[Ponyville] The Animal Adoption Fair (PM for invite)

Corsair

Presteza gave a chuckle and looked at the two griffons, in all her time on the road the painter had yet to have a griffon model for her. Since she seemed to get off on the wrong hoof with this stranger perhaps she could ask him a question to get on his good side,"Would paintin' you two be too threatenin? I could stand a few hooflengths a way if ya like." she said in a mildly playful tone.

Razor looked over and tilted his head, "Uh.....paint us?"

Glimmer gasped, "Oh yes, yes, yes. Paint a picture!." She hopped up and down slightly. Excited. She was going to get a pet and now she and her brother were going to be put to the immortal pages of art! It could be something to remember the days of her childhood someday in the far future.

Razor scratched his head, "Eh....sure...I guess so."

Then then had an idea, "Oh and can Miss Fluttershy be in it too? Oh please say you will." She looked to Fluttershy and gave her best pleading look.

Razor however, did not feel so sure now. "Eh...wh-what?" He had a very bad feeling now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fluttershy smiled at the griffon siblings as they argued. Though Razor seemed to be very gruff and impatient, he obviously cared for his little sister. Glimmer, on the other hoof, seemed very nice, and sociable. It just went to show that not all griffons were big meanies like Gilda...

As she listened to the two griffons discuss what type of pet Glimmer would like to have, Fluttershy came to an uncomfortable realization: Many of the animals ponies would keep as pets, a griffon might consider food! Now, Fluttershy was no stranger to the fact that many animals ate meat; it was just part of their nature. So when Glimmer mentioned scaring Fluttershy, she spoke up. "Um, its OK, really," she began. "I understand that griffons are carnivorous. I care for many types of animals here, so I'm... um... used to it." This did mean, however, that many of the animals she had for adoption here would be, well, not an option for these two.

Bunnies were definitely out. She felt a flash of worry for Angel, but she didn't really think that the griffons would do something like that here... Lets see then; no rodents, so that eliminated a lot of forest animals. Raptors would have a similar diet to griffons, but they took a lot of care, and weren't really an appropriate pet for a youngster. Fluttershy had a feeling that griffons and dogs wouldn't get along too well. Hmm, this was a toughie...

Fluttershy's thoughts were then interrupted by the unicorn with the sketch pad. Presteza, as the mare had introduced herself, was asking Razor and Glimmer if she could paint them. A quick glance at the mare's cutie mark showed an artist's paintbrush. Well, as long as the artist pony didn't ask for her to be in the picture it should be OK...

"Oh and can Miss Fluttershy be in it too? Oh please say you will."

Oh dear... Fluttershy stiffened at Glimmer's question. She just didn't like attention being focused on her like that. She'd never been comfortable with all the pictures Photo Finish had take of her, and an artist's painting of her felt much the same. But then she looked down into the pleading eyes of the young griffon Fluttershy immediately folded.

With a sigh, she told the grifflet "Um, th-that would be, OK, I guess..." To distract herself from the artist, Fluttershy started questioning Glimmer again. "Ok, um, Glimmer, would you like a pet that could fly with you, or a pet you could cuddle with?"

Oh dear... Fluttershy stiffened at Glimmer's question. She just didn't like attention being focused on her like that. She'd never been comfortable with all the pictures Photo Finish had take of her, and an artist's painting of her felt much the same. But then she looked down into the pleading eyes of the young griffon Fluttershy immediately folded.

With a sigh, she told the grifflet "Um, th-that would be, OK, I guess..." To distract herself from the artist, Fluttershy started questioning Glimmer again. "Ok, um, Glimmer, would you like a pet that could fly with you, or a pet you could cuddle with?"

Glimmer cheered, "Yeah!" She quickly gave Fluttershy a hug, squeezing with all her might. Then pulled her down so they were in a sitting position. She snuggled up close, purring slightly.

Razor rolled his eyes, "Glimmer I don't think-Gah." Before he could finish, Glimmer yanked Razor down to join her and Fluttershy and Razor found himself in a rather unwanted position as Glimmer wrapped both him and Fluttershy and hugged them both around their necks gently.

"Okay. Picture time." She said as she kept still.

'Tooclosetooclosetooclosetooclose!' Razor thought as he tried to keep himself still, but frankly he could feel himself shaking now.

Glimmer hummed a bit as she thought on Fluttershy's question. "Hmmm. Oh something cuddly and fluffy! Though flying is good, though maybe something glidy. It has to be cute though, just like me."

WWWXRbf.jpg

"Oh yes, yes, yes. Paint a picture!."

"Eh....sure...I guess so."

"Oh and can Miss Fluttershy be in it too?"

A wide smile grew over her face,"Really? That's awesome! Thanks, Mister Griffin n' Miss Grifflet!" This was great, Presteza would be able to paint a real life griffin! Actually not just one griffin but a griffin and his baby griffin! To make things even better it seemed the younger griffon wanted Fluttershy to join too, "Well If she's okay with it I don' see why not!"

"Um, th-that would be, OK, I guess..."

"Really? That's Great Miss Fluttershy! ya guys just hold yer pose fer a few seconds and I''ll be done" Soon the mare took off her saddlebags and began to root through them. After a while she took out several brushes and laid down a long piece of parchment on the ground. For a moment the unicorn closed her eyes as her horn lit up bright and all of her paintbrushes levitated over the paper and all the them went to work painting the trio as the mare had memorized their pose.

• 2 weeks later...
Having had to pose for many, many photos and even some previous paintings, Fluttershy felt... well, not comfortable, but familiar with posing for an artist. She turned to the artist unicorn with a slight smile on her muzzle, ready to hold still for however long this might take. However, she was not prepared when the young griffon threw her taloned claw around her her, and then pulled her in close. She let out an involuntary "Squeak!" as Glimmer held her tightly.

The pegasus forced herself to breathe. It... it was OK. Remember that Glimmer was just a fledgling, and didn't mean any harm. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that Glimmer had pulled in her brother in a similar fashion on the other side. The larger griffon still made Fluttershy nervous, and being this close to him just made it worse! Oddly, the expression on his beaked face looked almost as nervous as she felt... Still... this was for Glimmer... Fluttershy loved youngsters of all species, and this little cutie just wanted a picture. That was not a big deal, was it? So Fluttershy kept a soft smile on her face for the artist, but she was nearly grinding her teeth behind it...

Razor could literally hear his heartbeat. And it was increasing in frequency every second he stayed in close vicinity to Fluttershy. Forget the fear he felt when she had stared at him, just being this close felt worse. He felt himself visably shaking now.

'Stay calm. Stay calm.' He though, trying to keep calm. He dug at the ground with a free claw, leaving a line in the grass where his talons du into it.

He started counting backwards from ten, giving the artist mare what he considered enough time to get at least a sketch. Because that was all she was getting.

Ten.

Glimmer squeezed the both of them gently, more affectionate then forceful. But it was apparent even at a young age the little griffonness had strength.

Nine.

Razor tried to keep his eyes busy, looking every which way. But they always went to the one thing that was behind his current state of discomfort. A very meek and pink maned Pegasus.

'This is ridiculous! I'm a griffon. A warrior born son of a notable general! I shouldn't be scared of a girl, especially a pony girl!' He thought.

Eight. Seven. Six.

He took slow and deep breathes. Almost done....almost done. He could do this.

Five.

His heart was beating fast now, and all he could do now was cast a glance with wide eyes at the pony next to him. He was so going to get back at his sister for this. Somehow!

Four...three.....two.

Razor took a deep breath and unfolded his wings. Glimmer looked at him funny for a moment.

One.

With that Razor shot up, way up. He lifted himself off the ground with a quick flap of his wings and pushing with his legs. It was like an arrow leaving a bow.

"Ahh. Razor!" Glimmer yelled in annoyance and gave a pouting look at her brother as he crashed into a cloud.

Razor hit a cloud and wrapped his legs around it, talons digging into the soft floating thing. He took fast paced breaths as he pulled out a paper bag and breathed in and out of it. Eventually calming down and relaxing.

"Im fine......I'm fine.....I'm fine." He repeated before looking down and chuckling an uneasily.

"Right. You're sooooo fine." GLimmer said with a roll of her eyes and a sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

The young paint-mare barely had to look at them any more than once, her speed with the brushes might make one wonder if she was rushing it and as a result the painting might not be any good. The mare was fast enough that Razor's count to ten was all she needed before she excitely yelled out, "It's finish-wah!" then was promptly caught off guard by the sudden gust as a result of Razor's take off.

The sudden gust blew the painting into the air and looked like the wind would soon take the eager young painter's work before it could be enjoyed. Luckily for her models the mare jumped and quickly but carefully caught it in her teeth and brought it over to the young Grifflet and Fluttershy.

On the paper was a rather sweet looking picture of a young griffon hugging a larger one and a shy looking pegasus at her sides. Presteza had made sure to get each subtle detail of the griffon's plumage and fur and she took special care in getting the color of Glimmer's bow just right. Despite her limited time she had even managed to paint the background and every object behind the trio in extraordinary detail.

Grinning proudly she waited for any wind to die down and then laid the painting on a table,"So... whatcha guy think?"

• 2 weeks later...
Fluttershy watched, confused, as the big, tough-looking griffon flew off like a shot. He had grabbed onto one of the clouds she had placed earlier, clinging to it tightly. She recognized all the signs of an anxiety attack; she was all too familiar with them herself. But what had caused it? I mean, Fluttershy had been a bit uncomfortable when Glimmer had grabbed her for the picture, but Glimmer and Razor were siblings. Surely he wasn't scared of his sister?

The pegasus looked down at the smaller griffon, seeing the exasperated look on her face. "Um, Glimmer," she asked, concerned, but still confused. "Is your brother going to be OK?"

Razor had flown off so fast, the canvas that Presteza has been using was nearly blown away! Before Fluttershy could react, the artist moved to protect her work, grabbing it in her teeth. Despite that, only moments later, Presteza announced that the painting was finished! Fluttershy's eyes widened in amazement at the work that the artist had produced in such a short time. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed, "That's very impressive, Miss Presteza. However did you get it done so quickly?"

Remembering the task at hand, Fluttershy looked back at Glimmer again. Her mind was running through all the possibilities. "Ok Glimmer," she said to the little griffon, "I know we can find a pet here that will be perfect for you! Now, wait here a moment!" Fluttershy flew off in a blur, returning just as quickly with an animal in her front hooves. She did this several times, arraigning the creatures before the fledgling. Included was an orange tabby cat, a porcupine, a blue jay, a small peregrine hawk, a yellow canary, and, oddly, an armadillo with a bow on the back of her furless head. The pegasus then turned to the animals herself and said, "Ok, everyone, this is Glimmer! She really wants a pet, and I think you could be very happy with her! Now, I need you all to be on your best behavior, OK?"

Fluttershy then looked at the young griffon again. "Well, Glimmer, do you see anyone you like to meet?"

WWWXRbf.jpg

The young paint-mare barely had to look at them any more than once, her speed with the brushes might make one wonder if she was rushing it and as a result the painting might not be any good. The mare was fast enough that Razor's count to ten was all she needed before she excitely yelled out, "It's finish-wah!" then was promptly caught off guard by the sudden gust as a result of Razor's take off.

The sudden gust blew the painting into the air and looked like the wind would soon take the eager young painter's work before it could be enjoyed. Luckily for her models the mare jumped and quickly but carefully caught it in her teeth and brought it over to the young Grifflet and Fluttershy.

On the paper was a rather sweet looking picture of a young griffon hugging a larger one and a shy looking pegasus at her sides. Presteza had made sure to get each subtle detail of the griffon's plumage and fur and she took special care in getting the color of Glimmer's bow just right. Despite her limited time she had even managed to paint the background and every object behind the trio in extraordinary detail.

Grinning proudly she waited for any wind to die down and then laid the painting on a table,"So... whatcha guy think?"

Glimmer was quick to take a look at the picture once Fluttershy was done with it. Her eyes widened with awe. It was so cute!!!!

"Eeeehhh! Its so cute! Thank you, thank you." She said, giving Presteza the biggest hug she could. Which was strong, even for such a wittle griffon.

"Look Razor, she even got that banded pattern in your wings and you cat stripes. Oh and she got my eyes perfectly!" She called to her brother.

Razor let go of the cloud, now perfectly calm and looked at the picture. He had to admit, it was good.

"Pretty good. I'll admit this much, even though those cutie mark things look ridiculous, they certainly show you're good at what you do." He said. He rolled it up and set it into his bag. No doubt Glimmer would want to keep it.

Glimmer on the other claw, reached into his bag and pulled out a sack, she popped it open to show it was full of bits, and pulled out several them. Maybe between fifty and eighty five.

"Hey! Those are mine!" He protested.

"Well I need mine to get my pet, and you have plenty to pay this nice mare for her art work." Glimmer said before giving the bits to Presteza.

Razor had a very irritated look on his face, but he sighed and let it go. No point in arguing with her, he knew he wouldn't win.

Fluttershy watched, confused, as the big, tough-looking griffon flew off like a shot. He had grabbed onto one of the clouds she had placed earlier, clinging to it tightly. She recognized all the signs of an anxiety attack; she was all too familiar with them herself. But what had caused it? I mean, Fluttershy had been a bit uncomfortable when Glimmer had grabbed her for the picture, but Glimmer and Razor were siblings. Surely he wasn't scared of his sister?

The pegasus looked down at the smaller griffon, seeing the exasperated look on her face. "Um, Glimmer," she asked, concerned, but still confused. "Is your brother going to be OK?"

Razor had flown off so fast, the canvas that Presteza has been using was nearly blown away! Before Fluttershy could react, the artist moved to protect her work, grabbing it in her teeth. Despite that, only moments later, Presteza announced that the painting was finished! Fluttershy's eyes widened in amazement at the work that the artist had produced in such a short time. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed, "That's very impressive, Miss Presteza. However did you get it done so quickly?"

Remembering the task at hand, Fluttershy looked back at Glimmer again. Her mind was running through all the possibilities. "Ok Glimmer," she said to the little griffon, "I know we can find a pet here that will be perfect for you! Now, wait here a moment!" Fluttershy flew off in a blur, returning just as quickly with an animal in her front hooves. She did this several times, arraigning the creatures before the fledgling. Included was an orange tabby cat, a porcupine, a blue jay, a small peregrine hawk, a yellow canary, and, oddly, an armadillo with a bow on the back of her furless head. The pegasus then turned to the animals herself and said, "Ok, everyone, this is Glimmer! She really wants a pet, and I think you could be very happy with her! Now, I need you all to be on your best behavior, OK?"

Fluttershy then looked at the young griffon again. "Well, Glimmer, do you see anyone you like to meet?"

Glimmer giggled, "Yeah he should be fine. He gets like that when he is too close to a pretty girl."

Razor sputtered, "I! That! That is not true! I don't get like that around pretty girls!"

Glimmer giggled again, "Yeah, you're right. Its any girl not related to you." She covered her beak with a wing to hide her silent laugh. It was fun to tease him like this.

"I-that-you, you little-that isn't-Gah!" Razor growled after he tried to form a sentence. He knew his sister was doing this to mess with him. Well he wasn't going to fall for it.

He crossed his claws and turned around, "Ha. Really funny, but I'm not falling for that this time. I'm too smart for your mental games Glimmer and I'll finish with this. I am not scared for anything. Especially girls."

Glimmer smirked, "Of course." She said sarcastically. She then leaned in close and whispered to Fluttershy, "I think he likes you."

Once Fluttershy flew off, Glimmer waited for Fluttershy to get the pets. Oh she was so excited she was jumping up and down now.

"Pet! Pet! Pet!" She cheered and gasped when she saw all the cute little creatures Fluttershy brought.

"Eeeeh! They're all so cute!" She said before scooping them all up and hugging them quickly before setting them down.

Razor walked over and looked at the gathered pets. He looked hard at the Armadillo and tapped its shell with a claw a few times.

"Hard shell. And frankly I've been told these things taste terrible anyway."

"Well I think its cute. And she has such a cute bow." Glimmer said. But she frowned, "Oh but which one. They are all so cute."

"Well we can't take all of them. Razor said.

Glimmer frowned and tried hard to decide. Oh which should she pick!?! "Hmmm...oh this so hard....ummmm...what does the Armadillo do?"

• 3 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

"Eeeehhh! Its so cute! Thank you, thank you." She said, giving Presteza the biggest hug she could. Which was strong, even for such a wittle griffon.

"Pretty good. I'll admit this much, even though those cutie mark things look ridiculous, they certainly show you're good at what you do."

The young painter beamed at the various words of praise heaped upon her, even when Little glimmer gave her a surprisingly strong hug her grin didn't fade. She may have winced a little though at the little grifflet squeezed her. "Thanks, Miss Glimmer! It was a pleasure ta paint you n' yer brother!" The mare said as she accepted the bit, taking them in hoof and slipping them into one of her saddlebags.

Once she heard Razor's remark about how ridiculous cutie marks were she shrugged and looked over the griffon,"I guess it's cultural differences but I think the lack of a mark on yer backside looks a li'l ridiculous too." she said in mildly cheeky tone. She was really just teasing the griffon, honestly Razor was the first adult griffon she'd ever gotten to meet... at least she thought he was an adult but there was one thing that was bothering her,"Mister Razor, Don' take this the wrong way but when I saw griffons in the books it said they were a bit taller than you... "

"Oh, my!" she exclaimed, "That's very impressive, Miss Presteza. However did you get it done so quickly?"

"Well that's always been my talent since I first learned about it. I can paint anythin' in no time flat! I bet I'm faster with a brush than the fastest pegasus in Equestria could fly." she said with a sort of pride that was bordering on arrogance. "It helps that I never ferget an image I see. Hay, I even can remember the food I ate a month ago and wot it tasted and smelled like!"

Fluttershy's eyes widened at Presteza's description of her talent. Rapid painting plus an excellent memory for images could definitely make a pony a very successful artist. Smiling at the unicorn, Fluttershy told her, "That's very impressive. My friend Rarity is an artist, but she makes clothing. I think she'd love to be able to able to do that!"

She then watched as Glimmer teased her brother, trying to hide a giggle. Watching him become flustered by his sister's teasing seemed to make him less scary. And, as Presteza mentioned, he was smaller than a typical griffon. Fluttershy's innate fear had made him seem larger than he was. Then, Glimmer turned to Fluttershy, saying

"I think he likes you."

Fluttershy froze, her cheeks instantly flaring red. She withdrew behind her mane, avoiding eye contact with either griffon or with Presteza. "Oh... um.. that's... I mean... I..." she stammered. She then flew off to gather potential pets, her desperation to avoid that conversation lending speed to her wings.

Angel had been watching over this exchange from just out of sight. He knew his mistress had a tendency to panic in situations like this, and he had taken it upon himself to watch over her, just in case. After Fluttershy flew off, he emerged, locking Razor with a glare. Sitting up on his hind legs he pointed his paw at his eyes, then pointed it at the flustered griffon, as if to say "I'm watching you, buddy!"

Fluttershy breathed a little easier seeing Glimmer's reaction to the animals she had brought. The little fledgling seemed undecided, until her eyes caught the armadillo. Fluttershy was a little surprised at the griffons apparent interest, yet thrilled at the same time. She hadn't expected a young female to be interested in a creature that wasn't what was usually considered 'cute', but was excited for just that same reason. "Oh, armadillos are very interesting creatures!" she said enthusiastically. "They are tough little creatures who like to eat bugs and grubs. They also like digging in the ground. Now, she can't see very well, but she has a very sensitive nose! She also likes to get her belly rubbed."

The armadillo, hearing this, immediately rolled over, exposing her furry belly, and letting Fluttershy rub it with her hoof. Fluttershy looked over at Glimmer and asked, "Do you want to rub her belly too?"

WWWXRbf.jpg

The young painter beamed at the various words of praise heaped upon her, even when Little glimmer gave her a surprisingly strong hug her grin didn't fade. She may have winced a little though at the little grifflet squeezed her. "Thanks, Miss Glimmer! It was a pleasure ta paint you n' yer brother!" The mare said as she accepted the bit, taking them in hoof and slipping them into one of her saddlebags.

Once she heard Razor's remark about how ridiculous cutie marks were she shrugged and looked over the griffon,"I guess it's cultural differences but I think the lack of a mark on yer backside looks a li'l ridiculous too." she said in mildly cheeky tone. She was really just teasing the griffon, honestly Razor was the first adult griffon she'd ever gotten to meet... at least she thought he was an adult but there was one thing that was bothering her,"Mister Razor, Don' take this the wrong way but when I saw griffons in the books it said they were a bit taller than you... "

Razor felt his neck snap. His left eye twitched as some of his feathers lifted to stand on edge giving him a ruffled look slightly.

Glimmer noticed this as she was listening to Fluttershy talk about the animals and cringed slightly.

'Uh oh.' She thought before leaning toward Prezteza and whispered, "You might want to run."

But before that could happen Razor was at the artiest pony in a second flash grabbing her under the front hooves and shaking her wildly left and right as he lifted her up with surprising strength.

"Are you calling me short!?!" Razor shouted as he shook the pony side to side, "I'mnotshort!I'mperfectlyfineinheight!Whydoeseveryoneassumethatbecausesomeonedoesn'tmeetthestandardstheirshorterandweakerthenmost!It'snotcauseIdidn'tdrinkmilkIdrankplentyofitasafledgling!I'mjustfine,I'mperfect!We'rethesameheight!" He said rapidly and very quickly.

BANG!!!

Before Razor could do anything else, Glimmer gave her brother a rather strong punch down upon the head. One might have heard something crack for a brief second. As Glimmer pulled her talon back, Razor let go Presteza and staggered back on his hind legs, his talons grabbing his head. His eyes spun before he fell back onto the ground.

"Honestly Razor. She didn't mean that. Forgive my brother, he is uh....sensitive about his height. But he didn't mean any harm. Right?" She said the last part with a glare at her brother, talons clenched. Underneath that cuteness was a very deadly birdy.

"Ugh....right....sorry." He groaned, lifting a talon to give a thumbs up. He lifted himself up, rubbing his head.

Fluttershy's eyes widened at Presteza's description of her talent. Rapid painting plus an excellent memory for images could definitely make a pony a very successful artist. Smiling at the unicorn, Fluttershy told her, "That's very impressive. My friend Rarity is an artist, but she makes clothing. I think she'd love to be able to able to do that!"

She then watched as Glimmer teased her brother, trying to hide a giggle. Watching him become flustered by his sister's teasing seemed to make him less scary. And, as Presteza mentioned, he was smaller than a typical griffon. Fluttershy's innate fear had made him seem larger than he was. Then, Glimmer turned to Fluttershy, saying

"I think he likes you."

Fluttershy froze, her cheeks instantly flaring red. She withdrew behind her mane, avoiding eye contact with either griffon or with Presteza. "Oh... um.. that's... I mean... I..." she stammered. She then flew off to gather potential pets, her desperation to avoid that conversation lending speed to her wings.

Angel had been watching over this exchange from just out of sight. He knew his mistress had a tendency to panic in situations like this, and he had taken it upon himself to watch over her, just in case. After Fluttershy flew off, he emerged, locking Razor with a glare. Sitting up on his hind legs he pointed his paw at his eyes, then pointed it at the flustered griffon, as if to say "I'm watching you, buddy!"

Fluttershy breathed a little easier seeing Glimmer's reaction to the animals she had brought. The little fledgling seemed undecided, until her eyes caught the armadillo. Fluttershy was a little surprised at the griffons apparent interest, yet thrilled at the same time. She hadn't expected a young female to be interested in a creature that wasn't what was usually considered 'cute', but was excited for just that same reason. "Oh, armadillos are very interesting creatures!" she said enthusiastically. "They are tough little creatures who like to eat bugs and grubs. They also like digging in the ground. Now, she can't see very well, but she has a very sensitive nose! She also likes to get her belly rubbed."

The armadillo, hearing this, immediately rolled over, exposing her furry belly, and letting Fluttershy rub it with her hoof. Fluttershy looked over at Glimmer and asked, "Do you want to rub her belly too?"

Razor blinked as the world stopped spinning, noticing...a rabbit! Normally rabbits ran from him in fear. And a part of his brain told him to monopolize on this free meal but something about this rabbit was odd.

'Why do I have a feeling this rabbit is threatening me?' He thought as he looked at the rabbit give him the "I'm watching you" sign.

Razor couldn't help but laugh and look down at the little rodent, "Mind your manners now little sausage. I've eaten cousins of yours for breakfast." He snapped his beak at the rabbit to give it a scare. He figured this was one of the pets being sold here or something and while he was hungry, curbed his stomach.

----------------------------------------

Glimmer looked back to Fluttershy, "Sorry you had to see my brother getting all angry like that. But he has his reasons." She frowned slightly but went back to listening about the armadillo.

"That's cool. Bugs are kind of gross, but if she likes them that's okay. Besides she can help keep the house free of bugs in the summer back home."

When Fluttershy showed that the little armored creature liked belly rubs Glimmer giggled, but then looked at her talons. Sharp. Pointy and...very dangerous and not very comfy.

"Hmm...Oh I know." She turned slightly and lowered the fluffy part of her tail down and tickled the little armadillo's soft underbelly with it. That was probably much safer. She always made sure her tail end was nice and soft.

While she tickled the armadillo she looked at her brother, who was apparently giving glares at a rabbit, who was glaring back.

"Say big brother, didn't you use to have a pet?" She asked. She wondered if pet talk could redeem him in the eyes of these mares for his behavior. She smiled slightly as her inner match maker started taking over slightly.

Razor blinked, "Huh? Oh yeah...I had uh...gosh what were they...that was a long time before you were even born. I was probably your age or so. Oh yeah they were fish. Three of them. Some sort of exotic ones, relatively small with a bright colored belly."

• 4 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

"That's very impressive. My friend Rarity is an artist, but she makes clothing. I think she'd love to be able to able to do that!"

The mare smiled proudly,"Thanks, Miss Fluttershy! I Gotta say though, I can only paint at my best if I have a good model... and you guys are great!" She glanced at razor,"If a little bit anxious ta finish." she finished with a playful chuckle.

In regards to Rarity, that name sounded somewhat familiar. Now she remembered! Rarity was the name of a pony that pressy's mom often ordered some of her fancy dresses from. Fashion wasn't normally this pony's thing; she'd found a sort of messy look that she figured worked nicely for her. She had to admit though, from her razor sharp memory that often the dresses that were delivered to the manor were some of the most incredible and beautiful weaves she'd ever seen. Maybe one day she herself might wind up wearing Rarity's fancy numbers... however that seemed pretty far fetched for now,"Yer friend sounds like she might be my kinda pony! I should try n' talk to 'er sometime!"

'Uh oh.' She thought before leaning toward Prezteza and whispered, "You might want to run."

When she'd turned back to speak to Razor again she was instead greeted by the voice of his little sister, strangely enough she seemed to be warning her to run away,"Aw, C'mon! Why would I do tha---" suddenly the freckle faced mare was greeted by the feeling of a pair of claws grabbing ahold of her shoulders and shaking her around like a shake being made at the sugarcube corner! In unison with the sudden onset of severe shaking on the part of the diminutive (for a griffon) griffon was a hurried and super quick series of frantic statements.

"Are you calling me short!?! I'mnotshort!I'mperfectlyfineinheight!Whydoeseveryoneassumethatbecausesomeonedoesn'tmeetthestandardstheirshorterandweakerthenmost! It'snotcauseIdidn'tdrinkmilkIdrankplentyofitasafledgling!I'mjustfine,I'mperfect!We'rethesameheight!" He said rapidly and very quickly.

Most of the words after Razor's initial statement seemed to all mashed together. At this point she wasn't sure though if the sound of those words could be attributed to the fact that Razor was currently severly enraged, or if somehow this severe shaking was somehow affecting her perception of sound. The mare would have loved to say sorry but the rattling of her brain in her skull due to Razor's outburst were making it equally as hard to form words as it was to catch his.

Thankfully after loud whacking sound it seemed the little grifflet had managed to bring her big brother back into line. Soon the silver maned pony found herself sitting on the ground, her posture shifting as she still felt the aftershocks from the severe rattling the Griffon just gave her. Her bright blue eyes now crossed and her mane all frazzled and her tongue sticking from her mouth all goofily she managed to get out," W-wot.... wh-who? Was I just in a tornado 'r somethin'?"

"Honestly Razor. She didn't mean that. Forgive my brother, he is uh....sensitive about his height. But he didn't mean any harm. Right?" She said the last part with a glare at her brother, talons clenched. Underneath that cuteness was a very deadly birdy.

"Ugh....right....sorry." He groaned, lifting a talon to give a thumbs up. He lifted himself up, rubbing his head.

"Wotsat abou' bother? is nah.... uh... I'm gonna take a quiiiiiiiick rest." Soon the mare fell flat on her back , apparently either having passed, or been knocked out. Her painting once again catching on the wind but instead of flying off it drifted over and covered her up like a shroud.

"Hmm, well isn't this the upbeat little get-together!"

Fable Weaver spoke quietly to himself as he made his way towards what looked to be a small cottage hidden away from civilization. It was quite the house, Fable had to say. He would have loved to get something like this back in Fillydelphia, the serene atmosphere, the calming amount of nature with little company around. A perfect place for writing his books, while achieving his need for relaxation. He had to see how the pony managed to get this building, but Fable had other matters to attend to first.

It came to Fable's attention as he was lounging on a park bench in the town square, a couple of ponies around him were talking about an animal adoption fair happening today. Fable at first was intrigued by adopting a pet, he had a soft spot for animals but it never came to fruition as his mother was allergic to pet hair when he lived in Manehatten. He never had the privileged to own an animal for companionship, as a sort of silent friend he could depend on. The thought of adoption was a really good idea at the time, having a friend that was always there for him, on his shoulder or in his pocket keeping him company when he was writing a book. The idea grew on him until he also considered having a sort of mystery solving partner, there as a consultant and assistant in order to solve all of Equestria's mysteries. That idea alone made him get up and ask the ponies where this adoption fair was. He was pointed down a road and instructed to find a cottage with flora and fauna everywhere, and ask for Fluttershy. The name seemed oddly familiar to Fable, but couldn't quite place his hoof on it. Had he read about her somewhere? Without dwelling on it too much, with a bag of bits and an eager attitude, Fable made his way down to this fair.

As Fable Weaver made his way up to the cottage, he right away noticed a large banner in front reading "Pet Adoption Fair", telling him that the pony's directions helped him out considerably, and a large crowd of other ponies who came for the very same reason, checking out a plethora of animals that could probably be adopted and taken home on the spot. Fable Weaver was quite impressed with how the whole thing looked, as it showed on his face.

Fable walked up to what he assumed was where he could apply for an adoption, where a stack of papers and a box sat. Nopony seemed to be there, but he didn't really know where else he could go to ask about the adoption. He didn't even know who this "Fluttershy" was, so he couldn't go and find her. Fable simply stood and the table and looked around at the various animals and patrons running about. He then decided to speak up a bit, perhaps if other ponies could help him out in finding Fluttershy, he could meet his new intrepid partner faster. Fable cleared his throat and called out to anypony that may be listening in a modest tone of voice.

"Hello? Can anypony point me to the mare or stallion running this establishment? I would like to sign for an adoption, if I could?"

• 3 weeks later...

((Sorry about the delay on this. Now that Winter Wrap Up is over, I can focus back on my other RPs.))

Rather than blushing, Fluttershy blanched at Presteza's compliment that she was a 'good model.' Images of her time working with Photo Finish flashed through her mind. She had never gotten used to being in front of a camera, or the admirers that being a model had brought her. Add onto that the fact that she'd been unable to spend time with her friends and her animals, it was not a time she had any wish to repeat. "N-no, I'd b-be a terrible model..." she said, avoiding looking the artist in the eye. However, she did perk up when Presteza mentioned meeting Rarity. "Oh, I'm sure she'd be glad to meet another artist," she added, smiling. "Her shop, the Carousel Boutique, is right here in Ponyville!"

As Fluttershy was showing off the animals to Glimmer, she heard Presteza talking to Razor, but she wasn't really paying too much attention. Therefore, she was stunned when the griffon picked up the unicorn and started shaking her! "MISTER RAZOR!" She shouted, her eyes going wide. "What on Equestria are you doing??" Before she could react, though, Razor's little sister had thunked him in the head with her fist! Razor released Presteza, who reeled and fell over. While Glimmer pinned her brother with a glare, Fluttershy rushed to the unicorn's side. "Oh, my goodness! Miss Presteza, are you ok?" she asked, concerned. She started fanning the artist's face with her wing. It was then that she noticed Angel, also glaring at the larger griffon. "Angel Bunny! Go get Miss Presteza some water!"

Angel didn't flinch under the predator's gaze, but he might have gone a bit pale. It was hard to tell on his white cheeks... His contest the with the griffon was broken when Fluttershy called out for his aid. With one last look at the griffon, one that seemed to say "You got off easy, bub," the rabbit scampered off. He came back moments later, struggling on his hind paws, carrying a glass of water to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy took the glass from the bunny, and tried to get the dazed artist to drink. Razor seemed much subdued after his confrontation with his sister, but Fluttershy still watched him closely. "Um, does that happen often?" she quietly asked Glimmer. "I mean, if he has self esteem problems, I know a motivational speaker that might be able to help..."

Fluttershy turned her attention back to the the waiting animals. Glimmer seemed to have taken a liking to the armadillo, which was a relief to the pegasus. Many ponies who came to adopt animals didn't give much thought to a creature that wasn't fuzzy and cute. And, while she had taken a liking to the fledgling, if Glimmer selected a pet, she could take Razor with her. The larger griffon still looked a bit dazed, but Fluttershy was getting increasingly uncomfortable around him... "Well, Glimmer, what do you think?" she asked the little griffon.

Fluttershy was starting to droop at bit. She felt almost as if the fair had been going for a couple of years now, and ponies were still coming in. But, still, she really was enjoying this. Seeing ponies, and others, paired up with pets just made her feel warm and happy inside. She was checking on the dog pack, making sure they had enough water, when she saw a brown pegasus approach the registration table. He seemed to be scanning the crowd from behind his thick glasses, as if he was looking for somepony. When he called out, though, it became obvious who he was looking for.

"Hello!" Fluttershy said brightly, approaching him on hoof. "Welcome to the Adoption Fair! I'm Fluttershy, and this is my shelter. We have many animals her that would love to go home with somepony! Do you know what kind of an animal you'd like, Mister..." she left her sentence hanging, allowing the stallion to introduce himself.

After he made his call out for the proprietor of the adoption fair, A cute, butter yellow pegasus had approached him with a smile, who ultimately looked like she was the one in charge, or just a friendly pony wanting to assist him.

"Hello, welcome to the Adoption Fair! I'm Fluttershy, and this is my shelter. We have many animals her that would love to go home with somepony! Do you know what kind of an animal you'd like, Mister..."

Her greeting confirmed what Fable suspected, as he was initially pointed towards a Fluttershy, who was the mare in front of him with the bright disposition about her. Fable quickly bowed at her presence and straightened his trademark bow tie slightly, took a big swallow before replying.

"Weaver, my dear Fluttershy. Fable Weaver is my name, but you can call me Fable if you wish! Anywho, indeed I am searching for my lifetime furry partner to partake in world-saving mysteries and puzzles across Equestria and beyond!... Or for unabashed hugs and cuddles, if the former never comes to fruition..."

Before continuing, Fable put a hoof on his chin and rubbed it. He hadn't even considered what kind of pet he wanted! Would he prefer a smart, brave creature who obediently does what is asked, or something small and cute for aforementioned hugs and cuddles? Fable really had no clue whatsoever! Fable turned to the incredibly adorable pegasus, perhaps she could help him out, considering she was the one in charge of the whole thing. Coupled with her cutie mark, which could mean she was good with animals, or small creatures, and maybe had a sixth sense for this sort of thing.

"Hmm, I'm not too sure who would be my pet out of all of these poor animals. I was thinking someone smart, cute, could be quite helpful when needed, and small enough to care for easily, but really, any animal is adequate. I don't want to single out any animal solely for my needs and leave the others in the metaphorical dust. I'm sure a smart, visually pleasing mare such as yourself could help me choose what kind of pet I can take home, no?"

[bg=#fdf6af] Fluttershy took the glass from the bunny, and tried to get the dazed artist to drink. Razor seemed much subdued after his confrontation with his sister, but Fluttershy still watched him closely. "Um, does that happen often?" she quietly asked Glimmer. "I mean, if he has self esteem problems, I know a motivational speaker that might be able to help..."

Fluttershy turned her attention back to the the waiting animals. Glimmer seemed to have taken a liking to the armadillo, which was a relief to the pegasus. Many ponies who came to adopt animals didn't give much thought to a creature that wasn't fuzzy and cute. And, while she had taken a liking to the fledgling, if Glimmer selected a pet, she could take Razor with her. The larger griffon still looked a bit dazed, but Fluttershy was getting increasingly uncomfortable around him... "Well, Glimmer, what do you think?" she asked the little griffon.

Glimer sighed and face clawed, rubbing her face in embarrassment.

"I'm sooooo sorry. My big brother....he is just....oh so embarrassed." She muttered, hiding her face under a wing.

Razor groaned as he got even more heat. This frankly wasn't going like he had originally thought it would. And worse he seemed to now have made things hard on his sister and he really felt low on that.

"Glimmer why don't you settle things here. I'm gonna....go over there somewhere." Razor said, before tossing his sister the bag of bits he brought incase payment had been required for a pet. He then turned and unfolded his wings and with a great flap of them and pushing off the ground with his legs he took off and flew off away from the festives below and landed at the edge of the fair and sat beside a tree.

Glimmer frowned as she caught the bag and sighed, sniffing slightly.

"I'm really sorry about that. Razor is.....sensitive about his height." Glimmer said, feeling slightly upset now, "He has a bad history with it and tends to have trouble control his emotions. I'm really, really sorry."

Glimmer picked up her Armadillo and held it close, "I really like her. Can I have her? I think I should go now. I understand if you don't want us near here again. But please don't think Razor is bad, he is a good griffon at heart...he just....doesn't know how to act it yet."

Glimmer was very sad now. She was upset at her brother for overreacting, and angry at her self slightly for letting her irritation bother Razor. She knew he tried his best to not embarrass her. She looked up at Fluttershy once more, "Umm...you don't happen to know anygriffon or pony that could help him?"

Glimmer also noticed Presteza's drawing and gingerly picked it up, "Is it okay if I kept this?"

• 2 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

Presteza, Traveling artist

e"Oh, my goodness! Miss Presteza, are you ok?" she asked, concerned. She started fanning the artist's face with her wing. It was then that she noticed Angel, also glaring at the larger griffon. "Angel Bunny! Go get Miss Presteza some water!"

After a few moments, the artist's eyes soon began to drift open and she eagerly sipped down the water offered. Her head felt like it was just used as a maraca! Her neck felt slighty sore too, possibly due to it's flailing about due to Razor's vigorous shaking of her earlier. Lifting up her hoof she rubbed her neck and laughed a bit before speaking up while she lay on the ground,"... anypony find out wot pegasus is in charge o' that tornado that took me fer a spin?" she said with a playful , yet still dizzy laugh. The cream colored unicorn slowly pulled herself to her hooves,"Thanks fer yer help fluttershy... and you too littleguy!" she said while looking between Angel and his owner.

"Is it okay if I kept this?"

Hearing the little griffin speak up while holding her painting the mare grinned at glimmer, "O' course ya can keep it!" The mare shakily walked over to glimmer,"That paintin' on the house... or nest or.... um ... Nevermind. It's just free!"

• 2 weeks later...

As the well-spoken stallion introduced himself, Fluttershy giggled a little at his requests. It wasn't unusual to have ponies request an animal that might help their work somehow, but it often came down to how cute and cuddly they were. When Fable Weaver complemented her, the pegasus blushed and tried to withdraw behind her mane. Complements always brought out her insecurities, even from friends.

However, this pony wanted her help, and he could be helping one of her animals too! She steeled herself and looked Fable in the face, but her cheeks still felt warm. "W-well, I'm sure that you will get along with one of the animals here," she said, a little unsteadily. Then more strongly, she asked, "Now, Mr. Fable Weaver, if you are going to be adventuring, do you want an animal that can fly, or and animal to stay on the ground with you?"

Razor abruptly left the scene after his outburst, but Fluttershy was still busy tending to the stunned unicorn. "I am sooo sorry, Miss Presteza!" she said to the artist, apologetically. While Razor's reaction wasn't something she could have predicted, Fluttershy still felt responsible. After all, this was her shelter. When Presteza got back to her hooves, Fluttershy continued to fuss over her. "Are you sure you're ok? Are you still dizzy? Do you need to lie down?"

Fluttershy chanced a look over at Glimmer, and saw the sad look on the little griffon's face. The pegasus winced. She didn't know how else she could have reacted to Razor's behavior, but she certainly hadn't wanted make Glimmer feel unwelcome. Impulsively, she grabbed the fledgeling in a hug. "Oh, sweetie, its OK, you didn't do anything wrong!" Fluttershy said, trying to reassure the griffon. She then looked off into the distance at Razor. "I'm sure your brother didn't mean any harm, but, um, he might hurt someone with his, um, outbursts..."

Fluttershy looked down at Angel, who was sticking close to her, but still glaring at the griffon in the distance. "Angel, would you please go get one of those adds from Iron Will?" she asked him.

The bunny looked up at the pegasus with that look that clearly said You're kidding, right??

Fluttershy waved a hoof dismissively. "Yes, I know what happened the last time. But, Iron Will did help me with my confidence... sort of... I mean, it can't be as bad as before, right?"

The white bunny rolled his eyes, but ran off toward the cottage. He returned shortly with a pamphlet that Fluttershy gave to Glimmer. "Glimmer, show this to your brother. Iron Will can be kind of, um, intense, but he might be able to help..."

Fluttershy put a smile back on her face, and turned her attention back to the adoption. "Now! I'm very happy that you've found a new friend here! There's just a couple of things we need to go over about caring for her, and, um, your brother ought to hear it too."

Fluttershy chanced a look over at Glimmer, and saw the sad look on the little griffon's face. The pegasus winced. She didn't know how else she could have reacted to Razor's behavior, but she certainly hadn't wanted make Glimmer feel unwelcome. Impulsively, she grabbed the fledgeling in a hug. "Oh, sweetie, its OK, you didn't do anything wrong!" Fluttershy said, trying to reassure the griffon. She then looked off into the distance at Razor. "I'm sure your brother didn't mean any harm, but, um, he might hurt someone with his, um, outbursts..."

Glimmer sniffled, but smiled and returned the hug she was getting. She purred slightly as she rubbed her head against Fluttershy's chest.

"Thank you....and yes...we are....working on him with that."

The white bunny rolled his eyes, but ran off toward the cottage. He returned shortly with a pamphlet that Fluttershy gave to Glimmer. "Glimmer, show this to your brother. Iron Will can be kind of, um, intense, but he might be able to help..."

When Angel bunny brought the pamphlet, Glimmer smiled and rubbed her cheek against the little bunny's cheek, and pressed her beak against his cheek as well in a sort of griffon kiss, "Thank you Angel."

"And thank you Miss Fluttershy." Glimmer said as she looked over the offered material, "Razor's tried a lot of different things, but none of them ever seemed to work. I hope this does."

This Iron Will sounded like it might just be what Razor needed. After all, what could go wrong?

Fluttershy put a smile back on her face, and turned her attention back to the adoption. "Now! I'm very happy that you've found a new friend here! There's just a couple of things we need to go over about caring for her, and, um, your brother ought to hear it too."

Glimmer nodded and turned and shouted, "Razor! Get over here!" Her voice sounding more like a command then a request.

And obeying that command Razor was over there in the blink of an eye, "What?" He asked, looking around slightly as if expecting some sort of distress or other before blinking and sighing.

"What is it Glimmer? I'm not sure the pegasi here wants me anywhere near here so this better not be some lame attempt at a date night. I still have nightmares on that last one you made me try." He said.

Glimmer shook her head and handed her brother the pamphlet. Razor blinked and took it and looked it over.

"Iron Will." Razor said, opening the pamphlet and muttered to himself as he read the contents.

He nodded his head and sighed, "Oh alright. I guess after this little mess up I have no choice but to go."

"Not unless you want to tarnish your honor." Glimmer said, causing her brother to sigh in defeat.

Glimmer smiled, "Good. Also Fluttershy has somethings to say about taking care of Lulubell. That's a good name right?"

Razor blinked, "Lulubell?"

Glimmer nodded as she pulled the Armadillo closer to her in a hug.

Razor rolled his eyes, "Alright. Well then, hit me Miss Fluttershy." He said, hoping the mare knew enough of slang to know he meant tell him what he needed to hear...not actually hit him.

Java once again arrived at the humble town yet, normally chaotic town of Ponyville. Recently he found his trips here becoming all the more frequent as the days went on. Exponentially so! He was curious about what it was in this town that all who visits eventually get sucked in by it's metaphorical gravitational pull. Maybe it was just the fact that it was an abnormal town? One that was often times called quite, always had some form of shenanigins going on. Or maybe it was the return of nightmare moon? Or nightmare fright night? Or just the thousands other events that all seem to happen here. Either way, at least this time the pony had a real reason for showing up, rather than taking a look over things.

After having the reason of the emptiness of his own home brought into the light, he decided it was high time to change that. Rather than asking his special pony to move in, he figured he could always adopt and train a pet for himself. Besides, his pet boulder was quite boring. Actually, he knew it didn't even count as a pet. He just found it funny to paint tiger stripes on a rock, and glue some googly eyes to it. It was also a wonderful excuse for punishing unwanted intruders with a giant boulder. However, after a recent, and very real, break in... the poor thing lost an eye and has never been the same sense.

After being lead to the fields that the legendary animal charmer, Flutteryshy, was said to be by many other ponies in town; he couldn't help but to wonder exactly what kind of animal he was going to get. Maybe a dog? Yes, Java had heard that dogs were very easy to train and tended to be quite loyal. But some times they were reckless, and misbehaved. Maybe a bird? Java liked the thought of having a nice little bird sit on his shoulder, giving him the apperance of a pirate without a tricorner hat... but oh the white droppings it would leave all over the place! Or perhaps a cat? A very loving creature... when it feels like it. Not to mention incredibly lazy, or incredibly active. Never in between. What if-

Java came to an abrupt hault and quickly shook his head. He was letting his thoughts get to far ahead of themselves once again. He frowned as he now looked up to spot many animals all frolicking in the grass. Each one of them, he could easily list off a whole slew of problems and inefficiencies. He also knew that everything has flaws, even himself. Which only made his choices that much harder.

"Well, I'll have to learn how to deal with it..." he mumbled to himself as he now started trotting again, till he found a pony that met the description of what the towns folk was saying. Who seemed.... to be comforting two griffons? Both of whom he recognized, but the names had slipped his memory long ago. All he knew was that the younger one tended to be cruel to her brother, and her brother always get's the rough end of the stick.

"Excuse me, Miss. You wouldn't happen to be Fluttershy, would you," He asked the pegasus pony with a friendly smile. Though, he took the towns folk's warning very seriously. Apparently this pony was more shy than a cockroach in broad daylight.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle danced on her little hooves as she trotted along toward Fluttershy's house. She'd finally done it! She'd finally asked her parents if she could get a pet! It'd taken her hours to work up the courage, hours! And then she asked and then they said yes! And then she tried to justify why they should let her get a pet and then she realized they said yes! They said yes! In her excitement, the trot became a canter, and then a full gallop, and then she skidded to a stop when she realized something very important.

"I don't even know what I want!" Sweetie cried around. She sat down on the dirt path and tried to narrow down her options but there were just so many adorable animals in the world. She get a puppy like Winona or a turtle like Tank or a kitty like Opa-- NO. No cats. She let out a wistful sigh and looked around her. She was almost to Fluttershy's house. She didn't know what she even wanted, but she had gone too far to turn back now. She thought she would walk the rest of the way to Fluttershy's cottage, but before long she was at a full gallop again. Even if she didn't know what she wanted, meeting all these animals would be so. Much. FUN!

Soon she was at the fair, and bouncing circles around Fluttershy. "Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Guess what! My parents said I could get a pet!" The filly squeaked every other word in her excitement, and she stopped bouncing in front of the older mare. "Can you help me?"

Fluttershy drew back instinctively as Razor approached again. The griffon still made her nervous, but he really wasn't a bad griffon! He was just... sensitive. The mare swallowed her fear and stepped forward again. She couldn't let her fears get the better of her.

It was kind of cute the way Glimmer was able to reign in her volatile brother, but Fluttershy found her cheeks growing warm when Razor mentioned something about a date... Not that Razor wasn't... um... a fine specimen... but she didn't think about him that way... She shook her head to clear her thoughts. She smiled widely down at Glimmer and said, happily, "I think Lulubell is a wonderful name!" Then looking back at both of the griffons, she continued. "Now, this pamphlet will tell you lots of things about armadillos; like what kinds of bugs they like to eat, how ofter they need to eat, and how they like to build their burrows. Remember that she can't see very well, and to be careful around water, since she can't swim very well." She held out a hoof to rub Lulubell's belly one more time, then added, "I'm sure you're going to be very happy together!"

As Fluttershy was speaking to the griffons, a brown earth pony approached her. Like most of the ponies she'd seen at the fair today, she did not recognize this stallion. Goodness, she didn't know that her Adoption Fair was going to bring in so many ponies from other towns! On one hoof, she was more than glad to match ponies up with an animal friend, but on another hoof, she didn't want TOO much attention here...

This stallion was coffee brown, with a messy black mane and tail. He had a puzzling cutie mark. Was it an E? No, it wasn't shaped quite right for an E... He also had a pair of goggles around his neck. She couldn't even guess what this pony's talent might be... Turning to address him, Fluttershy answered, "Um, yes, I'm Fluttershy... Are you here for the Adoption Fair?"

At Angel's insistence, Fluttershy took a momentary break between customers. Though the pegasus certainly could use a little break, Angel's reasons were more personal; His tail was not as fluffy as it should be! How was he supposed to work in these conditions if his tail was going all limp?! So Fluttershy found herself sitting near the refreshment table, taking sips of punch in between putting rollers into Angel's tail.

"There, Angel Bunny, now your tail should be back to normal in just a few minutes!" Fluttershy cooed at the bunny. Angel looked at his tail appraisingly before giving a sniff that seemed to say That will do... for now...

Fluttershy rose to her hooves, just as a familiar filly ran up to her and began bouncing excitedly. "Well hello, Sweetie Belle!" Fluttershy greeted her with a smile. Rarity's little sister seemed even more energetic than usual as she bounced a circle around Fluttershy. She didn't even get a chance to 'guess what' before the filly burst out with her news. "Well, that is wonderful news Sweetie Belle, and I can most certainly help you!" Fluttershy answered, her mind already beginning to work. "Do you know what kind of pet you'd like to have? Maybe a little kitty cat like Opal? Or..." An idea hit Fluttershy just then, and she looked closely down into the little filly's eyes. "Or maybe a song bird, that you could sing along with?" Sweetie Belle had a remarkable voice for a filly her age, and most ponies by now assumed that her cutie mark would have something to do with music. Yes, a pony had to discover their Talent on their own, but a poke in the right direction couldn't hurt...

Fluttershy drew back instinctively as Razor approached again. The griffon still made her nervous, but he really wasn't a bad griffon! He was just... sensitive. The mare swallowed her fear and stepped forward again. She couldn't let her fears get the better of her.

It was kind of cute the way Glimmer was able to reign in her volatile brother, but Fluttershy found her cheeks growing warm when Razor mentioned something about a date... Not that Razor wasn't... um... a fine specimen... but she didn't think about him that way... She shook her head to clear her thoughts. She smiled widely down at Glimmer and said, happily, "I think Lulubell is a wonderful name!" Then looking back at both of the griffons, she continued. "Now, this pamphlet will tell you lots of things about armadillos; like what kinds of bugs they like to eat, how ofter they need to eat, and how they like to build their burrows. Remember that she can't see very well, and to be careful around water, since she can't swim very well." She held out a hoof to rub Lulubell's belly one more time, then added, "I'm sure you're going to be very happy together!"

"Eeeh I knew you would like it!" Glimmer squealed, wrapping Fluttershy into a big hug and squeezing with all her little griffon might as she nuzzled Fluttershy's check. The feathers on her head amazingly soft.

Lulubell, the Aramdillo, wagged it's tail before turning over to let Fluttershy rub her belly one more time. The little armadillo was a little sad to leave the pony that had taken such good care of her and rubbed its head against her leg once more before crawling over to stand beside Glimmer, who picked her up and sat the Armadillo on her head, making Lulubell look like an oddly shaped, bow wearing helmet of some sort.

"Okay. I'll read everything in this till I can recite it in my sleep!" Glimmer said, suddenly going stiff, bringing her legs together and using one of her wings to give Fluttershy a very militaristic style salute. She then giggled as she pulled Lulubell from her head and ran off with her new pet and information pamphlets, hugging both to her with glee as she flapped about in giddy circles with her wings.

Razor watched his sister and smiled, laughing lightly. He hadn't seen Glimmer this happy since her birthday last year, when she had gotten that special super deluxe chocolate vanilla, ice cream cake surprise cake with strawberries. Well....actually she had sort of coerced Razor into buying it for her. She had a way of getting him to do things for her like that.

'My only weakness.....next to pink poofy maned ponies and water.' He thought. Oh and hugs...and girls. Girls the most dangerous.

Razor turned toward Fluttershy, his eyes soft and not holding the usual steely glint. He even seemed to not try to seem as menacing now. He scratched behind his head with a talon, looking up at the sky suddenly.

"Hey uh...what it's worth..." He started, "Thanks. I think I can sleep a little easier at night knowing my sister isn't alone when I'm not around. Given our parents work, they aren't always around. It might not see noticeable, but Glimmer is definitely a lot happier now then when she got here."

Razor looked back at Fluttershy, and after gulping and holding up a shakey talon he said, "I behaved rather poorly during this whole thing. Letting my own problems get the better of me. I'm sorry again....so um...." He growled as he started staring at the ground, a blush on his face, "So uh...friends? I mean....it's not like it's important I just....it's just that Glimmer likes you and you made her happy. You have my gratitude and respect...two things that are not easy to get from a griffon. Especially me."

Razor felt himself getting more embarrassed....and perhaps a bit fearful of what the mare would do. Actually the only thing he feared right now was if she actually shook his talon. That was probably the only thing making him uncomfortable.

"I mean...you don't have to do that...I just...sweet Celestia I'm not good at this." He said, mumbling the last few words to himself.

Seeing that others needed her attention, and that Glimmer was far off, Razor spread his wings and gently lifted himself off the ground with slow beats of his wing.

"Anyway see you around Miss Fluttershy and maybe one day you can show me that weird thing you did with your eyes. You must be a lot tougher inside then you look if you can pull of a glare that makes even me freeze in fear.....not that I was afraid mind you. Anyway...bye." And with that, Razor took off like a cannon ball from a cannon and sped off after his sister.

All in all....he felt he was getting better at all this social stuff.

Eh....slowly.

Java smiled to the response. He found it rather odd that this little pony was on the shy side, and yet running things. But to each pony, is there own Java always thought. Though he did catch her inspecting her. And so he did look down over himself. Was it his appearance? Ok so maybe he looks like he belongs in a jungle, but he did his best to try and look nice... after breaking two or three combs in his mane. Maybe he'd look more attractive if he could actually get it under control. Yeah, he was pretty hardy. Though scars were a dime of a dozen on his sides once you move enough fur out of the way. Guess it would give him that handsome rugged look mares and some stallions fall over now a-days. But the pony wasn't self conscious about his appearance! No! He wore it with pride! If a pony told him he looked ugly, he'd tell em to go buck himself.

“Yep! Here to adopt a new companion to join me back home in Canterlot. I am looking for something hardy. And semi-independent,” Java hummed happily lifting his gaze back up from himself. Though of course Java wasn't looking for something maintenance free. He just wanted something that was capable of taking care of it's self in the case of long absences from home. Usually caused by the pony's frequent visits to the hospitals after breaking a leg or worst. All in the lines of work! And what this pony wouldn't do for science!

Which was another thing! Oh how wonderful it would be if his new companion assisted him on his adventures and experiments! He wouldn't have to be alone in the world, or worry about not having help when he gets stuck again! But maybe it would mean something uncanny, and just plain out weird? Well Java loves weird.

The pony then lowered his flank back down to the ground, and raised a hoof in an offer to shake the mares. “Java is the name!”

Archived