Braeburn

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Braeburn

Species: Earth pony

Pelt Color: Pale golden orange (Hex: ECD556 - Confetti)

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Orange-ish tan with golden high lights (Hex: E69A27- Fire Bush & E2B23D - Anzac respectively)

Eye Color: Light Apple Green (Hex: 40FF00)

Cutie Mark: A single Braeburn Apple (Red-Orange in color - Hex: FF461C)

Physique: He's a lean, but wiry-tough pony.  Not as strong as many of the others, but with more than enough energy to make up for it

Residence: Appleoosa, a newly built town located between the Painted Pinto Desert and Saddleveil Plains

Occupation: One of the original apple orchard land-owners of Apploosa, which gives him some authority as a spokespony and in matters of town planning and defense, although no formal position

Motivation: To start and manage and hopefully expand an apple orchard business in a region no one thought could be done, with the hopes of selling to both Ponies and Griffins alike

Likes: AAAAAAAppleoosa!, horse-drawn carriages, horse-drawn horse-drawn carriages, salt licks, law and order, wild west dances, mild west dances, and especially his gorgeous orchard in AAAAAAppleoosa!

Dislikes: Being interrupted, being late or lateness in others, unneighborly folks, being told he cannot do something, bad western performances, confrontation, wastefulness (especially in regards to food)

Character Summary: When he was growing up, he was always working 'on his dam's farm', or pulling 'his uncle's plow'.  Even when he got a blue ribbon at fair, it was 'just like his older cousin' or 'just like his grandsire.'  It never felt like he was really achieving something for his own, just trying to live up to what the rest of the family had already done. Braeburn wanted more - he wanted to make something with his own four hooves, not just repeat what everypony before him had done.

One day he took out a map of his clan's orchards, and realized there was a big gap down south where no one had anything.  He decided this is the place to start his own orchard, a place where nopony else had.  When they told him he couldn't grow an orchard in the desert, that just made him all the more determined to prove his mouth wasn't making promises his hooves couldn't keep.

Braeburn thus has taken his knowledge, skill and personal enthusiasm to start anew on the frontier in an attempt to establish his own apple orchard and business in a region that lacks both, as one of the founders of the new frontier town of Appleoosa. His strong personality and friendly nature allows him to quickly greet and welcome visitors to the new town, eager to show them all Appleoosa has to offer. Quite personally and directly, if necessary!

Braeburn.png

Opinions please, but I think I have this set.

I really like the thought put into his back story on why he decided to work on a settlement. I think it leaves a good opening for more insight and development on the character. I also think you have captured his character well given what we know of him thus far.

You've put a lot of thought into this and it shows, a little more devlopment maybe into his personality and history could see this going a LONG way but you certainly have a knack for giving a character depth.

Complextalent if you would like to complete for the position be sure to post your application here in the Open Apps here. C: We will read and pick which one we think will fit better to the world of Equestria, if the characters are just still to similar in concept/back ground stories will will most likely pick who posted first. Don't lose hope!

I'm going to put my vote on this one, because the other app that is in the ooc section right now, just kind of recites the episode where as this one actually gives us some back story and personal insight into Braeburn.

Heh, I concede too, brianblackberry put some more input into this app. Kudos to you, man.

Thanks.. I didn't mean to step on anyone's shoes though, just had this idea for a while in the chat. D: