[Ponyville] The Animal Adoption Fair (PM for invite)

Corsair

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Zecora followed after the pale yellow Pegasus, and tilted her head once they were there. Eyes widening in surprise as the small gray fox limped out with her little cast and other bandages, it only took a moment of looking in those deep canine-like eyes for Zecora to feel her heart melt like chocolate left out on a sunny window ceil… “Oh my…” She muttered quietly and smiled “This little one I do declare seems in much need of love and care…”

She raised a hoof up and delicately stroked the fox’s soft dapple gray fur and glanced at Fluttershy and with a smile that went clear to her eyes she sighed “Fluttershy, I think I would like to give raising her a try, She needs me that’s clear to see, and she will be most happy in my tree! With all of those woods to roam..I think she’ll enjoy her new home”

There was no way she was going to leave her behind, she just couldn’t now! Those eyes… that face! Zecora wouldn’t be able to forgive herself for leaving such a creature behind! Fluttershy was truly a master of matchmaking having paired her with just the perfect creature for her needs..and the needs of the small fox that lay before her.

“Just let me pay,and me and BrightEyes shall be on my way! Once home she can rest, for that for her surly will be for the best”

• 5 weeks later...

The twins watched excitedly as Fluttershy returned with the foal and the dog that was the medical emergency. They were relieved that he seemed to be on the mend.

They waved as Zecora came through and was led off by Fluttershy to find a pet.

Hoss and Shanna looked at each other "I wonder what she will find?" "Perhaps like Rainbow Dash's turtle, it will find her?"

The twins laughed together at that one and turned to their new pets "Well you two, shall we work on some stunts to give this fair some publicity?"

Blizzard and Titan hooted agreement and started to play with rings and balls as they tossed them back and forth as they each perched on their owner's foreleg.

Blizzy tossed a spinning ring to Titan with a wingtip while Titan tossed a small ball back in return.

All four kept looking to the ponies coming to the fair to see if anypony stopped to watch.

• 6 months later...

(ooc): HOORAY! Glad this RP has been restarted!

150px-Too_smelly.png

Pigpen walked over to Fluttershy, the flies that follow him buzzing around the unkempt stallion's head.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi there, Fluttershy! I was wondering if you could find the perfect pet for me. For some strange reason, I can't seem to get any of the woodland animals who live near my junkyard to agree to become my pet. My flies are nice and they do help me out a lot, but I was hoping to find a furry companion that would be willing to stay with me. Any suggestions?"[/colour]

2e52753e-0996-492f-b4f1-07d1e67f7796_zps6fa035b2.jpg

[colour=#ff0000]"Getting a pet! I'm getting a pet! Fluttershy will be the best, at finding me a pet!"[/colour] Winter Bloom sang to herself as she entered Fluttershy's yard. The trotting mare screeched to a halt, her nose twitching and her eyes watering. Winter Bloom spotted Pigpen, and she cringed. [colour=#ff0000]"Okay Winter Bloom, just remember what mum always told you, you can't smell something smelly that's been close to you after four minutes!" [/colour]Patiently waiting, Winter Bloom looked at all the cute animals that were on Fluttershy's farm. [colour=#ff0000]"I wonder, how does Fluttershy find all these cool animals?" [/colour]

2ij16i0.jpg

Miss Understudy was an actress. A single actress. A lonely actress. And much like a Trotspeare tragedy, Missy could begin to feel the loneliness consume her. She felt like there was definitely companionship missing, but where was she to find companionship? She was too afraid to speak to other ponies who didn't speak to her first, so she had few friends and felt that stallions were out of the question.

She just wanted something warm and soft to cuddle on cold, lonely nights. Something that could take her anxious little head away from her fear of the dark. So, when Missy heard about a pet fair she got quite excited! She was also excited to meet this Fluttershy other ponies kept talking about. They said that she was quiet and enjoyed her cottage life immensely, just like Missy! Perhaps she could make a friend here if she couldn't bring one home! Missy caught sight of her immediately, a yellow pegasus with a long flowing pink mane. It was gorgeous. Missy smiled, wishing her mane could do something like that. It was time to introduce herself!

[colour=#000080]"H-H-H-" [/colour]

Missy stuttered, then stepped back again. She couldn't even start up a conversation with the mare, much less ask to be suited with a pet or make a friend! Missy blushed in mortification and swallowed painfully. Oh, how the embarrassment burned.

[colour=#ff4080]Fluttershy emerged from the recovery area, trotting back toward the fair with a smile on her face. Zecora and the little fox had already started to bond, and Fluttershy loved the feeling that gave her. Still, she trusted the zebra, but Fluttershy made up her mind to check up on the little fox from time to time to see is she healed up correctly.

Rounding the cottage, she saw that a few new ponies had arrived. She also noted a distinct... odor... in the air. It became apparent where the smell was coming from when a gray stallion approached her.

Fluttershy recognized the pony that collected the trash around Ponyville, but she'd never spoken to him. And, despite his... unique... smell and appearance, he seemed friendly enough. At his request, Fluttershy immediately got an idea. "I-I think I have someone you might like," she said, trying not to wrinkle her nose at the pony.

She lead him over to a group of forest creatures. Some of the bunnies and squirrels seemed to back away from the pair, but one animal came forward when Fluttershy held out a hoof. The raccoon walked underneath the pegasus, peering out from between her legs. "It's ok, you can come out!" she encouraged. Turning to the stallion, she said. "I found this little guy trying to get into my garbage one night. I managed to convince him that I could help him get much better food than that!" Nudging the raccoon with a hoof, she added, "I've just been calling him Rascal."[/colour]

[colour=#ff4080]The next pony to a arrive was a unicorn with striking colours. At first glance, she appeared to be completely white, but Fluttershy saw the gray in her mane and tail, and was surprised by her red eyes. Approaching the mare, [/colour][colour=#ff4080]Fluttershy heard her ask a question. "Oh, I don't find all of them," she said in answer, "Some of them find me, or other ponies bring them by, or..." Fluttershy cut off, feeling rude. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said in a small voice. "I didn't mean to interrupt. But, um, is there something I can help you with?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff4080]Fluttershy then saw a pink unicorn approaching. The mare stepped up to her confidently, opened her mouth, then... nothing. The unicorn stuttered and stepped back, looking embarrassed. Confused, Fluttershy took a step back herself, wondering if she had done something wrong. She hoped she hadn't picked up a smell from the stallion earlier... Fluttershy blushed, stammering out an apology. "Um, I'm s-sorry," she said, not really knowing what she was sorry for...[/colour]

2ij16i0.jpg

Missy blushed, nervous as always, but she'd clearly scared Fluttershy too. She always seemed to scare and get scared equally. Maybe she was scary. Oh gosh, she really hoped she wasn't scary. Missy decided to let Fluttershy know why she was there, it was time to be assertive!

[colour=#000080]"I...uh...it's okay I suppose....I mean, what I really would like is a pet and you didn't do anything so don't be sorry. I'm sorry...uh..."[/colour]

Nice work, Missy told herself, nice assertiveness!

Pigpen was delighted with Fluttershy's choice! Now for the important test, would Rascal accept him as his master?

[colour=#FF0000]"Hay Rascal! You're really cute," [/colour]the unkept stallion said as he walked up to the raccoon. [colour=#FF0000]"Would you like to come home with me? I'm in the garbage collection business, but I promise you I'll feed you good food. Even I won't eat stuff I bring home in the trash, well, most of the time anyway. You'd be surprised at some of the perfectly nice things the residents of Ponyville toss into their garbage cans. You can ask my fly friends here, they can tell ya all about it. Whatdoya say, Rascal? It's up to you. I won't make you come with me, that'll be your choice to make."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh, it's an honor to meet you Fluttershy! My name is Winter Bloom; I'm looking for a companion, someone who can help me with finding flowers, but will be happy to curl up next to me. Living alone in the Whitetail Woods in very lonely, and I don't have any friends yet," [/colour]The white unicorn said, her head and tail lowering slightly. She looked up at Fluttershy, her red eyes filled with hope. [colour=#ff0000]"You've found the perfect match for so many other ponies, so I hope you can do the same for me."[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

High_Roller.jpg

[Cutie Mark Crusaders Thread Necromancy YAY!]

Roller trotted up to the cottage, taking in the sights and sounds of the little adoption fair that was going on around him. He saw a variety of creatures and their new or potential owners lingering around, and then his eyes settled on the (probably reluctantly) famous pegasus mare, Fluttershy. He trotted cautiously over to her, smiling softly. He could tell that the mare was upset by something; he'd been warned about the pony's general skittishness by the locals. However, he also had heard that there was probably no better pony in all of Equestria to acquire a new animal friend from, so here he stood.

He bowed his head in respectful greeting. [colour=#000080]"Hello, Miss Fluttershy,"[/colour] he said once she had a moment to catch her breath, what with all the ponies seemingly vying for her attention. [colour=#000080]"My name's High Roller, and I run a game store in Canterlot. I'm looking for a pet. It would be nice if that pet were unlikely to chew on small cards or pieces of any kind, and perhaps even a pet that was skilled enough at grasping things to help me when I'm painting...maybe to rinse brushes or pass me paint pots or what have you?"[/colour] His tone was soft, and attempted to be inviting.

[colour=#000080]"Of course, I'm willing to try any animal you think would find a good home with me. I promise you that I will give it the utmost love and affection."[/colour]

Come to think of it, Roller thought that he'd met her once before at that...arguably disastrous Winter Wrap Up he'd come down to participate in. However, he did his best to distract himself from memories of that fiasco to focus on getting Fluttershy's help.

• 2 weeks later...

Razor looked around at all the animals, and had to ignore a hungry growl from his stomach when his eyes passed over a few rabbits. He was among ponies and he wasn't here to dine. He was here on a important mission.

"Razor, can I please take this blindfold off." Glimmer, his little sister asked. She did indeed have a blindfold on.

Since his mother and father were usually busy, and when she stayed with him and he was busy with work, Razor felt increasingly worried that his sister might be feeling rather lonely. And so as a good big brother he knew that there was only one solution, well this was his second solution. He had originally tried finishing his work schedule faster and with fewer breaks, but that hadn't ended well. He was just glad the wing cast was off at last. So he went with plan B and decided to get her a pet.

"Alright take it off." Razor said with a smile.

Glimmer took off the blindfold and gasped, "OH LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE KITTY!" She squealed in joy and ran over to a small little kitten with a big blue bow and proceeded to pet it.

Razor smiled, "Well this should be easy. I'll give her a moment to look around, while I go and see if this has any pets for a griffon. Now who is in charge here?"

Razor flew up a bit to get a good view then flew over to a random pony, "Excuse me," Razor said as he landed, his obvious shot size apparent, "I'm looking for whoever is in charge of this little gathering. Do you know where he or she is?"

scootsresize.jpg

It had taken weeks of hard work to show her dad she was responsible enough for a pet! Scootaloo's wings buzzed excitedly as she scootere'd her way to Fluttershy's place, in such a hurry the world around her felt like a blur! She hoped she got a really cool pet! Like a hawk, or or or! Maybe a DRAGON!..Okay not that last one but it had to be super cool like she was! Rainbow Dash had a cool pet named Tank, and while he was a little slow Scootaloo thought he was cool, and it was really important that...."Oh right" She facehoofed, she had PASSED Fluttershy's place being too caught up in her thoughts!

Scootaloo turned her scooter around and got back on track, glancing around, there were lots of ponies there already "Fluttershyyy! I'm here! Dad said I could get a pet!" Her wings flapped excitedly at that, like a little humming bird! Oh she was so excited right now she could POP!

• 6 months later...

((OOC: I'm really sorry I let this thread die again. I've been asked to pick it back up again, and hopefully I will keep it going this time. Since many of the last posters in this thread are no longer active on Canterlot or no longer have a cast character, I'll be responding to Mojo and ShadowWalking and go on from there.))

The raccoon peeked out at the stallion from between Fluttershy's legs. He seemed to sniff at the air, trying to get a feel for this pony. The yellow one, while kind, always smelled clean and, well, uninteresting. This pony, however, had all kinds of interesting smells. The raccoon allowed himself to be coaxed out, and he ambled over to Pigpen, now taking shelter under the earth pony.

"Aww, I think he likes you!" Fluttershy cooed. She was very glad she'd found an animal that seemed to match up to the garbage collector so well. "Now, I can leave you two to get aquainted, or we can go fill out the adoption papers," she continued, "I also have some information on how to take care of him. Raccoons are omnivores, so they can eat a lot of things, but some things are better than others. The also like to clean their food before they eat it." Fluttershy paused, looking at the rather unkempt pony. "Um, you do have some place he can clean up, right?"

Today was going so well! Fluttershy had nearly forgotten her earlier fears. Many ponies had gone home with new friends, and Fluttershy was smiling openly. She'd even begun to hum a happy tune, when suddenly a large form dropped to the ground ahead of her. Fluttershy got enough of a look to see taloned claws and a huge beak. With a loud squeak, she back-pedaled away from the blue-gray creature before her.

Fluttershy took a moment to breathe, before recognizing the creature as a griffon. Her instinctive fear abated, but only a bit. Fluttershy only had limited experience with griffons, and her impression from Gilda was not very good...

"Excuse me, I'm looking for whoever is in charge of this little gathering. Do you know where he or she is?"

The yellow pegasus looked up, and her eyes met the mismatched eyes of the large griffon. With a gulp, she answered, "Um, I'm, um, Fluttershy, and, um this is my animal shelter..."

Presteza was in the streets of Ponyville offering portraits for only two bits when she heard the mayor's announcement. "An animal adoption fair, huh..." The mare put a hoof to her chin in thought only to be interrupted by her current model. With a nervous chuckle the mare spoke,"Heh, sorry abou' that..." After several swipes and sweeps of her many paintbrushes the unicorn smiled and showed her client the portrait. The two bits were put on the golden mare's hoof and soon tossed into her saddlebags,"'Ave a nice day ma'am!" she shouted to her customer as she departed.

The young painters journey's on the road were usually pretty fun and lively, but sometimes on those long trips things could get quiet. She didn't like quiet much... silence always felt so creepy and with nopony to talk to silence tended to stick around a long time. A pet could be a great remedy for her problem! something smart but peppy, yet colorful seemed like a good match for a painter such as herself.

"Well, I ain't gettin' any younger!" she said to nopony in particular before galloping off to Fluttershy's abode. She'd never seen so many animals altogether at once. The sounds of chirping,squawking, some barking and even some squeaking here and there serenaded her ears with the many possibilities for a traveling companion. Companion seemed more appropriate a term for the relationship she had in mind for her potentially furred or feathered friend. She had seen many ponies back in Trottingham at her mother and father's parties who seemed to treat their pets more like an accessory to be shown off rather than a living thing to be loved and she definitely didn't want to wind up like that.

Her ears perked at the sound of soft and suitably shy sounding voice talking to a griffon. With a smile she proceeded over to them and waited slightly impatiently for a break in the conversation so she could say,"'Lo there! Would ya happen ta know of a pet that would fit me?... preferably one that can fly." she asked the pink maned pegasus.

The yellow pegasus looked up, and her eyes met the mismatched eyes of the large griffon. With a gulp, she answered, "Um, I'm, um, Fluttershy, and, um this is my animal shelter..."

Razor blinked, and rubbed a claw where his ear was. Did he have something in it? Nope.

"Uh...could you say that again...not sure I got the whole name." He said.

He could tell this pony was scared. It didn't take much to figure that out. Was it because of him?

"Look if you think I'm gonna eat you I'm not. So toughen up a bit." He said.

When another pony showed up Razor rolled his eyes and said to her, "One at a time. I was here first. So wait your turn." He didn't really care if he sounded a bit rude. He wanted this business done so he could get back to work, or a nice nap.

"Of course I have a place Rascal can clean up!" Pigpen neighed. "I've got a whole junkyard he can play in! I'll gladly sign any papers you want me to, Miss Fluttershy! I know Rascal and I are gonna be best pals!"

Pigpen was delighted with his new pet raccoon! The unkempt stallion danced for joy as Rascal followed him around.

• 4 weeks later...
Fluttershy cowered before the much larger griffon. She tried again to squeak out her name, "Um, I'm... Fluttershy..." only for it to come out more quietly than the first. Fluttershy was trying very hard to draw on her assertiveness, but this griffon was so very intimidating...

"Look if you think I'm gonna eat you I'm not. So toughen up a bit."
Fluttershy backed up a bit, defensively. That... that wasn't very nice. At that moment, a unicorn mare also approached, asking for advice on a pet. Before Fluttershy could respond, the griffon spoke up, saying

"One at a time. I was here first. So wait your turn."
Now, that wasn't very nice at all! Fluttershy rose up to her full height, wings raised instinctively, and looked the predator in the eyes. "Pardon me, but this is my animal shelter," she said to the griffon, finding her voice. "You may have been here first, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude!"

Fluttershy lowered her wings, calming herself, but maintained her eye contact with the colorful griffon. "Now, welcome to the Adoption Fair, my name is Fluttershy," she stated firmly. "What can I help you with?" Then, nodding to the unicorn, she added, in a much warmer tone, "I'm sorry, if you could just wait a few moments, please? If that's OK with you."

Fluttershy grinned at Pigpen, but inwardly gave a sigh of relief. She didn't really think that the stallion was dirty all the time, and wouldn't have a place to clean up, but it was better to be safe than sorry. "Ok, you two," she said to the pony and the raccoon. "If you just come over this way, we can make things official! Angel!" she called out to the bunny at the table, "I need another adoption form, if you don't mind!"

Pigpen was delighted to be getting a new pet. His 'pet' flies were nice and even quite functional, but they really didn't qualify as 'pet' type creatures. Rascal seemd in instantly love Pigpen, and the feeling was mutual.

"Coming Fluttershy! I'll be right there to fill out more forms!" the smelly, unkempt stallion neighed as he looked down at Rascal. "I just know you're gonna love living with me at the junkyard. You'll have the run of the whole place! Maybe you can even help out at the Antique Shoppe if you like. I've had a lot of famous ponies come shop there. Even a few royal Princesses have dropped by! Tell you all about it later, time for me to fill out these forms!"

Pigpen pulled a pencil out of his thick, unkempt coat and after sharpening the end of it with his teeth, started filling out the forms Angel retrieved.

"There you go, Miss Fluttershy, anything else you need from me?"

When another pony showed up Razor rolled his eyes and said to her, "One at a time. I was here first. So wait your turn." He didn't really care if he sounded a bit rude. He wanted this business done so he could get back to work, or a nice nap.

The slightly shabby looking unicorn turned to Razor and went wide eyed a moment as she got a closer look at him. Her first thoughts were,"Holy Crop, a real griffin!" While she had been in a rush to meet a new traveling companion she didn't notice she was speaking out of turn. She was going to apologize but Razor's tone and rudeness gave her second thoughts on that.

"Look, mate I was gonna say sor--"

Now, that wasn't very nice at all! Fluttershy rose up to her full height, wings raised instinctively, and looked the predator in the eyes. "Pardon me, but this is my animal shelter," she said to the griffon, finding her voice. "You may have been here first, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude!"

Fluttershy lowered her wings, calming herself, but maintained her eye contact with the colorful griffon. "Now, welcome to the Adoption Fair, my name is Fluttershy," she stated firmly. "What can I help you with?" Then, nodding to the unicorn, she added, in a much warmer tone, "I'm sorry, if you could just wait a few moments, please? If that's OK with you."

The unicorn stood there a moment to take in the display of sudden intimidation from the originally reticent looking pegasus. Soon she gave a smile as she watched Fluttershy put the Griffon in his place and then welcomed him. This town always had the most interesting individuals and this pegasus didn't seem to be an exception. Hearing Fluttershy ask her to wait a few moments she nodded politely in return.

"Sure thing! With that the unicorn took a few steps back from the conversation and decided to do some sketching to pass the time, taking a pencil from her saddlebag she took it in her teeth and set her eyes on a cheerful... if rather dirty looking stallion who seemed to be getting along with a little raccoon. If she got the chance she decided she'd give him this sketch for free as a way to commemarate this day since she was pretty sure he'd be leaving with the little guy.

Razor opened his mouth to respond, but....something....something in those eyes. He felt his wings stiffen up a bit and he kept eye contact the whole time that this...Fluttershy pony, lectured him. HIM!

'I....am I afraid?' He thought, unsure of this. How could be he afraid of a pony? Let alone one that was as scared as a mouse not moments ago?

"I....I..I'm sorry. I....forgive my...rudeness." He said, bowing slightly. Maybe...he had been a bit forceful.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Fluttershy. Again, forgive my behavior. It was dishonorable of me to act such on your property."

Razor groaned and rubbed his head. How did that pony do it!? He never apologized like that...well...not all the time. But he had this sudden need to apologize.

"I am Razor. I'm here hoping to get my little sister a pet, so she has something to play with when Im busy with work during her visits and when at home back in Aquilia. Do you think you can help me?" Razor asked, being as humble as he could.

He turned and shouted over to his sister, who was busy playing with the kitty.

"Glimmer! Come over here!" He shouted.

-----------------

Glimmer blinked and looked over to her brother. She petted the kitty one more time before flying over and landing beside him.

"What is it Razor?" She asked, then looked to the Pegasus mare.

"Hello! I'm Glimmer." She said, giving a big smile and her cutest look. Was her bow straight? She checked to be sure.

Her eyes widened when she saw the mare's mane, "Oh wow your mane looks beautiful. Do you style it or does it come out that way naturally?"

-----------

Razor smirked as his sister started talking. But while she talked he planned.

'This pony has some sort of way of vanquishing another's mental defenses and making them act in a different way. While I'm here...I'll see if I can't figure out how she did it. This might be a good day after all.'

And so Razor would go along with the original course, but he was going to keep a sharp eye on this pony. He was gonna learn how she did...whatever it was she did, if it was the last thing he did!

• 4 weeks later...

"There you go, Miss Fluttershy, anything else you need from me?"

Fluttershy checked over the papers, making sure every was correct. Pigpen's mouth writing was... interesting, but everything seemed to be filled in. "It looks like you're all set!" she said, happily. She bent down to give one last hug to Rascal. "Now, you behave for Mr. Pigpen," she cautioned the raccoon. "And no more digging through trash cans! Um, unless you're helping Pigpen..."

"Sure thing!"

Fluttershy nodded politely to the tan unicorn. She heard a hint of a Trottingham accent in the mare's voice, but she hadn't gotten a chance to get her name. "Thank you for being patient, Miss..." she paused, giving the mare a chance to insert her name. "I'll help you as soon as I can. I'm sure we have some flyers that would like to go home with you!" She saw the mare pull out a sketch pad, seeming content to wait, so she turned her attention back to the griffon.

"I....I..I'm sorry. I....forgive my...rudeness. It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Fluttershy. Again, forgive my behavior. It was dishonorable of me to act such on your property."

Fluttershy was momentarily surprised by the Griffon's abrupt turn around. Why was he being so nice all of a sudden? Then, it hit her. Oh dear, she'd used 'The Stare,' hadn't she? She winced a little. Ever since she had discovered her talent, she had known that she could sometimes get misbehaving animals to listen to her simply by looking them in the eyes. Rarity had called her ability 'The Stare.' She never meant to do it, it just happened sometimes. It did come in handy, but she couldn't help but feel a little guilty about it.

The suddenly contrite Razor explained that he was looking for a pet for his younger sister. The big griffon called behind him to someone, and a little ball of feathers and fluff bounded forward. Fluttershy's eyes went wide, and she broke into a huge smile! "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "I've never seen a griffon cub before!"

"Hello! I'm Glimmer. Oh wow your mane looks beautiful. Do you style it or does it come out that way naturally?"

Fluttershy crouched down to look the little grifflet in the eyes. "Well, Glimmer, you're about the cutest thing ever!" she told her. "Oh, my mane doesn't always look like this. I have some of my animal friends help me when is gets out of hoof. Sometimes it looks like a pink octopus on my head!" she added, trying to get a laugh out of the little female. Fluttershy stood back up, but kept looking down at the grifflet. "Now, your brother was just telling me he was looking for a pet for you. Do you know what kind of animal you'd like to have?"

Pigpen was excited to have a new pet. Although he did love all of the flies that would orbit his head and follow him everywhere he goes, it was very nice to have a larger animal to care for.

"Oh Rascal, you've made me so happy! I will take very good care of you, I promise!"

The shaggy unkempt stallion then turned towards Fluttershy one last time before leaving.

"Miss Fluttershy, I can't thank you enough for Rascal! Please stop by my Antique Shoppe anytime and I will give you a wonderful antique, for FREE! Most ponies in Ponyville shy away from me, for some odd reason, but you've been very friendly towards me, and for that, I am grateful!"

Now he turned and led Rascal away from Fluttershy's cottage and towards his junkyard/Antique Shop outside of town.

(exit Pigpen -- and Rascal!)

Fluttershy was momentarily surprised by the Griffon's abrupt turn around. Why was he being so nice all of a sudden? Then, it hit her. Oh dear, she'd used 'The Stare,' hadn't she? She winced a little. Ever since she had discovered her talent, she had known that she could sometimes get misbehaving animals to listen to her simply by looking them in the eyes. Rarity had called her ability 'The Stare.' She never meant to do it, it just happened sometimes. It did come in handy, but she couldn't help but feel a little guilty about it.

The suddenly contrite Razor explained that he was looking for a pet for his younger sister. The big griffon called behind him to someone, and a little ball of feathers and fluff bounded forward. Fluttershy's eyes went wide, and she broke into a huge smile! "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "I've never seen a griffon cub before!"

Razor rolled his eyes, "I'm not surprised. Griffons tend to be protective of our young. We don't like griffons or ponies we don't know getting too close. But Glimmer is old enough to be out and about, and I'm here with her. So if anyone even tried anything toward her then I have these to turn them off." Razor flexed his talons slightly, the sharp tips glimming in the sun light.

Fluttershy crouched down to look the little grifflet in the eyes. "Well, Glimmer, you're about the cutest thing ever!" she told her. "Oh, my mane doesn't always look like this. I have some of my animal friends help me when is gets out of hoof. Sometimes it looks like a pink octopus on my head!" she added, trying to get a laugh out of the little female. Fluttershy stood back up, but kept looking down at the grifflet. "Now, your brother was just telling me he was looking for a pet for you. Do you know what kind of animal you'd like to have?"

Glimmer laughed, "A pink octopus that is silly."

She rolled her eyes at her brothers macho attitude again and leaned close to whisper to Fluttershy, "Don't let Razor's attitude get to you. He is just protective of me. Inside he is like a teddy bear....well...somewhat anyway."

Razor looked at his sister, "What was that?"

Glimmer looked to her brother, "Nothing."

Razor was suspicious but shrugged.

Glimmer giggled, "Oh umm....Im not exactly sure what kind of pet I want. I like all kinds of animals!"

Razor lifted a claw, "Nothing too big. Travel sized maybe."

Glimmer nodded and said, "Oh and no rodents or rabbits....cause of....you know....reasons."

"You mean we might eat it." Razor said nonchalantly, "Ow!" he said as Glimmer kicked his front leg.

"You don't have to be so blunt. You might scare Fluttershy. Geez." Glimmer said with a disappointed tone.

Razor rubbed his leg, "Well its the truth."

Glimmer rolled her eyes, "Ugh. Boys."

"Thank you for being patient, Miss..." she paused, giving the mare a chance to insert her name. "I'll help you as soon as I can. I'm sure we have some flyers that would like to go home with you!"

"No prob! The name's Presteza by the way, but you can call me 'Pressy' if ya like... or 'Tezza' if ya like that better" said the mare in peppy tone. Hearing Fluttershy saying they had some flyers that would be willing to come along with her brought a big grin on her face. What would she wind up bringing along with her from this event? would it be something like a raven, all sleek and black and filled with a strangely dark majesty? A blue jay with it's energetic allure and incredibly beautiful plumage? Whatever it would be she sure hoped it would be a fitting pet for Equestria's (future) greatest painter.

Presteza couldn't help but feel a bit saddened as she saw the unkempt... and rather smelly looking stallion leave. She was hoping to give him the sketch she had just done but it seemed he was already on his way out of the area, perhaps they'd meet again someday.

Razor rolled his eyes, "I'm not surprised. Griffons tend to be protective of our young. We don't like griffons or ponies we don't know getting too close. But Glimmer is old enough to be out and about, and I'm here with her. So if anyone even tried anything toward her then I have these to turn them off."

Presteza gave a chuckle and looked at the two griffons, in all her time on the road the painter had yet to have a griffon model for her. Since she seemed to get off on the wrong hoof with this stranger perhaps she could ask him a question to get on his good side,"Would paintin' you two be too threatenin? I could stand a few hooflengths a way if ya like." she said in a mildly playful tone.

Archived