{Canterlot} The Nut Family Reunion!

QuickLime

Verde glanced up at the small hall that the Nut Family had managed to get for their reunion, her wings were tired from her flight and she landed gracefully on all four hooves, it seemed like she was the first to arrive, it was a shame her husband couldn’t come but he had a house to build and couldn’t miss it for a reunion to HER side of the family, that would just be absurd!

She was looking foreward to seeing her little brother and his growing family again, it would be nice to hug him and mess up his mane, and joke like they did when they were younger!

Since she was early she went in to get a head start on the food, having made her delicious parsnip and cream of carrot soup, put out some fresh corn cakes, and some mouth watering raw veggies! And ofcourse as a joke she set out several baskets of nuts..

Pistachio nuts, Peanuts, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts,BeachNuts... you get the picture..

She snickered at the thought of her family’s face at the sight of the work she had done! There was nothing left to do but wait for her fellow Nuts to arrive!

It wasn't the first time Cracker had made it to Canterlot. He had been before on errands from his brother. Today was a bit different though. He was attending the Nut Family Reunion. He was supposed to be coming with his brother but Acorn Seed had important things to do back at the Acorn farm in Trottingham. He was really looking forward to go with his brother but business had to be taken care off as it was that time of the season when the first harvest of the year had begun.

He managed to reach the hall that Verde had rented. He wasn't sure what to expect. He hasn't met anyone else in the Nut Family before and wondered what to call Verde. Niece? Cousin? He wasn't really sure which side of the family she was in. All he knew was that she was Brazil's older sister. Though he knew about Brazil, he had never met him before either, but only have heard of stories about his exploits.

"Hello?" Cracker peeked from the door. "Anypony here?"

coconutlimebanner1.png

Coconut Lime jumped off the train in Canterlot, with a touch of disappointment--and anger, as it were, towards the train steward. His traveling was finally over, thank Celestia. It had taken him a long blistering trot to the docks, a smelly boat hire to Manehatten, a confusing subway exchange to the train station, and a long uncomfortable ride in the Canterlot Express. All in one day, too. Coconut didn't have many good things to say about the trip as his expressed his displeasure in his thick reggae accent right as he got off. "Tat is a nasteh train ride, you ponies! I should teach you a lesson in ospitaliteh so tat you know ow to make it all comfy cozy."

With him, Coconut had brought three major items. The largest of the three was a steel drum that he wore around his shoulder he had almost decided not to bring. But if he hadn't, he would regret it if the reunion needed some music. He had also brought a coconut toto for eating off the dessert table, and a saddlebag full of souvenirs from the Gallapocous Islands. He knew that several of his family members had never been there before and he thought they'd like a piece of the paradise.

Coconut walked up to the hall where he believed the family had rented out. The address to it came to him in the postcard that he had received. The nut ponies were so busy with their own life and adventures. A send-out in the mail would be the only way everypony would know about it. Coconut walked up behind who he believed to be his cousin Verde. "Verde! Is tat you cousin!? Is dis the right place, mon? Am I the firs to arrive?"

Just as he had spoken, He heard a voice on the other end of the hall. "Hello? Anypony here?"

Verde glanced up hearing Coconut Lime address her by name and she grinned “Cousin Coconut! I do believe you-“ She stopped hearing Cracker down the hall “OVER here cuz!” She called poking her head out and waved at the other pony before standing up to give her Islanding cousin a hug “It’s so good to see you! “ Glad that family members were starting to show up ! And was glad she had added coconuts to her table too..

“Help yourself to the snacks !” She added to her cousins, though shifted her wings a little uncomfortably, it felt weird being the only Pegasus so far, not like she wasn’t used to it though. “It’s so good to see you both! I hope the trip here was pleasant?”

"Heya cousin Verde!" Cracker waved back. "And heya uh... cousin Coco?"

He'd heard about Coconut but never actually met him before. His mane looked odd and kinda funny, so he thought, but he didn't want to show a bad first impression so he tried to play it cool. He reached for his saddle bags and lay on the table a few bags filled with the choicest Acorn Nuts.

"Here! Big brother Acron couldn't make it to day but he made sure that you got these. That there's our first harvest of the year, the best Acorn Nuts this side of Equestria!"

He then turned his attention to his never-before-met cousin. Grabbed his hoof and shook them happily and vigorously.

"Hey there cousin Coco! Mind if I call you Coco? I heard a lot about you from my brother Acorn. He said you were, 'cool', whatever that means."

Acorn really had never met Coconut. Cracker was just trying to sound impressive. He had hoped that his cousin would not see through his mild flattery. A sweat drop had formed on his cheek and it clearly gave away that he was nervous in some sort of way.

Beachnut slowly and nervously made her way to the place she had heard the nut family reunion was going to be. She was wearing a long dress over her wetsuit to conceal her tail. While the ponies in Canterlot seemed nice, she was not too keen on attracting as much attention as a hippocamp in a non-coastal city was likely to attract, not to mention the fact that she wasn't quite certain how well her relatives would accept such a thing. With her dress, she could pass for an earth pony, so long as she didn't have to move too fast and reveal her awkward gait.

She looked around quizzically, not recognizing anypony there. That was hardly, surprising, as her father hadn't even had pictures of his family on the island, and the only relative she was certain she could identify at a glace was Uncle Brazil, who she'd heard many stories about. The unfamiliarity just served to run in the point that she was a complete stranger to all these ponies, and she felt extremely awkward thinking about that. Would they accept her? Would they even believe she was part of the family?

Only one way to find out. She swallowed her nervousness and scooted towards the group of ponies in front of her. "Allo? Is... is this the Nut family party? It is just that I 'ave never met any of my extended family. Ah, I forget myself, I am Beachnut. My father is Malabar, and my grandfather is Butternut..." She trailed off awkwardly. What else could she say? She knew very little about her family, and what she did know was dated to when her father had disappeared. His failure to even let the family know he was alive could have left some hard feelings among the family as well.

coconutlimebanner1.png

"Da trip!? Don even get me started on tat one, cuz. I know going ome won be tat much fun either." Coconut Lime placed a coconut tote he had brought for the dessert table and traded it for some of the fresh celery that decorated one of the tables' centerpieces. He chewed on it as his other cousin, Cracker Nut, walked up to him in greeting.

Coconut began wincing every time he heard him say 'Coco'. By the third time, Coconut, with a mouth full of celery put his right hoof up to Cracker's mouth in interruption. He swallowed the celery in his mouth. "No no, you can jus call me Coconut Lime, or Coconut, or 'tat cool reggae dude.'" Coconut laughed at his own self promotion. "No no, yeah, it's true. I am the coolest pony you'll fin in all of the Gallapocous Islands! And I know how ta haf a good time! In fact, I'm gonna get me steel drum out righ now and play, since there don seem to be much of an atmosphere ere ye." Coconut put down his steel drum and slipped on a pair of rubber soles for his hoofs and began beating the pan lightly to make music.

Coconut saw Beach Nut casually walk in. "Anotha nut pony as arrived! Let's get fis parteh started!"

• 2 weeks later...

Brazil had finally arrived at the discussed location that his , along with his daughter Paradise who was casually lounging on his back.

The reunion was something he'd been excited for for the longest while, having not had a chance to really talk to his other relatives for the longest time - they all led such busy and out of the way lives that organising a nut-reunion could often prove to be a challenge in and of itself.

" Well, this should prove to be good week, Paradise! " He says, casting a glance back at the female lazed on his back. In all honesty, he hadn't really been able to introduce her properly to the family ever since she had dropped in on him all those weeks ago, and it was going to prove interesting to find out how they'd react to him having a daughter more or less out of nowhere. { Quite frankly, even he himself had been surprised by her appearance! }

" Well, let us get on in - I can't wait to see everypony again...and you have a lot of family to meet! "

Trotting on into the hut, Brazil looks around for a moment before he spots a couple of familiar faces...and truth be told, he was happy to see 'em.

" Ah, at last...I thought I wouldn't see any familiar faces - It's nice to see everypony again, it's been...well, a while! "

Edited by Robikku Pegasus