usual pegasus wings look weird on bigger ponies. We know they can grow to Luna's size at least. Fleur de Lis proofed that much. I would understand if you were going after the butterfly wings or the weird steampunk wings, but this, I don't understand.

At the end of the day, it's just an artists despiction, and if we go after the ponycreator ponies with Celestia's wingtype, we might as well look through all the drawn pictures and sort out all those that follow a different aesthetic.



Users Awards

#12 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

I literally lifted those wings off of a Luna picture from the Luna Eclipsed. And the pose. And the body type.
Hm, maybe a link then? Perhaps I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Fleur actually looks like she has the body type of Luna... but as she doesn't have wings, that doesn't say anything about that. Body type is fine, wing style is not.

View PostDavroth, on 12 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

May I ask why a purely aesthetic choice like that is such an issue? It's wings. They don't even have their own point in the character description. They don't give you any powers. They don't even stand out so much, otherwise this would have come up sooner.
Again (since this is now an issue)...

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

may require further staff input
Luna wings are a definite no, but as Celestia wings have been able to slide by... we'll see.

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

May I ask why a purely aesthetic choice like that is such an issue?
Same answer as before:

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

They are as unique as their astral hair.
Bottom line is, if your character is not a princess, they aren't going to have them.



Users Awards

#13 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm just sort of afraid this will turn into "Oh yeah that DJ hair? You need to stop using it because only Vinyl has it in the show" or "Oh now your pony needs to be STRICTLY this height /weight because their only this  height/ weight" in the show..



Users Awards

#14 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

I'm just sort of afraid this will turn into "Oh yeah that DJ hair? You need to stop using it because only Vinyl has it in the show" or "Oh now your pony needs to be STRICTLY this height /weight because their only this  height/ weight" in the show..
Eh, ponies have slid by as tall as Luna... even before Fleur De Lis. As tall as Luna is about the limit, although more muscle tone is fine. The pony generator only has so many hair styles, and heck, people in real life share the same hairstyles. It's going to happen. Psh, it's already happened more times than I'd care to research, because hair can be styled. To bring up wings again... you can't style those, they have to be natural or fake. The only other thing (I can think of) that anypony will specifically get called on is having the same Cutie Mark as somepony else... which you'd probably appreciate anyway!



Users Awards

#15 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Eh, ponies have slid by as tall as Luna... even before Fleur De Lis. As tall as Luna is about the limit, although more muscle tone is fine. The pony generator only has so many hair styles, and heck, people in real life share the same hairstyles. It's going to happen. Psh, it's already happened more times than I'd care to research, because hair can be styled. To bring up wings again... you can't style those, they have to be natural or fake. The only other thing (I can think of) that anypony will specifically get called on is having the same Cutie Mark as somepony else... which you'd probably appreciate anyway!



Er in the show don't we sorta constantly see double or triple of the same cutie mark on ocassion?  :blush:



Users Awards

#16 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Er in the show don't we sorta constantly see double or triple of the same cutie mark on ocassion?  :blush:

We also see five of the same pony in one scene. Doesn't mean they have clones! XD



Users Awards

#17 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

We also see five of the same pony in one scene. Doesn't mean they have clones! XD


-shoves Derpy out of frame- Riiight no clones.


I guess I can kind of see where you are coming from with the wings, so I apologize for any hostility, I was mostly just upset with the idea of having to remake all my images  over again... :wail:



Users Awards

#18 Davroth

Davroth

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 2,697 posts
  • Ask Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Save or not, here:
Posted Image

If we accept that Fleur de Lis is canon, then how can anyone argue the uniqueness of those "princess" features anymore? If anything, it would make more sense that the princesses have normal wings, since they are an amalganation of the traits of all 3 pony types? Why shouldn't the princesses have pegasi wings?

I weep when we get to see a Luna-sized pegasus in a future episode with Luna-style wings.



Users Awards

#19 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

    Wonderbolt

  • RP Certified
  • 11,682 posts
  • Ask Me
  • 294-tales-players
  • CutieMark

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostQuickLime, on 12 January 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

I guess I can kind of see where you are coming from with the wings, so I apologize for any hostility, I was mostly just upset with the idea of having to remake all my images  over again... :wail:

Ya... totally our bad on that. :-|



Users Awards

#20 QuickLime

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostMyLittlePonyTales, on 12 January 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ya... totally our bad on that. :-|

Thank Celestia that I only have TWO pegasi anyways so They wern't that hard...

Now if I had to do the UNICORNS!?

:scream:



Users Awards