[Cloudsdale] Friends In The Clouds [Open]

Silverbolt placed a hoof on Sky's shoulder and said with a gentle smile, "You did what you could. My injuries were a result of my own heroic antics after my accidental collision with a tree. I'm sure Golden Heart paid a visit to Sunrise's family dental clinic and his smile has probably been repaired perfectly.". He understood where Sky was coming from as he felt the same way about it. "I feel the same way you do. If I hadn't broken a bone, I would have been right with you, giving my all.", Silverbolt said , his smile replaced with a look of regret.

"I'm really glad every-ponies safe." Cloudius breathed a sigh of relief, then frown3ed at Silverbolt. "Though you should have left saving me to the ponies who weren't hurt. I made that cloud support bed for a reason!"

He couldn't hold it though, and chuckled. "I guess that whole do or die mentality comes with the wings. Pegasi, more bravery than brains the lot of us."

He rested back in his bed, taking another bite of his apple and swallowing before continuing. "I guess I never explained what I was doing, did I? You guys deserve an explanation after all you went through. Basically, I figured since it was a cloud, and that's what I'm best at, I might be able to affect it. On top was the safest place while I used my talent to connect with it. Once I started, I wasn't going to be able to dodge."

He shook his head. "I don't know how it started, but I can guess. The Everfree Forest creates it's own clouds, moisture in the air just condenses by itself, without a pegasus helping it along. I think the cloud may have gotten mixed up with the magic of the place in this case, and it started to be aware of it's own growth. Obviously, it wanted to go on living, which meant growing. Up to a point, I guess it would have sustained itself off the magic and moisture over the forest, but then it started feeling hungry.

"That started some kind of vicious cycle. Hunger made it scared and frantic to find more 'food', and the more active it got the faster it used up magic, making it even hungrier. It wasn't evil, just hungry and scared, like a starving wild animal. I have to wonder if it would have made it to Cloudsdale before it died of starvation. Maybe not, I'm glad we didn't have to find out."

"At first I'd intended to stop it at all costs, disrupt the cycle with my own magic by reshaping the key areas, but that would have killed it, and I couldn't do that or rather not just that. It was a living thing, and however it came about it deserved to go on living. So When I pushed my magic into it, I put in two twists. The first disrupted the magical flows as I'd intended, but the second re-established them at a lower level. That's what really took it out of me. But if I did it right, it should have lived on, though it will never grow beyond a cumulous mediocritis, and it should be able to survive in the Everfree without hunting extra clouds."

He looked around. "You guys saw it, after I'd finished, how did it look?"