So....I need some serious brony cheer-up.

Shadowrunner

I've been canned for equally garbage reasons. I've lost friends from work for equally garbage reason. And those rules for tardiness are ludicrous. Keep a stiff upper lip, though and willpower will see you through. You'll find another job in no time!

Uhm. What else.

I have spare McDs ponies! A jumbo zip-lock bag full. Eh? Zip lock bag full of ponies?

Are we trying to kill with cuteness?

Here are some insanely cute red pandas.

And yeah... Things happen for a reason. I've had my down times in my life, but something better was always lurking around the corner... you just gotta find it ;)

You know, when I'm sad, I just think about this little thing.

Some things in life are bad. They can reall... forget this. SONG CUE

NSFW for language:

I know I am just a newbie and all, But I hope I can cheer you up the best I can :)

Its a shame about what happened, and by the sound of it. The place you worked at really did have a flawed attendance system, but in the end, We all just have to move on. I know it can be hard.

hug-me-dashie-6351_preview_thumb.png

From what I've seen most call centers are strict on attendance and being late due to the nature of the job requiring being able to estimate how many calls can be handled. A worker not being there throws this off. When I worked in a call center I kept calling in so I could pick up extra shifts at my main job and was told I would be fired if I kept it up. Your being fired probably came from above your immediate supervisors and they probably had no say in it.

The best thing is to learn from what happened and if your supervisors think you are a good worker see if they will give you a reference

• 3 weeks later...

So, bronies...yesterday, I received a call from the temp agency I've been working for.

Apparently, over the past 4 months I've been working for them, I have had too many 'tardy points' and thus...I was let go.

I'm feeling really....really.....just....cruddy about it too. Because I was progressing really well in the company, I had praise coming in from the high ups, and well, I was DARN good at my job. I easily made up for being 1-2 minutes late with the high volume of phone calls that I took in.

To further explain, I've been working for a company that takes calls from health care providers and assists them with some of their billing information. They had these strict policies on what infor you could and could not give out, strict time standards (had to keep all calls under 5 minutes.) I was really doing just....awesome with calls. My call time was like ~2minutes, I had quite a few customer reviews (where at the end of the call they want to tell my supervisor how I'm 20% cooler than the other reps.) And.....being two to four minutes late for work a few times over the course of four months....means that all of that doesn't matter.......

Of course, I admit I WAS late, although I should further explain their flawed attendance system. First of all, you get 'points' for tardies or missed days. For example, if you miss a day, say you call in sick, you accrue 1/2 a point. But if you're even 1 minute late--you ALSO accrue 1/2 of a point.

Apparently there were several occasions where I was between 3 and 8 minutes late, so they had to let me go.....

I just...I feel so lost...it's like they're telling me all of your hard work, great customer service, and advances within this company mean absolutely NOTHING because....your punctuality isn't good enough....I....I'm speechless....and also jobless.....

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*.....Bronies.....I need some serious cheering up.......I'm stuck in a rut.....and I though maybe you guys....with your infinite love and friendship....idunno.....halp?

we have a venting thread :)