[Ponyville]It takes a Rose[CLOSED, PM for invite]

Rose felt so very happy for the praise that Caramel, Bramble, and now a third pony were giving to her roses. She outright blushed as Caramel named her roses amazing, turning her head away so she wouldn't show the sudden redness on her cheeks. She gave a brief smile to Caramel and Bramble before turning her attention to Arctic.

"My, my, hello there! How nice to meet you! My name is Rose, but my friends often call me Roseluck, and I like to think that everyone is a friend I haven't met yet! What might your name be?" She gave another smile. She glanced around, making sure the ponies around her were treating her roses nicely, but everything seemed fine.

At least, it was till Bramble fell on the ground! She reached up to touch his face with her hoof, a worried expression on her face. "Are you all right? You didn't hurt yourself, did you? Oh, I hope not!" Rose hated it when ponies got hurt - and for him to fall on her property! how terrible!

Arcy blinked. Suddenly she had the attention of two ponies at once.

She wasn't quite sure how to react at first but thankfully- in a rather unfortunate way- Rose was distracted, leaving Arcy to divert her attention to Caramel.

"I'm, uh... Arcy.."

She mumbled it, yet got it out loud enough for Rose to hear had she still been listening at the moment.

"And... yeah, I'm actually, looking for the rose to use in.. a certain project. Somepony told me this was the best place to look for roses."

She gave a faint smile- slight and forced, but still sincere.

• 4 weeks later...

Lightly confused, the stallion shrugged and smiled back at her. ''A.. project, you say?'' he said, and chuckled. ''What kind of.. project?'' the stallion asked, looking over the flowers a bit. ''.. It's related to.. flowers, i'm guessing.''

He stopped and chuckled. ''Oh, uhm, excuse my.. manners.. my name is Caramel, like.. you know, on the apples!'' he claimed, and smiled awkwardly. ''.. like.. caramel apples..'' he added and scratched his head, laughing it off quietly. He always had trouble explaining his name, even though he had no idea why he did it each time he mentioned his name.

Bramble flushed, as Roseluck lightly touched his cheek. "Oh, no, I'm Rose. I mean, I'm fine. But I'm also Rose. Bramble Rose, that is, that's my name. And I grow roses too! You've done a fine job here, a really fine job." He smiled and stepped into her garden, his hooves falling very carefully as he worked his way amongst the bushes, dipping his head to give a soft sniff here and there.

"I'll let you deal with your customers first, then we can talk." He gave a bright smile to Roseluck.