(Ponyville) Sweet Meets Pinkie (ATTN: Pinkie Pie!)(Closed)

Tempest Rime

"Oh, no I wasn't upset," Pinkie insisted, "I was just... suspicious. I wasn't gonna be upset until you actually cheated me, and if you don't have any plans for doing that, then there's nothing to worry about, right? Uh, just a minute, lemme deal with these other ponies, I'll be right back." She grabbed a cookie and shoved it into Sweet's mouth to distract her. "Here, have one on the house."

She trotted over to the newcomer. "Hay there, it's not a bad time. It's never a bad time. NEVER!" She said it with significantly more force than was necessary. She waved a hoof at Apple Bloom as well. "Hi Apple Bloom, how's it goin'? Oh! Are you all gonna throw Granny Smith a big party this year?" She glanced back at Sweet. "'Cause I could totally help you out if are." It would give her the perfect opportunity to show Sweet the ropes too.

Before Sweet could answer, even saying thanks or she was sorry for turning into a crying mess, Sweet was silenced by a cookie. Not just any cookie, a super chocolaty cookie!

"Mmmm.. Thiff foofie if amafiffin!" (Translation: This cookie is amazing!")

Sweet then realized that there were other ponies, spesifically a male pony and a filly named Apple Bloom. They must have seen Sweet go into her cry fest! Sweet wanted to just curl up into a ball and blend in with the wood floor. She didn't like being embarrassed, especially by her own self.

Pinkie while talking to Apple Bloom glanced back to Sweet. The chocolate hued mare tilted her head in question, wondering if Pinkie was making sure if she was ok or that she wanted to talk to her again.

With Pinkie occupying Apple Bloom's time, Sweet decided to try some damage control with the stallion. "Oh hello there," Swet said swallowing the rest of the mega sized cookie, "Sorry about that. What you saw was kind of a misunderstanding. Anyway, we're all better, right Pinkie? Oh, by the way, my name's Sweet Surprise, what's your name?"

Muffin was happy to see that whatever had been going on before seemed to have blown over, although when the pink mare shouted "NEVER" he couldn't help but flinch a bit. "Er… O-Okay then…" he said, smiling nervously at the earth pony as she went to assist the filly that had just entered. Still not quite sure what to make of what had just happened, Muffin turned his atention to Sweet as she introduced herself.

"Oh that's okay m'am, just as long as everything's okay now. And I'm Muffin Top, nice to meetcha" Muffin said, giving the chocolate brown mare a warm smile. "Say, how's that taste anyway?" he said pointing to the cookie that Sweet was munching on. "This is my first time in a bakery like this, ya see." he elaborated. "Spent most of my life on a rock farm, so I ain't never had any sweets before, only ate whatever my ma could make. Closest thing to sweets she ever made was muffins. That's how I got my name, y'know."

Timid Star, a small, frail looking metallic gold unicorn colt, had followed the sweet smell of baked treats to this building with cake trim. He needed something sweet to make himself feel better after today's magical backfire involving marshmallows and a campfire. Sniffing back tears, he put on a big, fake smile as he entered the bakery, shaking a little as he nervously surveyed the scene. A cake smashed on the floor, and several ponies all grouped together, engaged in conversation. This was his second visit to Ponyville after the Wrap Up he had participated in. "Um, hello? I'm....Timid...Star. Is this a bad time for me to be here? I can come back later...", he said softly, his face still a little scrunched up and weepy from his failure as he began to back out of the bakery, eyes pointed towards the floor.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

The extreme chaos in the bakery came to an abrupt end which, to Apple Bloom, was the greatest sign of true chaos. Only then could a situation go from bad to good to worse to best. She shook her head and such thoughts vanished in a wide smile, beaming at the party pony whose own energy was both infectious and endless.

"Why, you betcha! We're gonna throw 'er the best, grandest party an Apple's ev'r had! But ah need yer help, Pinkie. Ya see, Applejack's gonna bake one of her special apple cakes and that's gonna be mighty delicious, but that means ah can't bake a cake naw and ah need to make somethin' for the party. So ah came down here 'cause ah was thinking to myself, 'Who knows more about parties and party food than Pinkie Pie?' and the answer's no one, so ah'd be mighty grateful if ya could help me out," Apple Bloom said with a smile as she approached the counter, placing her hooves on it at the end and plastering a wide, ceaselessly adorable grin on her face.

Shooting Star trotted through Ponyville, saddlebags empty apart from a few bits, having returned her nearly overdue book to the library. She preferred to come to Ponyville's library as its selection was much better than Cloudsdale's and the unicorn who worked there was much more helpful than the grumpy old stallion at the Cloudsdale library anyway. As she headed down the main street, the smell coming from the frosted building made her pause. "Hmmm i still have a few bits, might as well treat myself" she said to nopony in particular

She trotted over to the building, nearly bumping into a gold colored unicorn who seemed to be backing out the door. "Oh, sorry about that" she said with a smile as she passed him and entered the store, seeing there were several ponies in there already she paused and looked around, trying to decide what to buy

Pinkie's eyes went wide at Muffin's statement. "You've never has sweets before?" She asked, her jaw dropping in amazement. "That's it, I'm buying you all a cookie." She distributed them to Muffin Top, Apple Bloom, and the newcomer before somehow appearing behind Timid. She spun him around, shoved his cookie into his mouth, and said, "Didn't you hear what I was just yelling. It's never a bad time." Her happly-go-lucky expression turned deadly serious for a moment as she added in a low whisper "Never."

She pranced back over to Apple Bloom and Sweet Surprise, pushing the latter forward presentably. "So... you need a party planner, and I need a place for a party planner's apprentice to practice planning parties. How about I put this pony in place as principal party planner, presided over by me personally, for a purely provisional purpose. I promise you, this party will be so prodigiously prosperous that everypony in Ponyville will be praising it perpetually, and Sweet's place as a prominent party pony will be perfected!"

Pinkie's eyes went wide at Muffin's statement. "You've never has sweets before?" She asked, her jaw dropping in amazement. "That's it, I'm buying you all a cookie." She distributed them to Muffin Top, Apple Bloom, and the newcomer before somehow appearing behind Timid. She spun him around, shoved his cookie into his mouth, and said, "Didn't you hear what I was just yelling. It's never a bad time." Her happly-go-lucky expression turned deadly serious for a moment as she added in a low whisper "Never."

She pranced back over to Apple Bloom and Sweet Surprise, pushing the latter forward presentably.

Timid suddenly felt himself spun around and brought into the bakery by the mare with the bubblegum pink pelt and before he could protest at being handled that way a cookie was shoved into his mouth. Seeing her expression shift to one of deadly seriousness as she repeated "Never.", he shivered with fear and nearly fled the bakery but knew it would be rude to leave without thanking the mare for the cookie. He took a small nibble of the cookie and the sweetness and chocolate chips melted his fears away and he felt a little calmer. "Thish ish Delishoush!", he said, his mouth full of cookie crumbs as his eyes had brightened up and gleamed a little. He still felt uncomfortable but he wasn't as scared as he was before.

Shooting Star grinned as the pink earth pony seemed to almost fly around the shop, dispensing cookies to everypony. As she bit into it, the golden unicorn she had nearly walked into declared "Thish ish Delishoush!"

Star attempted to voice her agreement, but had too much cookie in her mouth to speak properly. Gulping it down quickly she turned to the pink earth pony, who was talking rapidly about a party of some sort being planned by a planner who was planning... Trying to keep up was beginning to hurt her head slightly "And ponies say i talk quickly" she thought to herself.

Noticing that the pink pony had stopped talking, she quickly interjected, "These are the best cookies I've ever had! Would i be able to buy some more?" Then with a slightly nervous smile asked, "That is, if it won't delay your party planning, i can always come back later on if you like"

(OOC: Due to the proliferation of ponies, I have closed the ponies to any newcomers. Don't worry, it will be temporary).

Suddenly Sweet realized that there were now several ponies who came to Sugar Cube Corner. Pinkie Pie must be one popular pony!

Each pony seemed to be looking for something different, yet the one thing in common was baked goods. Several ponies were silenced by cookies, especially one who said never had a cookie before.

Then in a surprise twist that not even Sweet Surprise could predict, Pinkie pushed her forward and presented her as the new party planning apprentice.

"Wha? You want me to be your party planning assistant? I'm mean I'm honored, but wow. I'd happy to be a party planning practicer! Thank you thankyou thank you!"

Sweet then hugged Pinkie so tightly that if she were a balloon pony, the pink pony might pop

Upon saying that he'd never tried any sweets before, Muffin Top noticed that he seemed to have triggered another outburst from the pink mare named Pinkie. He couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as to just what shew as about to do next, but was pleasently surprised when he found large cookie shoved into his mouth. Muffin took hold of the cookie in his hoof as he took his first bite, the sweet flavor bringing a large grin to his face. "Thank ya m'am, this is delicious! Sweetest thing I ever tasted." he said to Pinkie, right as Sweet Surprise began to hug her. Muffin couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the sight.

As Muffin continued to enjoy his cookie, he found his attention drawn to the gold unicorn colt that had walked in earlier with a sad look on his face. He seemed a bit better now, but the earth pony couldn't help but wonder if something was bothering the little foal. "Hey there lil' fella." he said as trotted up to the colt. "How're ya likin' that cookie?" Muffin asked in a cheerful tone.

Upon trashing a cake, Flourish began feeling guilty. It wasn't in her nature to get so mad. She went home and grabbed a Rose. The walk back to Sugarcube Corner was a bit scary for Flourish. "What will she say to me? What will she THINK of me? I hope she's not too mad." Thinking of what she had done, a single tear fell from her face. As she arrived at the bakery, she noticed a couple more ponies arrived. "Oh no..." She walked inside and set the Rose on the counter. "I felt bad about what I did... And I.... I... I..." It was then that she began crying a river. She wasn't able to control it. Flourish ran outside and sat on the ground. "I've blown it, the one chance I had to fix what I had done, I messed it up." She didn't know what to do.

The cookie Pinkie Pie gave to Apple Bloom was sugary and sweet with just the faintest hint of salt. She knew just how to keep your taste buds guessing; most of the time, a baker would have used too much salt and it would have overwhelmed everything else. But Pinkie used just a pinch, never more and never less. If anything, she was at least consistent in her baking methods! Apple Bloom smiled as she rapidly ate the cookie. Good eatin'! It distracted her from the overuse of P-words, of which she could only get the general gist. Sometimes with Pinkie that was all you could hope for and anything above it was gravy.

"Well, ah *GULP* say that sounds mighty dandy there, Pinkie. Ah could sure use any sorta help ya can give me, ah'm sure she'll be great! Hay thar, mah name's Apple Bloom. Ah need to throw a party for ma' granny, and if ya could help me, ah'd be greatly grateful!" Apple Bloom said, extending her hoof just as the pony in question nearly popped Pinkie's head off with a hug. She certainly was an excitable one; now Apple Bloom could see why she was chosen. She hoped that the pony was up to the task, seeing as how Apple Bloom hoped to make quite the splash! With Pinkie's help, she was sure that it would all turn out as well as possible. Well, the party at least.

Timid was enjoying his cookie, taking small bites to make it last as long as possible. The taste was exquisitely rich to his taste buds that were still used to island food. Then an unfamiliar pony approached and asked him what he thought of the cookie. He replied softly, "It's the best cookie I have ever eaten! I am dying for an omelet cookie though...", giving a small smile. He watched the cheerfully hyperactive exchange between Pinkie and Sweet Surprise and the hug that followed. The hug made Timid start to tear up as it reminded him that he was a long distance from his parents. His mouth began quivering as he fought valiantly to repress the feelings of homesickness and failure.

"Great," Pinkie shouted loudly, "OK, so you talk to Apple Bloom here and see what she wants out of the party, get all the details. Attention to details is important. And then once you do that, try to get a rough plan for the party. That part doesn't have to be too detailed yet, because once you have that much, you can come to me, and I'll see how you're doing. And in the mean time," Pinkie turned to the other ponies in the store, "I've got other customers to..."

Pinkie trailed off, watching as two more ponies burst into tears for no reason. "Geez, and I'm not even babysitting again until next thurday," she muttered. "Ok, ok, first things first." She dashed behind a counter and in seconds had boxed up the cookies for the blue pegasus. "Box of cookies, no problem, next."

She dashed over to Flourish. "Hey, don't worry about it," she said, comforting the crying mare, "you were right, I wasn't being very nice, but I apologized and everything's A-OK now, see." She grinned. "So do you still want that cake, I'd love to try to make it for you." Her ear perked up. "Uh, just a second."

She turned to Timid and leapt right into his personal space. "Did you just say 'omelet cookie'? I've never even heard of such a thing, tell me how to make it! Uh, that is, if it's not a secret."

Timid laughed and smiled a huge smile for Pinkie Pie. He replied with a bounce, "Omelets are my favorite food that my mom made for me to cheer me up after a failure. I don't know how it can be made into a cookie though. I believe you can make one without any problems!". Pinkie's happiness was infectious and it finally got to Timid as he hugged Pinkie and said, "Thanks for the cookie!".

Muffin was happy to see that Pinkie had got the young colt to smile, not being able to help but smile himself as he saw him hugging the pink pony. "Well bless her little heart!" he exclaimed to Timid. "That Pinkie sure is one friendly mare, don'tcha think?" Muffin said, smiling at the young colt as he finished up his cookie. But even with Pinkie's intervention, Muffin still couldn't get that sad look on Timid's face out of his head, he was curious as to what might be troubling the colt. "I don't mean to intrude or nuthin, lil' fella, but I noticed ya seem a bit down before. Is there somethin' that's botherin' ya?" the earth pony inquired, not being one to go without showing some concern for a little foal like this. He got the feeling that Timid wasn't a native of Ponyville either, which made him wonder just where the young colt's parents were.

Sweet Surprise let go of Pinkie from her boa constrictor like hug. She didn't want to cause the pink pony to pass out.

"Ok then. I'll get the details and see what Apple Bloom is looking for..."

Before she could get a confirmation, Pinkie was whirling around the store like a tornado giving things to some ponies while comforting others. Sweet wondered why a bakery shop of all places was cause to make ponies cry. Maybe it was the cakes that reminded ponies of happier times. One thing was certain, her candy shop was nowhere near as chaotic.

"Hi there Apple Bloom. I'm Sweet Surprise, Pinkie's party planner in training. I like your accent, and your bow. Oooo! Maybe I can when I get back to Canterlot I can make something chocolatey in the shape of a bow..."

Sweet paused, realizing she was wavering from the task.

"Anyway, you said that you're planning a party for your grandmother, right? That's really nice. So, what are looking to do? Does your grandmother like certain food? How about colors: Purple, pink, chartruse, plaid?"

Shooting Star laughed as the whirlwind of pink dashed around the store. She was knocked back when the earth pony thrust a box of cookies into her hooves, nearly sending her crashing to the floor, but she managed to flap her wings quickly to remain upright. Wincing slightly she threw a few bits on the counter, rubbed her chest where the cookie box had struck and stuck the box of cookies into her saddlebags. "Thanks!" she exclaimed happily

She turned to leave and noticed the green earth pony talking to the young colt unicorn she had nearly walked into earlier. Overhearing a little of the conversation and never wanting to leave a sad pony without at least trying to cheer them up, she trotted over and with a smile asked "How are you fine stallions doing? I'm Shooting Star by the way, i've never really stopped to talk to anyone here in Ponyville so...Hi!" she stuck out a hoof and gave the colt a big grin, hoping she could help the green stallion cheer him up

The things that had happened in Sugarcube corner just then was chaotic. In fact, chaotic is an under statement. Out of nowhere a pony shot out the door, and gave Flourish a cookie. "A cookie? That's kind of odd." She slowly took a small bite. "I don't understand why-" Before she could finish, she was struck by the taste of the sweet cookie. It made her literally get up, and start hopping around. She ran home as fast as she could. With some sort of plan.

Pinkie sure had faith in this pony in terms of party planning and if there was anything you could trust in this big world, it was Pinkie's faith in partying and all related materials. Why, Apple Bloom found the concept of a party in Equestria not being planned or otherwise touched by Pinkie to be quite ridiculous. Silly, even, but not as silly as Pinkie, which made the entire thing somewhat of a headache to think about. Sweet Surprise released Pinkie from what Apple Bloom could equate to a death grip, approaching the little Earth filly with enthusiasm to match the famous party planner.

"Hi there Apple Bloom. I'm Sweet Surprise, Pinkie's party planner in training. I like your accent, and your bow. Oooo! Maybe I can when I get back to Canterlot I can make something chocolatey in the shape of a bow..."

Apple Bloom smiled, eyes closing as she did so for extra effect. She did love her bow, always wore one every single day, she did. She'd been told she was rather adorable with one and felt it was the right phrasing, and the thought of a chocolate bow was a pretty tasty one. Could she wear one? Nah, it'd melt. But maybe during winter.

"Anyway, you said that you're planning a party for your grandmother, right? That's really nice. So, what are looking to do? Does your grandmother like certain food? How about colors: Purple, pink, chartruse, plaid?"

"What the hay's chartruse? Ah ain't never heard of a color called chartruse before, and ah've heard of plenty o' colors, like red and green and yellow and such but never before have ah heard chartruse before," Apple Bloom said with a giggle, thinkin' that this pony was probably from out of town or something similar. She was sure nopony around here would say chartruse.

"As for food, well, we run an apple orchard so we all love all 'em apples. Granny Smith's favorite apples are Granny Smiths, who woulda thunk it? I mean, it ain't like Big Mac like's em Big Macintosh apples th' best, and Applejack doesn't drink any Applejack!" Apple Bloom said in a stream of consciousness fashion, lightly tapping her chin.

Timid looked up at the earth pony and replied to his questions, "Yeah, she sure is! She scared me a little at first but I think that was just me being nervous. Well, I was just trying to roast marshmallows with magic and instead of the marshmallow cooking properly, it exploded and made a huge mess. Plus, my parents live in the Islands and they sent me to Canterlot because they saw that I had magical potential. So it's difficult being so far away from them.". He frowned a little when he mentioned his parents and home.

Turning to the pony that had bumped into him earlier, he gave a smile and replied, "A pleasure to meet you Shooting Star, my name is Timid Star and I am doing fine now. I'm not from Ponyville either, I am currently a resident of Canterlot while I study to improve my grasp of magical concepts.".

Pinkie pondered the possibility of a breakfast cookie. "Well, there's already egg in most cookie recipes, but I dunno how well most of the veggies that go into omelettes would work in an actual cookie. I suppose if you caramelized the onions it might work with the right sort of cookie. Maybe an oatmeal cookie, to keep with the breakfast theme. Tomatoes and peppers though... yeah, I don't that would work in any normal cookie."

Suddenly her eyes lit up. "Oh oh oh! Of course! I can try it the other way around, an omelette with cookie-type things in it, then split it up into cookie-sized portions. I mean, it technically would be a cookie since it wouldn't be baked, but if it tastes good who cares. It shouldn't even take that long to make since it wouldn't have to bake. Ooh, and I bet it would go great with some chimicherrychangas!"

While thinking, she perked an ear up to listen in on Sweet and Apple Bloom's conversation. At the mention of chartreuse, she poked her head in. "Oh, I think we have a bottle of that somewhere." She dashed out of the room and returned with a bottle of chartreuse liquid. "This is chartreuse. Chartreuse is chartreuse, but it's not called chartreuse because it's chartreuse, in fact, the color chartreuse is called chartreuse after the chartreuse liqour chartreuse. Chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse!" She giggled. "Isn't it a fun word to say?"

Muffin gave a smile to the blue pegasus as he replied. "Name's Muffin Top, nice to meetcha, m'am!" the earth pony said as his attention turned back to Timid, who finally seemed to be opening up a bit. "Oh, so yer from Canterlot, huh? And yer studyin' magic? Well that sounds right grand now, don't it?" he said, turning to Shooting Star and giving her a friendly nudge with his knee. "Never seen much magic myself growin' up on the farm, but it sure does seem interestin! Er... but wait..." Muffin stopped himself as if he'd just realized something important. "You said yer from Canterlot? Well that's pretty far from here lil' fella, you didn't come all the way here on your own, didja?" Muffin asked, almost seeming a bit worried for the colt.

(OOC: Actually tha chartruse was inspired by the chimmycherry or cherrychonga quote).

When Sweet Surprise mentioned chartruse, Apple Bloom gave her a look like she had lobsters hanging from her ears.

Before she could explain, Apple Bloom started out explainingabout how her grandmother wanted an apple cake, spesifically Granny Smiths. Then she began mentioning other apple named family members. She wondered how many actually did live on her farm.

Then Pinkie, ovehearing the conversation brought out a bottle of charturse liquid while commenting on how funny the name was.

"Huh... I never knew that chartruse was a liquid. I just knew chartruse was a color. Personally I like the color perriwinkle. It has such a cute name! Perriwinkle, perriwinkle, perriwinkle."

Sweet then giggled at the name, but then tried maintaining her composure while helping Apple Bloom.

"Anyway, you said your grandmother likes Granny Smiths. Ok. How about icing? I know cakes are sweeter with icing. Does she want a certain kind or color? How about decorations? Does she like chocolates? I'm a pretty good chocolate making pony you know. How about games or entertainment? Really I need anything you can give me about what would make her birthday the best possible!"