[Canterlot] Blind Date [Semi-Open]

vladspellbinder

Sam frowns some and kept reaching out, and retracting, a hoof. He wanted to help steady her but she was swaying a bit too much he was afraid he might poke her in the side. "I think we should get you to the hospital. You seem to have a very hard time keeping your balance and may have knocked something lose in your inner ear or may even have a mild concussion. I'm not qualified enough to diagnose let alone treat something like that. It's probably nothing but I'd feel better if you got looked over just to be sure. Here, lean on me and we'll be there before you know it." He stands properly again, moving to Stormsong's side so she could use him as a balance point.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Maybe... maybe you're right... just to be safe..." Stormsong conceded after nearly falling on the ground and having to lean against the building again. She closed her eyes and just stood still for a few moments, fighting back the urge to cry about how much the pain made her head feel like it had been cleaved in two. Getting that flute stuck in her throat as a filly hadn't even hurt this much; it'd been scarier, that was for sure, but nowhere near as painful.

Opening her eyes again, the musician saw that Sam had moved next to her and was offering to be a crutch so they could make it to the hospital without her falling over. She smiled at him and gently pushed off from the wall, wrapping her other foreleg around him as she did so to retain her balance. "I'm sorry I've become a burden to you on our first date... I promise, I'm not usually this clumsy."

Sam uses a bit of his magic to help her get steady. He wasn't strong enough to carry her with his telekinesis but it could at least keep her from tipping to the side away from him. He gives her a smile smile, starting slowly down to road towards the hospital. "It's ok Stomrsong, you are obviously distracted by my impressive wit and rugged good looks. It just can't be helped I'm afraid." He tries to joke some, to keep her thoughts off of being down on herself, just how much pain she is in and jsut how bad it could be.

Also he was trying to distract himself some as well, because even if the reason wasn't very good he still had a good looking mare leaning up against him... .

Stormsong limped alongside Sam toward the hospital, her movement still being somewhat impeded because she couldn't have all four of her hooves on the ground. The awkward motion quickly began aggravating her headache, and the musician subconsciously squeezed her foreleg around the other unicorn in time with her throbs of agony. She still smiled at his joke when he told it; she appreciated that he would try to lighten the mood while she was injured and, admittedly, still feeling down about being so clumsy. She chose to respond in only a slightly more serious manner, "Well, you, um... you do have looks going for you... but I'm not too sure about the impressive wit part"

Sam gives a mock flinch at her comment. "You wound me Stormesong. I take great pride in my repartee. Any pony can have looks, but it takes character to, ah, well, have... character. Ok, so I'm not on my game right now. You're distracting me with your beauty and evil, evil mare charms you are."

He pauses a moment to adjust a bit to try and help her three legged walk while also having a look around to make sure of their location and that they were heading in the right direction. They were, and were not to far now. The pause was sort, enough to notice but not enough to really throw off a rhythm.

Stormsong chuckled, hoping the action would assist in her conveyance that she was simply teasing and didn't actually mean what she said, but she kept up the verbal assault. "Well, if I'm too busy distracting you with my beauty and eeeeeevil, then you'll never be able to distract me with this so-called impressive wit." she said, putting on a mock-spooky voice for saying evil. The short pause from Sam, while not catching her so unaware that she stumbled, brought on yet another painful twinge from her head, though she didn't complain about it. She simply squeezed Sam's side with her foreleg and hoped he would get the hint.

He leans into her a bit more, keeping their pace steady and as even as he can. "We'll be there in no time Stormsong. Which is a good thing because I am quickly running out of semi-witty retorts. I kind of lied about that, my wit is about as sharp as a river stone." He gives another chuckle, turning around a corner slowly and moving towards the hospital entrance near by.

"You didn't do too badly, all distractions of the moment considered." Stormsong replied, softening her tone and smiling over at Sam while they walked together. "I was just teasing you about that anyway, I don't really think you're lacking in wits... and I would certainly believe that I'm affecting your ability to think."

She leaned in even closer toward her pony-crutch at this point, and whispered in his ear "After all, you just couldn't seem to keep your eyes away from me in the restaurant, could you?"

Sam flushes something fierce, both at her actions and her words. Being a true albino, and not just a white furred pony, the red showed up very nicely over his face, turning pretty much his whole muzzle a light pink color. And since he was, at the moment, using his magic to help keep Stormsong from falling down he couldn't (,well, didn't) use it to remove the flush this time. He stutters something unintelligible but then speaks up, just a little too loudly as they enter the building. "Oh, here we are! See, no-no time at all. L-let's get you checked in to an exam room and f-fetch a doctor right away... ."

Satisfied with the assumption that she had managed to embarrass Sam at least as much as he had done so to her earlier, Stormsong quieted down just as they entered the hospital. Even though she was sure she was perfectly fine, in spite of the still excruciating headache she had, there was some level of internal relief at being in good hooves now. An eerie sort of peace settled into her mind as they approached the reception desk, and before she even had time to contemplate it's possible implications, she slumped into unconsciousness inside Sam's magic.

Once he felt Stormsong collapse Sam leans into her a bit more and grips just a little tighter with his magic so she doesn't just fall right onto the floor. Not being the most physical of stallions he can't hold her up for long but does manage to get her laid out on the floor without dropping her, calling for assistance with medical code, not that is was needed as help was already coming form the sight.

Upon getting help he fills in the other nurses and the doctors on what happened and makes sure the right ponies are on the task to access just what is wrong and what treatment would be needed. Once that was done he'd go about trying to find some contact information for her family, using the information she had given him during their meal.

At the end of it all Sam would try his hardest to stay at her side to be there when she woke up. It's just rude to leave your date while she's unconscious after all.

Stormsong didn't immediately open her eyes when she regained consciousness, instead silently wondering to herself why her head hurt so much. She raised her front hooves up to massage her temples, and added that she was lying in a bed that wasn't her own to her growing list of questions. She wanted to fall back asleep and worry about those things when she woke up again, but the sheer amount of pain she was in simply wasn't going to allow that. It wouldn't be so frustrating if she was able to think long enough to remember what had happened, but all she could bring up was the sudden rush of customers at her family's restaurant, and her panic when she was going to be late for...

The date. As soon as she thought of the date with Sam, everything came rushing back; she could recall up until entering the hospital, but after that, there was simply nothing, and try as she might to bring back a memory closer to her loss of consciousness, her mind was too foggy to comply. She finally opened her eyes, and absorbed her new surroundings, which did nothing but confirm that she had been more injured by that wall than she first realized. She relaxed when she spotted Sam sitting nearby, and simply smiled up at him, trying her best to reassure him that she was going to be okay, even though she certainly didn't feel like she would.

Sam was actually kind of dosing at the moment, eyes closed with his head titled down some, his glasses in danger of falling off. He gives snort and raising his head, absentmindedly pushing his glasses back up with a hoof. He works his jaw some before finally opening his eyes, blinking a bit to clear then. It takes a few moment before they widen and he gives a light smile. "Hey, you're awake. You've been out for a bit, not too long though. The doctors say you'll be fine, you just need some bed rest. They want to keep you for observation though, to make sure there aren't any more complications." Because he didn't interact with, awake, patients too much he was horrible at the 'small lie to make the patient feel better' bit some nurses do. Thankfully though he was telling the truth now so that wasn't a factor.

"How... how long was I out? A better question... when was I out? I don't remember anything after we got through the front door to the hospital" Stormsong spoke, barely raising her voice above a whisper so as not to further aggravate her headache. It helped her confidence to hear Sam say what she had only been hoping was true until this point, although she still didn't feel like that was going to be the case. Either way, there was nothing she could do about it at this point, and so she simply nodded off to sleep once again.

He was about the respond to her question but she slipped off again. Sam gives a light sigh and uses his magic to adjust her position some, fluff up her pillow and tuck the covers a bit closer. Some low grade healing magic had been worked on her and should hopefully set everything right by morning.

Once making sure Stomrsong was nice and comfortable he quietly leaves the room to clean up a bit himself. There wasn't much he could do to help at this point, and running himself into the ground with worry wouldn't make her better either. He pauses the door to look back and feels his face flush when he thinks of how cute she looks asleep he quickly leaves before his mind wanders to far afield... .

Stormsong woke again not too long after she had dozed off, and this time felt wide awake, in spite of her ever-continuing headsplitter. She also saw that she was alone this time, no sign of either Sam or any doctors and nurses in the room with her or out in the hallway. Since there was nothing immediately visible for her to do, and she wasn't sure if she was supposed to wait here for a doctor to return or go find one once she was awake, she stepped out into the hall and began looking for signs of life.

The musician made her way down the hall to the nurse's station, seeing that somepony was there, reading a book at the desk. As Stormsong approached, she nervously cleared her throat to make her presense known and timidly asked, "Um... excuse me... but what time is it? And can I get something for this terrible headache? Oh... and if it's not too much trouble... do you know if Sam is still around here somewhere?"

"Huh... that late already, I must have hit my head really hard... Yes, a pain killer would be nice... Yeah, Samguine, is he... Oh, he already went home? Maybe it'd be best if I just went home, too, then..." Stormsong was rambling on in an undertone, mostly to herself, trying to concentrate on the situation at hoof rather than the pounding in her head. She would certainly feel more comfortable at home, in the care of her family rather than ponies she'd never met before, sleeping soundly in her own bed rather than the hospital ones. She turned and was about to leave, when she realized that she hadn't told Sam where she lived, and their next date, the next time they might see each other, was supposed to be there. Turning back to the teal mare, Storm asked "Sorry to bother you again, but could I, well... leave a note for him... in like, his employee mailbox, or something... do you have those here?"

The mare listens to Stormsong talk, putting away her book and hoofing through the latest reports here at the station. Unicorns had it so easy at times... . The Earth pony mare finds what she had been looking for and looks it over in a quick glance before looking back to Stormsong. "Miss Stormsong, right? Samquine will be back in the morning and as of right now I think the best thing we can do is get you back into bed with a little something to help you with that headache and to get some sleep. The doctors wanted to keep you over night to make sure there weren't any problems in the morning."

"Well... okay then... I'll just, uh, go back to my room then... I know the way..." Stormsong half-mumbled before making her way back down the hallway and doing just that. With the reassurance that Sam would be back in the morning, there was no need to leave him a note, so she simply laid back down in the bed and promptly fell asleep before she even got to take a painkiller.

Stormsong slept soundly this time around, the exhaustion of her constant worrying and working finally catching up with her, now that she was given the chance to sleep as much as she wanted. Her dreams wildly varied throughout the night, and it seemed to her that she had far too many to have fit into the time of her sleep. She dreamed of absurd situations at work, of overcoming her bashful nature and becoming a famous musician, of traveling about Equestria with her friends, and several subjects she'd rather not discuss.

It was almost noon before she woke again, stretching and yawning on the hospital bed, her headache completely subsided by now. She didn't want to get up, but her grumbling stomach was demanding to be filled; she hadn't eaten anything since close to this time yesterday by now. She kept her eyes closed though, trying to savor the memory of her most recent dream for just a few more minutes before she had to get up and handle her medical expenses.

Stormsong would hear someone shuffling around the room, looking through some papers and pacing back and forth off to the side. It'd be Sam, looking much like he did the day before but Stormsong may or may not notice he was wearing a slightly differently cut vest. Still black, just not the same one as before. The albino unicorn was looking over a clipboard, flipping through the three pages on it.