A closet brony no more

Shadowrunner

I finally told my dad that I am a brony. It took a while but I did it. i would like to know how some of you did if you did and if you didn't maybe reading some of these stories will help. Ill start off all I did was not close my laptop when my dad walk't in and explained it the best I could.

• Like 1

That's cool, but I still don't like how people refer to it as coming out of the closet.

It isn't a religion, cult, or identity....

(If you catch my drift....)

I know but it isn't considered "normal" by main stream society meaning if you are hiding it then you are it the "closet" and as for the identity well for some it has become an identity all though not as extreme as a cult or religion an identity nonetheless. personally i don't see why "coming out of the closet" is vied as negative when it just means accepting who you are.

I know but it isn't considered "normal" by main stream society meaning if you are hiding it then you are it the "closet" and as for the identity well for some it has become an identity all though not as extreme as a cult or religion an identity nonetheless. personally i don't see why "coming out of the closet" is vied as negative when it just means accepting who you are.

I don't view it as negative, thank you. I never said that. I just said I don't like the terminology.

Anyway, whatever.

While I applaud your ability to be public about your fandom because it is obviously a big deal for you, I don't understand what the big deal is. As it's been said, being a brony is not like having a particular sexual orientation or religious following. A brony is typically a 20-something male who enjoys My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and participates in an internet community devoted to the show. Sure it's seen as deviant by a lot of people, but it's just a TV show.

Although I suppose the same thing could be said for sexuality or religion, but those have a different stigma attached to them. Meh. Don't let me rain on your brony parade though. I'm just rambling.