HeartBeat [FINAL]

AlisonRose

Name: HeartBeat

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Light Pink

Coat Color: Snow White

Mane: Her mane is teal, short, and ragged. She wears a red bow in the back of her hair so it looks at least a little put together.

Tail: Her tail is also teal but that is about where the similarities stop, her tail is long and very well taken care of and has a hair band at the end to stop it from poofing out.

Markings: She has no visual markings other then her horn which is a spiral with a rounded tip.

Physique: HeartBeat isn't a very strong pony persay but she does have enough muscle to get the job done. She isn't very tall but isn't short either, she prefers to think of herself as 'yet to get her growth spurt.' Her body is very slender and doesn't show the muscles that she has.

Cutie Mark: Her white flank is adorned with a Red Cross Cutie Mark that has a yellow tulip resting just inside of the cross on the right side.

Occupation: HeartBeat is a nurse at Manehatten Hospital, she trained to become a nurse after getting her cutie mark. She wanted to help everypony in need.

Motivation: What keeps HeartBeat going is knowing that her work with sick ponies goes a long way to making them smile and be happy.

Likes: There are many things in this world that HeartBeat likes, several of which she does not know the name of, but the one thing that she does know and likes the most is a smile of a happy, healthy pony.

Dislikes: She dislikes bullies or other ponies who find it fun to pick on somepony just because they are different.

Character Summary:

History- Originally from Stalliongrad she went to Manehatten on a family vacation and loved it so much that she moved there when she was finally old enough to live on her own.

Parents- HeartBeat was born to a Earth Pony Father and a Unicorn Mother, she was born a Unicorn however. She doesn't talk about her parents much but it is said that they like in Stalliongrad and 'make it big' there selling their famous 'Boots for the everyday Pony' they even sell more heavy duty boots for those looking for something a bit 'extra'. HeartBeat often writes letters back to her parents in Stalliongrad telling them how she is doing and sometimes even sending some of her extra Bits to them to help with the store.

Cutie Mark Story- HeartBeat was walking home from school one day as a young filly. She was meandering through the streets of Stalliongrad when she found a bird laying on the ground with what appeared to be a broken wing. She picked the bird up and put it on her back and continued to walk home, once home she took the bird in to her room where she could examine it further. HeartBeat found that the bird's wing was in fact broken so she got a cloth wrap from her parents store materials and wrapped the area where the wing was broken, she had no idea that the bird's owner was watching her outside of her window. After she finished the wrap on the bird's wing she watched as the bird flapped it around a bit, obviously still in pain but now at least able to hop. She put the bird back on her back and walked outside to see a colt standing there with a smile as wide as the sky on his face. The bird jumped off of HeartBeat's back and onto this other ponies back and settled in. He must be the bird's owner she thought to herself.

"Thank you so much for finding my bird and taking care of it! How can I ever repay you?" The colt said still grinning at full strength. HeartBeat had no idea what to say to this, she was just doing what she thought was right, but she knew one thing for sure was that this ponies smile was the greatest thing she had ever seen and the amount of happiness he was outpouring to her was enough to build its own city. She liked this feeling, a lot, and soon enough her cutie mark took its place on her flank. Thus rendering her a blank flank no more.

Flaws- ​HeartBeat never did well with ridicule and still doesn't. Once during school she was corrected by the teacher during a speech and has since refused to give an oral presentation of any kind. She never did well in and Gym classes either, she had enough muscle to get through and do ok, but when it came to actually preforming at the level the teacher wanted there was no way she could compete.

Personality- HeartBeat tries her very best to always be in a good mood no matter what. Even when she is in a bad mood she will put on a smile and act as if nothing is the matter just to try and make other ponies happy. She is a very hard worker and doesn't quit until a job is done, even if that means not sleeping or eating. Rain is about the only thing in the world that gets her down to a point where smiling is almost impossible, she hates when she has to fix her bow as it was a gift from her mother and doesn't want to see it ruined. She takes friendship seriously and never forgets a birthday or anniversary of the people she keeps close to her. She also writes a diary every night since she was able to write and keeps the journals in her apartment in Manehatten.

Attached is a side-view of HeartBeat, I made it using the Pony Creator at Deviant Art.

Also attached is a zoom-in of her Cutie Mark...(warning it is kinda blinding.)

post-2714-0-50719800-1330190636_thumb.pn

post-2714-0-81636400-1330190900_thumb.pn

I'm glad to see we've got another Pony app who hails from Stalliongrad. Hail Comrade! And I do love them pure white Ponies.

Anyway, I'm loving this app so far. There are a few things you could add to make it a bit more comprehensive. First off is her cutie mark story. It's a bit unclear with the red cross thing but perhaps you've got more to add since this is a WIP. She does have a similar cutie mark to Nurse Reidhart, whose cutie mark looks a little bit more detailed. Perhaps you could add something to the cross to make it uniquely her own? Something like adding a flower beside the cross to signify happiness? Something like that I suppose. Next would be the story of her parents running a boot store. This I totally understand since it's always snowing in Stalliongrad and boots could help the Ponies tread thru the snow or keep them warm. Maybe add a bit more info and expand a bit more? Like how they "make it big" there?

I look forward to your app and maybe RP with you in the near future.

Yea I had no idea that Redheart had a red cross until the episode where Dash goes to the hospital. I had designed HeartBeat before then Q.Q But yea I like your idea a lot!

I think I'll have to do some "research" into her parents if you know what I mean. *nudge nudge* Haha, thanks for the comments Comrade!

[uPDATE] Fixed her cutie mark conflict. Added a new picture of her and hew new cutie mark (kinda hard to tell but it is in fact different.) Added a bit more about her parents. Also added a zoom-in of her Cutie Mark for reference.

Hopefully I've fixed some of the things that Xiee brought up. If I still need to change more just let me know! (I'm open to criticism, unlike HeartBeat.)

Greetings,

There is a couple elements that need just a little tweaking before we can give it the final stamps of approval. One is her cutie mark. The mark itself is just fine, but from what I read, she didn't receive the mark until she was a mare (adult). All indications in canon is that ponies receive their mark in the foal or somewhere early in the filly/colt years, so we ask that all apps reflect this. Of course there is many ways she could get her mark so young: Helping a sick relative, friend, animal, even basic volunteer work helping care for the elderly or the like as a filly.

Related to this is how she manage to get the job at the hospital. Did she train for it as a nurse, recommended by friend? Part of this would be solved by an earlier cutie mark story in her life so she would know working in a hospital and caring for patients would be her calling.

What would also help in making her a deeper RP character would be to expand on her personality. Right now we know very little about what kind of pony she is personality wise other than she likes to be cheerful (even this we don't know how easy or difficult it is for her, or if she is just naturally cheerful by default).

You could only slightly adjust the cutie mark story, if you wished - there's extracurricular activities in some places where the students go to hospitals and nursing homes to talk with the sick and old people found there. I would only imagine ponies would have something similar - children going to spend time with those in need. Sometimes it's also done for class projects, such as for health class.

That's an adorable cutie mark story! The one thing I'd mention is that even with a bandaged wing, a bird can't fly till it's healed... rather like Dash had to stay 'off her wings' when she'd hurt herself. But it's a lovely little story and very appropriate, and would need only the tiniest tweak to have the bird hop off her back and across to the colt across the ground, instead of flying. :)