Macenzie

Hello everypony!

My name is Mac and I am a fairly recent convert into the world of MLP. Quite a few of my close friends are fans and after much “encouragement” from them I decided to take the plunge and start watching the show. To my pleasant surprise I found it very cute, funny and charming. So I guess now I have become a “brony” much to the distaste of a fair few of my friends! XD

I found this place thanks to a friend of mine who pointed me here, I am not new to roleplaying however I have never roleplayed as a pony so go easy on me!

As for the “Real” me I am 26, a furry, web developer and all round fun loving guy from the UK. My interests included Guitar, Airsoft and Gaming.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I look forward to meeting you all!

To the distaste of a few of your friends eh? Clearly they haven't watched. I am a firm believer in the notion that anyone who watches FiM with an open mind will either enjoy the show, or at least understand the appeal.

And there is indeed a fandom crossover there. I have never been one to judge based on things like that. I actually respect this fandom more because of its exceedingly accepting nature. I can't imagine anyone being ill received if they were earnest (and kept it pg) in this fandom and this community especially.

That said...

Welcome to Canterlot! This is a great community with awesome people (ponies? I don't know I go between the two here)...

Also, side note... I've been meaning to get into airsoft. However anything that fires projectiles and is able to be concealed is illegal here :(. I can't even order one at my current address...

Mainly my more "Blokey" friends who are the most annoyed by this, they say I'm just "following the crowd" and stuff, meh they'll never understand.

Thanks for the welcome! Shame about the replica ban in your area, I had no idea it was an issue anywhere in the US, although I hear paintball is much more popular than airsoft over the pond.

Mainly my more "Blokey" friends who are the most annoyed by this, they say I'm just "following the crowd" and stuff, meh they'll never understand.

Thanks for the welcome! Shame about the replica ban in your area, I had no idea it was an issue anywhere in the US, although I hear paintball is much more popular than airsoft over the pond.

Paintball is more popular. I prefer the idea of airsoft more though. And it really isn't an issue most places, I just happen to live in a metropolis with strict rules regarding weapons.

Then again, my interests are most decidedly not very american. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with my Serbian father...

If they think that then again they haven't given it a fair shot. I'm not one to go after popular things, and will only follow something if I actually enjoy it.

I've played paintball, but never tried airsoft. From the sound of it, it's a bit more "realistic" in the way the way it operates? And it sounds a good bit more dangerous if the proper precautions aren't followed too! Maybe that's why we dont' play it much here? The threat of lawsuits and such? I don't know how litigious you guys are in the UK, but over here, everything is a lawsuit.

Guest EoLPinkie

I've played paintball, but never tried airsoft. From the sound of it, it's a bit more "realistic" in the way the way it operates? And it sounds a good bit more dangerous if the proper precautions aren't followed too! Maybe that's why we dont' play it much here? The threat of lawsuits and such? I don't know how litigious you guys are in the UK, but over here, everything is a lawsuit.

pinkie-pie-3-4909_preview.png I'm suing you!

Before I get wrapped up in years of legal controversy, weeeeeeeeeeeeelcome to Canterlot Mac! Woo! :D:Pinkie: I play airsoft all the time! I guess I've just never been caught... Lots of fun, except the time when I got airsoft shotguns and my friend buried a shot into my forearm. I've got scars :sad: Still fun though! I want to get a paintball sniper rifle! It's like laser tag but they can't say they didn't get hit! :D I love to joke and giggle, so if you need any of that, let me know? And come on, what pony doesn't need some of that in their lives? :smirk:

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Wow! Thank you all for the warm reception!

@Shadowrunner

Thanks! Good to be here!

@Doc Hoof MD

I hope I will! Love your avatar btw the animation makes me giggle!

@MyLittlePonyTales

My my, that is alot of information! I will hopefully put together a character some point soon to be submitted. I doubt I will submit my own "Pony" though as i'm not sure how to explain my Guitar cutie mark (Hooves arn't good for strumming XD).

@Outlaw2

Thank you!

@Armony

Thanks, I’m sure I will!

@Dessa

Airsoft is much safer than paintball, especially in the UK where there are strict limits on power. 6mm plastic balls do much less damage than paintballs, the only real safety precaution you need to take with airsoft is of course eye protection.

In the UK airsoft has its own self-regulatory body and we play at insured airsoft sites, so litigation is not as much of a concern.

@EoLPinkie

Tehe thankies! That must have been a pretty powerful gun to leave a scar, our power limits at airsoft sites are 350 Foot Per Second for automatics and 400 – 500 Foot Per Second on single shot rifles (with a 25 metre rule of engagement).

I’m sure I shall have many giggles with you miss Pinky :3

• Like 1

@MyLittlePonyTales

My my, that is alot of information! I will hopefully put together a character some point soon to be submitted. I doubt I will submit my own "Pony" though as i'm not sure how to explain my Guitar cutie mark (Hooves arn't good for strumming XD).

Hey, my OC Slye 'Tails' Fox plays guitar.

Plus...

Guitar.jpg

Pony_l.png

Happy_cowpony_S02E14.png

It's canon!