Occupant count +1

Parodius

Hello, fillies and gentlecolts. It's nice to meet you all, even though we may have met in less peaceful pastures before.

I've been lurking about for a while, and finally decided it was time to register, poke my nose in and say hello. I've had an interest in RPing in the world of Equestria for a while now, and once the applications open up again, I suppose I can. A few of the other RP groups I've been in seemed to enjoy having me about, so apparently, I've done something right about that in the past. In addition to dinking about and being something I'm not, I've also got bad humor to share, as well as modest art and writing skills. I've got a tendency to slip through the cracks, though. I'm easily forgettable, I guess. I've got an interest in the world of Equestria itself, as well as pony ergonomics, so perhaps I shall have a chance to indulge my interests here.

I suppose I've blathered on for long enough. I hope we can have a long and happy friendship together. (Now, I guess I need to wander about to try and get out of the low postcount corral, eh?)

Welcome to the forums!

As for getting started here, once your up to 5+ posts, the rest of the board will open up for you to post in. Until then, you can search out other new users and welcome them, or tell us more about yourself, your hobbies, or your particular involvements in the fandom; or just how badly waiting for tomorrow's episode is driving you batty- after that you can post in any of our other numerous sections of the board with the exception of RP.

There are some useful links in my signature below you can use to reach our rules page (a tantalizing read by our Admin, Ashi), and to the Equestrian Characters board, where you can find nifty and thrifty (free!) resources to help you on your way to making your own character to RP.

If you have any questions, be sure to let me know!

Welcome to the herd :3

Thanks for the welcome, Manestream and Orange Dart. No questions just yet. And yeah. Reading the rules before I post is one of the first things I usually do in a new place. Just helps to get a good feel for the place.

I suppose I could go into a bit more detail about my hobbies, but sometimes, I get a tad verbose. As for the fandom, I've browsed the generals since about... I'm not sure. I think it was either part 2 of the pilot, or the ticket master. Possibly Applebuck Season. That opening prologue sunk its hooks into me hard. Time and again in watching the series, I'm fascinated by just how grim and dangerous their world is, and at the same time, utterly amazed at how easily these ponies stay cheerful, happy, friendly, and not at all grimdarked up by this world of theirs that has time and again shown just how dangerous it is. The main and side characters actually have personality and life about them, as opposed to the braindead same-personality clone syndrome that sometimes afflicts animated shows intended for children. Even the BACKGROUND characters have been shown to have a little personality here and there. It's a wonderful world that holds many many layers, and I look forward to each episode, hoping to learn more about these ponies and their world.

Favorite pony is pretty much undecided at the moment, even after all these eps. Twilight's pretty far up there, though. As is Princess Celestia. Applejack just hasn't gotten enough character development, in my opinion. She's still good, but she could be better. I guess it's a case of it being difficult to build on a very down-to-earth earth pony. She'd probably do well to just have them fill in her history, in lieu of putting a magnifying glass on her personality, like some other ponies have had.

(Oh neat. It notifies you if a post has been made in the time that you've been typing away on your post, and gives a chance to review your post due to it.)

Hi! Wow, you type some long posts. I get the feeling you'd be a pretty darn good role-player. :D

Yeah, I can get a bit wordy at times. A picture's worth a thousand words, right? So wouldn't a thousand words be worth a picture? All the better to describe what's happening.

Welcome to the boards! Have a good time here. :D

Thanks! I hope I will! Hope you do as well.