(Ponyville) Sweet Meets Pinkie (ATTN: Pinkie Pie!)(Closed)

Tempest Rime

"My friends call me Star, but that might get a little confusing now that i think about it" Shooting Star grinned at Muffin Top and Timid Star "Canterlot you say? Wow that is quite far to come all alone, i hate coming here alone even just from Cloudsdale" she said, sounding impressed "I used to hardly ever leave Cloudsdale, although that might have been 'cos of my not so great flying" Star muttered, looking a little embarrassed.

Taking Muffin Top's hint and quickly wanting to change the subject, she rapidly asked "So Timid Star, what sort of magic do you study? I'd love to see some, if you don't mind, nopony ever does magic back home, although that's probably because we're all usually pegasi and can't, but still, seeing some would be awesome, that is if you want to show us"

"Slow down Star, you just met them. Everypony always complain you talk too quickly and they've normally known you for years" a little voice in the back of the blue pegasus' head said. Blushing slightly, Shooting Star smiled at Timid, wondering to herself what awesome magic the colt could do

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

"Oh, I think we have a bottle of that somewhere. This is chartreuse. Chartreuse is chartreuse, but it's not called chartreuse because it's chartreuse, in fact, the color chartreuse is called chartreuse after the chartreuse liqour chartreuse. Chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse! Isn't it a fun word to say?"

Apple Bloom's head couldn't keep up with the speed of Pinkie's speech, like a speeding train chargin' down a tunnel and then smacking into her head continiously. She was pretty sure chartreuse was made up, if only because Pinkie seemed so happy to be saying the word. Or maybe she just had no reason to say it normally and finally had the excuse to say it? She didn't give it much thought as she followed the liquid.

"Hay, what's that a bottle of, Pinkie? Can ah have some? Ah'm mighty thirsty," The recently parched filly asked of the older mare before turning her attention to

"Huh... I never knew that chartruse was a liquid. I just knew chartruse was a color. Personally I like the color perriwinkle. It has such a cute name! Perriwinkle, perriwinkle, perriwinkle."

Yeah, Apple Bloom could see why Pinkie picked her.

"Anyway, you said your grandmother likes Granny Smiths. Ok. How about icing? I know cakes are sweeter with icing. Does she want a certain kind or color? How about decorations? Does she like chocolates? I'm a pretty good chocolate making pony you know. How about games or entertainment? Really I need anything you can give me about what would make her birthday the best possible!"

Apple Bloom brought her hoof to her chin, lost in thought and then still doing so as she started to speak.

"Hmm, well, she ain't too picky on color, but red or green's 'er favorite, though I can't say which one for sure. She loves chocolates, but her teeth ain't so strong anymore, so we can't normally have her eat some of 'ur favorite cakes on account of us placing fried apples on 'em as toppings, so we can have chocolates and frostin' but its best we make it fresh on th day so as ta make sure it don't get all hard. And she likes all sorts of stuff, open to anythin' really, but we gotta make sure to keep it safe- she's old as all get out and her hip ain't all good, ah swear sometimes ah can hear it so ah don't think anythin' too exciting is in order, ah reckon," She said, finishing her thoughts on her flank, chin still being tapped upon by hoof.

Pinkie pondered the possibility of a breakfast cookie. "Well, there's already egg in most cookie recipes, but I dunno how well most of the veggies that go into omelettes would work in an actual cookie. I suppose if you caramelized the onions it might work with the right sort of cookie. Maybe an oatmeal cookie, to keep with the breakfast theme. Tomatoes and peppers though... yeah, I don't that would work in any normal cookie."

Suddenly her eyes lit up. "Oh oh oh! Of course! I can try it the other way around, an omelette with cookie-type things in it, then split it up into cookie-sized portions. I mean, it technically would be a cookie since it wouldn't be baked, but if it tastes good who cares. It shouldn't even take that long to make since it wouldn't have to bake. Ooh, and I bet it would go great with some chimicherrychangas!"

While thinking, she perked an ear up to listen in on Sweet and Apple Bloom's conversation. At the mention of chartreuse, she poked her head in. "Oh, I think we have a bottle of that somewhere." She dashed out of the room and returned with a bottle of chartreuse liquid. "This is chartreuse. Chartreuse is chartreuse, but it's not called chartreuse because it's chartreuse, in fact, the color chartreuse is called chartreuse after the chartreuse liqour chartreuse. Chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse chartreuse!" She giggled. "Isn't it a fun word to say?"

Timid Star could barely keep up with what Pinkie Pie was saying. He sat there, ruffling his mane with a hoof as he said, "Uh, sure.... That sounds like a plan.". He giggled with her as she kept repeating chartreuse and replied, "Yes it is a fun word to say!". He felt like his day had turned around and could only get better from now on with Pinkie Pie's help.

Muffin gave a smile to the blue pegasus as he replied. "Name's Muffin Top, nice to meetcha, m'am!" the earth pony said as his attention turned back to Timid, who finally seemed to be opening up a bit. "Oh, so yer from Canterlot, huh? And yer studyin' magic? Well that sounds right grand now, don't it?" he said, turning to Shooting Star and giving her a friendly nudge with his knee. "Never seen much magic myself growin' up on the farm, but it sure does seem interestin! Er... but wait..." Muffin stopped himself as if he'd just realized something important. "You said yer from Canterlot? Well that's pretty far from here lil' fella, you didn't come all the way here on your own, didja?" Muffin asked, almost seeming a bit worried for the colt.

Timid now looked back to Muffin Top and replied with a smile, "Yes, I am from Canterlot and I did come all the way here on my own. I took the train, and studying magic is a lot of fun! My parents still live in the Gallopacus Islands, they sent me to Canterlot because I was the only blank flank on the island and it affected me emotionally. They figured it would be in my best interest for me to go there, recognizing that I had potential.". Noticing the stallion's worried look, he added, "I may be small, but I can defend myself with my magic quite well.".

"My friends call me Star, but that might get a little confusing now that i think about it" Shooting Star grinned at Muffin Top and Timid Star "Canterlot you say? Wow that is quite far to come all alone, i hate coming here alone even just from Cloudsdale" she said, sounding impressed "I used to hardly ever leave Cloudsdale, although that might have been 'cos of my not so great flying" Star muttered, looking a little embarrassed.

Taking Muffin Top's hint and quickly wanting to change the subject, she rapidly asked "So Timid Star, what sort of magic do you study? I'd love to see some, if you don't mind, nopony ever does magic back home, although that's probably because we're all usually pegasi and can't, but still, seeing some would be awesome, that is if you want to show us"

"Slow down Star, you just met them. Everypony always complain you talk too quickly and they've normally known you for years" a little voice in the back of the blue pegasus' head said. Blushing slightly, Shooting Star smiled at Timid, wondering to herself what awesome magic the colt could do

Turning towards Shooting Star, he replied with another big smile and replied with a bounce, "A pleasure to meet you too!". He nodded with understanding as she explained her reason for hardly leaving Cloudsdale, remembering those days he had shut himself in his room with a book and refusing to come out, ashamed of his blank flank. When she asked what magic he studied, he replied with a laugh, "I study everything! Because like my father says, 'Knowledge is power and also, knowing is half the battle.'.". When asked if he would perform some magic, Timid shivered and suddenly became nervous. "What if it backfires? I don't think I can take two big failures in one day!", he thought to himself as he looked at Pinkie Pie, and all the other ponies in the shop. Glancing down at his medallion, he calmed himself and said, "I guess I can try! Give me a moment to collect myself.".

Taking a deep breath, he focused his mind and his horn glowed a metallic gold color as he lifted a pull string party favor and brought it over to himself. He smiled at his success and said, "I am not done yet! Keep watching!". He then pulled the string with his magic and confetti flew everywhere. He released the party favor, the metallic gold aura around it dissipating as his horn stopped glowing. "How was that? I would have done something else but I didn't want to cause damage, because sometimes when I try to use my magic, it backfires and stuff gets damaged...", he said as he looked at them, eyes gleaming with excitement at his success.

Pinkie giggled at Sweet's comments. "Oh yeah, I didn't even think of periwinkle, that's a great one! There's a lot of great colors: chartreuse, periwinkle, turquoise, russet, cerulean, sepia, fuchsia, vermilion, mauve, aquamarine, magenta, and of course PINKIE!" As she got to her name, she stood on her hind legs and waved her forelegs in the air, sending a small blast of confetti out and blowing a party horn.

She turned back to Apple Bloom. "Are you kidding? Applejack would KILL me!" She ducked out of the room to return the bottle to the Cakes' liquor cabinet. Upon returning, she bore a tray with a glass for everypony. "You can have some of this, though. The perfect thing to wash down those cookies, some cool, refreshing milk! Enough for everypony." She set the tray down on a counter and bounced back behind the counter. The ponies seemed content to socialize, which was fine with her, but she did need to keep the place open, and there was no telling when the smells of all the wonderful treats would inspire them to make a purchase.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Sweet is back now!)

Sweet listened to Apple Bloom explain what Granny Smith wanted for her party. There were a few details, but not too many. She was worried her first party was going to be extremely detailed.

She was about to talk to Apple Bloom when Pinkie started saying other color named before somehow producing a horn and confetti. Sweet wished she could produce random object seemingly out of nowhere. "Oh I love all those colors. I try when I can to have different colors in my candies, although it's kind of hard. I don't think a pony would like a ceurealine chocolate or a tangerine toffee."

"Ok then. No particular color, nothing hard or chewy, no special decorations or entertainment," Sweet said to Apple Bloom as a way to commit it to memory as well as to ensure the filly that she was listening, something tricky to do considering the conversations going on. "Is there anything else you'd like to make the party super special?"

"Say, that's a good idea." Muffin said nodding in agreement Shooting Star's suggestion. "I don't really see much magic either, so I'd love to see some up close. Doesn't have to be anythin' too fancy though." he said in an encouraging tone to the young colt, happy to see that he seemed a bit more confident now. Muffin then watched along with Shooting Star as Timid began to work his magic, lifting a party popper with his magical energy and levitating it over to himself. "Well I'll be, that sure is somethin!" the earth pony said, legitimately impressed by the very basic magic that as being shown before him. He continued to watch, however, when Timid said that there was more. The country pony had never seen a party popper before, so he wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Because of this, when the party popper did go off, Muffin jumped into the air, thoroughly startled by the foreign object. After his initial shock passed, however, his usual smile came back to his face.

"Well suprise, surprise, surprise! That was amazin', Timid!" Muffin said as he trotted up to the young colt. "Did you make all those colorful bits of paper appear too?" he asked while peaking one eye into the now-empty party popper, still not quite grasping the nature of the object.

Shooting Star beamed as the party popper went off, dashed forward and gave Timid a hug "Thanks Timid, that was really cool!" she exclaimed. "I wish i could do magic like that, it would be awesome! Guess i'll just have to be happy with being able to fly" she said with a grin and a wink. Star noticed the pink pony putting out a tray of milk. "I'll grab those for us, be right back!" she said to Timid and Muffin Top

With that Shooting Star extended her wings and hovered over to the counter. Balancing three glasses of milk between her front hooves, somewhat precariously, she looked down at the pony she'd heard the others call "Pinkie" "Thanks! Oh my names Shooting Star, thanks for letting us sort of just hang around in here, its really nice of you" she said to the pink earth pony with a big smile

"Are you kidding? Applejack would KILL me!" Pinkie said right before she ducked out of the room, her insistence forcing Apple Bloom's hoof to her chin in thought.

What the heck was it?! Why, if Applejack would be so against Apple Bloom drinking it, that only made Apple Bloom all the more curious as to what it was! She started to wonder how she could best use the Cutie Mark Crusaders in such an endeavor and how a chartreuse cutie mark would look when Pinkie returned with refreshments.

"You can have some of this, though. The perfect thing to wash down those cookies, some cool, refreshing milk! Enough for everypony."

Apple Bloom smiled wide as she took her cup and sucked it down as assuredly as if she were a vacuum, the cold and refreshing milk forcing down any vestige of crown. It was awfully good milk- of course a bakery would have great milk!

"Thanks, Pinkie!" Apple Bloom said right before she let out a burp and turned to Sweets, licking her lips free of milk.

"Is there anything else you'd like to make the party super special?"

Apple Bloom's hoof returned to chin for a second as she gave it though. Sadly, no inspiration hit her- and her ears dropped.

"Ah...ah just don't know, Sweets. All 'f mah ideas involve just ta much runnin' and jumpin' and all sorts of stuff like that, an' she's mighty old, like really old, super old! She jus' can't do any 'f that and ah just don't know wha' ta do," Apple Bloom whispered in an increasingly desperate tone, both saddened and annoyed by her lack of stunning ideas.

Timid smiled as Muffin sounded legitimately amazed at his performance, the memory of the day's previous failure fading to the background in his mind. He replied with a large smile, "Thank you Muffin, that is the first spell I mastered. Having a dog makes practicing levitation less like hard work and more of a fun activity.". He gave Muffin a confused look as he asked if he had made the confetti materialize out of thin air when the popper went off before replying with a giggle, "No, I didn't make the confetti appear with magic. They are packed inside the popper and are released when the string is pulled.". He was brimming with confidence now and he gave a huge hug to Muffin.

Suddenly, Timid was on the receiving end of a hug himself from Shooting Star. He raised his hooves and returned the embrace with a huge friendly smile and his eyes twinkling with absolute joy. "It was nothing really but I can see why you would think it's cool!", he said modestly as she said with a wink and a grin that she wished could do magic like what he had done and how awesome it would be. He blushed a little at that comment but kept on smiling. "You already have magic! You can walk on clouds and have control of the weather, or at least that is what my teacher told me....". He watched as she hovered over to the counter and grabbed 3 glasses of milk off of Pinkie's tray and smiled, he was a little thirsty after eating that cookie. Noticing one of the glasses about to fall out of her hands, he sprung into action and quickly focused and levitated the glass before it could tip over and spill the milk. He gave a sigh of relief as he brought the glass over to himself and into his outstretched hoof. "Whew, I didn't think I'd be able to grab it and lift it in time! Thank you Pinkie for the milk!", he said excitedly as he stood there with the glass in his hoof.

Everypony seemed to be getting along well, no more tears or anger. Pinkie regarded the room, beaming with satisfaction. Another unhappy situation had been completely overcome by the power of laughter. "Okie dokie loki, well if anypony needs anything else, let me know," she said to the room at large before moving back to hover behind Sweet, listening in on her conversation with Apple Bloom.

She mused at Sweet's comments on candy coloration. "Hmm, we don't really have that problem with cakes. Frosting can be pretty much any color you can imagine, and even the cake part itself isn't too hard to manupulate." At Apple Bloom's mention of activities that didn't involve too much moving around, she nodded sagely. She of course had plenty of ideas, but this was Sweet's opportunity, she'd wait and see what the candy mare came up with.

Sweet saw that Apple Bloom had exhausted her ideas. It seemed that there was a part of the filly that wished that Granny Smith was more mobile to play the games she was interested in. So there was the trick: how to make a fun party that both Apple Bloom was happy to plan but that was also good for Granny Smith.

"Ok. I think that if your grandmother likes apples, especially granny smiths, we can have an apple sauce cake. There's such a thing, right Pinkie Pie?" Sweet wasn't sure about that as baking pastries wasn't her forte, but making chocolates was.

"Other things can be chocolated dipped apples. Mr. Cocoa has a chocolate fountain where ponies can dip apple pieces into the fountain. For color, apples are red, gold, and green. So I think the colors could be that. Of course we need music, maybe something that Granny Smith would like. But what else?"

Sweet Surprise put a hoof to her chin, thinking about something that would be neat. As she thought she noticed a picture of two older earth ponies that she guessed owned Sugarcube Corner. That gave her an idea.

"Hey Apple Bloom! Does Granny Smith have pictures of herself, like when she was around your age and doing things like going on vacation, working at the farm, things like that? Wouldn't it be neat to not only celebrate her birthday, but to look back at all the things she did in her life?"

Muffin was taken by surprise as Timid hugged him, it had been the first time he'd been hugged by anyone other than his own mother, and the fact that it was a young colt hugging him made him feel a bit awkward. "Aw schucks lil fella, it's no big deal." Muffin said, smiling nervously, although this soon changed to a genuine smile when he notice Shooting Star giving Timid a hug as well. He then watched as shooting star went off to get some milk for the three of them

"So you said you had a dog?" Muffin said, trying to strike up conversation again with Timid. "Hope the lil' guy isn't feelin' too lonely back in Canterlot without ya. I always wanted a dog myself, but Ma said no, said I had too much work to do around the farm to be worryin' but a dog." he said with a sigh before noticing Shooting Star coming back with three glasses of milk. "Oh, thanks Shootin' Star!" Muffin said as he took a glass in both hooves setting it on a nearby table as he began sipping from it. "Golly, that Miss Pinkie sure is bein' generous to us all. I s'pose I should probably think of buyin' somethin' to repay her kindness…" Muffin said, looking around at the various sweets on display in the shop.

A slightly panicked Shooting Star gave a small sigh of relief as the glass she had dropped was suddenly enveloped in a golden glow and stopped inches from the floor. She glanced over at Timid as his horn glowed and he levitated the glass to himself "Good job Star, mess up the shop of the nice pony giving you free stuff" she chided herself in her head, glad that embarrassment had been averted by Timid Star's quick reaction. She handed a glass to Muffin Top, sipped from her own, then remarked "Again with the magic Timid? Your quite an impressive young unicorn, you must study very hard"

She voiced her agreement at Muffin's comment about how generous Pinkie was being to them all. Hearing that conversation had switched to be about Timid's pet, she added "I'd like a pet one day" ​with a wistful look off into the distance. A sudden idea struck her about how she could buy more of Pinkie's delicious treats, without seeming really greedy and buying loads for herself. Opening her saddlebag on the floor, she took out the box of cookies she had bought earlier and offered one to Timid and Muffin. "Feel free to have some of these, i can always buy more and it's much better to share tasty things with friends anyway" Star proclaimed, with a beaming smile at her new found friends

"Ok. I think that if your grandmother likes apples, especially granny smiths, we can have an apple sauce cake. There's such a thing, right Pinkie Pie?"

Sweet didn't even need to ask Pinkie that one, as Apple Bloom had been around baked goods long enough to know the answer. It was a mite tricky, but it could be done. Of course, the only pony she knew of that could do it was Applejack and anypony else doing it made her a little uncertain. But maybe Sweet could do it She seemed like a mighty nice pony and she would at least give it her best shot and that was often all one could ask for from somepony else.

"Other things can be chocolate dipped apples. Mr. Cocoa has a chocolate fountain where ponies can dip apple pieces into the fountain. For color, apples are red, gold, and green. So I think the colors could be that. Of course we need music, maybe something that Granny Smith would like. But what else?"

Chocolate fountains sounded almost too good t be true, as if a dream come true was not only really coming true but was delicious and everypony else would love it too. Dipping delicious, nutritious apples into a fountain of chcolate? That was absolutely awesome!

"A chocolate fountain we ca' dip applies inta?! Ah want one! Yeah, chocolate dip'd apples sound jus' dandy! Could you put a chocolate fountain on'r farm?! That would be tha greatest present ever!" Apple Bloom squeaked with pure joy, her mindset swimming in the chocolate she hoped would soon pour forth from the fountain in her orchard.

"Hey Apple Bloom! Does Granny Smith have pictures of herself, like when she was around your age and doing things like going on vacation, working at the farm, things like that? Wouldn't it be neat to not only celebrate her birthday, but to look back at all the things she did in her life?"

Sweet was just full of grand ideas, wasn't she? While they weren't as incredibly exciting as any idea Pinkie would come up with, they were probably a bit more practical. She knew that Granny had all sorts of pictures of her in her younger years all the way through to the present, meaning it would be easy enough to have a collage of her life. Apple Bloom reared up in excitement.

"Hey! That's 'nother great idea! She has lots of pictures from all across 'er life! Why, you're just full o' the best ideas ever!"

• 2 weeks later...

Timid sipped his milk and replied to Muffin, "He came with me, he's very protective of me. I hardly ever leave home without him!". Listening to Muffin speak of his mother not allowing him to have a dog, he felt sympathy for him, it seemed that life on a rock farm was a hard life. "Maybe I should buy something too... She did make me feel a lot better!", he said in response to Muffin's statement about Pinkie Pie's generosity.

"Yes, I'd rather not see a big mess happen if I can help it! You are correct, I work myself to the bone on my magic!", he replied to Shooting Star as he drained the rest of his milk, making a satisfied sound as he finished the glass. "I hope you can get a pet too! Boney is always great to have around! He's very friendly and helpful!", he replied with a friendly smile as he heard a familiar bark and felt a furry paw touch him. "I must respectfully decline the offer of the cookies, because I am going to be ordering cookie omelettes!", he said with a huge smile and bounded towards Pinkie Pie with his dog following close behind. "I'd like to buy some cookie omelettes, Pinkie! FOR EVERYONE!", he exclaimed to Pinkie Pie as he levitated another party favor and popped it.

Pinkie nodded at Sweet's suggestion for applesauce cake. "Sister, if you can think it up, Pinkie Pie can make it. Uh, with Mr. and Mrs. Cake's help, at least. That's more Applejack's speciality though, and since it's her granny, she'd probably be a better bet for it." She looked to Apple Bloom. "Have you talked to her 'bout the party any? I bet she'd want to make the cake herself, doesn't she usually?" Pinkie stepped back. "Oops, I'm getting too into it, sorry Sweet, it's your project. I just happen to know a lot about the ponies in question 'cause they're my friends. It's your project, I'm just here to help."

She smiled and continued to watch as Sweet made progress. She clearly knew a decent amount about planning, or at least was able to figure it out quick. Pinkie smiled and nodded sagely as Sweet questioned Apple Bloom. She glanced over at Muffin and winked at him as she noticed him looking at the inventory, an irrepressible smile on her face.

But then, Timid ordered the confections they'd been talking about. "Ooh! You're on! Though I can't guarantee they'll turn out perfect the first time, this is gonna be highly experimental." She snapped a pair of goggles over her eyes, giving a manic grin to the ponies. "I'll be back in a jiffy," she said, before bolting into the kitchen.

So far so good. Apple Bloom liked everything Sweet was offering, and the chocolate pony was pleased that they took care of the fact that Granny Smith couldn't do many games.

When apple Bloom mentioned the cake, Pinkie jumped in with her being able to make it but quickly backed off. "Ah don't worry Pinkie. You're just as excited as baking cakes as I am with making candies. And anypony can bake, except me of course because I can't bake any pastries."

Sweet listened to Apple Bloom as she mentioned the other things. "Well, I don't know about having a chocolate fountain permanantly in your house, but for the party at least. And I'm glad that you liked the idea for the pictures. Can you think of anything else that Granny Smith would like?"

wyZ0G.png

Having just gotten back from running some errands, his saddlebags full of various foods and cooking ingredients, Carrot Cake was quite surprised as he stepped through the doors of the Sugar Cube Corner to see that the place was filled with several ponies. "O-Oh my…" he said to himself, both happy with the fact that so many customers but also a bit frusterated that Pinkie was nowhere in sight. "Uh, excuse me, has anypony here know where I can find Pinkie Pie?" Carrot asked and was met by a reply from Muffin Top. "I think I saw her go back through those doors over there." Muffin pointed his hoof in the direction of the double wing doors that lead to the kitchen before turning back to Timid. "You're buyin' cookie omelettes for everypony? Well that's awfully generous of ya, timid but are ya sure ya'll be able to pay for it?" Muffin said, sounding a bit concerned.

"Pinkie, what're you doing back here?" Mr. Cake said, as he entered the kitchen and set his saddlebags down next to the doorway. "We've got a swarm of customers out there!" he said as he looked back out over the doors at all the ponies. "Where did all these ponies come from anyway? I've never even seen most of them before."

"Am i the only one a 'lil scared of anything Pinkie terms "experimental"?" Star asked, giving a slight shudder as the pink earth pony bounded into the kitchen, snapping goggles into place as she went. "What a generous offer Timid, i'll have to repay you somehow" Shooting Star beamed at the young unicorn, putting her own cookies back in her saddlebags.

Suddenly a tall, amber stallion walked in. He seemed confused at all the activity inside the store, and trotted into the back to locate Pinkie Pie. As Muffin was asking Timid if he could afford all these cookies, Star interjected "Well if they're too expensive i'm more than happy to help hoof the bill, i'd feel bad you having to pay for it all" Noticing Timid's dog following him she asked, with a hopeful smile at the gold unicorn "Oh, what a cute dog! Do you mind if i pet him?"

Apple Bloom's ears dropped along with her eyes as she listened to Pinkie. She couldn't be angry or even upset at Pinkie Pie, seeing as her energy was infectious and her smile the same. Plus, how was she to know that the filly wanted to do something without having Applejack stick her far too capable hooves into it? Apple Bloom looked up at both sweet-makers and sighed.

"Applejack's already bakin' 'er own cake. Ah'm always 'er lil' helper an' that's fine an' all but ah wanna do somethin' ta help out this time. Ah know she's tha best but ah'm just thinkin' that if we combine all 're noggins, we can come up wit' somethin' she could never ever think of!" Apple Bloom said with an air of excitement rebounding past her previous and brief foray into sadness. She trotted past the two in place as Mr. Cake came in- too deep in thought was she to do more than vaguely acknowledge him. She shook her head.

"So, we gotta get ourselves an'applesauce cake, a choc'ate fountain, an' ah hafta get all of 'er good pictures. What else is thar? An' how much is this gonna cost?" She said, starting to become acutely aware that her small allowance was likely not going to cover all of this. Or half of it. Or even a part of it! She wasn't looking where she was going and as the filly continued her concerned and worried trot straight into a counter, falling down on her flank as the counter refused to yield to her less than impressive movements. Moments later, the waiting bell fell off of the counter directly onto her head- DING!- before it fell on the floor- DING!

Her eyes swam for a second before she shook her head vengefully and banished the swimming eyes, which were replaced by the normal and embarrassed pair. She stood up and gave a chuckle.

"Naw go and look at that, ah'm workin' mahself up over nothin'!"

• 2 weeks later...

Timid gave a slightly nervous smile as Pinkie put on goggles and said that these were going to be "experimental" and may not come out right in the first batch. "It's fine! I know you can do it!", he shouted after her as she gave a manic grin and rushed into the kitchen. He was excited and couldn't stop thinking about what they would look like when they were done. Visions of omelets piled high with chocalate, peanut butter, and other sweet treats danced around in his little head, causing him to giggle and smile brightly.

His little daydream was shattered by the entrance of who was more than likely the Mr. Cake that Pinkie Pie had mentioned to Applebloom and Sweet Surprise. He asked where Pinkie Pie was and had his question answered by Muffin Top with a point of a hoof for added emphasis. Muffin turned back around to face him again and voiced a concern about his ability to pay for his ordered cookies to which Timid replied with his smile undiminished, "I know I've got enough! It's only 6 or 7 omelets I'm buying, not the whole store!" He then checked his bit pouch, which responded with a fairly healthy jingle of coins and he smiled at the generosity of his parents. They sent him enough bits to keep him well fed and reasonably dressed for Canterlot while he studied magic away from his home island.

Shooting Star commented on her fear of what Pinkie termed "experimental and asked if anypony else was afraid as well. Timid responded with a chuckle, "I'm not afraid. I'm excited to see what they'll look like when they're done! They can't come out any worse than exploded marshmallow!" He was srtill smiling as she said she'd have to repay him for the omelet somehow and put her cookies away. At her interjection and offer to help hoof the bill for the cookies and that she'd feel bad if he had to pay it all, he replied with a friendly smile, "Thank you for the offer to help, Shooting Star! I won't forget this!" At her inquiry about petting his dog and stating how cute Boney was, he bounced and answered gaily, "Sure you can pet Boney! He's quite friendly, as long as you don't try anything that looks like it's hurting me. He's been my guardian since I was old enough to speak full sentences." He really cared for his dog and it showed, his eyes had lit up as if it was Hearth's Warming Day and it was time to open gifts.

He then noticed the little red haired, blank flank filly run into the counter and the bell hit her on the head! Trotting over to her, he saw her shake it off after a moment of swirling eyed confusion and she looked a little embarrassed. Hearing her chuckle as she stood back up, he said with a friendly smile, "Hello! I'm Timid Star! I came down from Canterlot to order something unique that no one else would dare to try!"

"Alrighy then," Sweet said hearing that Apple Bloom had run out of ideas, "I'll go tell Pinkie Pie about the plans for the party and then we'll think about how to do it. Oh, last thing, when do you want the party?"

Sweet almost kicked herself for not asking that sooner. The longer the time between now and the party, the more time the two had to plan. The shorter the time, the more the two had work in a short amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

"I know," said Pinkie, launching into an energetic ramble at maximum speed.

"That's why I'm in here! They were all talking about cookie omelets, so I said I bet I could make those, and then one of them ordered some, so now I'm trying a new experimental recipe, I sweetened the eggs and now I'm making them up into omelets, but with cookie stuff instead of veggies, but then I thought I would have to be careful to keep like chocolate chips from just melting into the eggs and making the whole thing chocolate, so I made sure to add the things closer to the end of the recipe, but not so early that it had hardened, which was kinda hard, but I think I got them mixed in pretty well, and there's cookie crumbles and cinnamon and even though it's not really cookie stuff I thought whipped cream would be great on top, so I pulled that out to put on top, but then I was like hey, if I'm gonna put whipped cream on, then there's gotta be a cherry on top, but then when I got back from getting out the cherries my first omelet had started to burn a little so I had to toss that one, but this next one I'm working on is gonna be fantastic, I guarantee it, oh and yes I think those folks came in together maybe, I dunno, but they are from out of town definitely, well except Apple Bloom, of course, 'cause if they were from here I'd know it, oh, but they didn't come in all together now that I think of it because that brown pony came in looking for me specifically, well not really specifically, but she wanted to find someone who could teach her to throw awesome parties, and everypony knows my parties are the best parties, so I decided to teach her, though first I kinda yelled at her a little because of a misunderstanding, but that got cleared up pretty fast, and then Apple Bloom came in looking for help with Granny Smith's party, so I'm having Sweet manage that with my help so she can learn how to throw parties, though I'd never really thought of it like a teacher before, so I'm not really sure if it's the best way to teach, but I heard that experience is the best teacher, so I thought it would probably be a good way to teach, so she's been working with Apple Bloom, and..."

She finally paused, taking a massive gasp of air. She opened her mouth, but then looked confused. "Um... where was I? Oh well." She added a few ingredients to her work in progress.

• Like 3

Carrot Cake was barely able to keep up with Pinkie Pie past the first few words she had spoken. As soon as he saw that she was donning her goggles, however, he was quickly able to deduce what Pinkie was doing: yet another one of her cooking experiments. Carrot Cake felt as if his stomach just dropped a few stories upon realizing this, he was always nervous when Pinkie experimented like this, often her experiments ended up making huge messes and sometimes even broke appliances. He wasn't able to give this much thought as he was hit by the seemingly endless barrage of words that Pinkie was practically hurling at him. At the end of her long-winded monologue, Carrot Cake looked as if he'd just been hit by a strong gust of wind. He stood there silently for a moment, trying to make some sense of what he'd just heard. "Cookie... omelettes?" Carrot Cake repeated, unsure of what to make of this rather unusual dish that Pinkie had mentioned. Instead he just let out a sigh. "Okay, Pinkie, just be careful and try not to make too big of a mess. I'll be up front, helping the customers." he said leaving the kitchen again through the saloon-style wing doors and going back out into the main area.

Stepping back behind the counter, Carrot Cake surveyed the group of ponies gathered in Sugar Cube Corner before speaking up. "Hello everypony. In case Pinkie hasn't done so, welcome to Sugar Cube Corner, it's always nice to see so many new customers, and you to, Applebloom." he said to the filly with a smile, the only familiar face in this crowd of out-of-towners. "So go ahead and take as much time as you need to look around, I'll be right here if you need me." he finished as he looked over in the direction of Timid's dog Boney, who had gotten the attention of both Muffin Top and Shooting Star. "Aw, he sure is a friendly lil' fella." Muffin Top said as he gave the dog a pat on the head with his hoof, while Carrot Cake regarded the dog with nervous stare. "Uh, excuse me… Does that dog belong to either one of you? Please keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get near the merchandise." he said in a calm-yet serious tone, prompting Muffin to stare back at quizically. "Huh? Oh! Naw, he ain't our dog, this lil' guy belong to Timid Star over there." Muffin said, pointing a hoof over in the direction of the colt as he talked with Applebloom.

"No problem at all, Timid" Shooting Star said with a smile as the little unicorn thanked her. He then bounced off across the room to introduce himself to the earth filly, who seemed to have slightly dazed herself with the shop bell somehow. "Sure if a friendly little pony, isn't he?" she commented to Muffin Top, as she reached out a hoof to pet Boney

The yellow earth pony returned from the back of the shop, and echoing Muffin Top, Star said with a wave of her hoof, "Yeah, he's Timid's, but we'll keep an eye on him, don't worry" With that she went back to happily petting Timid's loyal companion, whilst staring around the shop at the almost chaotic amount of ponies. "Didn't realise all these ponies were here, this sure is a popular shop" she commented to nopony in paticular, while still petting Boney with a grin on her face