Can you be a brony if your a girl?

Cuccoruler

About myself: I'm a girl!

How did you hear about Canterlot.com?: Google

How did you became a fan of FiM?: Curiosity, Memebase

My one favourite main cast pony?: Pinkamina Diane Pie
So yeah I'm new! and I'm a girl! I'm not entirely sure if that makes me a brony though...

Can you be a Brony if ur a girl?

Oh and I'm cuccoruler!

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions. If you're wondering about girls being Bronies, check out the Bronies? Pegasisters? Mares? topic.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Typically the term for older or grown-up, male fans of the "My little Pony" franchise. But since there is no common and nalog term for female fans of the show, brony can as well be used gender-neutral.

I Think what the means, is that the majority of people who like the show, are recognized as a Brony from an outside view. When looked at from someone with in the community who knows the terminology, then if they want to point out that your female then they will probably call you pegasister. How ever since the majority of people talking will be bronys, it's odd for someone to blurt out randomly: "hey i am a brony!"

So the terminology for female has come what under-used and Brony now like many other things has simply become gender-neutral if not to: Save time when typing, Many people won't know what you are, so it's easy just to say brony, from an outside view would easily recognize the word brony, but might not with pegasister & In all honesty 'Pegasister' sounds strange :)

Guest EoLPinkie

Silly filly, any pony can be a brownie. Unless you don't like them :-o But how can anypony not like brownies?! If you're going with "bro"ny as guys being bros, you could be a "brah"ny! I had a surfer guy explain it to me once... He had great teeth :D Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Canterlot! :Pinkie: Yay! I hope you like having friends, cuz you've got one in this pony! Woo! Do you like games? I love games! I like to sing while playing games and bouncing while baking cupcakes! Let me know if there's anything I can do to make you smile!