[Ponyville] The Animal Adoption Fair (PM for invite)

Corsair

Bronze Breeze swoops in down from the skies nearby the town hall where the Animal Adoption Fair was taking place, breaking his speed as he came close to the ground and landing softly on it a few dozen feet or so away. He makes his way towards the event, taking his time to glance around at Ponyville, for it had been a while since he'd last been here, and he was in no rush. The pet he had in his mind was not yet set in concrete, though he had little doubts, from what he'd heard, that Fluttershy would manage to find the right one for him.

As he approaches the center he takes a look at the other ponies around, seeing Fluttershy get a bit overwhelmed he restrained his urge to rush over and try to revive her, things seemed well in hand. He glances over and notices his friend Amity Accurate chatting away with some other ponyfolk, he left him be as he seemed to be in his zone for news gathering. He nods politely to the Mayor as she went around introducing herself and the event to the other ponies. He finds a place not too close to Fluttershy but not entirely out of the way to wait, there had been others ahead of him after all, and he was not prone to pushing his way through a line. He had time after all.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silverbolt, a young dark blue pegasus stallion with a 2 tone light blue mane and tail was flying over Ponyville. He was returning to his home in Cloudsdale after finishing a delivery of packages to Canterlot when he spotted a large group of ponies gathered in a field with refreshments and animals. He thought, "I wonder what's going on down there?". He began to glide down and flaring his wings, gently landed at the wooden pole with the open flag hanging from it. Glancing around, he saw a, pink maned, yellow pony flitting around, checking on animals and answering questions. He decided that she must be the one in charge of whatever was going on. He also saw ponies leaving with animals and deduced that it was either an adoption fair or an open air pet shop. This brought back memories of his 2 pet dogs that he had loved as a young colt, this brought a smile to his face and a tear to his eye. "Maybe it's time for me to love and care for another pet, I can't pine for my dearly departed pets forever.", he said to himself as he began to browse all the animals, not sure what he wanted but knew he would find what he wanted eventually.

((I apologize in advance, I dont keep up well in crowded threads, but this is about the only place I can stick pip right now to keep him "active", so...))

The little pinto pony wandered through the area, the grin never fading from his face as he looked between lizards, puppies, and, of course, avines. He would love a bird, after all, ALL the pirates had them... he looked at several that were 'on display' and cocked his head, wondering why the larger bird was being so friendly to the smaller ones that it should technically have been eating, at least as per his books... and why was a bat there? bats weren't birds... but as if to answer his question, the bat let go of it's perch and flapped on elsewhere, clearly it was simply not willing to stay put... Pip watched it fly off and found himself slowly following, intrigued by it and wondering if a Bat were close enough to a parrot to qualify as a pirate's pet...

((anyone who wants to, feel free to take control of the bat, it's just an NPC to distract him))

EDIT:

((So is this thread dead now?))

Amity paused in his impromptu interview as soon as he saw his friend Bronze Breeze stroll on in, as well as a young pinto and another pegasus he didn't recognize. Nodding to the Twins, he offered an apologetic smile. "Do you think you could hold that thought? I see a friend of mine over there." The quill settled itself behind one ear, the scroll rolling up and resting on his back. He should have brought his saddlebags with him but he had been in such a hurry to get to the Fair...!

Making his way towards the back of the group, or line, or whatever the gathering of ponies still somewhat close to Fluttershy was, he tapped the familiar brown pegasi on the flank. "Hey BB. What's this, looking for a cute crittery companion, or admiring the fillies?"

(OOC: hm I think Im clear to post, somepony feel free to nudge me if not)

The twins stood back ant watched as Fluttershy was given room to revive.

As they stood aside, back near the refreshment table, an eaager unicorn came over to them and introduced himself and asked for them t answer some questions.

Hoss and Shanna nodded "We would be happy to answer your questions, Mr. Amity Accurate, I'm Hoss Skybright."

The pegasus mare waved a wing "Ask away, and we will do our best. I am his twin, Shanna Skybright."

((Sorry everypony, have been procrastinating on giant post. With so many ponies in this thread, don't worry too much about post order, I'll try to deal with everypony as I can.))

"Well I'm glad to see you have recovered!"

"Oh, well, thank you for your concern, Cheerilee," Fluttershy said to the teacher. "I just get so nervous sometimes."

"Well i do hope you did consider teaching anypony who is adopting here today about responsible pet ownership."

"Oh, of course!" she said to Cheerilee's question. "I tell all the ponies who adopt a pet about proper care and feeding,and that they can always come back if they need help!"

Speaking to Cheerilee made Fluttershy realize that nopony had adopted a pet yet! She started to look around a bit frantically for somepony to help, when;

"Hello there, I'm Sky Flare, stunt pony. You may have heard about me as I'm around Ponyville alot. I'm looking for a pet, but not just any pet. It has to keep up with me, it has to be cool, and most importantly it has to fly. So you got anything that fits those things?"

This pony reminded Fluttershy of a certain rainbow-maned pegasus, who had requested the same things in a pet. But, of course, Rainbow Dash had chosen Tank over any of the flying competitors. Wait, the competitors from the race... "Oh, I have just the right thing!" she said excitedly. She zipped away from Sky Flare, coming back with a falcon on her front leg. "This falcon came in a few weeks ago," she said to the other pegasus, "The poor dear had a bad landing and hit his head. But he's 100% healthy now!"

Fluttershy decided she that she ought to talk to the twins who had been the first to arrive. But, as she approached the pair, she noticed a unicorn speaking to them. A unicorn with a scroll and quill at the ready, who looked to be asking questions. Fluttershy froze. During her awful time as a model for Photo Finish, she had learned to recognize a reporter. The reporter then turned to greet another pegasus who had just arrived. Fluttershy backed away slowly, hoping we wouldn't be noticed.

The mayor seemed to be in her element, greeting ponies as they arrived. Fluttershy picked a moment when the older mare was alone and approached her. "Ms. Mayor? I'm so sorry about what happened earlier, I know you were just trying to help," she told her. "Um, were you interested in a pet too?"

Fluttershy saw yet another pegasus descend on the Fair. The stallion was several shades of blue, and he was looking around the fair as if not quite sure where to go. With Angel's prodding presence still on her back she made her way over to the newcomer. "Um, welcome to the fair, can I help you find anything?"

Fluttershy was now trotting contentedly thorough the fair. Everything seemed to be going rather well, despite her earlier fears. She looked up as a bat flew overhead. She smiled at the creature; he was probably stretching his wings to stay awake, it was way past his normal bed time. She looked down just in time to barely avoid tripping over a small colt who was following the bat's flight. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there!" she said, kneeling down. "Are you here to see the animals?"

((I'm going to throw this up here since it's gonna be short and I know i'll get lost if I wait >.<))

Pip danced back himself, seeing the mare nearly bump into him, or did he nearly bump into her? it looked liek both of them were watching the little winged mouse too closely...

"Oh Hullo miss" said Pip "I'm alright, I was just lookin' at the critters" he smiled "you have some really lovely ones here" he pointed at the retreating winged mammel "I really think your bat's cool" he grinned

Silverbolt looked up and found himself face to face with Fluttershy. "Uh... Hello... Fluttershy, I am Silverbolt. I came here because I felt it was time for me to get a new pet. I still fondly remember my two dogs I had as a young colt that I cared for with all my heart. I just need a pet that is loyal, flies, and not too complicated to care for. Thank you for taking the time to ask me what I needed Fluttershy.", he said as he smiled, but with tears in his eyes as he remembered, Cubby and Bean, his 2 little dogs.

Sky waited as Fluttershy left to find a pet. With all the critters scampering about, he knew that he had a good chance of finding a pet. The anticipation was getting to him, making him pace back and forth like a colt waiting for a present. Fluttershy then returned with a falcon. Strangely he didn't think about a falcon previously, focusing of other flying animals like an eagle or a raven. It did look cool to him and he knew falcons were fast.

"Hmm... a falcon. Didn't think about getting a falcon but you know he does look cool. And I've seen them fly so I know they're fast. So, does this falcon have a name? And can it do any stunts?"

"Ms. Mayor? I'm so sorry about what happened earlier, I know you were just trying to help," she told her. "Um, were you interested in a pet too?"

The Mayor was quite surprised at the question thrown to her. She didn't know if she had the time to take care of one, especially with the busy and hectic work schedule she had on her hooves. It did seem like a good idea though. Maybe she could have an ideal pet that could keep up with her and require minimal supervision when she was busy with her work.

"Hmmm...." She rubbed her hoof on her chin as she began to contemplate on what Fluttershy said. "Now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to have a pet, but I don't know if I would have much time to take care of it when I work. But we'll see. What kind of pet would you suggest for me Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy smiled down at the little paint colt. He had a bit of a Trottingham accent that just made his voice that much cuter. "Well, that's just fine if you just want to look around, " she said. "Oh, yes, I love bats too. Some ponies find them scary, but they just look like little mice with wings to me!" She made her voice a bit more serious, and said, "Now if you want to maybe take the little bat home, or one of the other animals here, I'd need to talk to your parents first."

Fluttershy started tearing up too as Silverbolt talked about the dogs he'd had in his colthood. "Ohhh.... it's so sad to loose your animals. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my Angel Bunny." Fluttershy then began to think about his request. "Oh! I have an idea!" she said perking up. She flitted away, only to come back a moment later with a parrot standing between her ears. "Parrots are smart, they eat nuts and berries and fruit like ponies, they can fly, and they can talk!" She rolled her eyes up to the bird on her head. "Say 'Hello' Mr. Parrot!"

"Squawk! Hello!" the parrot replied.

Fluttershy looked back at Silverbolt "What do you think?"

((Leaving the color up to you if you want.))

"No, he doesn't have a name yet," Fluttershy said to Skyflare. "As for tricks;" She paused and then threw her foreleg up into the air, launching the falcon and giving him some additional lift. The bird spread his wings and flapped to get altitude. He then went into a dive, pulling up only a few hooves from the ground then shooting into the sky again. On the next pass, the falcon did a tight barrel roll on the decent before pulling up into a full loop. Finally, the bird went into a third dive. Fluttershy tossed a tough length of rope up into the air. The falcon snatched the rope out of the air in his talons before descending to the top of a nearby cloud with his prize.

The yellow pegasus turned to the white one. "Do you like him?"

Fluttershy frowned for just a moment, thinking of what pet would be best suited to the Mayor. She was a busy mare, and probably wouldn't want a pet that was too energetic, and one that would not get in the way during her duties. The answer was obvious after a moment. "I'll be right back!" she said to the Mayor.

In a moment Fluttershy had returned with an adult cat. "This kitty belonged to a pegasus that had to move up to Cloudsdale, and she couldn't take her along. I didn't think you'd want a kitten, because they take a lot of attention, but this kitty is already trained, and just needs some love."

Pip grinned at Fluttershy saying she liked the bat too then sighed "no, mum's already said no to any pets" he said "it's still ok if I look around and play with them here thought, right?" he asked with a smile, clearly he did really like animals and no doubt one day when he was older he *would* be back for one --- quite possibly a bat, since he seemed quite interested in it.

Sky Flare assumed tat the falcon knew a few basic tricks. He read once that falcons could be trained, usually to retrieve things. But when this falcon performed its tricks, Sky stood amazed. Finally when the bird's flight show ended, Sk was able to recover and speak. "That is so awesome! I knew falcons could do tricks, but not like that. It'll be so cool having him with me. Imagine me and him performing stunt in the air as a sea of cheering fans called out our names. Then, when I become a Wonderbolt, they'll make him an honorary member. It'll be so sweet! I'll take him."

Sky realized that he needed to give his new pet a name. It had to represent him and his stunts. Besides, Sky couldn't just call his pet falcon "Falcon" all the time. "I think I'll call you... Dart. How does that sound," Sky asked the bird.

Fluttershy started tearing up too as Silverbolt talked about the dogs he'd had in his colthood. "Ohhh.... it's so sad to loose your animals. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my Angel Bunny." Fluttershy then began to think about his request. "Oh! I have an idea!" she said perking up. She flitted away, only to come back a moment later with a parrot standing between her ears. "Parrots are smart, they eat nuts and berries and fruit like ponies, they can fly, and they can talk!" She rolled her eyes up to the bird on her head. "Say 'Hello' Mr. Parrot!"

"Squawk! Hello!" the parrot replied.

Fluttershy looked back at Silverbolt "What do you think?"

((Leaving the color up to you if you want.))

Listening to Fluttershy talk about how hard it was to lose your animals, he felt that he could trust her judgment when it came time to pick a pet to take home with him. Watching her go off and return with a red and blue macaw in tow, he listened to her explain it's diet and other details vital in the care of a parrot. When she had finished her explanation and the parrot had greeted him he replied with a grin, "Thank you Fluttershy, you are the best! I will teach him more words and provide many stimulating toys to keep his mind sharp.". Thinking for a moment, he came up with a name for the parrot, "I think I'll name you Nero. Do you like your name Nero?", he asked the parrot. His eyes had dried up and had an excited gleam as he looked at the parrot.

(ooc; ooops, missed that the post above my last post was Amity saying he would be back to them)

Shanna and Hoss blinked as the reporter trotted off to meet up with a friend he just spotted.

"Um, okay." "we'll be around here somewhere..."

They took the opportunity to amble around , looking at the pets and working their way closer to Fluttershy.

A pink flamingo waved and shook their hooves with a webbed foot trying to impress them. The twins shook their heads "Sorry, we

work way into the night." "Yes, while you can fly, you'll be asleep when we need to travel."

The twins kept moving looking for bats or owls, or for Fluttershy for suggestions.

"No, mum's already said no to any pets. It's still ok if I look around and play with them here thought, right?"

"Oh certainly!" Fluttershy said to the colt. "In fact, I think some of the doggies are getting kind-of bored," she added, pointing a hoof toward her resident pack of dogs, several of which were lying down, nearly asleep. "You can go play with them if you want."

Fluttershy smiled widely at Sky Flare's reaction. This was the moment that made all the headaches and embarrassment worthwhile. "Oh, I'm so, so happy for you two!" she exclaimed, hovering happily before the pair. "Now, I have a scroll I can give you with some tips on taking care of raptors, and I know that Twilight Sparkle at the library has some books if you want to read them, and I have some treats I can give you for Dart and..."

Fluttershy was cut off by a cough. Angel, having grabbed the ponies' attention, gestured toward a wooden box with a slot cut in the top.

Fluttershy blushed, but she knew Angel was right. "And, um, if you wouldn't mind, um, donating some bits to the Shelter? So I can take care of the animals of course..."

Fluttershy was less giddy this time, but she was still thrilled that she had found a match for Silverbolt.

"Thank you Fluttershy, you are the best!"

Fluttershy hid behind her mane at the complement, but she was too excited for Silverbolt and Nero to stay bashful for long. "I'm just glad that you're happy," she said with a smile. "Now, I can give you some information on how to take care of macaws, and, um, if you feel like donating to the Shelter we'd really appreciate it."

Looking around, Fluttershy noticed that the pegasus twins were no longer speaking to the report. She breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't want to disappoint anypony who had come to the fair, but she had been just to scared to approach the pair with press pony nearby.

As she got closer to the pair, she heard part of the conversation the two were having with the flamingo.

"Sorry, we work way into the night." "Yes, while you can fly, you'll be asleep when we need to travel."

"Oh, you want a nocturnal pet?" she asked brightly, then shrunk back a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry, I overheard. But anyway, " she recovered, getting a bit of confidence back. "We have a couple of owls in the trees (it's too bright out for them today you know,) and we have a few bats, since you want something that can fly. Now, bats can be very nice pets, but some owls can actually be very helpful to ponies. My friend Twilight Sparkle has an owl that helps her with her research at night. What did you two have in mind?"

Silverbolt chuckled a little as Fluttershy hid behind her mane at his compliment. "She is just as advertised" he thought to himself as he replied to her request to donate and for additional information, "I would be delighted to support your shelter, Fluttershy.".

Looking at his new friend, he smiled and asked, "Anything special I should know about Macaws that differ from other parrot species?". As he was asking that, he noticed the little pinto foal playing with the puppies and he began to tear up again. Opening his saddlebag, he pulled out his bits pouch, that was fat with tips and what he had been saving up for days. He opened it and brought out 100 bits and dropped them into the donation box. He closed up the pouch, which had deflated quite a bit from it's previous form. Placing it back in the saddlebag, a feeling of warmth suffused his being as he smiled and closed his eyes. Giving to help homeless and injured pets always made him feel alive.

Pip grinned and nodded "Thank you, miss Fluttershy!" he siad "and I promise when Mum and Da' say I can, I'll be taking one of your little friends home" he smiled, glancing again at the bat, which was now napping in a nearby tree, no doubt it was still his favorite and he would likely be back for it one day. he padded over to the dogs and found a stick nearby and whistled at them, tossing the stick a short distance away from the crowds, grinning the whole time.

((every time I talk about the bat here I keep hearing "...do you have anything in a yellow, striped, bat?"))

"Oh thanks for showing me Dart," Sky said overjoyed as he hugged Fluttershy. It was partly due to his gratitude for showing him Dart. Yet it was also Flutteshy's cute excitement for finding him a pet that just compelled him to yug her. It was nice to see the yellow pegasus happy and expressing her emotions raher than acting ... well... shy. Then he realized that if Fluttershy would faint at giving a speech, then there was no telling what she would do with a simple hug. He quickly let go and tried to make her feel at ease again. "I mean yeah thanks. I'd love to see that scroll. And you said donations, right? Sure I can donate! It's the least I can do."

(OOC: You knew that Fluttershy would get a hug from somepony eventually. Not sure how Fluttershy will react though.)

Is heading home from making a decent day at his corner musically when he notices all the animals, "what the?"

Flies over to where all the commotion is going on when he notices a small group of ponies conversing with eachother whilst playing with some of the animals.

Approaches the group, "hi! whatcha guys doin? I'm FlashChord, but you can call me Flash or Chord!"

The twins perked up excitedly as Futtershy came up behind them and commented.

Shanna nickered sweetly as they turned to face Fluttershy "Oh those are wonderful suggestions!"

Hoss smiled "Yes! I would not mind a bat, but we would love to have an assistant like Twilight Sparkle has!'

Shanna nodded agreement "Exactly, I think bats are cute, but so are owls. A friend and helper in one would be great!"

Hoss smiled "Would you introduce us to the owls, please? I am "Hoss" Skybright."

Shanna continued "And I am Shanna."

Fluttershy felt her jaw drop open a bit at the size of Silverbolt's donation. "That's VERY generous of you!" she said, smiling. "Thank you very much! Oh, about macaws, well, most parrots like to gnaw on things, but macaws have very strong beaks. So, if you get any toys for Nero, they'll have to be tough! Oh and, um, if he starts pulling out his feathers, that means he's not happy, or he's very bored..." Fluttershy reached up to scratch the back of Nero's head with a hoof. "I'm so happy for you Nero. Good luck!" she said to the parrot.

The yellow pegasus smiled gently as the little paint colt ran off with a stick for the dogs. She then took a look up at the bat they had both been watching. He was hanging from the tree, feigning sleep, but he was watching the colt too, with one eye open. Well, even if Pip wasn't allowed to have any pets, it looked like he might get a night time visitor sometimes.

Fluttershy couldn't help but share Sky Flare's excitement. She loved it when she could make a good match between pony and pet. But then, the white pegasus did something unexpected, he grabbed Fluttershy in an aerial hug.

Fluttershy went as stiff as a board. She barely had the will power to keep her wings flapping. When Sky released her, she did fall to her hooves, her yellow face turning bright red. "Oh, I, um..." she stuttered, not able to form a full sentence. "I-i-it was my p-p-pleasure," she finally managed to stutter out. A quick look up at Dart showed the falcon covering his beak with a wing, trying to hide a laugh.

When Sky Flare offered a donation, Fluttershy stammered out "O-only if you want t-to," still unable to meet the other pegasus' eyes.

"Oh those are wonderful suggestions!"

"Yes! I would not mind a bat, but we would love to have an assistant like Twilight Sparkle has!'

"Exactly, I think bats are cute, but so are owls. A friend and helper in one would be great!"

"Would you introduce us to the owls, please? I am "Hoss" Skybright."

"And I am Shanna."

"It's nice to meet you both!" Fluttershy said to the twins. She had looked back and forth at the pair as they talked, and it was interesting how they almost seemed to finish each other's thoughts. "Come over this way," she told the pegusi, "Most of the owls are resting in the shade in this tree."

There were several owls of varying sizes in the tree, many of them dozing; it was long past when many of the birds would have gone to roost for the daytime. Turning to the twins, Fluttershy told them "We have a screech owl, a barn owl, a snowy owl, even a great big eagle owl! Do you see one you'd like to meet?"

The yellow pegasus smiled gently as the little paint colt ran off with a stick for the dogs. She then took a look up at the bat they had both been watching. He was hanging from the tree, feigning sleep, but he was watching the colt too, with one eye open. Well, even if Pip wasn't allowed to have any pets, it looked like he might get a night time visitor sometimes.

((D'awwwwwwww that is so adorable! :D :D :D ))

Pip continued playing with the dogs

((not really much to say here, if anyone wants to interact with him, go ahead, but he's kinda distracted lol))

Fluttershy couldn't help but share Sky Flare's excitement. She loved it when she could make a good match between pony and pet. But then, the white pegasus did something unexpected, he grabbed Fluttershy in an aerial hug.

Fluttershy went as stiff as a board. She barely had the will power to keep her wings flapping. When Sky released her, she did fall to her hooves, her yellow face turning bright red. "Oh, I, um..." she stuttered, not able to form a full sentence. "I-i-it was my p-p-pleasure," she finally managed to stutter out. A quick look up at Dart showed the falcon covering his beak with a wing, trying to hide a laugh.

When Sky Flare offered a donation, Fluttershy stammered out "O-only if you want t-to," still unable to meet the other pegasus' eyes.

Sky couldn't believe that he just hugged a pony that he hardly knew before. Why would he do such a silly thing? Was he really that lonely and longing for somepony? No, he couldn't be doing this. He couldn't be just blurting out these emotions. Otherwise, ponies might start to think that he's gone mad.

"Heh, I'm really sorry about that... un Fluttershy," he said blushing from his embarassment, "I'm usually not a hugging type of pony, so I don't know what came over me. I mean you helped me find a pet which was cool and you are cute and..."

Sky stopped. If he continued talking like this, Fluttershy would think he was insane for sure.

"Anyway, of course I'll donate! I mean you helped me find Dart here. And you have to help other ponies find pets, right? So it'll be my pleasure!"

With that he dropped a few bits into the donations container.

Fluttershy felt her jaw drop open a bit at the size of Silverbolt's donation. "That's VERY generous of you!" she said, smiling. "Thank you very much! Oh, about macaws, well, most parrots like to gnaw on things, but macaws have very strong beaks. So, if you get any toys for Nero, they'll have to be tough! Oh and, um, if he starts pulling out his feathers, that means he's not happy, or he's very bored..." Fluttershy reached up to scratch the back of Nero's head with a hoof. "I'm so happy for you Nero. Good luck!" she said to the parrot.

Silverbolt reopened his eyes and saw Fluttershy's reaction to his donation and felt even warmer than before. His smile widened as he replied in a friendly tone, "You are very welcome. I always feel more alive when I help others in any way I can. It was the least I could do to help you in your mission and for finding me a pet that suits my needs. I'll keep a close eye on him and make sure he isn't bored.". Watching her reach up into his mane and scratch Nero's head as she bade him good luck, his face flushed a little as he smiled again at Fluttershy. Nero squawked, "Thank you!" as Fluttershy scratched him with a hoof. Silverbolt then said with a wave of his hoof and a smile on his face, "I'd better head home and get Nero acclimated to his new home! I'll keep in mind what you said about caring for him and will visit the library if I have any further issues.". Silverbolt then backed up a respectful distance from Fluttershy before taking flight, Nero following close behind him and squawking with glee.

(Silverbolt has left the building!)

Timid Star(Metallic Gold unicorn colt with a cerulean mane and tail, small stature and physically weak blank flank), had been told to bring Boney here by a vet who couldn't help him. He saw all the other ponies roaming around and he began to feel uncomfortable, "Maybe I should have come at a less busy time...", he thought to himself as he began to shake with fear. Glancing at the gold medallion around his neck, the smile returned and he felt empowered again as he walked up to the pink maned pony, panting from exhaustion as he was carrying his dog Boney, on his back. "Excuse me, could you please take a look at my pet? He hasn't felt well for several days and no pony else has been able to help me! I was told to come to you for help... that is.... if... you a-aren't too busy.", he said, his voice filled with worry. He began to cry as he thought, "She's gonna get angry and say that it is my fault that he is ill! He's been with me since I was a foal and I cared for him like I would a brother.". He turned his head away in shame and in anticipation of the verbal assault that he was sure he was gonna receive.

Archived